Saturday racing is at Seoul with 12 races from 10:45 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Weak juvenile maiden, but something has got to win. That should be (6) P.K. HILL, who with a 2nd and two 5ths to her name so far has better form than anything else here and she has run faster times too. She should be on pace early and will take some beating. (10) BODY STAR ran 5th of 11 on debut back in June and while he struggled on his return in August, it was over 1300M and he weakened late on. Back at the minimum distance today, he can be close. (1) ROCK LINE didn’t go great on debut but should have come on for it, similarly (5) CHEON CHONG.
|Selections||(6) P.K. Hill (10) Body Star (1) Rock Line (5) Cheon Chong|
|Next Best||8, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 9, 10|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juveniles here with four of them racing for the first time. Of those, (5) NEW MOON WARRIOR won his trial in a fast time and while he was assisted by a muddy track, if he brings that form to the races, he has every chance of going very well first-up today. The other contenders all have experience. (4) POWER TOWER ran 4th on debut on September 1st and should have come on for it while (2) DAHAENGIDA was a little slow to get going on his first start at the end of August but ran on well for 6th and can improve today. (7) BLUE K and (10) BLUE KING are others to take into account.
|Selections||(5) New Moon Warrior (4) Power Tower (2) Dahaengida (7) Blue K|
|Next Best||10, 6|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 5, 10|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
More juvenile maidens and (2) BEST TAP ran a good 3rd on debut on September 8th, coming from well off the pace over 1000M. The step up in trip today should give him more to work with and he’s the one to beat here. (11) WILD KINGDOM was a disappointing 9th behind Best Tap in that race but previously ran 3rd over 1200M and should also go better back up in trip today. (8) DYNAMIC PUNCH was a little one-paced when 6th on debut but should come on today while (7) MACH NEDAN and first-time starter (12) LUXURY CAPTAIN are others who should be in the hunt.
|Selections||(2) Best Tap (8) Dynamic Punch (11) Wild Kingdom (12) Luxury Captain|
|Next Best||7, 10|
|Fast Start||6, 8, 11|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Weak maiden here and the step up in trip could well be what (11) GOLD FIELD needs in order to make the breakthrough. She has some reasonable showings to her name at 1000M and in this company ought to be able to make it to the lead early. (1) KINGLY has also hinted at ability across ten starts so far and should go close here while (12) HYEONGMA PUBU has similarly managed to continually get beaten despite at times looking to have potential. Those three are likely to be the favourites with (2) NEOSEONG BYOKRYOK and (10) BEF K others with potential to improve.
|Selections||(11) Gold Field (1) Kingly (12) Hyeongma Pubu (2) Neoseong Byokryok|
|Next Best||10, 3|
|Fast Start||4, 8, 11|
Race 5: Class 6 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(11) ANY SEON beat four of these on her way to a close 2nd place finish on a wet track at this distance on September 8th. It was her first try at 1700M and she seemed to thrive at it and she’ll be the one to beat today. (3) MACH SEUNGCHEON improved when tried at this distance for the first time last start and can build on that today. (5) SUPER VICTOR struggled in her latest two, both at 1300M, but has gone well at this trip in the past and should be in the placing frame here. (9) DAE YONGWANG steps up to two-turns for the first time and looks to be best of the rest.
|Selections||(11) Any Seon (3) Mach Seungcheon (5) Super Victor (9) Dae Yongwang|
|Next Best||8, 7|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 9, 11|
Race 6: Class 4 (1000M0 Allowance / KRW 75 Million
A maiden for imported juveniles with six of the ten racing for the very first time. And one of those first-timers is set to be hot favourite. (4) CUPID MISSION made all in is trial, before just being pipped on the line and the Mission Impazible colt really should be debuting with a win today. Another trial winner was (9) MY ROMEO. He too was a front-runner in his trial, winning it in a good time and should go well first up. (8) GLOBAL JOY was another trial winner and should be competing for the early lead too. As for those with experience, (6) CHARLIE STYLE and (7) SUN FO RE both acquitted themselves well on debut and can improve today.
|Selections||(4) Cupid Mission (9) My Romeo (8) Global Joy (7) Sun Fo Re|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 8, 10|
Race 7: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(5) DRAGON BOAT was a winner last start over this class and distance. He beat a couple of these in the process and has every chance of scoring again. (9) KING OF SUNDAY returned after almost a year out to run 3rd over this distance at the end of August. He should have come on for the run and looks to be the main danger here. (3) RAON JOY remains a maiden but is up in class following three consecutive 3rd place finishes and she should be in the hunt here. (1) SINBU put in a useful start last time out, running 6th over 1000M. He probably won’t win this but can go close. (4) JEONGMUN SAI is the best of the rest.
|Selections||(5) Dragon Boat (9) King of Sunday (3) Raon Joy (1) Sinbu|
|Next Best||4, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 9, 12|
Race 8: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(9) HIGH BEAT came home 2nd last start over 1000M, his best finish since returning from almost a year out. Despite the wide draw, he can look to get forward here and looks to be the one to beat. (8) WONDERFUL MARINE got promoted to this level despite still being a maiden and has held his own in two attempts at it so far. Those two races were both stronger than this one and he can aim to place today. (1) MAENGSAN HERO had a tough day at the office last time but is another who’s in shallower waters today and should be closer. (5) I AM WINNER and (7) GEUMA GLORY are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(9) High Beat (8) Wonderful Marine (1) Maengsan Hero (5) I Am Winner|
|Next Best||7, 6|
|Fast Start||2, 7, 9|
Race 9: Class 4 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(1) MIGHTY SOO was a good winner on what was his second career start on August 31st. It was at class and distance and he came from off the pace to score. From gate 1, he can settle quietly behind the lead and can go on to win again. (3) GLOBAL ACE was a winner on debut over 1000M a month ago and looks to be the main danger here. He will be expected to lead from the start. (6) LUMINESCE is a little more experienced and while slightly inconsistent, is well drawn to get forward and go close. (2) DAEGUNUI GEOM and (10) MUNHAK FIRE are others in at least the placing frame.
|Selections||(1) Mighty Soo (3) Global Ace (6) Luminesce (10) Munhak Fire|
|Next Best||2, 12|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 10|
Race 10: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(9) GEOM HYANG beat a couple of these on his way to 2nd place over 1200M on September 8th. That continued his run of good form and he can maintain it by going one better today. (3) SEMYEONG GISANG and (1) SOMETHING NOBODYNO were the pair who were behind Geom Hyang that day. Both were below par and will be expected to get closer this time. (2) BULUI QUEEN and (4) GEUMA ACME, the latter rapidly up in class after a pair of good wins, both at this distance, are others who can have a say.
|Selections||(9) Geom Hyang (4) Geuma Acme (3) Semyeong Gisang (2) Bului Queen|
|Next Best||1, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4, 10|
Race 11: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(4) MUNHAK WINNER finally became a winner at the sixth time of asking on September 1st. He’s had several near-misses before that and he doesn’t have to go up a level here. He does carry an additional 3kg but expect him to win again. (1) D K NARIN is up in class off the back of a three-length win at this distance last time and should be competitive at this level. (11) GAON QUEEN ran 5th in a Trophy race on international weekend last month and in softer company here should get closer. (6) HEUNG OREUM and (9) SEOUL TANK are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(4) Munhak Winner (1) D K Narin (11) Gaon Queen (6) Heung Oreum|
|Next Best||9, 5|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 11|
Race 12: Class 2 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(7) MUNHAK TSUNAMI got back to back wins to be promoted to this level in June and July and ran a strong 2nd on his first crack at it on September 1st, beating no fewer than four of these in the process. He’ll be on pace here and is the one they’ll need to beat. (2) DAEGUN JEPAE is up in class today having scored over 1200M last start. He was beaten by Munhak Tsunami the time before so has form to overturn but can be competitive. (6) HEUNG BUJA too steps up in class after winning a Trophy race last month and warrants some attention. (3) DARK PLAYER is inconsistent but comes in following 2nd place in a very similar race to this last time. (5) HAE HU and (8) M J POWER are others to consider.
|Selections||(7) Munhak Tsunami (2) Daegun Jepae (3) Dark Player (8) M J Power|
|Next Best||6, 5|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 5, 7|