After a week off, racing returns to the capital on Saturday with 11-races from 14:25 to 21:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
A maiden to kick things off and a few of them come in off the back of promising performances. (2) SINGSING JANGSU has a 2nd and a 3rd from two starts to date over 1000M and 1200M and the slight step up in trip today may be what he needs to make the breakthrough. He ran through the line well last start and can come from off the pace here. (3) MACH THUNDER was a much improved 2nd last time out on July 13th, beating (7) EAGLE EYE into 3rd. Both of those have claims here. (10) CHEONJI AEGA also took to this distance well on her second career start last month – this is a tougher race, but she should be a factor. (11) PUNGMUNEURO has been plodding around at this level for a long time now but can pick some minor money in this company.
|Selections||(2) Singsing Jangsu (7) Eagle Eye (3) Mach Thunder (10) Cheonji Aega|
|Next Best||11, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4, 5|
Race 2: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
A last start class and distance winner, (11) SUHO carries an extra 3kg today but still looks nicely enough in to follow-up. He’ll have to overcome the widest draw but that’s exactly what he did last time and he can repeat. (10) CHEONJI POKPUNG is up in class having registered his maiden win by a cool five-lengths at this distance a month ago. Today’s company is stiffer but he should be competitive. (4) WIND RIVER had an erratic trip on his first try at this level last month and can improve today while (9) EX BLADE was found to have been lame after his latest disappointing outing back in May. He’s had eleven weeks off since and should go better here. (3) MISSILE CANDY looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(11) Suho (10) Cheonji Pokpung (9) Ex Blade (4) Wind River|
|Next Best||3, 6|
|Fast Start||3, 7, 11|
Race 3: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maidens here with only five of the twelve having raced before. Of those, (5) COMPLETE KINGDOM was by some margin the most impressive, running 2nd at this distance on July 7th, beating two of these in the process. He should be on pace from the start and can lead all the way. (8) MONEY CHAMP was 4th in that race, a full eleven-lengths in arrears but looks to have scope for improvement here. (2) MASEONG TUHON was also 4th on her debut back in June and looks to have some potential too. Among the first time starters, (7) GEUMA FLAWLESS was the most eye-catching in trials and should go well first up. (3) WINNER BLUE also put in a tidy qualification run.
|Selections||(5) Complete Kingdom (2) Maseong Tuhon (7) Geuma Flawless (8) Money Champ|
|Next Best||3, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 5, 7|
Race 4: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(2) WINNER CROWN led almost from gate to wire, ultimately getting nudged into 2nd in a similarly good race on June 22nd. He’s well drawn to get on pace again and this time can lead all the way. He’ll be joined on pace early by main danger (7) JEONGSANG STAR, who is up in class following a five-length maiden score over this distance four weeks ago and looks to have scope for more development. (1) HWARYONG was slow to begin and then raced very ungenerously on his latest appearance behind Winner Crown in June. He got sent back to trial, ultimately having to go through three of them before being cleared for racing again. He won all three of those trials though and if he behaves himself, should go well here. (5) ROYAL SHALOM and (6) MACH TANSAENG are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(2) Winner Crown (7) Jeongsang Star (1) Hwaryong (5) Royal Shalom|
|Fast Start||2, 7|
Race 5: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(2) SAGWARANG returns to action for the first time in just under a year. She was developing into a classy filly before her layoff with two wins from four and looked in good touch when trialing this June. This isn’t the easiest race but she can make a winning comeback today. (7) D K NARIN came close to making all over this distance a month ago, ultimately ending in 2nd and a win looks to be in his near future. (8) CUPID GUY already has a victory to his name and while he was a little bit ordinary on his latest start, can come into consideration. (4) GULCHARMNAMUSUP and (5) PHOENIX WOLF are others who can go close.
|Selections||(2) Sagwarang (7) D K Narin (4) Gulcharmnamusup (8) Cupid Guy|
|Next Best||5, 6|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 9, 12|
Race 6: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(1) NALARA HLL’s maiden win had been coming and she secured it with a six-length victory over this distance on July 7th. She is accordingly up in class today but if she gets to the front early, should have too much. (5) HUIMANG STAR is a twenty-race maiden but has been no worse than 4th in each of her latest five outings and should go close again. (6) TAEPUNG EYES and (7) CHEON GOE SEONG similarly come in with recent form reading well and have placing claims while (2) GLORY VERN looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(1) Nalara Hill (5) Huimang Star (6) Taepung Eyes (7) Cheon Goe Seong|
|Next Best||2, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 7|
Race 7: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Four of these raced each other over class and distance on July 7th with (5) POP STREET coming out the best of them in 2nd place. He’s nicely drawn to get on pace today and should go close again. The worst of the four that day was pre-race favourite (2) SWEETLY HUMOR. He pulled hard in the middle part of the race before offering little at the business end, finishing well back in 6th, however, his previous form makes him worthy of another chance here. (1) SKY STORM was a little bit cold in spring but returned to form with a good 2nd at class and distance on June 2nd. (6) GAL IP and (10) UDAERYUNG are others in with a chance of at least a place.
|Selections||(1) Sky Storm (5) Pop Street (2) Sweetly Humor (6) Gal Ip|
|Next Best||10, 8|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 11|
Race 8: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
A good winner on debut in May, (4) MYEONGWANG ran 2nd on his first try at this class at the very end of June. He did though suffer quite a heavy bump at the start which cost him momentum and if he gets away cleanly this time, could quite easily lead all the way. (5) VALLEY QUEEN was an impressive maiden winner last start and while up in class today, looks to be the main danger. (10) HAE WANG beat three of these on his way to 3rd place at class and distance a month ago. He remains a maiden but looks to have placing chances again here. (1) HIGH BEAT and (6) GEUMBIT YEOLJEONG are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(4) Myeongwang (5) Valley Queen (10) Hae Wang (1) High Beat|
|Next Best||6, 3|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 5, 6|
Race 9: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
After running 4th in her first two outings last autumn, (11) CHODONG BOBAE returned to action in April and has subsequently won three in a row. Her latest victory saw her defeat the talented Dokdo Ya at this class over 1300M a month ago. She carries a little bit more weight today but looks like she has plenty more wins in her. (9) MY SISTER NINA has proved versatile if inconsistent over five outings so far but her good performances have been very good. She just missed out by a nose over 1000M last start and can be a real danger here. (4) MUNHAKUI JEONSA has been solid across four starts to date and should be on pace early with a view to hanging on for a place. (6) AMERICAN FORCE ONE and (12) MANHATTAN MUSIC can also be taken into consideration.
|Selections||(11) Chodong Bobae (9) My Sister Nina (4) Munhakui Jeonsa (12) Manhattan Music|
|Next Best||6, 7|
|Fast Start||4, 7, 11|
Race 10: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(4) MUNHAK TIGER maybe be developing a liking for finishing 2nd, with three runner-up finishes to a solitary win, but it’s the latter column that should be boosted here. From gate 4, he’ll be making the early pace and could be hard to beat. If he does fall short, (7) SOL PARANG could be one to take advantage. He beat a couple of these on his way to 3rd at class and distance last start and can finish well from off the pace here. (6) WILD FIGHT also enters in solid form with a good 3rd over 1400M last time and should be in at least the placing frame again. (1) MONTEVIDEO and (3) FLYING BOSS are not without claims either.
|Selections||(4) Munhak Tiger (7) Sol Parang (6) Wild Fight (1) Montevideo|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 5, 6|
Race 11: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(1) MUNHAK ARIARI came up slightly short when favourite for a similar class and distance affair last month, ultimately finishing 4th. It wasn’t a bad run though and having drawn the inside gate today, looks set to be a justifiable favourite once more. (8) EMPIRE KINGDOM should benefit from the drop back in trip today and should be one of the main dangers while (5) KWAEHAN YEBONGSAN was a little bit ordinary in good company last start but is a class and distance winner already and must be respected. (7) UP LIGHT, up in class and back in trip, and (9) EAGLES GRIFTER are others to take into account.
|Selections||(1) Munhak Ariari (8) Empire Kingdom (5) Kwaehan Yebongsan (7) Up Light|
|Next Best||9, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 9|