It’s a big day of racing in Korea on Sunday with 11 races at Seoul from 10:45 to 18:00 while at Busan there are 6 races from 12:40 to 17:05. Here are the previews:
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(9) LIVINGSTONE has been getting closer across six starts so far and ran well for 2nd last time out behind a good winner. He can get off to a fast start from the outside gate here and is very much the one to beat. (3) SEUNGRI LIKE has also shown improvement across his latest two and should be the main danger. (1) SCARLET PERFECT and (4) ULTRA MISSILE both have a 3rd in their records although both have put in two disappointing showings since, but they could improve. (7) CHANGSEONG HERO sneaks into the top picks by virtue of the jockey booking.
|Selections||(9) Livingstone (3) Seungri Like (4) Ultra Missile (1) Scarlet Perfect|
|Next Best||5, 2|
|Fast Start||4, 9|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Small field but nice and competitive. (1) GWACHEON HERO stepped up to this trip for the first time on June 3rd and ran a solid 3rd place, finishing off well and could go two better this time. (4) MACH SEUNGNI also enters off the back of two good showings at 1300M and 1200M respectively and should be a factor. (5) DAEMYEONG SOLAR moves up to this distance for the first time and it may suit a little better than the 1000M she’s run at before. (7) WHITE FLOWER offered few clues on debut four weeks ago and could improve here. (3) GREEN TEA drops back in distance after some reasonable performances at 1700M and can be a factor.
|Selections||(1) Gwacheon Hero (4) Mach Seungni (7) White Flower (3) Green Tea|
Seoul Race 3: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(4) JUNGLE BEAT is yet to win but has been no worse than 3rd across four starts to date and was a good 2nd to the promising Hansen Glory on his first try at this class last time with a couple of the others here well back behind him. Today really should be his day. (3) CHODONG RACE made all to win at class and distance on June 9th. That was his maiden win at the tenth time of asking and a repeat isn’t out of the question. (6) HI EUREKA was 3rd that day and can get close once more. (1) JEONSEOLUI MANYEO and (5) MJ JILJU look best of the rest.
|Selections||(4) Jungle Beat (3) Chodong Race (1) Jeonseolui Manyeo (5) MJ Jilju|
|Next Best||6, 2|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 5|
Seoul Race 4: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(7) GARA GARA GA was 2nd on his first try at this class back at the end of April and returns here after a couple of months off with strong claims of going one better today. He’ll face a stern challenge from (2) STAR PERFECT, also a class and distance 2nd last start four weeks ago. She remains a maiden after twenty-four attempts but has come close on plenty of occasions and a win isn’t impossible here. Also a maiden after even more attempts, (5) GONSEOL comes in with recent form reading well and could go close while (1) SAEBYEOCK JANGGUN and (6) DUSON WANGJA have chances to improve on indifferent latest efforts – Duson Wangja especially, has already come close in a similar race at the end of May.
|Selections||(7) Gara Gara Ga (6) Duson Wangja (2) Star Perfect (5) Gonseol|
|Next Best||1, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 2|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(9) SPECIAL GOLD is up in class having secured her maiden win at this distance last time out, coming from off the pace to run on well. She won’t need to improve too much to be very competitive here. (2) MAY PRINCE got promoted to this level while still a maiden but proved he’s equal to it with a good 3rd on June 9th. He steps up to 1300M for the first time today and can get close again. (8) OPI RIVER was 4th on his first effort at class and distance three weeks ago and can build on that today while (7) DONGSEO GADEUK enters off the back of consecutive 4th place finishes and can aim to at least match here. (5) BAEKSAN YEOWANG has been a touch unlucky in recent outings and can be considered for improvement.
|Selections||(9) Special Gold (2) May Prince (7) Dongseo Gadeuk (5) Baeksan Yeowang|
|Next Best||8, 4|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 4|
Busan Race 2: Class 5 (1000M0 Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(4) USEUNG HWANHO has run 2nd in both his tries at this class so far and returns to action after just over two months off. He looked very quick in a trial two weeks ago and looks the one to beat in this useful looking handicap. (5) RISING DERBY finally returns after just over a year on the side-lines. He had shown talent in four outings before his long layoff and impressed when trialling up only last week. So long as he didn’t leave his race in that morning heat, he can be taken seriously here. (6) DONGNAM DAEBAK raced just two weeks ago, registering a strong 3rd at class and distance. That was an improvement on recent form and he can keep it going here. (7) GOLDEN KNIGHT and (8) SMART MARINE others who can be involved.
|Selections||(4) Useung Hwanho (6) Dongnam Daebak (8) Smart Marine (7) Golden Knight|
|Next Best||5, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 5, 7|
Seoul Race 6: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(7) TRIPLE HAPPY was a winner on debut in January and while his first try at this level over 1300M in March didn’t go well, he dropped back to 1000M at the end of May and did much better in 3rd, running on well after a slow start. Tried at 1200M today, he has solid claims. (1) SIMON FRUIT was 2nd over 1000M on June 9th and should be in the hunt here while (5) RISING SOCKS was disappointing on her first attempt at this level the same day but is well worth another chance here. (2) MONKEY SOCKS, finds himself up in class following three 3rd place finishes and while he will probably find one or two too quick at this level too, can get close. (8) I B S MAN didn’t go well last start but is another who can get another chance at the places here.
|Selections||(7) Triple Happy (1) Simon Fruit (2) Monkey Socks (5) Rising Socks|
|Next Best||8, 6|
|Fast Start||2, 9|
Busan Race 3: Class 5 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
A winner on debut at this distance at the end of April, (8) JEONGSU SIDAE could only manage 4th when favourite at this class on June 3rd. He was beaten by some good horses that day though and has every chance of returning to winning ways here, most likely trying to lead from gate to wire. He’ll be challenged for the lead by the main danger, (1) ACE FORCE. He beat (11) EOMJI CHEOK as they came home 3rd and 4th when they raced each other at class and distance a month ago. He’s already a class and distance winner and can repeat. (4) DAEHO MYEONGGA was a winner at the distance at class 6 and comes in following three promising runs at this level and can at least place. (2) CHIEF LEADER and the up in class (10) JAESAENGMYEONGNI are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(8) Jeongsu Sidae (1) Ace Force (11) Eomji Cheok (4) Daeho Myeongga|
|Next Best||6, 2, 7, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 5, 8|
Seoul Race 7: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
There were fourteen months between (7) GLOBAL QUEEN’s debut and her reappearance in March this year but she’s been in fine touch since returning with a win and a pair of 2nd place finishes from three starts. That latest 2nd was over 1200M when she just weakened a little late on and dropped back to 1000M today, she is the one to beat. (12) MALIBU GINGER had six months between his own first and second outings and he was improved on return at the end of May, racing 3rd at the distance and can build on that here. (5) YEOKJEONUI SUNGAN comes in also having run a solid 3rd last time and is another who can threaten. (1) FLYING BOSS and (9) WHANGHORAN JILJU are others in the frame.
|Selections||(7) Global Queen (12) Malibu Ginger (1) Flying Boss (5) Yeokjeonui Sungan|
|Next Best||9, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 7|
Busan Race 4: Class 3 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(2) GIOI BLADE is three for three and is up in class here with every chance of making it four in a row It’s his first try at this distance too but he should be out of the gate quickly and can lead all the way. (4) SINUIPUMGYEOK and (3) BAEDARI HANI came home 3rd and 5th when they raced each other at class and distance on June 3rd and both can push the favourite here, with Baedari Hani likely to challenge him for the early lead. (5) GASOK CHAMPION has won three from eight so far and can be given another chance following a disappointing effort at 1200M last time out. The experienced (1) YEONGGWANGUISINHWA is also in reasonable form at the moment and could find the places.
|Selections||(2) Gioi Blade (4) Sinuipungyeok (3) Baedari Hani (1) Yeonggwanguisinhwa|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 5|
Seoul Race 8: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(2) SUPER TRICK ran out a class and distance winner on June 17th, making all, and while even with an apprentice jockey on he carries an additional 3kg today, he has solid claims of a repeat over this small field. He will most likely try to repeat and lead all the way. (1) MIGHTY MAMBO will be a danger, stepping back up to 1700M after a good 2nd place at 1400M last start while (4) ECTON SINHWA also returns to two-turns after running 2nd at 1200M a month ago. (6) GIDONG DAEJANG races for the first time since he and Super Trick finished 4th and 5th at this distance on May and can go better today while (7) EORIN WANGJA could improve.
|Selections||(2) Super Trick (1) Mighty Mambo (4) Ecton Sinhwa (6) Gidong Daejang|
|Next Best||7, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 7|
Busan Race 5: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(11) CALL UP THE GUARD has shown progression across three starts to date culminating in victory over this distance on June 1st. He’s up in class today but looks to have further scope for improvement and could well be competitive here. It won’t be easy though. (7) AWESOME DOLL beat (4) SANDIEGO MARINE as the pair came home 1st and 2nd at class and distance on June 1st. Both should be in the frame today with Sandiego Marine having every chance of overturning that form. (3) KASBAH PRINCE finished ahead of Sandiego Marine when they race in May and followed up with a solid 4th at 1400M three weeks ago. He’ll go to the early speed and could well beat them all. (1) MALIBU MILLION returns for the first time since January and could make for an interesting outsider.
|Selections||(11) Call Up The Guard (3) Kasbah Prince (4) Sandiego Marine|
|Next Best||1, 7, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 6, 7|
Seoul Race 9: Class 3 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(8) NONGBON DAERO’s five-race winning streak came to an end on his first try at this level on June 10th when he ran 3rd at this distance. He wasn’t able to get on the early pace in the manner he had when winning twice previously at 1700M but can do so today and is worth another chance. (4) YONGCHONG was a somewhat surprising winner at class and distance on June 3rd, beating (2) YES YOU CAN into 2nd place. Both should be dangers here with Yes You Can having every chance of overturning that form. (5) STEPHANO enters having been 3rd at 1700M in May and can at least match that today while (7) CLEAN UP TEUKGEUP was last seen beating just two home in the Korean Derby in May. The time before that, however, he was a four-length winner at class 4 over 1700M and should be in at least the placing hunt here.
|Selections||(8) Nongbon Daero (2) Yes You Can (7) Clean Up Teukgeup (5) Stephano|
|Next Best||4, 6|
|Fast Start||4, 8|
Busan Race 6: Class 1 (2000M) Handicap / KRW 110 Million
Class 1 but only up to a maximum rating of 110 so the very top stars aren’t here. That leaves (7) DYNAMIC DASH, a two-and-a-half length winner over this distance on May 27th as the likely favourite. He carries a bit of extra weight today but if he’s in the hunt in the home straight, could well finish the strongest once more. (6) CAPTAIN FORCE was impressive in back to back wins over 1400M and 1600M in April and May to the extent that he was given his chance in the Minister’s Cup, the final leg of the Triple Crown, in Seoul last month. He finished 5th of 10 but ran on nicely and is beautifully weighted here. He has a big chance. (1) DORAON HYEONPYO returns for the first time in almost a year. The last time he raced, he was 3rd behind only Power Blade and Triple Nine and if he is fit, he must be a contender. He trialled up well in May. (9) BEOLMAUI SIN and (10) STEALTH are others in the hunt in a nicely competitive contest.
|Selections||(6) Captain Force (7) Dynamic Dash (1) Doraon Hyeonpyo (10) Stealth|
|Next Best||9, 3|
|Fast Start||6, 8, 11|
Seoul Race 10: Class 1 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 110 Million
(7) NEW CITADEL was 2nd to Cheongdam Dokki in last year’s KRA Cup Classic and races for the first time since getting the best of a tight three-way finish to a class 1 handicap in January. He trialled up in mid-June in reasonable fashion and while he does probably need to put a string of runs together, he has the talent to win this. (1) SHAMROCKER, who has spent most of the year chasing Cheongdom Dokki is the main danger. He and (4) WONDER BOLT came home 3rd and 4th in the YTN Cup over this distance at the end of May and both should be dangers today. (5) TOUR ROSE is up in class having won her latest two, both at this distance and carries a very light weight while (6) SPECIAL RUNNER also slips up in class here having come too close in his latest three and could make for an interesting outsider.
|Selections||(7) New Citadel (1) Shamrocker (4) Wonder Bolt (5) Tour Rose|
|Next Best||6, 8|
|Fast Start||3, 5|
Seoul Race 11: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
A class and distance winner in May, (6) THUNDER MARINE was a solid 3rd over 1300M a month ago and is nicely drawn to get on pace here and potentially lead all the way. It’s a very competitive finale though. (4) PENETRO is up in class after a three-length score at this distance on May 27th and can be dangerous. So too can (9) GEUMA THUNDER, an eye-catching five-length winner on June 9th and also up in class. She’ll be challenging Thunder Marine for the early lead. (1) JURINGHEOU made all for a somewhat unexpected class and distance win on June 2nd and can be given a little more respect today. (2) BEST CAMP comes in after two solid performances in her latest two outings and can go close again.
|Selections||(6) Thunder Marine (9) Geuma Thunder (4) Penetro (2) Best Camp|
|Next Best||1, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 7, 9|