There is a big 12-race card at Seoul on Saturday running from 10:45 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Two heats of juvenile maidens to kick things off. The first has eight runners with just three having raced before. Two of those, (7) RAON LIGHT MAN and (5) HALLA BLOSSOM came home 2nd and 3rd respectively when they raced each other at this distance on September 21st. It was a second start for both, and both showed improvement. There were two lengths between them and accordingly, Raon Light Man will be favourite to strike here. Of the first-timers (4) CHEONGSAN GASE and (6) STRONG RED were the most impressive in trials, both registering good times and should go well first-up. (2) BIG RIVER possibly the most promising of the rest.
|Selections||(7) Raon Light Man (5) Halla Blossom (6) Strong Red (4) Cheongsan Gase|
|Next Best||2, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 7|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
The second group of juvenile maidens again has just three with previous experience. Of those, (2) MONEY LINE, with the returning Johan Victoire aboard, probably has the best chance with his two starts so far having been in better company than this. (5) THROUGH THE SKY and (6) DIECO are the others who have raced before and while neither did too much, they both should be beating some of the newcomers. As for those newcomers, (1) CLEAN UP HAPPY is a likely favourite. The Paynter colt looked accomplished in trials and if he brings that form to the races, can make a winning start. The trainer and jockey combination for (8) J.S. CAPTAIN catches the eye, even if the trial run didn’t.
|Selections||(1) Clean Up Happy (2) Money Line (6) Dieco (8) J.S. Captain|
|Next Best||5, 4|
|Fast Start||3, 5|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(6) WONDER PLACE comes in having run 4th and 5th in his latest two in similar company to this. From gate 6 he looks likely to be on the early speed this time and can make his breakthrough here. (4) DAEGUN OK beat two of these on his way to 3rd place last start at this distance. That was her best finish to date, and she can build on it here. (7) BIANCA ran an improved 5th in that same race and she too has cope for improvement while (5) POWER PRIDE and (8) MACH THUNDER are others in the placing hunt.
|Selections||(6) Wonder Place (4) Daegun Ok (5) Power Pride (7) Bianca|
|Next Best||8, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 8|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(2) DIAVOLA comes in off back to back 3rd place finishes and up against limited opposition today has every chance of going two-better. She’ll be on pace from the start and can go all the way. (4) KOOKA CAT is the biggest danger. She’s been runner-up already at this distance and will also be looking for a good start which, if she gets, puts her right in it. (7) BEST GOLD is the only other one to have a 2nd place to her name and while she had a poor day at the office last start, can be given another chance here. (1) CAMPING MANIA should improve on her second start following a seven-month layoff while (6) JEONGSEONG HOLIDAY has had a stop/start career so far but doesn’t look completely devoid of ability.
|Selections||(2) Diavola (4) Kooka Cat (6) Jeongseong Holiday (1) Camping Mania|
|Next Best||7, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 4, 9|
Race 5: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(4) CHODONG ROSE ran out a good winner on debut at this distance all the way back on July 20th. She’s been off since then and she is up in class today, but there seems to be no reason why she can’t win again. The potential problem though is the presence of (1) RAON HANNIBAL. Having secured her maiden win at this distance in August, she then ran 3rd on her first try at this class on September 21st. From gate 1, she can sit just off the early lead and finish strongly. (10) FEDERAL CAT remains a maiden after ten attempts but can go close in this company. (3) LAO JIN and (8) AUSPICE others in the hunt.
|Selections||(4) Chodong Rose (1) Raon Hannibal (3) Lao Jin (10) Federal Cat|
|Next Best||8, 6|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 8|
Race 6: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
A maiden for imported horses with four of them racing for the first time. A couple of those look quite promising too. (4) MEOTJIN WANGJA is a Temple City colt and he certainly looked the part when winning a trial in a good time last month. Moon Se Young rides and he’s sure to be well backed. The same is true for (10) MIGHTY GO. He too won his trail and has a top jockey booking. (3) FASHION PLAYER put in a dreadful effort last start, jumping out awkwardly and then hanging outwards throughout. He was accordingly ordered back to trial which he completed in fine fashion at the end of September and he goes straight into contention here. (6) ECHO FIRST ON and (8) MUNHAK KING, the latter a solid 3rd on debut, look best of the rest.
|Selections||(4) Meotjin Wangja (10) Mighty Wangja (3) Fashion Player (8) Munhak King|
|Next Best||6, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 8|
Race 7: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Two debut-makers among the nine who go here and one of them, (5) PREEMAX, is eagerly awaited. He won his trial in a time faster than any of the experienced ones he faces today have achieved in an actual race, and he’ll be hot favourite to get his career underway with a win. (1) BEST GUNHAM has improved across two starts since returning from five months off and looks to be the biggest danger to the favourite although (2) GIVEN WEEKEND and (8) MABOSS can improve too. Then there is the other newcomer. (7) D K BYULCCI trialled up twice and looked competent enough when running 2nd in the most recent of them.
|Selections||(5) Preemax (1) Best Gunham (7) D K Byulcci (2) Given Weekend|
|Next Best||8, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 9|
Race 8: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Fillies (and mares) only and a reasonable race for the level. (6) RAON FIRST recorded a rare sub one-minute time for the 1000M when breaking her maiden by seven-lengths on September 21st. She’s up in both class and distance but could well have too much again. (1) PSYCHIC BOSS is also up in class following her maiden score which just like that of Raon First, came on her second career start. It was over this distance and she looks to have plenty of potential for more. Both those two will go to the front and try to make all so if they end up over-racing one another, (4) STRONG QUEEN could take advantage. She’s still a maiden but gets promoted today following two very narrow defeats, both at 1000M. She runs on well though and the additional trip may suit here. (3) CHEONEUN JJANG and (5) SINGGEUREOUN TIME both have previous experience of this level and are others to look out for.
|Selections||(6) Raon First (1) Psychic Boss (4) Strong Queen (3) Cheoneun Jjang|
|Next Best||5, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 7|
Race 9: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(1) KING’S CARRIAGE was a somewhat disappointing 8th when well supported at class and distance on September 22nd. His win the time before that was impressive enough to warrant another chance though and he can bounce back to win, most likely from being on the early pace. (4) DALLYEORA GWANGSAN was among those who beat King’s Carriage last start and she can get close again but there are other dangers too. It’s been a while since (6) GLORY VERN’s latest win but she’s been getting progressively closer over her latest three and can go well here too. (3) BLESSING ROAD and (7) MISSILE CANDY are others who enter with recent form reading well.
|Selections||(1) King’s Carriage (6) Glory Vern (7) Missile Candy (4) Dallyeora Gwangsan|
|Next Best||3, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 8|
Race 10: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Small but competitive field. (1) DAEJI YEOGEOL and (3) RAPIDO BOLT are both up in class following good maiden wins on their respective latest starts. Both should be competitive here and the pair of them look the most likely to contest the early speed. They will face some others who have good experience of this level already though. Both (5) LUCKY MIDAS and (6) GEUM ROYAL enter with their recent form looking good and while both have winning claims, Lucky Midas is marginally favoured here. (7) SINGSING JANGSU had a hard time in his first try at this class last start but can be given another chance here.
|Selections||(5) Lucky Midas (6) Geum Royal (3) Rapido Bolt (1) Daeji Yeogeol|
|Next Best||7, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 3|
Race 11: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(9) PLATINUM EURO enters with a 100% record to defend, having won his first two starts in fine fashion. They were back in March and May and he’s not been seen since but one of them was at 1700M and he looks a talent. He went through a trial two weeks ago and looked nice and fit and while he is up in class since we last saw him, he’s the one to beat. (3) SPEED HWANGNYONG has plenty of experience and is usually not too far away in races like this while (8) BAEKDUUI JEONGSANG too looks set to beat most of these. (1) TAURUS and (5) MENI SMART are others with placing chances.
|Selections||(9) Platinum Euro (3) Speed Hwangnyong (8) Baekduui Jeongsang (5) Meni Smart|
|Next Best||1, 4|
|Fast Start||5, 9|
Race 12: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
Competitive race to finish with but (5) GAENARI SONG, a winner of four from seven so far, should be returning to the winner’s circle. She came up short when 4th over 1400M last start but drops back to her favoured trip today and should be too strong. (6) RAON STORM is up in class having won well at 1000M last time. He has an impressive win record too and should go well from the front today. Another “storm”, (3) MIREU STORM was a touch disappointing last start but is worth another chance today while (10) ACE SOLONGO and (11) I.B.S. QUEEN, the latter up in class, are others in the placing frame.
|Selections||(5) Gaenari Song (6) Raon Storm (11) I.B.S. Queen (3) Mireu Storm|
|Next Best||10, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 6, 11|