Saturday’s racing is at Seoul with 12 races from 10:45 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Maiden to kick things off. (6) FAMILY PARK has two 3rd place finishes to his name, including last time out at this distance. He was sent off as favourite that day but couldn’t quite get to the front. He should be on pace today and can win. The main danger is (2) PUNCH POWER. He’s only raced twice so far, improving in the latest of them when he briefly led before finishing 4th. (1) KAIZEN SILVER has a 2nd place in his records and should go close here while (4) RAON DANCER and (5) DONGJJOK GLORY are others with the potential to improve.
|Selections||(2) Punch Power (6) Family Park (4) Raon Dancer (1) Kaizen Silver|
|Next Best||5, 11|
|Fast Start||4, 6, 11|
Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maidens with precisely half the field racing for the very first time. (8) COMPLETE CAPTAIN is set to be a strong favourite having run 3rd on debut on September 7th. He quickened pleasingly that day and should have too much for his rivals here. (7) CHEONJI KKOT BARAM was 5th that day and should get closer this time while (11) SINDAERO and (12) WONDERFUL HEART also have scope to improve – the latter is the only one in the field to have raced twice already and ran well for 2nd last time. As for the first-timers, the most impressive in trials was (3) MIRACLE ICHEON.
|Selections||(8) Complete Captain (3) Miracle Icheon (7) Cheonji Kkot Baram (12) Wonderful Heart|
|Next Best||11, 1|
|Fast Start||5, 6, 8, 11|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Maiden for fillies. (1) TA MINA beat a couple of these on her way to a somewhat unexpected 2nd place at this distance last start. She came from well off the pace that day and ran on very well and should be in the mix again here. (9) VIRTUS finished 4th in that race in what was her second start back following six months off. She’s had a stop start career but looks to have ability and can go close today. (4) HWANGGEUM STAR ran 6th in the same race but has since come back and put in a strong run for 2nd at this distance on September 22nd. Like Ta Mina, she finished strongly from off the pace and could well start as favourite here. (2) HAPPY MONTH showed considerable improvement when 2nd last start while (6) WONDERFUL PLEASURE also has scope for improvement.
|Selections||(9) Virtus (4) Hwanggeum Star (1) Ta Mina (2) Happy Month|
|Next Best||6, 11|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 9, 12|
Race 4: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(8) WHITE COMET made all to secure his maiden win in fast time over this distance on September 21st. He is up in class today, but that manner of that victory was impressive enough for him to warrant favourite status here. (2) JEONGMUN SUMMIT had a hard time on his first try at this level but comes back in after two months off, back in trip and looking set to pose a sterner challenge today. (9) BAEKJEUI KKUM similarly had a hard time on what was just her second start, but she too should be a different prospect here. (3) SAMAE JILJU and (11) CAMP BADA look best of the rest.
|Selections||(8) White Comet (9) Baekjeui Kkum (2) Jeongmun Summit (11) Camp Bada|
|Next Best||3, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 8, 9, 11|
Race 5: Class 6 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(2) CHEONJI AEGA stepped up to this distance last start and ran a good 3rd, beating a couple of these in the process. She ran on well and can be considered favourite here. (4) HOSUA too tried two-turns for the first time on his latest start and got on well with it recording a career best to date of 3rd and looks to be the main danger. (9) DAEGIRI too ran pleasingly for 2nd last start and is likely to look to lead from the start here. (6) WIND SKY was beaten by Cheonji Aega last time out but can get closer today while (8) GREEN PARK looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(2) Cheonji Aega (4) Hosua (9) Daegiri (6) Wind Sky|
|Next Best||8, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 9|
Race 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
Maiden for imported juveniles with just three of them having raced before. One of those is (2) D K PURMIR and having run a good 2nd on debut back in August, looks set to be favourite here. (7) CHUKBOKUI YAKSOK debuted in the same race, running 3rd. He’s since run at this distance, finishing 5th and can be a contender today. The other with experience is (4) VICTORY MAP and he will be expected to improve on his debut 7th. Among the newcomers there were a few who hinted at ability in trials. (5) GLOBAL LUCKY looks the best of them having made all in her heat taking the line in front by a comfortable margin in a fast time. If she brings that form to the races, she’ll be right in this. (9) CONSTI SOLO also posted a fast time and can go well first up.
|Selections||(5) Global Lucky (2) D K Purmir (7) Chukbokui Yaksok (9) Consti Solo|
|Next Best||4, 12|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 10|
Race 7: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(4) MENI HERO has a 3rd and two runner-up finishes from three starts so far. That’s enough to se him up in class today but despite that – and the fact he has been the beaten favourite in each of his latest two appearances – he should be favourite here and this time should make no mistake. Should Meni Hero come up short then (6) BISAYEON and (7) MENI SPEED both come in off the back of solid performances last start and could take advantage while (9) DASHING CANOE came home 5th on her first try at this class a month ago and should be in at least placing contention. Like Meni Hero (5) WONDERFUL PANGPANG finds herself up in class despite still being winless. She should be capable of challenging for a place here.
|Selections||(4) Meni Hero (6) Bisayeon (5) Wonderful Pangpang (7) Meni Speed|
|Next Best||9, 3|
|Fast Start||4, 8|
Race 8: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
A winner on debut in July, (3) TK DAY has been 3rd in both her subsequent outings, both times in good company and most recently at this distance. She’ll be one of a number on pace here and could well lead all the way in this race which is restricted to fillies and mares. (2) WHITE QUEEN won her first two races to be rapidly promoted to this class. She hasn’t raced since running 7th behind TK Day in a valuable juvenile race in August and looks set to be one of the main dangers here. (4) THANK YOU MOTHER has finished in the top three on seven of her ten starts to date and should be close here while (1) INDIAN ECO and (8) MIGHTY LUCK are also contenders.
|Selections||(3) TK Day (2) White Queen (8) Mighty Luck (4) Thank You Mother|
|Next Best||1, 5|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3, 7, 8|
Race 9: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Good match up here. It took (2) CHEON GOE SEONG eleven attempts to secure his maiden win but he did it in fine style at this distance a month ago. His reward is to be bumped up in class today but that shouldn’t be a problem and he can win again. The big danger is (11) MANSEOK JIGI. He’s thrived since being tried around two turns with two wins and a runner-up finish from his latest three outings. Whereas Cheon Goe Seong will likely be on pace from the start, Manseok Jigi can come from behind and it should be a good battle late on. Aside from those two, (1) JEONGSANG ETTEUM and (4) RULE BREAKER enter with recent form reading well while (8) JACOB is another who can go well in this company.
|Selections||(2) Cheon Goe Seong (11) Manseok Jigi (1) Jeongsang Etteum (4) Rule Breaker|
|Next Best||8, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 8|
Race 10: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(9) MUSTANG RUN was a class and distance winner on September 28th, racing prominently throughout and running on well. He does carry an additional 4kg today but could well be equal to the task. (5) RULES ICHEON came from off the pace to win at this class over 1200M last month and should get on well with the additional distance today while (4) FLASH JET ran a decent 4th in a similar race to this last start and can match or better that today. Both (1) WUJEONGUI HYANGGI and (7) GWANAK HAMSEONG are better than their respective latest outings suggest, and they can get closer today.
|Selections||(9) Mustang Run (4) Flash Jet (5) Rules Icheon (7) Gwanak Hamseong|
|Next Best||1, 8|
|Fast Start||8, 9|
Race 11: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(4) URI has three races in a row and was a very handy winner over 1800M last start at this class. He steps up in trip slightly once more and carries more weight than in any of his previous races, but he should be capable of winning again. (8) GEUMA WHOLESOME won back to back races in June and July and comes in off a decent 4th over 1800M last month. He’ll be dangerous here. (1) HWANSANG STAR has finished no worse than 3rd in three attempts at this level and should be close today. (9) SEOUL TANK and (10) CALL WIN, the latter up in class after a good win over 1300M, are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(4) Uri (8) Geuma Wholesome (1) Hwansang Star (9) Seoul Tank|
|Next Best||10, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 8|
Race 12: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(10) GUREUM WANGJA beat a couple of these on his way to a good 3rd place over 1400M on September 22nd. He drops back in trip today and could well come out on top. (8) GOLDEN GATE and (7) PENETRO came home 1st and 3rd when they raced each other at class and distance on September 28th. Penetro led for much of that race, just weakening slightly in the closing stages and with Golden Gate carrying plenty more weight today, that form could be overturned. (3) CRAZY WIKI and (5) SEONGPA are others with placing claims.
|Selections||(10) Gureum Wangja (7) Penetro (8) Golden Gate (3) Crazy Wiki|
|Next Best||5, 1|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 5|