Racing moves up to Seoul on Saturday with 11 races from 10:45 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(2) STRONG VULTURE returned from almost eight months off to run a useful 4th at this distance on April 6th. He should have improved for that run and can go closer here, likely looking to lead from the start. (7) KAHINAH was disqualified from her latest effort at the end of March for causing another horse to unseat its rider. She only ran on moderately anyway but previously had been looking ready to win. Since then the stable has come into form and with Moon Se Young up today, can be a big factor. (8) CHEONNYEON HAPPY is another who seems to be inching closer to a maiden victory. She ran a close 3rd last time at this distance, beating a couple of these along the way. (1) ACE SHINE and (10) DREAM MONEY are others who can go close.
|Selections||(2) Strong Vulture (7) Kahinah (8) Cheonnyeon Happy (1) Ace Shine|
|Next Best||10, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 7|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(11) GEUMA MAJESTY enters having finished as beaten favourite in both his latest two outings. He hasn’t run badly on either occasion and while he’ll have to overcome a wide draw again, the opposition today is not intimidating and he’s worth another chance on top. (3) CAMP BADA came home 4th but less than a length in arrears of the winner at this distance on March 31st. From gate 3 she’s nicely drawn to get to the lead and can go even closer today. (4) ROAD WOMAN returned from almost four months off to run a good 2nd first-up on April 6th over 1000M. She’s run well at this distance in the past and is in the frame here. (1) YAHO M J CAT and (2) NEOSEONG BYOKRYOK are others worth considering.
|Selections||(11) Geuma Majesty (3) Camp Bada (4) Road Woman (1) Yaho M J Cat|
|Next Best||2, 10|
|Fast Start||3, 11, 12|
Race 3: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Three-year-old maidens here and it’s one of the three debut-makers who might just be the one to beat. (4) MYEONGWANG certainly caught the eye when making all to win a trail in a fast time at the end of March and if he brings that kind of performance to the track, he’ll take some beating. Plenty of those with experience have shown promise too though. (3) CUPID YEOWANG ran a good 2nd in an all-filly affair a month ago. She’s still learning but looks on the right track and can continue her progress today. (7) HANSEN BLADE was similarly green on debut last month but still did enough for 4th and with improved manners should be closer here. (2) UTGE HAEJULGE and (9) JEONGSANG DREAM also come in following promising runs last time and can come under consideration.
|Selections||(4) Myeongwang (3) Cupid Yeowang (7) Hansen Blade (2) Utge Haejulge|
|Next Best||9, 10|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 7|
Race 4: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Competitive handicap here with a number of the main contenders up in class. (6) RED BLADE may still be a maiden and may be up in class, but he still has every chance of scoring here. He come in following back to back runner-up finishes behind good winners and dropped back to 1200M, can make his breakthrough. (7) BULUI QUEEN is similarly up in class after two runner-up finishes and while she looks to have a little more to find, she should be competitive. (11) HAWK HAENGJINGOK was a winner on debut over 1000M three weeks ago and the increase in both class and trip are things he should be able to handle. Among those who have tackled this level before, (1) NEUL PUREUN CAT, who returned from his latest effort slightly lame, and (4) DANGDAE JILJU, who needs a line drawn through her latest effort, look best.
|Selections||(6) Red Blade (11) Hawk Haengjingok (7) Bului Queen (1) Neul Pureun Cat|
|Next Best||4, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 7, 11|
Race 5: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(3) TOHAMSAN POWER has been consistently close in three starts at this level and comes in following a close at hand 5th in a good race over 1300M last month. He’ll be on pace from the start and can return to the winner’s circle. (1) ILGAKSU actually beat Tohamsan Power back in January and he too is consistent. He stumbled at the start in his latest effort last month, putting him at an immediate disadvantage, so with a cleaner break, should be closer today. (4) UNDEFEATED was scarcely involved over 1300M two weeks ago but drops back in trip for a quick return and should improve here while (5) RULES ICHEON was overmatched in the Sports Seoul Trophy (Classic trial) in March and returns after almost two months off in much more amenable company. (6) WONDERFUL DIXIE is up in class after several near-misses at class 5 and can be competitive.
|Selections||(3) Tohamsan Power (1) Ilgaksu (5) Rules Icheon (4) Undefeated|
|Next Best||6, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 5, 6|
Race 6: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Small field but it’s ultra-competitive with the leading contenders all up in class. (1) CHAMP K was the most impressive of them, quickly finding himself on pace and running on to win well over 1300M on April 7th. He’ll lead again here and can win again. (2) O.K. DAY and (5) WHITE VELVET were also good winners on their respective latest starts, both at today’s distance and they will join Champ K in seeking the early lead and can be dangers throughout. (3) GWANGPOK JUHAENG is the other one up in class. He remains a maiden but while he has plenty to find if he is to win, should have enough about him to compete for a place in this company. It’s going to be tough for the four who have raced at this level before. (4) GOODCHOICE would perhaps be the best of them.
|Selections||(1) Champ K (5) White Velvet (2) O.K. Day (3) Gwangpok Juhaeng|
|Next Best||4, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 5|
Race 7: Class 4 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(3) MALAKAS and (4) HURACAN came home in 4th and 5th place with just a nose separating them when they raced each other at class and distance on April 6th. For both it was an uptick in form and one they can keep going today and this time compete for top honours. Huracan gives away less weight today and is marginally favoured to overturn the form. (1) HENNESSY DANCER also showed a big improvement last start when running 3rd over 1300M. From the inside gate, he can be on pace early and can play a big role. (7) BLUE SPIDER and (11) CHEONGANG SEONG are others in at least the placing frame.
|Selections||(4) Huracan (3) Malakas (1) Hennessy Dancer (11) Cheongang Seong|
|Next Best||7, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 4, 11|
Race 8: Class 5 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Competitive race and we’re going to go with the one making a big step up in trip today, (10) FULL MOON SKY. His solitary victory came over 1000M and he’s never been further than 1300M, but Alan Munro takes the mount for the second time today and it’s possible he can hit the front early and dictate. (11) RAON PRO SENSE will also go forward up front early. He too tackles two-turns for the first time, and it may well suit. The experienced (2) SANGBIGUN comes in having run a class and distance 2nd last start and he should play a role late on once more. (6) KING N I and (9) ASTER are others who can go close.
|Selections||(10) Full Moon Sky (11) Raon Pro Sense (2) Sangbigun (6) King N I|
|Next Best||9, 5|
|Fast Start||10, 11|
Race 9: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(9) SUN OF THUNDER snapped a run of three successive runner-up finishes to get his maiden win over 1300M on March 30th. His reward is that his is straight up in class but despite that and the fact he is taking on an extended trip, he looks to have more development in him and can win again. (4) CHONGAL GACHI is up in class too having won his latest two outings, both at this distance. He’s made all both times and it’s hard to see anything stopping him getting an easy lead here so it’s not impossible he could compete his hat-trick. (6) URI races for just the second time and will possibly appreciate the extended trip. At the other end of the experience scale is (10) HWANGGEUM DEULPAN, down in class and who may appreciate the more amenable company. (7) ACE CANT another in the hunt for the minor money.
|Selections||(9) Sun Of Thunder (4) Chongal Gachi (6) Uri (7) Ace Cant|
|Next Best||10, 3|
Race 10: Class 2 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(1) BLUE WOLF just came up short by a head over 1700M on March 31st having led almost the entire way around. She’s up slightly in trip again to 1800M for the first time, should be on pace again and this time can potentially go one better. (9) KING’S WARRIOR was 5th in that same race, four lengths back and could get closer today while (10) JOEUN INYEON beat four of these on his was to 2nd place – admittedly beaten six-lengths by a good winner – at class and distance on April 6th. That was a big uptick in form but one he could repeat here. (6) YONGCHONG and (8) CONSERVATIVE were two of those behind Joeun Inyeon that day and both can be expected to do better this time.
|Selections||(1) Blue Wolf (9) King’s Warrior (10) Joeun Inyeon (6) Yongchong|
|Next Best||8, 12|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3, 10|
Race 11: Class 3 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(4) HWA GI won his first two starts of this year to get promoted to this level and then beat two of these on his way to 2nd place on his first try at this class and distance on April 6th. He should have come on for that run, should be on pace early, and can win. (8) AMENDA and (10) GOLD HORAH came home 3rd and 4th in that race and while they perhaps have a little less scope for improvement, both should be close again. The biggest danger, however, is likely to be (5) EAGLES GRIFTER. He’s up in class following a six-length win over this distance on April 7th and while he will need to improve against stiffer company, he’ll be challenging for the lead early and a repeat is not impossible. Those four appear superior with (1) WELLBEING JOY potentially next best.
|Selections||(4) Hwa Gi (5) Eagles Grifter (8) Amenda (10) Gold Horah|
|Next Best||1, 9|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 11|