There are 12 races at Seoul on Saturday from 10:45 to 18:00.
Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(3) BLACK PARTY was sent off as an odd-on favourite at this distance on February 24th having finished 2nd in a similar race a month earlier. She took a bump at the start and ultimately ended up a slightly disappointing 4th. She looks like she has some talent though and she gets another chance today. (4) TAP LINE ran 2nd on debut on February 23, coming from off the pace and finishing nicely over 1000M. Up in trip today, he can be a big danger. (8) BLADE STORM has finished no worse than 3rd in three outing so far and can maintain that record here while (10) SUHO – who has started at precisely 58.5 on the Korean tote in both outings to date, improved last time despite displaying poor racing manners throughout and may play a role. Of the three debut-makers, (6) CHOEGANG MAGIC looks the best at this stage.
|Selections||(3) Black Party (4) Tap Line (6) Choegang Magic (8) Blade Storm|
|Next Best||10, 1|
|Fast Start||3, 8, 9, 10|
Race 2: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(11) HAE WANG got promoted to this class with a pair of 2nd places either side of the turn of the year. He didn’t go well at 1300M a month ago but must be given another chance back down at the minimum today. (1) MENI SMART is two starts into a comeback following a lengthy period away. She’s run 6th in both of those but drops back to 1000M and from the inside gate should be on pace early. She should get much closer. (10) NONSTOP FLYING is up in class having made all to win at this distance at the end of January. This is stiffer but she should be competitive. (3) CHEONROK unseated her rider a month ago but has some ability and looks nicely in here. (12) DAECHEON HERO another with placing chances.
|Selections||(11) Hae Wang (1) Meni Smart (10) Nonstop Flying (3) Cheonrok|
|Next Best||12, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 10, 11, 12|
Race 3: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
This is a strong filly-only race for the level and that means (10) LUCKY BONGSEONG, a winner on debut over 1000M three weeks ago and accordingly up in class and distance, will have to improve significantly if she is to compete. (1) GREEN SARANG scored at class and distance in a fast time on a very wet track on February 3rd. He carries an additional 4kg this time but is well drawn to get forward early and can repeat. To do that though, he’ll have to hold off that day’s runner-up (6) MAMMA ROMA. Luigi Riccardi’s filly subsequently came back out three weeks later to run 2nd again and this time she can go one better. (7) MUNG CHI and (2) SUPER YEOWANG, 3rd and 4th respectively in that latter race, are others in the hunt although a bigger danger may be (3) UDAERYUNG, 5th in a similar strength race to this over 1000M a month ago and who steps up in trip for the first time here seemingly with plenty of improvement left in her.
|Selections||(6) Mamma Roma (1) Green Sarang (10) Lucky Bongseong (3) Udaeryung|
|Next Best||7, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 4, 10|
Race 4: Class 6 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(8) MYEONGMA JILJU stepped up to this trip on February 23rd and recorded his best finish to date, running 2nd and beating plenty of these in the process. With that day’s winner safely out of the way, he’s favoured to go one better today. (6) CHEONSE MANSE was 3rd in that race, despite his jockey dropping his whip with two furlongs to go and should be a big danger. (2) BINNANEUN RUBY and (3) RAON JEWANG both enter with recent form reading well and shouldn’t be too far away. (12) GEUMA SUPREME has races just twice before, at 1000M and 1300M, finishing in 5th place on both occasions. He’s been steadily away both time and finishing off well and the step up in trip may suit.
|Selections||(8) Myeongma Jilju (12) Geuma Supreme (3) Raon Jewang (6) Cheonse Manse|
|Next Best||2, 7|
|Fast Start||4, 10|
Race 5: Class 5 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(1) ENDURANCE got his maiden win at the fourth time of asking over 1300M three weeks ago. He’s up in class and distance today but has claims on a repeat. (2) BULHUUI MYEONGGOG is already a class and distance winner having prevailed in a very similar strength race to this in January. He went up in the weights as a result and finished 4th on re-appearance last month and today an apprentice jockey cancels out that weight and he should be back close again. The experienced (11) LAST JACKPOT has finished 3rd in each of his latest two, both and 1700M and should be close while both (10) JEONGSANG YEOSIN and (12) MYEONGJIN MAN come in with the recent form looking encouraging and they can compete for at least a place.
|Selections||(1) Endurance (2) Bulhuui Myeonggog (11) Last Jackpot (10) Jeongsang Yeosin|
|Next Best||12, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 6|
Race 6: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
A winner of two from four and 3rd in the other two, (2) YAHO THUNDER CAT is up in class today and despite racing at further than five furlongs for the first time, looks to be the one to beat. The other standout is (9) GONG SAN. A class and distance winner in December, she’s run well for 4th and 2nd in two subsequent starts. She’s not the fastest of starters so needs to make sure she’s not caught behind traffic but if she gets a clear run, she can win. (3) EAST KINGDOM was very disappointing on his latest appearance in December. He has talent though and may be better for the three months he’s had off with a good trial outing last week a positive sign. (6) BEYOND OVER drops back in trip and can improve while (11) GEUMA GLORY is another who can challenge for a place.
|Selections||(2) Yaho Thunder Cat (9) Gong San (3) East Kingdom (6) Beyond Over|
|Next Best||11, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 11|
Race 7: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(1) MIGHTY M has run well in all three starts so far and today’s step up in trip could be just what he needs to make his breakthrough. Moon Se Young climbs aboard for the first time and he looks nicely in here. (2) HWANSANG STAR has been runner-up in each of his latest two, the latter of which was at this distance, and he will be a threat again, most likely getting an easy early lead. (6) ECHO GOLD and (3) MAJJABEUN SON came home 3rd and 4th respectively when they raced at class and distance on February 24th. There was just over half a length between them that day and both should be looking to at least match those finishes today. (8) CHANGE MAKER has shown some promise in three outings so far. The Aussie import tackles two-turns for the first time here and it may suit.
|Selections||(1) Mighty M (2) Hwansang Star (8) Change Maker (6) Echo Gold|
|Next Best||3, 7|
Race 8: Class 4 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(9) CHARON BLADE has two wins and two runner-up finishes from four starts so far. She’s up not only in class here, but also significantly in trip, having not raced at any further than 1300M (and she didn’t win that). She looks to have solid potential and if she gets the trip, she has every chance of winning. (10) MIGHTY MAMBO will get the trip. He comes in having finished well for 2nd last time out at class and distance. (3) HAMBAK MISO ran 4th in that same race, his first try at 1700M and can have come on for it. (5) GRAND DOLPUNG ran 3rd at this distance on a wet track on what was his first try at this level last month. He’ll challenge Charon Blade for the early lead and can be a danger. (4) MONEY POCKET had a hard time on her first class and distance attempt in the same race behind Grand Dolpung, but hopefully learned a little from that and can improve today – his dam at one point held the 1800M track record here so the distance shouldn’t be a problem.
|Selections||(9) Charon Blade (3) Hambak Miso (10) Mighty Mambo (5) Grand Dolpung|
|Next Best||4, 6|
|Fast Start||5, 9|
Race 9: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(1) RAON SIRIUS was an 18/1 winner over this distance on February 23rd, coming from last to 1st in the home straight. He’s up in class here but has been consistently running well and a repeat isn’t impossible. (10) GLOBAL QUEEN was 3rd on her first try at this class a month ago and should be a contender again. She’s a front-runner and will need to overcome the widest draw she’s ever received but she’s got ability. (9) BIG EAR could only manage 6th behind Global Queen last month but her stable has come right back into form and she can get closer today. (2) GEOSEN MAPUNG and (5) SPEED IS KHAN are others with serious claims in what is a very competitive looking race.
|Selections||(1) Raon Sirius (10) Global Queen (9) Big Ear (5) Speed Is Khan|
|Next Best||2, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 6, 10|
Race 10: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(9) HEUNG BARAM is a class and distance winner as recently as January and we’ll draw a line through his latest effort last month as he lost lots of ground at the start after jumping awkwardly. If he gets away better this time, he surely goes close. (5) LUXURY HAPPY comes in here in consistent form, albeit it is consistently finding one or two too quick. That may well be the case again today, but she won’t be far away. (12) GUREUM SONJITHAE came home 4th behind Luxury Happy last time out (interestingly, the jockey weighed in half a kilo more than he weighed out), less than half a length behind, and will surely be competitive too. (1) MUSA and (4) SOJUNGHAN MANNAM are ones who can improve on their recent form and challenge for the minor money here.
|Selections||(9) Heung Baram (5) Luxury Happy (12) Gureum Sonjithae (1) Musa|
|Next Best||4, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 9, 10|
Race 11: Class 2 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(9) DOKDO JIGI has won six of eight so far and five in a row including at this class over 1400M last time. It’s a big test today though as he tackles two turns for the first time and a big test for apprentice jockey Moon Sung-hyeok who is brought in to keep the weight down. It’s a test both can come through. (10) FLYING MUNNING finally go this maiden win at the twelfth time of asking at the end of January. It came at this distance and while he is up in class, he is very nicely weighted and surely goes close. (8) SIMPLE LIFE may only have finished 6th at class and distance last start but the margins were tight, and he’ll be a threat here. (7) SARYEONI HEALING and (11) LEONNING STROM are others in the frame.
|Selections||(9) Dokdo Jigi (10) Flying Munning (8) Simple Life (11) Leonning Strom|
|Next Best||7, 12|
|Fast Start||8, 9, 10|
Race 12: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(7) THUNDER MARK was well-backed on his first try at this class and distance on February 17th, but he was fractious in the barriers, jumped awkwardly and raced ungenerously. Despite all that, he still managed to come 2nd. Moon Se Young, who rode him on his sole victory to date, returns to the ride and he has a big chance here. (1) MONEY BLADE finished 4th behind Thunder Mark last start. He has almost five-lengths to find on the favourite but should be good for a place. (2) TO GO WIN was 5th in the same race, a further two-lengths back, and she too can get closer today. (9) KILIUI JEWANG and (10) MALIBU GINGER are both up in class after good wins last time and while they will need to improve, can’t be ruled out of a money finish.
|Selections||(7) Thunder Mark (1) Money Blade (2) To Go Win (10) Malibu Ginger|
|Next Best||9, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 9, 10|