The weekend’s racing gets underway at Busan on friday with 11 races from 11:30 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maidens to kick things off and only one of the twelve has raced before. That’s (1) DAEMANGUI GIL, who has actually appeared twice, improving significantly in the second of them, which was a valuable juvenile race (Gold Circle Trophy) over 1200M. Back down in trip here and his experience may come through. (2) TOP OF CHALLENGER caught the eye in a fast trial back in August and is perhaps the pick of the first-time starters although (5) FANTASTIC WINNER looked good coming from off the pace to win a second trial at the end of September ahead of some established horses and can be taken seriously too. (7) TOP BEST and (11) BURNING STAR also ran in some competitive times and look likely to go well first up, the latter partnered by former Busan champion jockey Kim Young Geun, who is in town for Sunday’s Governor’s Cup. As ever, keep an eye on the market.
|Selections||(1) Daemangui Gil (2) Top Of Challenger (5) Fantastic Winner (7) Top Best|
|Next Best||11, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 4|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(7) WORLD TODAY is a “full” brother of World Day, a winner of nine of twelve starts so far. He looked competent enough when trialling two weeks ago and this isn’t the most intimidating. The biggest danger may be (8) BEYOND. He returned from six months off on September 20th only for his saddle to slip and his jockey to fall off. He had been relatively well-fancied in that race due to an impressive trial and he surely will again here. (1) BORYEONG JILJU drops back in trip after a solid 4th over 1300M last start and should be in contention to build on that today. (5) RAINBOW PARK and (12) MYEONGGA DAERO are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(7) World Today (8) Beyond (1) Boryeong Jilju (5) Rainbow Park|
|Next Best||12, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 7, 8|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(11) HANSEN FLASHY found himself a little overmatched facing the current top juveniles in a valuable race at the end of August but he finds himself in much shallower waters today and should be winning. (7) SUPER GREAT is the only one of these to have a 2nd place to his name and that in itself marks him as a major contender up against this lot. (1) NEPTUNE is a thirty-four race maiden but ran a solid 3rd ahead of a couple of these two weeks ago and should beat a few again. (6) DREAM CHASER hasn’t beaten many across three starts so far but his times have been creditable, and he has been facing much better opposition than this. (8) I AM CHAMPION too can beat a few.
|Selections||(11) Hansen Flashy (7) Super Great (6) Dream Chaser (1) Neptune|
|Next Best||8, 10|
|Fast Start||6, 9, 11|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(9) BLUE POWER comes in having run a decent 4th in the Gold Circle Trophy at the end of last month, and while he was some way behind the winner, it was a reasonable performance. He already has a 3rd place to his name at this distance and could be the ne to beat here. (4) PINEUI KKUM raced very greenly when 6th on debut last month to the extent that he was sent back to trial. He duly won that trial in a fast time and goes straight into contention here. (2) ANGEL KING STAR and (3) MAJOR GUY came home 3rd and 4th with just a head between them when they raced over this distance on September 27th and both have placing claims. (11) SANBANG ANY DAY was 3rd over 1000M last start and steps back up in trip for the first time since his debut.
|Selections||(9) Blue Power (4) Pineui Kkum (2) Angel King Star (3) Major Guy|
|Next Best||11, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 6, 11|
Race 5: Class 3 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(1) ALPHA RUNNER enters with recent form reading well and while it’s ten starts since his last win, he looks nicely in here. 2nd last time out over 1200M, he was 4th at this class and distance at the end of August and can come from off the pace with a late run. (10) B.K. GAMBOL upset the highly thought-of Mr. Afleet, making all and just holding on in a fast time on a wet track at class and distance on September 29th and while he carries an additional 3kg here and will need to make his way to the front from a wide draw, he warrants respect. (5) WHITE POINT beat a couple of these in his way to an unexpected 2nd a month ago, his first try at this distance. He can go well again although (2) MUJEOK VETERAN, who was behind him that day, could overturn the form. (9) IGGYDA had a poor day at the office over a mile last time but is better than that and can improve today.
|Selections||(1) Alpha Runner (10) B.K. Gambol (5) White Point (2) Mujeok Veteran|
|Next Best||9, 4|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 9, 10|
Race 6: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(4) FINAL DREAM ran 3rd on her first try at this class over 1200M on September 20th. She (more…)