June gets underway with a 10-race program at Seoul from 10:45 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(8) CLEAN UP TRIO has been knocking on the door for some time and while he was slightly disappointing in a tougher race at this distance last time out, his could be his day to make the breakthrough. There are plenty of others in with a chance though. (3) FIRST THUNDER has looked promising since returning from ten months off in April. He was a solid 5th last start at the distance and can get closer today. (1) WONDERFUL HEELS and (5) FLYING BULLET have also hinted at ability and this is a very good opportunity for them to improve. (6) CHEONJI POKPUNG looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(8) Clean Up Trio (3) First Thunder (5) Flying Bullet (1) Wonderful Heels|
|Next Best||6, 4|
|Fast Start||3, 8|
Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Ryan Curatolo made his Seoul breakthrough last week and the French jockey has an excellent opportunity to add another with (8) STRONG VULTURE, a much-improved 3rd last start. He should be on pace early and can win. (9) YEONGGWANGUI BEAT looks the main danger having finished 3rd on debut over 1200M, running on well. (5) IRON HEART was favourite for her latest start back in March but raced ungenerously throughout ultimately finishing in 5th place. She had shown ability prior to that and if she fixes her manners, she has a real chance. (3) COMPLETE MOTION and (4) JIOBANA are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(8) Strong Vulture (9) Yeonggwangui Beat (5) Iron Heart (4) Jiobana|
|Next Best||3, 6|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 8|
Race 3: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(9) CUPID GUY was a brisk winner at class and distance on April 27th, coming from just off the speed to win by half a length over decent opposition. He carries an extra couple of kilos today but can win again. (11) CHOEGANG STAR is up in class having secured an equally impressive victory at this distance four weeks ago. The Midshipman colt will need to overcome the widest draw but looks to also have potential for more improvement. (3) MUNHAK FIRE enters after back to back 4th place finishes and could go closer here while (5) K.N ACE and first-time starter (6) MOONHAK EKATI are others to keep an eye on.
|Selections||(9) Cupid Guy (11) Choegang Star (5) K.N Ace (3) Munhak Fire|
|Next Best||6, 1|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 7, 11|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Back to maidens here. (2) NAE GIRUI BIT finished off very nicely for 4th over 1000M on May 11th. He steps back up in trip today looking ready to go very nicely from a similarly off the pace run. (1) J N LEE ran 5th that day, half a length behind Nae Girui Bit. That was an uptick in form and while the distance is more of a question for him, he can go close again. (3) RECOVERY TAP has been a little one-paced so far but offered some evidence of improvement which she can maintain here, while (7) MACH CHEONHA too showed promise when stepped up to this distance for the first time three weeks ago.
|Selections||(2) Nae Girui Bit (7) Mach Cheonha (3) Recovery Tap (1) J N Lee|
|Next Best||6, 4|
|Fast Start||3, 6|
Race 5: Class 4 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(12) TOHAMSAN POWER was a very solid winner over 1200M at this class last time out on May 4th. He’s carrying an extra 4kg here and has the widest gate, but both can be overcome, and he can win again. (10) HWANG GEUM SAJA also needs to defy a wide draw and get to the front early but if he can do that, he has a very good chance as his recent form reads well. (3) SENSE JAENGI can have a line drawn through his latest and given another chance today while (1) GOOD CAIRO improved when tried at this trip for the first-time last start and can continue to make progress here. (8) PRETTY ODD BOY looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(12) Tohamsan Power (10) Hwang Geum Saja (1) Good Cairo (3) Sense Jaengi|
|Next Best||8, 6|
|Fast Start||3, 10, 12|
Race 6: Class 5 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Both (1) FEATHER LIGHT and (5) QUEEN OF CAMP have had a number of near-misses across their respective starts. Both have gone well over this distance already and both look to have an excellent chance to finally make the breakthrough here. It’ a toss-up but we’ll go with Feather Light. (2) RAON PRO SENSE has come back into form lately with back to back 3rd place finishes and could take advantage if the favourites fail to fire. (9) MENI SPEED is up in class after three consecutive 3rd places, including one at this distance, and can be competitive. (6) GOLDEN WEDDING looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(1) Feather Light (5) Queen Of Camp (2) Raon Pro Sense (9) Meni Speed|
|Next Best||6, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 5|
Race 7: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(8) DIXIE AGAIN was a six-length winner on debut at this distance before running 3rd on his first attempt at this class on April 28th. Today’s company looks a little bit more amenable and he should be returning to the winner’s circle. (5) TANTAN WINNER beat a couple of these on his way to 3rd on his own first attempt at this level last time out and is set to be the main danger. He’ll be expected to join Dixie Again on pace early and they can battle it out all the way. (1) SEUNGRI LIKE ran 4th behind Tantan Winner last start and can get close today while (4) HANYANG NURI had a hard time on her first class and distance attempt but is worth another chance following seven weeks off. (11) ASTER is best of the rest.
|Selections||(8) Dixie Again (5) Tantan Winner (4) Hanyang Nuri (1) Seungri Like|
|Next Best||11, 6|
|Fast Start||5, 8|
Race 8: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(1) BODEURAM beat four of these on her way to a three-length victory at class and distance on May 5th. She only carries an extra 2kg this time around and is favoured to prevail once more. Of those behind her that day, (3) DONG JAK and (6) DAECHEON ACE look to have the best chance of overturning the form but the principle dangers are perhaps from elsewhere. (2) LUMINESCE is up in class and distance having been a dominant all the way winner over 1300M last start. He’ll be on pace from the start and if he sees out the trip, he can go very close. (5) CUPID DATE also enters with recent form reading well and is likely to come off the pace late on.
|Selections||(1) Bodeuram (2) Luminesce (3) Dong Jak (5) Cupid Date|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 6|
Race 9: Class 2 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(3) SPEED JOY won consecutive races across the turn of the year including one at this class over 1200M. He stepped up to this distance last time and ran 3rd in useful company. He was favourite that day but this time around an apprentice jockey takes 3kg off his back and he looks very much the one to beat. (2) DARK PLAYER was a front-running winner over this distance last start and is accordingly up in class today. He is beautifully weighted and is a real contender. (7) YONGCHONG beat a couple of these on his way to a class and distance 2nd four weeks ago and is should go well again. The wildcard is (1) SPECIAL STONE. A winner of four from nine and only out of the top three on one occasion, she returns for the first time since last October. She trialled up adequately and at anything like her best, she’ll be right in this.
|Selections||(3) Speed Joy (2) Dark Player (7) Yongchong (1) Special Stone|
|Next Best||5, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 2|
Race 10: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(8) DAEGUNUI CHANG us yet to finish any worse than 3rd in five career starts. He comes in having just been taken down late on to finish 2nd over 1400M last start and dropping back to 1200M today, should be hard to beat. (7) EAGLES GRIFTER is a capable type who enters off a runner-up finish behind the useful Hwa Gi last time out. He’ll join Daegunui Chang on pace early and poses a credible threat. (1) PRO HAMSEONG has met trouble in his latest two but looked very good when trialling in May. (3) PUREUN MAE and (9) MUNHAK ARIARI look best of the rest.
|Selections||(8) Daegunui Chang (7) Eagles Grifter (1) Pro Hamseong (9) Munhak Ariari|
|Fast Start||1, 7, 8|