Racing is back in Seoul and just as it was two weekends ago, a typhoon is on it’s way! This one is expected to bring heavy rain at some stage. There are 13 races at Seoul on Saturday from 10:45 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(4) DAEJI YEOGEOL race four times around the turn of the year with a best finish of 2nd. She’s not been seen since February but looked nice and handy when winning an August trial and she could well return with a win here. (1) NONGBUI SUCHEAHWA has a 4th and a 5th in two starts so far, coming from off the pace both times and should go close here. Those two are the clear stand outs with (5) SEOUL MAGIC, (6) MILKY SHERRY and (8) GOLD FIELD others who could make the places.
|Selections||(4) Daeji Yeogeol (1) Nongbui Sucheahwa (5) Seoul Magic (6) Milky Sherry|
|Next Best||8, 2|
|Fast Start||4, 8, 9|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(7) WHITE COMET comes in off a 3rd and 2nd from his latest two. He led in both of those races and can do the same here, this time staying on for the win. (10) KAIZEN SILVER was slow away last start but rallied to finish 4th behind White Comet and he will be one of the main dangers today. (4) FEDERAL KING drops back in trip after a decent 5th place over 1300M a month ago and should be in the hunt as well. (12) EAGLE EYE was poor last time out and was accordingly sent back to trial. She was much better in re-qualifying and can be taken seriously here. (9) PENUMBRA stumbled at the start on her latest appearance but still ran well for 4th and can aim for a place today.
|Selections||(7) White Comet (4) Federal King (12) Eagle Eye (10) Kaizen Silver|
|Next Best||9, 5|
|Fast Start||1, 7|
Race 3: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maidens here with only two of the twelve having raced before. And one of that pair, (8) STRONG QUEEN, is going to be hot favourite. She’s actually raced twice, running 5th on debut in July before following up with 2nd, just beaten a neck, on her return on August 11th. She should be on pace from the start here and should have far too much. Of the first-timers, (10) HERITAGE looks the pick, having beaten a couple of these when trialling well last month. (7) SINDAERO and (12) WORLD BEYOND also looked useful in their respective heats.
|Selections||(8) Strong Queen (10) Heritage (7) Sindaero (12) World Beyond|
|Next Best||1, 9|
|Fast Start||8, 10, 11, 12|
Race 4: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
More juvenile maidens although this time nine of the twelve have prior racing experience. (11) MASEONG TUHON has raced twice, improving to 2nd in the latest of those. The wide draw shouldn’t be a problem and he can win this. (7) GEUMA FLAWLESS ran 4th behind Maseong Tuhon on his debut on August 10th. He can build on that here and looks the likely pacesetter. (3) RAON LIGHT MAN was a solid 3rd on debut on August 17th and can aim to match that here while (9) RAON FIRST looked similarly competent when debuting himself the same weekend.
|Selections||(11) Maseong Tuhon (7) Geuma Flawless (9) Raon First (3) Raon Light Man|
|Next Best||8, 6|
|Fast Start||4, 6, 7, 9|
Race 5: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
The solitary juvenile here is (11) DETERMINATION and he looks the one to beat having run a good 3rd on debut four weeks ago. He came from well off the pace that day and will perhaps be ridden a touch closer here. (7) SMART GUNHWANG has finished no worse than 4th in three starts so far, a record he should be maintaining today, while (10) HYEONGMA PUBU, who has had an interrupted career, comes in off his best finish to date, running 2nd over this distance on August 10th with a couple of his rivals here back down the track behind him. (2) SAENAE FLASH and (9) KINGLY are others with at least placing chances.
|Selections||(11) Determination (7) Smart Gunhwang (10) Hyeongma Pubu (2) Saenae Flash|
|Next Best||9, 1|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 7|
Race 6: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(7) MENI STAND is up in class having registered her maiden win at the fourth time of asking over this distance on August 11th. She’ll be on pace in this all-filly affair and she can win again. (4) BISANGDEUNG and (6) SOMANGUI TAP are also both up in class following their respective maiden wins with the former of the two looking the more immediately capable of making an impression at this level. (2) RAON HANNIBAL too was a last start winner and should be competitive in this company. Of those with prior experience at this level, (12) GABO PULL QUEEN, a class and distance 3rd last start, looks the best.
|Selections||(7) Meni Stand (12) Gabo Pull Queen (4) Bisangdeung (2) Raon Hannibal|
|Next Best||11, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4, 7|
Race 7: Class 4 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
A full field of twelve previously unraced juvenile imports. Plenty caught the eye in trials with no fewer than six of them winning their heats. (5) J.S. GUNJU was the most eye-catching, taking out a late August trial by a full eight-lengths and he is bound to be among the favourites. The fastest trail winner was (12) S SOCKS. The Kitten’s Joy filly looked very comfortable leading all the way in her heat and while she’s drawn wide, she should be able to overcome it. (2) SPEEDOM, (9) GLOBAL PARTY and (10) GOLDEN SERVICE are other trial winners who have every chance of going well first up. As always in this type of race, the local market may prove the best guide.
|Selections||(12) S Socks (5) J.S. Gunju (2) Speedom (9) Global Party|
|Next Best||10, 3|
|Fast Start||5, 9, 10, 12|
Race 8: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(1) FLYING JOY remains a maiden after twenty-two attempts, but his recent form is good and it wold be no surprise were he to finally make the breakthrough here. (7) GLORY VERN was beaten a nose by Flying Joy when 4th two starts back and followed it up with a 3rd place on his most recent appearance. He should be firmly in the frame here as should (8) LUCKY MIDAS, a close 4th in a similar race last time. (4) MACH TANSAENG and (10) BACK SPIN, the latter up in class following a six-length win last time out, are others to take into consideration.
|Selections||(1) Flying Joy (7) Glory Vern (10) Back Spin (8) Lucky Midas|
|Next Best||4, 11|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 10, 11|
Race 9: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(4) COLORFUL JOY should be hard to beat here. He was slow to begin last time out although he probably wouldn’t have caught an impressive winner but should have too much even for this lively looking field. (1) NALARA HILL and (7) SUHO are both rapidly up in class following back to back victories. Both should be competitive at this level with Nalara Hill perhaps the more dangerous. (3) JACOB returned from seven months out at the end of July with an eye-catching seven-length score on a wet track at this distance and he too can go close. (2) MIGHTY LUCK, another up in class following a last start win, looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(4) Colorful Joy (1) Nalara Hill (3) Jacob (7) Suho|
|Next Best||2, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3, 9|
Race 10: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(2) TAKTUEIN is a winner of two from three so far, taking out her latest two by a combined eleven-lengths. She’s up in class here but should be on pace from the start and really should be winning again. (12) BANJIUI HAMSEONG was a somewhat unexpected winner by a nose at this class over 1300 on August 11th but he looks nicely in here once again and a repeat is not impossible. (4) THANK YOU MOTHER enters off back to back runner-up finishes at 1200M and 1000M respectively and can go close again. (1) RAON PRO SENSE and (3) SEOUL QUEEN are others who can go close.
|Selections||(2 ) Taktuein (12) Banjiui Hamseong (4) Thank You Mother (1) Raon Pro Sense|
|Next Best||3, 11|
|Fast Start||2, 8, 10|
Race 11: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(5) BLUE FIRE remains winless after thirteen attempts but has amassed no fewer than seven runner-up finishes including all of his latest four starts. In those last four, he’s only been favourite on one occasion so he’s not underperforming and today really could be his day. He’ll be on pace from the start. If he does come up short once again, (4) EMORY SOCKS could be the one to take advantage. He ran 4th, a length behind Blue Fire, last start and will come from off the pace here. (2) HANEULEUL DALRIDA has won at this distance before and showed some signs of a return to form with a 2nd place over 1300M last month. (3) STAR PLATINUM and (9) MIGHTY WING are others with pla cing chances.
|Selections||(5) Blue Fire (4) Emory Socks (2) Haneuleul Dalrida (9) Mighty Wing|
|Next Best||3, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 9|
Race 12: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Intriguing debut-maker here in the shape of (10) BYEOLNARA SINSA. The Park Dae Heung/Moon Se Young combination catches the eye and the Race Day colt certainly looked the part when winning an August trial by six-lengths. Expect him to be on the pace and it could well be a winning debut. (2) MUNHAKUI JEONSA will be on speed early too. He was a class and distance winner on his latest start and should go close again here. (11) FINAL ESSENCE returned from five months out to run 4th over 1000M four weeks ago and can build on that here. (1) HIN BYEOL and (3) CANNON SHOOTER are others likely to be in the hunt.
|Selections||(10) Byeolnara Sinsa (2) Munhakui Jeonsa (11) Final Essence (1) Hin Byeol|
|Next Best||3, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 5, 10|
Race 13: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(6) CHARON BLADE ran 3rd when favourite on a wet track over 1200M on August 18th, her first try at this class. Her three wins to date have been at 1000M but she looks ready to tackle this trip and can win today. (8) DAEGUN BULPAE is up in class after a pair of wins over 1300M and the Adios Charlie colt looks like he has more in the tank while (3) CHANGE MAKER has been getting to grips with this level with a 2nd and a 3rd from his latest two and looks ver nicely in here. (10) MALIBU GINGER and (11) DORAON NALRI are others capable of finding the money in this company.
Selections: (6) Charon Blade (8) Daegun Bulpae (3) Change Maker (10) Malibu Ginger
Next Best: 11, 7
Fast Start: 4, 8, 10