It’s very hot! Saturday racing is at Seoul with 11 races from 14:00 to 21:00:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(4) SONGAM GONGJU has been close in each of her latest three, running a good 2nd over this distance back in May before following up with a 3rd and 4th in two tries at 1200M. She only needs another top-three finish to go up in class and she can exit class 6 with a win here. She’s not a fast-starter but can finish strongly. (7) KAILLUM YEOJE has two 5ths among three efforts so far and can improve here under the in-form Antonio Da Silva, (3) SINBIRYONG and (10) MAX THUNDER also come in having run 5th last time out and can improve too. (8) HWANSANGUI BIT showed progress when running 3rd at this distance last time and while it was a slow time in a slow race, can be a threat here.
|Selections||(4) Songam Gongju (7) Kaillum Yeoje (3) Sinbiryong (10) Max Thunder|
|Next Best||8, 6, 9|
|Fast Start||5, 7, 8, 10|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Eleven previously unraced two-year-olds go here chasing a big prize first-up. Two of them enter having won trials. (6) BAEKSAN MENIQUEEN and (11) MIREU STORM both coming home on top in their heats with front-running performances, with Baeksan Meniqueen the more impressive of the pair. Plenty of others caught the eye too though. The bang-in-form Manoel Nunes partners Simon Foster’s (9) CHOEGANG STAR. The Midshipman colt came 2nd in a fast hear three weeks ago and looks to have solid claims here. Matching his trial time was (1) CHEONSE MANSE. Nunes rode that one too in the heats and he can’t be completely overlooked. Other trial eye-catchers were (2) DEO JOEUN NAEIL and (7) ATHENA V but as ever in this kind of race, be sure to watch the market for clues.
|Selections||(6) Baeksan Meniqueen (9) Choegang Star (2) Deo Joeun Naeil (7) Athena V|
|Next Best||11, 3, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 9, 11|
Race 3: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(8) SAGWARANG was an eye-catching nine-length winner over the distance on her second career start in an all-filly race four weeks ago. Accordingly, she is up in class today but has every chance of making all once more. (1) BLUE ANNA will be a big threat though. She broke her own maiden back in May, beating a couple of these along the way and ran a good 2nd place on her first try at this level on June 23rd. She may not challenge Sagwarang for the early lead, but she has a strong finish. (3) KKEULEOJUNEUN SON has been frustrating but showed she’s not devoid of talent when running 3rd over 1200M last time and interestingly drops back to the minimum distance for the first time on almost exactly one year. She doesn’t look any closer to her maiden win but can challenge for a place again. (5) STRONG LIGHT is never too far away and also looks good for the places while (7) BEST MAID came back into some kind of form with 3rd last start and can compete once more.
|Selections||(8) Sagwarang (1) Blue Anna (3) Kkeuleojuneun Son (5) Strong Light|
|Next Best||7, 6, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 5, 8|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(2) MYEONGJIN MAN has shown steady progress across three starts so far and his 3rd last time at 1200M suggests more to come. He’s up to 1300M for the first time and Manoel Nunes can continue his red-hot July. (10) DAE UNHA has shown ability too in four outings with a best of 3rd and should be the main danger. He returns from a couple of months off and drops back in trip today. (1) GOLD STREET hasn’t been too far away in her recent efforts and ran a useful 4th at the distance last time to enter the placing frame here. (8) DAE CAIN was well back behind Gold Street last start but can be given another chance here.
|Selections||(2) Myeongjin Man (10) Dae Unha (1) Gold Street (8) Dae Cain|
|Next Best||7, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 8, 10|
Race 5: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
It took (4) CHOIN DAEBO three starts to get his maiden win but he obliged handsomely enough over this distance on June 16th. He’s up in class today but strongly in the frame to win again, likely leading from gate to wire. (7) FIORE joins him up in class having run 2nd to him last start but clearly has more to find so a greater danger could be (2) LAST CONCERT, who ran well for 4th at class and distance three weeks ago and can get closer here. (1) HANIL MAGIC and (6) WON AGAIN are both a touch inconsistent but are capable of beating plenty of these. (8) MAJJAEBEUN SON went poorly at 1700M last time but this distance should suit more.
|Selections||(4) Choin Daebo (2) Last Concert (7) Fiore (6) Won Again|
|Next Best||1, 8|
|Fast Start||4, 6|
Race 6: Class 5 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
After back to back 2nd places, the latter of which was at class and distance, (5) HWANGGEUM JUMEONI is ready to win here. He should really have won last time but ended up beaten a head by the longest shot on the board but should make no mistake this time. (1) FAST FASHION is up in class after a win at 1300M on June 23rd. He’s raced well at this distance already and can be a factor. (6) KYMA has shown signs of life in his latest two and can continue his progress while (3) BEAUTIFUL ASIA and (4) DAECHEON ACE are others to consider.
|Selections||(5) Hwanggeum Jumeoni (1) Fast Fashion (6) Kyma (4) Daecheon Ace|
|Next Best||3, 8|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 8|
Race 7: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(4) DANCING BLADE is up in class following a seven-length win over 1300M back in May. He’s had nine weeks off since then and steps up in distance too but should be going close for an in-form stable. (9) JUMEOK DOKKI enters off a slightly disappointing but in no way disgraced 5th lace in a good race at 1400M a month ago. He too tries two turns for the first time and can be a factor. (5) CLEAN UP SECRET is already a winner at this distance having scored by three-lengths at it back in May. He then ran a decent 3rd at this class last month and can be involved here. (2) SEOUL EOMJI, another trying the distance for the first tome following a career-best 2nd on his latest effort, and (11) GEUM NOA, 6th behind Clean Up Secret last start, are others to take into consideration for the places.
|Selections||(4) Dancing Blade (9) Jumeok Dokki (5) Clean Up Secret (2) Seoul Eomji|
|Next Best||11, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 6|
Race 8: Class 3 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(1) HIBIKI ran a solid 2nd at this distance on June 10th, his first try at 1800M. He was favourite that day but came up short by a length and a half and the Teruya Yoshida-owned gelding can go one better here, likely being on pace throughout. (4) HONEY BUTTER NINO has plenty of experience at this distance and will be a danger as will (12) NEW WHY FI and (9) YESANGBAEK SEUNG, who came home 2nd and 5th respectively in a similar strength race at 1700M last month. (2) SOBAKANINSAENG and (6) STAR POWER others in at least the placing hunt.
|Selections||(1) Hibiki (4) Honey Butter Nino (9) Yesangbaek Seung (12) New Why Fi|
|Next Best||2, 6, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 10, 12|
Race 9: Class 2 (2000M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(8) BEONGAE FIGHTER ran out a nine-length winner at this class over 1900M on June 16th. It was just his second career win, but it had been coming after a number of very solid performances and while he carries and additional 3.5kg today and goes an extra half furlong, he can win again. (3) HWAGANG also enters with recent form reading well and steps up to this distance for the first time while (2) SINGIPARANG actually beat Beongae Fighter at this distance back in April. Both can be dangers today. (1) MAJUNGMUL enters having finished 2nd to the very good Tour Rose in a valuable Trophy race last month and can’t be ruled out either.
|Selections||(8) Beongae Fighter (3) Hwagang (2) Singiparang (1) Majungmul|
|Next Best||5, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 7|
Race 10: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(2) FOREVER WINNER is up in class after a good win over 1300M on June 23rd. She’s never been worse than 5th and while she is dropped back slightly in trip today, she can win again. (12) HANSEN GLORY is similarly up in class. He ran out a seven-length winner on her return from six months off over 1000M in June. He’s up in distance for the first time and can go close. (6) NEW HIGH TIME and (10) GOLD LEG have both won at this class recently and while both struggled in their latest outings, can be given another chance today. (9) WINNING WIN beat a couple of these on his way to 4th place at class and distance on June 24th and can at least match today.
|Selections||(2) Forever Winner (10) Gold Leg (12) Hansen Glory (9) Winning Win|
|Next Best||6, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 6, 12|
Race 11: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(6) BLACK MUSIC was a winner at this class over 1300M on June 10th and while he carries an additional 4.5kf today, has every chance of following up, likely leading from the gate. It won’t be easy though and he’ll be joined on the early speed by (5) WOMAN VOLT, who can be given another chance following a hard time in a tough race at 1000M four weeks ago. She’s already registered a 2nd place at the distance in arguably a stiffer contest than this. (11) HAENAEMA has proven competitive in this kind of company and can aim to at least match his career-best 3rd while (2) KILIUI PYEOBEOM and (7) MR. TURNER have both shown glimpses of ability and can improve here.
|Selections||(5) Woman Volt (6) Black Music (11) Haenaema (7) Mr. Turner|
|Next Best||2, 10|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 6|