It’s Derby Eve! There are 11 Saturday races at Seoul from 10:45 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(6) SENTOSA has come by far the closest of these and looks set to start as firm favourite here. She’s the only one to hit the board so far and comes u following back to back 4th places in slightly stronger company than this. She may well lead all the way. It’s going to take a big improvement from anything else to beat her. (2) NAE GIRUI BIT has done nothing in six starts so far but did look good in an April trial so may improve while (3) HAENGBOGUI NAEIL has a 4th place to her name and should aim to beat it here. There is one debut-maker and in such a race it would be remiss not to give it a chance and (5) CHEONGSU BIG EAR put in a reasonable showing in a trial two weeks ago.
|Selections||(6) Sentosa (2) Nae Girui Bit (5) Cheongsu Big Ear (3) Haengbogui Naeil|
|Next Best||4, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 6|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(7) ROAD HILL STORM and (2) CHEONNYEONUI BARAM came home 3rd and 5th with less than a length between them when they raced each other at this distance on April 13th. Both come in here looking ready to go close and we’ll side with Cheonnyeonui Baram to overturn that form and get his maiden win. (1) SINBU led early but weakened on her latest start five weeks ago but looked sharp in a subsequent trial and should be on pace from the start here with claims to stay on this time (8) O PI M J and (9) KKAEUCHIM are others with potential for improvement.
|Selections||(2) Cheonnyeonui Baram (7) Road Hill Storm (1) Sinbu (9) Kkaeuchim|
|Next Best||8, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3, 5|
Race 3: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(6) FEDERAL CAT didn’t live up to expectations when well-backed over 1300M n March 30th. He drops back in trip today and can be given another chance with Moon Se Young retaining the mount in what is an inferior contest. (8) LUXURY POWER ran a much improved 4th in a better race than this four weeks ago and can continue to make progress here while (3) KHAN ACE and (4) DAEGUN OK also find themselves in more amenable company today then they have faced so far and can improve. There are two debut-makers and while (7) BEST WOMAN’s trial time wasn’t quick, she ran 2nd in her heat and showed that she knows what she’s supposed to do.
|Selections||(6) Federal Cat (8) Luxury Power (7) Best Woman (3) Khan Ace|
|Next Best||4, 1|
|Fast Start||3, 7, 8|
Race 4: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(1) GOLDEN ANGLE ran a close at hand 2nd on debut at this distance on April 13th having previously caught the eye in trials. He should have come on for that run and is strongly favoured to go one better today. He’ll try to come from behind an early pace that will most likely be set by (2) BAEKSANG, who significantly improved into 2nd place himself on what was his second start last month and who looks like the primary danger here. (3) JEONGJOUI KKUM should be on pace as well and drops back in distance after a decent effort at 1300M three weeks ago. Also dropping back is (10) NUNBIT EUNYAK, who was 3rd on debut at 1300 at the end of March. He’ll have to overcome the widest gate but should be a factor. There are two debut-makers and of the pair, Luigi Riccardi’s (6) DIAVOLA won a trial just last week and can go well first-up here.
|Selections||(1) Golden Angle (2) Baeksang (6) Diavola (10) Nunbit Eunyak|
|Next Best||3, 9|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 9|
Race 5: Class 5 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(8) PLATINUM EURO was a winner on debut over 1300M on March 30th coming from just behind the early leader to run on well. He is up in class and distance here but looks to have potential for more. Despite the wide draw, he could well get a soft lead and is likely to be strong favourite here. Also up in class following a maiden win in (3) MAIN EVENT, however, it took him eighteen attempts to make his breakthrough and he likely has more to find. Instead the biggest danger may be (5) BARAM KING. A class and distance winner already, he was no better than ordinary when 6th in similar conditions last time out but can get closer today. (7) ADELEUI KKUM, with Busan-based Franco Da Silva aboard, looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(8) Platimun Euro (5) Baram King (3) Main Event (7) Adeleui Kkum|
Race 6: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Small but competitive field. (5) HAPPY MAUNTAIN ran 3rd in a good race at class and distance on April 7th. He’s a runner who likes to come form off the pace and so long as he doesn’t leave himself too much to do here, he has solid claims. (4) SUN START and (2) ECHO GOLD come home 2nd and 3rd respectively when they raced each other at class and (more…)