The weekend’s racing gets underway at Busan on Friday with 9 races from 11:30 to 18:00. Note that a number of Busan jockeys are away in Seoul in advance of Sunday’s YTN Cup. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(7) TITLE CODE has shown promise across four starts so far and comes in following two creditable showings in better company than this, both at today’s distance. From gate 7 he should be on pace early and he’s favoured to win here. (2) ECTON SMILE was behind Title Code last time but has previously beaten a few of these and should be looking for a career-best finish here as should (5) DARK TEMPLAR, who steps back up in trip after an encouraging spin around five-furlongs just two weeks ago, running on well, and should go close here. (1) GOLDEN MANE PARIS and (4) SUN MOUNTAIN are others with the potential to improve.
|Selections||(7) Title Code (2) Ecton Smile (5) Dark Templar (4) Sun Mountain|
|Next Best||1, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 7|
Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(2) PERFECT ACE retired from almost nine months out to run a dead-heated 3rd at this distance on March 29th. He’s well drawn to get on pace from the start and should be the one to beat here. (10) TAMNA LIST has been no worse than 4th in three outings so far and looks to have scope for more improvement here. (9) MORNING TAEYANG did nothing wrong when 5th in debut at a mile three weeks ago and can come on for that run back in trip today. (4) CHOEGANG CLEAR hinted at some improvement last start and can maintain that momentum today while (5) DANDI QUEEN struggled at a mile last start but was 3rd on her most recent effort at this distance and can be in the hunt today.
|Selections||(2) Perfect Ace (10) Tamna List (9) Morning Taeyang (5) Dandi Queen|
|Next Best||4, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 8|
Race 3: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(6) USEUNG TICKET has been knocking at the door in recent efforts and comes in following a useful 5th in better company than this a month ago. A second win looks set to arrive sooner or later, and it could be here. This is a competitive race though. (1) EURO SHINHWA also comes in off the back off some positive recent form and was a very close at hand 3rd last time out. He’ll be on pace from the start and is a big danger. So too is (4) HUNTER PARK. He’s still a maiden but drops back in trip following a solid effort over 1200M three weeks ago and while he’s not always the quickest off the mark, should be in contention here. (3) REALLY ONE and (7) GOP DDA are others in the frame.
|Selections||(6) Useung Ticket (1) Euro Shinhwa (4) Hunter Park (3) Really One|
|Next Best||7, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 8|
Race 4: Class 6 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(6) RAON TOWN has a 2nd and a 3rd from just two starts so far, the latter of which was at this distance on April 26th with a couple of these behind him. He’ll most likely be close to the pace from the start here and is the one to beat. (3) ROYAL TICKET was 4th behind Raon Town in that race a month ago and while he has a couple of lengths to find, that continued a run of good form at this distance and it wouldn’t be a huge surprise were he to improve. (1) BORNE MATTA was 5th that day and while he has plenty to find on the other two, he can still beat plenty once more. (2) GRAND JILJU steps back up in trip following two positive showings at 1300M and can be considered, likely after a fast start. (5) YEONGWON CHAMP looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(6) Raon Town (3) Royal Ticket (2) Grand Jilju (1) Borne Matta|
|Next Best||5, 10|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 7|
Race 5: Class 5 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(7) LUCKY NUMBER ONE was just beaten a head at class and distance on May 5th having led for much of the way around. He was favourite that day but should be on pace again and can be given another chance to win. (3) TORNADO KING was 3rd in that race, just over a length in arrears and he looks set to be the principal threat. He remains a maiden but has been getting closer and can close late here. The one-paced (5) BULMYEORUIMARIPGAN finally got his maiden win at the 23rd time of asking last start. His reward is an additional 3kg on his back but while he might not win again, he’ll run on as usual and can pass plenty late. (1) DAEROUI KKUM and (12) GIPPEUM DAY are others in at least the placing hunt.
|Selections||(7) Lucky Number One (3) Tornado King (5) Bulmyeoruimaripgan (12) Gippeum Day|
|Next Best||1, 10|
|Fast Start||2, 7, 10|
Race 6: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(1) EURO GONGJU led for much of the way around on her latest start, ultimately finishing a close at hand 5th. That was a good race and should stand her in good stead for this slightly softer affair. From the inside gate, she can sit handy and finish strongly. (9) (more…)