There are 12 races at Seoul on Saturday from 10:45 to 18:00 including a big class 1 handicap featuring Stakes winners Road Winner and Sky Bay. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(3) JEMA TEUKGEUP ran a very close 2nd on what was just her second career start on February 16th. She was close to the pace throughout and is the pick to improve and win this today. (6) SINBU was 2nd in that race on what was for her too a much-improved second start. She has four-lengths to make up and can get closer this time. (8) SIMON QUEEN was further back in that race, but it was her debut and she can build on it today. (5) GWACHEONUI BYEOL too got better on her latest start and can be in the frame. (7) QUEEN STREET was second on debut at the end of January and while this is a better race, a repeat isn’t impossible.
|Selections||(3) Jema Teukgeup (6) Sinbu (5) Gwacheonui Byeol (7) Queen Street|
|Next Best||8, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 5, 6|
Race 2: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Competitive race here. (5) BROWN ROSE got her maiden win at class and distance on February 2nd coming from the middle of the pack to score by half a length. She carries a bit more weight today but could repeat. (3) RAON KEVIN was stepped up to 1300M for his first try at this level back in January but despite leading for much of the way, he weakened badly in the final furlong. Back down in trip today and following eight weeks off, he should be much better this time. He’ll be setting the early pace along with (4) OK DEURIM whose form maybe turning for the better after an encouraging 4th last time. The experienced (1) PARTY POWER is another who could go close in company likely this.
|Selections||(5) Brown Rose (3) Raon Kevin (4) Ok Deurim (1) Party Power|
|Next Best||9, 6|
|Fast Start||3, 4|
Race 3: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Another small but competitive heat of this class 5 handicap. (5) ACE TRIPLE was a good winner over the distance on a very wet track six weeks ago. He’s up in class today but should be on pace once more and he can repeat. (7) SEMYEONG GISANG is up in class too having scored in similar fashion last time and while he perhaps has a bit more to find, is firmly in the hunt as well. (6) WINT SEVEN never really recovered from a bit of bumping at the start on his latest outing and can go better today. (1) LAO JIN is one start into a comeback following five months off and can improve here. (3) QUEEN FORCE ONE is another who got a bad trip on her last start and could be better here.
|Selections||(5) Ace Triple (1) Lao Jin (7) Semyeong Gisang (6) Wint Seven|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 6, 8|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Three-year-old maidens only here. (3) CHEONJI POKPUNG has been figuring things out in his latest two and while he was beaten seven-lengths into 2nd by a good winner a month ago, today could be his day. He’s well drawn to lead early and can go all the way. (8) GALAXY PEACE got a bad trip last time but still overcame it for an improved 5th on what was her first try at this distance and she may have more progress in her today. (4) DAE YEONGWANG has been knocking at the door for some time now and shouldn’t be too far away while (1) MASON, who stumbled at the start last time but still ran well, and (7) VICTORY KING are others who can at least compete for places.
|Selections||(3) Cheonji Pokpung (8) Galaxy Peace (4) Dae Yongwang (7) Victory King|
|Next Best||1, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 3|
Race 5: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(1) DAEGUNUI CHANG has a 3rd and two runner-up finishes from three starts so far and he is the pick to make his breakthrough here. From the inside gate, he can get on pace early and can go all the way. (5) WORLD STARK looks to be the main danger. He was narrowly beaten in 2nd place in a tight three-way finish on January 26th at this distance and has every chance of pushing on today. (7) DAEGUNUI GEOM was sent up to 1700M for his latest start but got a dreadful start and was scarcely involved. He had previously shown some ability though and can be better here. (10) KEY FACTOR and (11) PREEM VISION are others who have shown enough to suggest they can be competitive.
|Selections||(1) Daegunui Chang (5) World Stark (10) Key Factor (11) Preem Vision|
|Next Best||7, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 7|
Race 6: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
A mixture of locally bred horses who have won their way up from class 6 against still untested imports. Of the locals, (6) BEST CHAPEL is up in class having run a solid 2nd over this distance at domestic class 5 in January. He’s had nine weeks off since then and can go one better here. (11) GREEN K has won three times already but after going cold at the turn of the year finds herself down in class today. She did though look good when winning a trial last month and today could suit. Among the imports, (9) THE SPIKER is the pick and may well start as favourite. He has a 2nd and two 4th placed finishes from three starts so far and should be on pace here. His stable is bang in form and he can win. (4) WELLNESS K and (10) WILD FIGHT should also go close.
|Selections||(9) The Spiker (6) Best Chapel (11) Green K (10) Wild Fight|
|Next Best||4, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 8, 9|
Race 7: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Back to maidens here but (10) GENERAL ROSE shouldn’t remain one for much longer. Despite being slow to begin and racing greenly on debut back in December, she still managed to finish 2nd. She’s had almost three months off to fix any problems and should win here. (11) COMPLETE MOTION has offered up some hints of talent over three outings so far with a 4th and a 5th among them and looks the clear second choice. Slim pickings amongst the rest with (5) SUNSHINE MARINE and (8) CAMPING MANIA two who have previously put in competent performances and who can challenge for places. There are three debut-makers as well and of them, (3) SPEED MOUNTAIN performed promisingly in trials and can go well first up.
|Selections||(10) General Rose (11) Complete Motion (3) Speed Mountain (5) Sunshine Marine|
|Next Best||8, 7|
|Fast Start||4, 8, 9, 10|
Race 8: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
After scoring his maiden win in fine fashion over 1000M last November, (2) GLOBAL CHEONHA has raced twice at this class, finishing 4th and 3rd, the latter at this distance. He could get a soft lead here and if he does, he may be very hard to catch. (6) NEUL SACHAN was less than half a length behind Global Cheonha last time out a month ago and she looks sure to go close once more. She in turn has recently beaten another main danger (3) MONEY ZIF, who enters following a solid class and distanc e 4th four weeks ago and can better that here. The experienced (4) GONSEOL enters with his recent form not reading especially well but the jockey booking today suggests optimism. (9) BARAMUI MISO also can better with both distance and company looking more suitable than any of his latest three outings in which one or other of those factors have been against him.
|Selections||(2) Global Cheonha (6) Neul Sachan (3) Money Zif (4) Gonseol|
|Next Best||9, 7|
Race 9: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(6) JEJUI BARAM remains a maiden after ten attempts but her performance in his latest two suggests that could change soon and it could well be here. She ran 2nd over this distance last time and returns after ten weeks out, set to make the running and be the favourite. (7) MUNHAKUI JEONSA ran solidly for 6th on debut at this distance in what was arguably a stiffer race than this and he can go even better today. (2) CUPID GUY has done nothing wrong in two outings to date amongst what was too, stronger horses. (5) CHAPEL ACE and (9) K KING, the latter of whom should be better back in trip, are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(6) Jejui Baram (7) Munhakui Jeonsa (2) Cupid Guy (5) Chapel Ace|
|Next Best||9, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 7, 10|
Race 10: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(1) RAON ROCKY has won his latest two, the most recent of which was at class and distance on January 19th with a couple of these beaten behind him. The stable is in form, he should be on pace today, and he can complete his hat-trick. (12) BAKCHAOREUM enters having already netted her hat-trick and seeking a fourth straight win. She’s up in class but carries a light weight and has overcome wide draws to win already. She’ll be dangerous. (9) GLOBAL NEWS ran 3rd to Roan Rocky last time and can aim to at least place again. (5) PHOENIX SUN and (11) MAGIC TEN are others who are more than capable of competing for the money.
|Selections||(11) Raon Rocky (12) Bakchaoreum (9) Global News (11) Magic Ten|
|Next Best||5, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 9, 12|
Race 11: Class 1 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 110 Million
(12) ROAD WINNER is on the up having won seven of ten in total including his last two in fine style, both at class 1 with three of these behind him over 2300M last time. He’s also on the up in terms of weights so that is a concern, but he is the one to beat here. Gyeongnam Governor’s Cup winner (7) SKY BAY only managed 4th place in the wet in the Donga Ilbo Cup on her season debut a month ago. With the weights in her favour today, she has every chance of returning to the winner’s circle. (4) MORFHIS secured his first class 1 victory at 1400M last month. He steps up to two-turns for the first time but should be able to cope. (8) SINGGEUREOUN GEOM and (11) BANYA DONGHAENG, both beaten by Road Winner last time, are others who can be competitive.
|Selections||(7) Sky Bay (12) Road Winner (4) Morfhis (8) Singgeureoun Geom|
|Next Best||11, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 7, 10|
Race 12: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
It took (7) AMAZING SOCKS eleven races to get his maiden win but he clearly enjoyed the feeling as he immediately backed up with another. He’s up in class today but a third isn’t impossible. Nor is it assured. (3) M J POWER ran 2nd at class and distance on February 2nd, beating a couple of these along the way. He’s only run four times, already has a win under his belt and looks to have potential for more. (11) MR. CUPID was 4th behind M J Power last time, his first start for four months, and he can build on that here. (1) WHANGHORAN JILJU and (6) RAON PORTEOUS are others in at least the placing hunt.
|Selections||(3) M J Power (7) Amazing Socks (11) Mr. Cupid (6) Raon Porteous|
|Next Best||1, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4, 7, 8|