There are 12 Saturday races in Seoul from 10:45 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(8) ACE WIN has proven herself capable of running times which are unspectacular, but consistently better than anything she faces here. She ran 2nd last time and while beaten five-lengths, a similar performance may be enough to see her home on top today. (9) CAPTAIN BEST and (4) SPECTOR QUEEN finished 2nd and 4th when they raced each other at this distance on August 24th and the pair of them look to be the main challengers here. The latter of those will be expected to be on pace early along with (2) JOLLY ROGER, who showed improvement last time and can continue to make progress here. (12) GEUM NORAE drops back in trip and may also challenge for a place.
|Selections||(8) Ace Win (9) Captain Best (4) Spector Queen (2) Jolly Roger|
|Next Best||12, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 9, 12|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(11) SONGAM CANDY debuted back in mid-July, missing the break by a full four-lengths but rallying well to run 2nd. He’s had eleven weeks off since then but if he jumps out a bit better today, he looks right in the mix. That mix includes (5) FAMILY PARK, who has a good record in races at least as tough as this one, including a solid 4th place last start. She’s well drawn to lead from the start. (4) WONDERFUL PANGPANG returned from three months off to run a good 3rd on September 1st and can at least match here. (8) WONDERFUL ORANGE similarly can build on a debut 5th in August. (12) COLORS WING didn’t do much in her opening two races but showed demonstrable improvement last time.
|Selections||(11) Songam Candy (4) Wonderful Pangpang (5) Family Park (8) Wonderful Orange|
|Next Best||12, 10|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 12|
Race 3: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(6) K TOP KING, the first foal out of the most expensive racehorse ever imported into Korea, lived up to his billing on debut with a six-length all the way win on August 31st. Naturally, he’s up in class here and he will need to go faster to win this. He should be capable of that though and he is the pick. (2) MENI CHAMP is also up in class following his maiden win, which came at the second time of asking, on August 17th. He’ll be on pace too and also has potential for improvement. Joining what could be a pretty hot contest in the early stages is (3) YULONG FLYING. A five-length winner over the distance last start, he too is up in class. As for those with experience at this level, (4) SAMAE JILJU and (10) MIRACLE HOPE look to be the best.
|Selections||(6) K Top King (2) Meni Champ (3) Yulong Flying (4) Samae Jilju|
|Next Best||10, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 4, 6|
Race 4: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(9) WINNER CROWN dead-heated to secure his second career victory on August 10th. He led right until the line that day and while up in class today, has every chance of doing the same in what is not an especially strong race for the level. Trainer Park Jong Kon’s stable has been in very good form this month and he sends out (4) BLACK PUNCH for his second start here. The Palace Malice gelding ran a solid 5th on debut and should have more in the tank here. (5) EOMAMUSI led on his own debut at the end of August, weakening late on for 6th. He should have come on for that and can improve today. (1) GLOBAL BOSS has been on the shelf since his first start almost a year ago but trialled up competently in the summer and could go well first up. (3) VICTORY MAP looks the more likely of the two first-time starters to make an immediate impact.
|Selections||(9) Winner Crown (4) Black Punch (5) Eomamusi (1) Global Boss|
|Next Best||3, 6|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 8, 9|
Race 5: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(2) SLEEP WELL looked wide awake when winning by six-lengths on debut on August 17th. This is a slightly tougher race, but the Maclean’s Music colt has plenty of potential for more development and is the one to beat here. (1) MUNHAK BOSS was just beaten a neck into 2nd having led almost the entire way around on what was his second career start on August 24th. He’ll challenge Sleep Well for the early lead and has claims. (6) BEST GUNHAM ran 5th in that same race and can get closer today while (8) CUPID GUY is already a class and distance winner and is worthy of respect in this company. (10) EAST BAN finished 4th behind Sleep Well on debut and while he does have ten-lengths to make up on the favourite, can improve here.
|Selections||(2) Sleep Well (1) Munhak Boss (8) Cupid Guy (6) Best Gunham|
|Next Best||10, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 6|
Race 6: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Fillies only here. (11) TK DAY was a winner on debut before running 3rd in a valuable (more…)