Jeju Stud Farm hosted its November Yearling sale last week. Of the 90 lots offered, just 35 sold at an average price of 45 Million won ($39,000).
Topping the sale was was a colt by Vicar out of the Australian bred mare Hurricane Havoc [Jade Robbery – Hurricane Bay (Palace Music)] who fetched 100 Million won. Second highest was a colt by Revere out of Mina De Oro (USA) [Afleet – Alas De Oro (Ack Ack)] at 85 Million won. The Vicar colt was bought by Kim Chul, who currently has nine horses in training at Seoul while Busan owner Kwak Jung Su took the Revere colt.
The highest drawing filly was by Creek Cat and out of the Korean bred Tamna Jeilbong [Lost Mountain – Scotty’s Love (First Draft Choice)], fetching 56 Million won from Seung Myoung Ho. Prominent Seoul owner Ku Ja Sun (Dongbanui Gangja) was also in action, taking home colts by Creek Cat and Exploit for a combined total of just shy of 100 Million won.
Top five lots (Sex/Pedigree/Seller/Buyer/Price in units of 10,000 won):
1. Colt [Vicar – Hurricane Havoc (Jade Robbery)] Lim Sang Yun / Kim Chul – 10,000
2. Colt [Revere – Mina De Oro (Afleet)] Lim Sang Yun / Kwak Jung Su – 8,500
3. Colt [Menifee – Angel Be Great (Notebook)] Oh Gong Hak / Choi Cheol Yi – 8,000
4. Colt [Volponi – Regal Meg (Regal Classic)] Kang Seok Ho / Lee Jong Hun – 7,500
5. Colt* [Wando – Luv Meadow (Meadowlake)] Oh Gong Hak / Daemyoung Co. – 7,400
* Luv Meadow was in foal to Wando when imported to Korea in January 2008.
Chulgigi has a full list from the sale (in Korean) and as ever, full details on all horses in Korea can be found at the KRA Studbook.