Korean racing’s summer schedule begins at Busan on Friday where there are 10 races from 14:30 to 21:00.
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
It took (4) FASHION OF MARINE a long time to get to the track having initially qualified at the beginning of last summer but when he finally made it two weeks ago, he ran well finishing 3rd at this distance having led for part of the race. He can have learned a bit from that and with some more progress today, he can win. He’ll try to lead from the gate and will be challenged by (3) GIPPEUM SARANG. She’s much more experienced and has been getting closer in her latest three starts, running 2nd to the promising Ihyen last time on June 1st and she’ll be a danger here. (1) EUTTEUM CHAMP was further back in that race but can get closer today while. There are two debut-makers and of the pair, (5) CAR TWO looked like he knew what he was doing in trials and can put in a positive showing first-up here.
|Selections||(4) Fashion Of Marine (3) Gippeum Sarang (5) Car Two (1) Eutteum Champ|
|Next Best||8, 7|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 5, 8|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Unraced two-year-olds competing for boosted prize money here and plenty of potential among them. No fewer than five won their latest trial and the most likely first-up here come from the top two stables at the track. Kim Young Kwan’s (4) GLITTER and Peter Wolsley’s (8) UNION QUEEN both looked competent and comfortably won their heats. Union Queen is likely to go to the front from the gate while Glitter will settle further back, and both should be involved in the finish here. (2) DAEJI CHAMP is also likely to be on the early speed having done the same when winning his heat in a fast time at the start of last month. (3) TOUGH GREEN and (5) WONDERFUL IJI are the other two who enter after doing everything asked of them in trials and both can have claims on some prize-money here.
|Selections||(8) Union Queen (4) Glitter (2) Daeji Champ (5) Wonderful Iji|
|Next Best||3, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 7, 8|
Race 3: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(4) I’M YOUR STAR ran an improved 2nd at this distance on June 1st. He’d shown some ability prior to that but it was a break-out performance in similar strength company to today and he looks to be the one to beat. (5) HUNTER PARK beat a couple of these on his way to a 2nd place finish of his own three weeks ago over 1000M. It was just his third start and he previously ran well at 1300M. His stable is in form and he should get close. (2) WINNER CINDY is another one who looks to be figuring things out. She led for much of her latest effort at the distance a month ago only to end up in 3rd place and she can at least match that today. (7) BICHUI HAENGJIN hasn’t offered too many clues in two outings to date but ay appreciate the additional distance here. (11) HWANGJE BONSAEK weakened a little late on last time over 1300M and can get closer dropped slightly back in trip today.
|Selections||(4) I’m Your Star (5) Hunter Park (2) Winner Cindy (11) Hwangje Bonsaek|
|Next Best||7, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 11|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(5) CHEONGDAM BLADE has a 4th and a 3rd from his two starts so far both times running on well but left with a bit too much to day. He’s up slightly in trip today and that may be what he needs to see him home on top for the first time. (1) TEXAS SIDAE has been getting closer across his five outings to date and comes in after back to back 3rd place finishes and should be aiming to at least match those here. (7) WONDERFUL STORY ran a decent 3rd at the distance three weeks ago. That was his first start since January and he can show some more progression here. (4) CHOEGANG STEALTH has been a touch one-paced over his twelve prior efforts but he s never too far away and should have the beating of plenty of these. (10) SWEEP MAN also seems to be finding some consistency and can go close.
|Selections||(5) Cheongdam Blade (1) Texas Sidae (7) Wonderful Story (4) Choegang Stealth|
|Next Best||10, 2|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 10|
Race 5: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(7) RACHEL was a class and distance winner on June 10th, making all and holding on to score by a nose. The competition today looks slightly stiffer, but a repeat isn’t impossible. (2) NURI ACHIM also come sin off the back of a victory and while he perhaps has a bit more to find, he’s not without a hope on what is a first Busan ride for apprentice jockey Jeong Hyeong Lae. (8) TAGONAN JILJU remains a maiden after seven attempts but has three 2nd places and a 3rd to his name. He was a touch disappointing in 4th last start but can go closer today. (9) SWEET MEMORY has been no worse than 4th in four attempts at this level since securing her maiden win in March. She’ll be looking to come right round the field to lead here and if she can manage that, she can win. (3) NOPIGOM NAREUSYA and (6) BLUE DANCER are others in at least the placing frame.
|Selections||(8) Tagonan Jilju (9) Sweet Memory (7) Rachel (2) Nuri Achim|
|Next Best||3, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 7, 9|
Race 6: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(3) SINGAEBYEOK was favourite for his latest start at class and distance on June 8th but had to settle for 2nd place for the third time in his five-race career. He didn’t get the smoothest of trips that day and still only went down by a neck and he’s favoured to finally get it right this time. If he comes up short again though, there are plenty who can take advantage. (9) MAGIC STREET is up in class having won over 1200M at the end of May. He’ll be on pace here and looks to have potential for more development. (10) WHIPLASH MARINE was a winner over this distance back in May. She stepped up to a mile for her first try at this class five weeks ago but could only manage 5th after weakening late on. Back in trip today, she’ll be more dangerous. (6) ROYAL GOLD was a winner on debut back in February and has subsequently acquitted himself adequately in three goes at this class and he can get close here. (4) TRINITY is one start into a comeback following six months out and can improve today.
|Selections||(3) Singaebyeok (9) Magic Street (10) Whiplash Marine (6) Royal Gold|
|Next Best||4, 2|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 9, 10|
Race 7: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(3) CHEONYEONUITAEYANG got his maiden win with an eye-catching eight-length score over 1200M three weeks ago. He’s up in class and slightly in distance but the manner of that win means he must be taken seriously here, He’s well drawn to lead again and can go all the way. (5) DAMYANG GONGJU is up in class too having been narrowly defeated in a decent race at this distance a month ago and she looks very nicely in here with good claims. (4) VEGA ONE has plenty of experience at this level already and enters with recent form reading well in arguable stiffer company than this. (2) JOYFUL STORY and (9) OHO DAEJANGGUN were both beaten by Vega One last time out, but both can improve today.
|Selections||(3) Cheonyeonuitaeyang (5) Damyang Gongju (4) Vega One (2) Joyful Story|
|Next Best||9, 1|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3|
Race 8: Class 4 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(3) LUCKY KOREA has two wins from five starts, has never been worse than 3rd, and is very much the one to beat here. She’ll be expected to lead from gate to wire. The only question mark is that it is her first try at a mile and while she should be able to cope with it, a couple of others are already proven. (6) U S MAN won at this distance back last December and races for the first time since running 3rd over 1400M in March. He can be competitive. (2) DELMARUI GIJEOK remains a maiden after seventeen starts but – a disappointing showing last time aside – has put together some positive performances in recent efforts and can get close. (4) BAEDARI SAMCHEONGSA and (7) PASSION D’OR are others for whom making it into a place is not impossible.
|Selections||(3) Lucky Korea (2) Delmarui Gijeok (6) U S Man (7) Passion D’Or|
|Fast Start||3, 6|
Race 9: Class 3 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(1) WHINNY WING has won his latest three starts and four from six in total to get promoted to this level. He made all last time over 1200M and steps up considerably in trip for his first attempt at class 3. This won’t be easy but it’s not impossible. He’ll likely get an uncontested early lead and then the question is whether he will stay on or not. (3) ACEUI SEONMUL was disappointing last start when well backed over 1400M. She’s back up in trip today to a distance she’s run well at before and she has a chance. (4) PARK MAN drops back slightly in trip following some decent performances over 1800M and should be in the hunt. (5) MR. SPENDING and (6) SSI F STAR others who could look for the places.
|Selections||(1) Whinny Wing (3) Aceui Seonmul (4) Park Man (6) Ssi F Star|
|Next Best||5, 2|
Race 10: Class 2 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(8) KING OF GLORY won three races in a row between January and April in useful company to rapidly propel him up the classes. He was taken lame after the latest of those and so runs for the first time in twelve weeks, but he looked very sharp when winning a June trial and has to be taken seriously here. (2) UJU STAR was a class and distance winner last time on May 25th leading all the way for a narrow victory. He’ll be on speed again and can repeat. (3) GABOGAPJJANG was slow to begin but rallied to defeat four of these on his way to 3rd place at 1200M on June 8th. With a better start, he can get even closer this time. (7) TAEYANGUI SINHWA, a stablemate of Uju Star, was one of those behind Gabogapjjang that day. He ran again just two weeks ago and was once more slightly indifferent but can improve here. (6) TOUGH COUNTRY is a touch inconsistent but has lots of experience at this class and can find at least the minor money.
|Selections||(8) King Of Glory (2) Uju Star (3) Gabogapjjang (7) Taeyangui Sinhwa|
|Next Best||6, 1|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 11|