There are 12 Saturday races in Seoul from 10:45 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(8) ACE WIN has proven herself capable of running times which are unspectacular, but consistently better than anything she faces here. She ran 2nd last time and while beaten five-lengths, a similar performance may be enough to see her home on top today. (9) CAPTAIN BEST and (4) SPECTOR QUEEN finished 2nd and 4th when they raced each other at this distance on August 24th and the pair of them look to be the main challengers here. The latter of those will be expected to be on pace early along with (2) JOLLY ROGER, who showed improvement last time and can continue to make progress here. (12) GEUM NORAE drops back in trip and may also challenge for a place.
|Selections||(8) Ace Win (9) Captain Best (4) Spector Queen (2) Jolly Roger|
|Next Best||12, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 9, 12|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(11) SONGAM CANDY debuted back in mid-July, missing the break by a full four-lengths but rallying well to run 2nd. He’s had eleven weeks off since then but if he jumps out a bit better today, he looks right in the mix. That mix includes (5) FAMILY PARK, who has a good record in races at least as tough as this one, including a solid 4th place last start. She’s well drawn to lead from the start. (4) WONDERFUL PANGPANG returned from three months off to run a good 3rd on September 1st and can at least match here. (8) WONDERFUL ORANGE similarly can build on a debut 5th in August. (12) COLORS WING didn’t do much in her opening two races but showed demonstrable improvement last time.
|Selections||(11) Songam Candy (4) Wonderful Pangpang (5) Family Park (8) Wonderful Orange|
|Next Best||12, 10|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 12|
Race 3: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(6) K TOP KING, the first foal out of the most expensive racehorse ever imported into Korea, lived up to his billing on debut with a six-length all the way win on August 31st. Naturally, he’s up in class here and he will need to go faster to win this. He should be capable of that though and he is the pick. (2) MENI CHAMP is also up in class following his maiden win, which came at the second time of asking, on August 17th. He’ll be on pace too and also has potential for improvement. Joining what could be a pretty hot contest in the early stages is (3) YULONG FLYING. A five-length winner over the distance last start, he too is up in class. As for those with experience at this level, (4) SAMAE JILJU and (10) MIRACLE HOPE look to be the best.
|Selections||(6) K Top King (2) Meni Champ (3) Yulong Flying (4) Samae Jilju|
|Next Best||10, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 4, 6|
Race 4: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(9) WINNER CROWN dead-heated to secure his second career victory on August 10th. He led right until the line that day and while up in class today, has every chance of doing the same in what is not an especially strong race for the level. Trainer Park Jong Kon’s stable has been in very good form this month and he sends out (4) BLACK PUNCH for his second start here. The Palace Malice gelding ran a solid 5th on debut and should have more in the tank here. (5) EOMAMUSI led on his own debut at the end of August, weakening late on for 6th. He should have come on for that and can improve today. (1) GLOBAL BOSS has been on the shelf since his first start almost a year ago but trialled up competently in the summer and could go well first up. (3) VICTORY MAP looks the more likely of the two first-time starters to make an immediate impact.
|Selections||(9) Winner Crown (4) Black Punch (5) Eomamusi (1) Global Boss|
|Next Best||3, 6|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 8, 9|
Race 5: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(2) SLEEP WELL looked wide awake when winning by six-lengths on debut on August 17th. This is a slightly tougher race, but the Maclean’s Music colt has plenty of potential for more development and is the one to beat here. (1) MUNHAK BOSS was just beaten a neck into 2nd having led almost the entire way around on what was his second career start on August 24th. He’ll challenge Sleep Well for the early lead and has claims. (6) BEST GUNHAM ran 5th in that same race and can get closer today while (8) CUPID GUY is already a class and distance winner and is worthy of respect in this company. (10) EAST BAN finished 4th behind Sleep Well on debut and while he does have ten-lengths to make up on the favourite, can improve here.
|Selections||(2) Sleep Well (1) Munhak Boss (8) Cupid Guy (6) Best Gunham|
|Next Best||10, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 6|
Race 6: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Fillies only here. (11) TK DAY was a winner on debut before running 3rd in a valuable juvenile race in August. She’s drawn wide here but should have enough about her to get on pace and is the one to beat. (5) SOLGAEBARAM got her maiden win in July before finishing 2ndon her first try at this class on August 25th. She’ll come from off the pace and can be a danger late on. (12) TIZ ROSE was an eye-catching winner over the distance a month ago. She’s up in class today but should be competitive in this company. (3) INDY LADY and (9) GEOM HONG are others to take into consideration.
|Selections||(11) TK Day (12) Tiz Rose (5) Solgaebaram (9) Geom Hong|
|Next Best||3, 10, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 11, 12|
Race 7: Class 4 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(2) TANTAN WINNER is up in class after one too many near-misses at class 5 and while he didn’t win at that level (his maiden win was at class 6), he’s shown enough aptitude at this distance to suggest he’s right in this. (3) RAON STELLA beat Tantan Winner a couple of starts back and has to be taken seriously although stiffer tests may be presented by (4) GANGSEO EUTTEUM, a good 2nd over 1300M last start, and (8) CLEAN FLOWER, who has a lot of experience at this level and ran a solid class and distance 4th on August 18th. (5) RAON KHAN another in the hunt.
|Selections||(2) Tantan Winner (4) Gangseo Eutteum (3) Raon Stella (8) Clean Flower|
|Next Best||5, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 11|
Race 8: Class 4 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(7) MOONHAK EKATI’s maiden win had been coming and it arrived on August 24th over 1300M. He’s up in distance to tackle two turns for the first time today but his running style tends to suggest that it will suit, and he can come from behind the early speed to win here. (10) WINNER MOUNTAIN certainly likes this distance having won both his attempts at it so far. Those back to back victories mean he is rapidly up in class, but he looks nicely in here and three in a row isn’t out of the question. (8) DAEGUN ILGAL has put in two very promising runs since returning from six months off and he can at least match the 3rd he got last time out five weeks ago. (1) MUSTANG RUN and (9) MAENGJU look best of the rest.
|Selections||(7) Moonhak Ekati (10) Winner Mountain (8) Daegun Ilgal (1) Mustang Run|
|Next Best||9, 2|
|Fast Start||3, 9, 10|
Race 9: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(1) TANGO TIME is two for two and up in class having made an impressive start to his career. He’s up in distance as well and is going to have to improve if he is to beat likely favourite (7) WONDERFUL DIXIE. The latter returns from three months off and was last seen winning over 1000M at this class in a fast time. Both have plenty of talent and it should be a good tussle. Others have chances as well. (10) MONEY POCKET was a good and improved 2nd place over 1200M on August 24th. (6) RULES ICHEON ran 3rd in the same race two-lengths back and both should be competitive here. (12) NEUL PUREUN CAT, up in class after a couple of very good showings, including a win, from his last two starts, is another who can go close.
|Selections||(1) Tango Time (7) Wonderful Dixie (10) Money Pocket (12) Neul Pureun Cat|
|Next Best||6, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 8, 9|
Race 10: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(2) DIA ROAD runs for the first time since being beaten into 2nd in the closing stages of the Gyeonggi Governor’s Cup over 2000M in June. Prior to that she was three for three and looked a significant talent. She is well worth another chance here. (3) DIXIE AGAIN is rapidly up in class having won his latest two outings by a combined thirteen lengths. He made all last start over 1300M and while this will undoubtedly be harder, he could still make it three in a row today. (1) BARAMEUL GEURIDA won back to back races in June and July before struggling a little bit on his first try at this level over 1900M in August. Dropped back slightly in distance today, he may be better. (5) JEWANGUI BYEOL and (8) BEST LINE others who look competitive.
|Selections||(2) Dia Road (3) Dixie Again (1) Barameul Geurida (8) Best Line|
|Next Best||5, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3, 8|
Race 11: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(2) GALLOP CURLIN was just beaten a head on his return to racing in July by a good winner, who has gone on to win again. He is carrying a bit more weight today but should able to cope with that and can win here. (10) CHEMI BLUE remains a maiden after twelve starts but comes in off back to back runner-up finishes and is likely to be on pace here with solid claims to finally make the breakthrough. (1) CALL WIN is a maiden too but also comes in with recent form reading very well and shouldn’t be far away. (7) P N S JEFF was a class and distance winner last start in July and can be respected. (8) DADABI best of the rest.
|Selections||(2) Gallop Curlin (10) Chemi Blue (1) Call Win (7) P N S Jeff|
|Next Best||8, 9|
|Fast Start||5, 7, 10|
Race 12: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(6) PENETRO returned to action following seven months off and ran a respectable 5th, beaten by (7) SIN DOLGYEOK, among others. He should reverse that form today and back down at 1200M, could return to the winner’s circle. (10) MUNHAK ARIARI is up in class having won two of his latest three. Despite the wide draw, he’ll be on pace here and should be competitive. (8) TAP FASHIONED enters on a run of being consistently close and it would be a surprise were he too far away again. (1) GOLDEN GATE and (4) PHOENIX SUN are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(6) Penetro (10) Munhak Ariari (8) Tap Fashioned (4) Phoenix Sun|
|Next Best||1, 2|
|Fast Start||4, 10|