Saturday’s racing is at Seoul where there are 11 races from 10L45 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(1) MONEY SHARP has had a number of near-misses over nine starts so far and given today’s opposition, he should be making his breakthrough at last. (4) SEUNGRI LIKE had a poor day at the office behind Money Sharp last start but can be given another chance having run into trouble at the start, losing plenty of ground. The time before, he ran 2nd at this distance and with a better start today, should be on speed and can be a danger. (2) CARROT SEEKER showed some improvement last time and can be in the hunt while (5) INGRAN QUEEN and (9) SERA YEOJE are others who may improve in this company.
|Selections||(1) Money Sharp (4) Seungri Like (2) Carrot Seeker (9) Sera Yeoje|
|Next Best||5, 3|
|Fast Start||4, 5|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Three-year-old maidens and while the field is small, it’s competitive. (5) MISTER HERO hasn’t raced since a 4th place last October but trialled competently in decent company in mid-March and should go well first-up here. (4) KKAEUCHIM has shown steady improvement over his four outings and can continue his progress today while (8) STUNNING AGAIN offered some hint of ability for the first time when 6th of 11 on his latest start a month ago. However, it’s debut-makers we’ll turn to for our picks. (9) HANSEN BLADE made all to win a trial two weeks ago and a similar performance today will make him hard to beat. (7) DAEGUN POWER too impressed in a heat just last week and should be competitive here.
|Selections||(9) Hansen Blade (7) Daegun Power (4) Kkaeuchim (5) Mister Hero|
|Next Best||9, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 5, 9|
Race 3: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Another weak maiden. (4) CUPID CHOICE looks to be figuring things out having been an improved 3rd last start. She’ll be on pace here and could lead all the way. (2) WINNER SAY may have finished better than 5th on debut had she not had to be checked when improving into a narrow run coming off the turn. Nevertheless, it was an encouraging start and she can get closer here. (1) GEOM HYANG too did nothing wrong on her first appearance in February and can have also come on for it. (9) YULONG FLYING looks the type who may come good sooner or later while of the first-time starters, (5) SILVER DRAGON has the best chance of making an immediate impact.
|Selections||(4) Cupid Choice (2) Winner Say (1) Geom Hyang (5) Silver Dragon|
|Next Best||9, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 8|
Race 4: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Maiden fillies. (6) SAENAE VICTORY enters off a career-best finish of 2nd last time over this distance. She was beaten five-lengths by a decent winner, but it continued a run of encouraging performances and she could be the one to make the breakthrough here. (12) SONGAM BARBIE is the only other one in the field who has a top-three finish to her name, and she looks to be the main danger although (3) ROAD WOMAN, who races for the first time this year, looked sharp in a trial last month and can be expected to go well. (1) YAHO WHITE CAT and (8) GWACHEON GONGJU are others who can improve.
|Selections||(6) Saenae Victory (12) Songam Barbie (8) Gwacheon Gongju (3) Road Woman|
|Next Best||1, 5, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 3|
Race 5: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Three-year-old maidens. (3) SUHO comes in having finished 2nd over this distance on March 23rd. That was just his third career start and came after a 4th place the time before. He’s the one to beat here. (8) TAP LINE was just a head behind in 3rd place that day although he displayed poor manners in the home straight. He was 2nd on debut a month earlier and will be the main danger again. (7) P.K. GUNJU can have a line drawn through his latest one as he took a heavy bump at the start and can be given another chance here. (4) KING OF RULES and (6) STRONG VULTURE are others who can enter the placing frame.
|Selections||(3) Suho (8) Tap Line (7) P.K. Gunju (6) Strong Vulture|
|Next Best||4, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 7|
Race 6: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(1) ENDURANCE was certainly eye-catching when scoring by ten-lengths over this distance to earn his maiden win on March 2nd. He was stepped up to 1700M for his first try at this class two weeks ago but after leading for much of the way around, he weakened late on and ultimately finished in 5th. Back down in trip today, he’ll be the one to beat. It was a similar story too for (3) SPEED HEUKRYONG, who after registering his maiden win in February similarly found it challenging around two turns last month and should be closer today. (2) SHADOW MONEY should break a run of four consecutive 5th place finishes – hopefully by finishing better than 5th here – while (7) BANGTANMA and
(10) DAEHAN ILPUM are others capable of improving on recent form.
|Selections||(1) Endurance (3) Speed Heukryong (2) Shadow Money (7) Bangtanma|
|Next Best||10, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 10|
Race 7: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(10) GAENARI SONG won his first two to be rapidly promoted to this class. He stepped up to 1700M on March 10th but was scarcely involved and only beat one home. He drops back significantly in trip today and should be a different prospect. Three of these raced each other at class and distance on March 2nd. (7) RICH MINE was 2nd, (2) ILGAKSU finished 3rd and (1) RAON SERENA was 4th, however there was less than length separating the three with the winner just half a length ahead. All three of them should be competitive again but bearing in mind it was Raon Serena’s first try at the distance, we’ll look to her to make the most improvement. (5) HURACAN the best of the rest.
|Selections||(10) Gaenari Song (1) Raon Serena (7) Rich Mine (2) Ilgaksu|
|Next Best||5, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 12|
Race 8: Class 4 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
This is anyone’s race. (5) GISELLE GOEMUL has been on an upward trajectory across three outings to date. He was 4th last start in similar company to this and while he will need to improve, he has a chance of going close today. (6) SPEED SHOCK has been knocking at the door for some time and ran well at class and distance last time while (7) LIAM’S MOONEY was an encouraging 5th on debut on March 3rd and can build on that today. (3) GWACHEON JANGSA was much-improved last start, only going down by a neck and has to come under consideration here. There is one debut-maker and (4) URI was solid enough in trials and can go well first-up here.
|Selections||(5) Giselle Goemul (6) Speed Shock (7) Liam’s Mooney (4) Uri|
|Next Best||5, 10|
|Fast Start||3, 9|
Race 9: Class 5 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Another very open race. (3) FEATHER LIGHT ran a good 2nd on her first try at this distance on March 10th. It came off the back of two close at hand 3rd places over shorter and was her first outing in this level. She led almost the entire way around and will try and do similar here. (6) CHONGAL GACHI got his maiden win at the tenth time of asking at this distance a month ago. He carries an additional could of kilos here but can go close again. (4) RAON DOLPUNG remains a maiden after eighteen attempts but is rarely too far away and should be in the hunt once more. (1) SANGBIGUN, who raced ungenerously for 5th behind Feather Light last time, and (9) M.J. TOWN are others who should be competitive.
|Selections||(3) Feather Light (6) Chongal Gachi (4) Raon Dolpung (9) M. J. Town|
|Next Best||1, 12|
|Fast Start||3, 6|
Race 10: Class 2 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(10) MUNHAK JOY was 5th n the Nonghyup Chairman’s Trophy last autumn and while a couple of these have beaten him in the past, he comes in following a strong 2nd over this distance on March 2nd, only missing out by a neck. He’ll get across to the lead here and can win. (3) GLOBAL LINE was 3rd in that race last month, just a length behind Munhak Joy, a horse he beat over 1400M back in December and he looks the biggest danger here although (4) YONGCHONG too has finished ahead of Munhak Joy, in his case at this distance in January. He, however, finished 6th in that March 3rd race and it looks as though the other two have progressed a bit more than he has. (1) JEONGAN KINGDOM and (9) CONSERVATIVE are others who are capable in this company.
|Selections||(10) Munhak Joy (3) Global Line (4) Yongchong (9) Conservative|
|Next Best||1, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 8, 10|
Race 11: Class 3 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
Fillies and mares only to finish with but a tricky little contest. (7) HWA GI is up in both class and distance having won her latest two, both at 1000M. She’ll cut across to get the lead and if she stays the extra furlong and a half, she has every chance. (4) GAON QUEEN beat (3) CHOCO CANDY when the pair of them came home 1st and 3rd at class and distance in January. Choco Candy overturned that form on her way to 2nd at 1400M a month ago and both should be big threats here. (1) AMENDA and (2) GOLD HORAH are other capable types.
|Selections||(3) Choco Candy (7) Hwa Gi (4) Gaon Queen (1) Amenda|
|Next Best||2, 8|
|Fast Start||3, 7|