Firday racing is at Busan with 11 races from 11:30 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Maiden fillies to begin with. (2) SHE JUST QUEENDOM ran 2nd on debut in November and was well-backed on her return at the end of December but began poorly and showed little interest throughout ultimately finishing 7th. She’s bumped up in trip for the first time today and with extra time to settle, she gets another chance. (6) AMAZING WINNER ran 3rd on her only previous try at this distance on November and should be at least matching that here while (5) QUEEN OF ADELE and (7) HAPPY KOREA have offered glimpses of ability. (9) YAKSOKDAERO makes a quick return having improved to 4th place on her third career start two weeks ago. She’s not shown much in the way of speed so far, but it wouldn’t be a huge surprise if she were to go even closer here.
|Selections||(2) She Just Queendom (6) Amazing Winner (7) Happy Korea (5) Queen Of Adele|
|Next Best||9, 4|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 9|
Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
More maiden fillies. (1) ROSA has improved across three starts so far and last time ran 2nd to the highly anticipated debut-maker Success Party at this distance. She couldn’t get close to that one, but she’ll likely get it right today and will be a strong favourite. (5) ARA MYUNGMA beat a couple of these on her way to 3rd place on her second appearance on December and steps up in trip today. She should be at least matching that 3rd. (9) FANTASTIC GIRL ran a creditable 5th on debut four weeks ago and can build on it today. (2) HARVEST SEASON and (6) TRUE SIGNATURE are others who can challenge for a place, if not the win.
|Selections||(1) Rosa (5) Ara Myungma (9) Fantastic Girl (6) True Signature|
|Next Best||2, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 9|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(8) TRUE VALOR was well-backed on debut back in November but after getting hampered at the start, never really fired. He’s had a couple of months off since and it’s a fresh start today in what looks a winnable race. (5) NAEGA SAEGANGJA and (7) WONDERFUL MORNING came home 2nd and 3rd in what for both was a debut outing on December 29th over 1000M. The increased trip today can suit both and they should be involved at the business end. (9) ROCKHARD FORCE made his own debut at this trip that same day and finished 2nd. He was beaten five lengths and will need to improve but he shouldn’t be too far away.
|Selections||(8) True Valor (5) Naega Saegangja (7) Wonderful Morning (9) Rockhard Force|
|Next Best||4, 1|
|Fast Start||3, 7|
Race 4: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Wide open maiden. (2) ACE CRUSH has been inconsistent across six outings so far, but he has posted some useful performances and looks to have as good a chance as any of scoring here. (7) GUKMIN STAR was an improved 2nd on a slow-running track on December 30th, with a couple of these well back down the track behind him. It was a big improvement and he can maintain that momentum today. (5) BAEJJANG was only beaten a nose at this distance on debut and ran 4th over 1300M on re-appearance at the end of December. He’s likely to be on pace early here and has a chance. (3) BAEKDU HERO and (8) BYEOLBIT OREUM are others with placing claims.
|Selections||(2) Ace Crush (7) Gukmin Star (5) Baejjang (8) Byeolbit Oreum|
|Next Best||3, 11|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 9|
Race 5: Class 6 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(4) KWAEHAN SINGANGJA remains a maiden after twelve attempts but has put in some decent performances along the way, not least last time out when he ran 2nd over this distance three weeks ago. He was beaten seven-lengths by a good winner, but he faces nothing like the same level of competition here and can win. (8) POWERFUL PIT came home 5th in that race and can get closer today but the main danger is likely to be Kwaehan Singangja’s own stablemate (1) MAGIC FLYING. He’s been solid, if unspectacular across five outings so far and the step up in trip to a mile may be exactly what he needs to make the breakthrough. (2) SOJUNGHAN SEONMUL and (9) ALBERT KING are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(1) Magic Flying (4) Kwaehan Singangja (8) Powerful Pit (2) Sojunghan Seonmul|
|Next Best||9, 6|
|Fast Start||2, 4|
Race 6: Class 4 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Three of these raced each other at class and distance on January 4th and there wasn’t very much between them at all. (8) WONDERFUL STORY was the best of them, coming home in 2nd place, just a length behind the long-shot winner and that makes him the narrow top choice today. (10) CURLIN FANTASY was 3rd in that race and (9) WONDERFUL CAPTAIN 5th and the former of those at least, could get closer today. (3) BLACK ARROW was a class and distance winner on November and while he could only manage 6th on reappearances at the end of last month, the margins weren’t huge, and he can be given another chance here. (5) DORAON SINSEDAE beat Black Arrow that day, coming from well off the pace and finishing well on his first try at this distance and he can be a threat again. (12) BIG RED IJI is better than his last run suggests and can also be given another chance.
|Selections||(8) Wonderful Story (3) Black Arrow (5) Doraon Sinsedae (10) Curlin Fantasy|
|Next Best||12, 9, 7|
|Fast Start||3, 10, 12|
Race 7: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(5) YEONGSEONG ACE can’t be faulted for the 4th and the 2nd he’s secured in his latest two starts, first behind New Legend and then Good Dancer, both of which would have taken some beating. He can settle just behind the early lead here and finish strongly. (1) LION SUN actually beat Yeongseong Ace when the pair of them ran 1st and 2nd on what was both their debuts all the way back in September. Lion Sun went on to run 3rd to champion juvenile King Socks in the Gimhae Mayor’s Cup but hasn’t raced since. From the inside gate, he should get on the lead early and if he comes in fit, then he can win. (4) SEONGSAN SIMON remains a maiden but is up in class having returned from six months out to run 2nd at this distance four weeks ago. He should be competitive. (2) ROYAL TREE and (9) FOREVER NINE, the latter up in class after a good three-length win at 1000M three weeks ago are others to consider.
|Selections||(5) Yeongseong Ace (1) Lion Sun (4) Seongsan Simon (9) Forever Nine|
|Next Best||2, 12|
|Fast Start||1, 11|
Race 8: Class 5 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(6) SUCCESS PARTY was a nine-length winner on debut on December 30th and steps up in class and distance here as favourite to maintain his 100% record. He’s the “full” brother of Success Story and looks to have plenty of potential. (4) BUGYEONG DANDY ran 3rd in that race which was one near-miss too many and he finds himself up in class as well. He could find the places although a stiffer challenge will be expected from (2) HAPPY DRAGON, who ran 2nd on his first try at this class over 1300M at the end of last month. He too tries the distance for the first time but his come from behind styles suggests that it may suit. (3) NEULPUREUN DRAGON and (7) SANGSEUNG DAEHAN are others with placing claims.
|Selections||(6) Success Party (2) Happy Dragon (7) Sangseung Daehan (4) Bugyeong Dandy|
|Next Best||3, 1|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 9|
Race 9: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(7) TANGENT has finished no worse than 3rd in four outings so far and while he does find himself up in class following that 3rd place last time at this distance, there is little to fear here, and he can win under a nice light weight. (2) AMAZON YEOGEOL won her first two races but saw her 100% record come to an end when stepped up to a mile last time. Back at 1300M today, she should be much more of a danger. The experienced pair of (8) BLUE DANCER and (9) MACHO MYEONGUN both come in with form reading well and both have chances of challenging for places. (10) DAMYANG GONGJU was a class and distance winner as recently as November and can’t be completely ruled out.
|Selections||(7) Tangent (2) Amazon Yeogeol (8) Blue Dancer (9) Macho Myeongun|
|Next Best||10, 6|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 7|
Race 10: Class 3 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(9) MABEOPUI JILJU was a class and distance winner in November and last time out ran 2nd, just beaten a length. The weight is a concern – 6kg more than when he won under an apprentice – but this race should suit. He’s never a fast starter but can come past plenty late on. (12) ALPHA RUNNER is a winner of three from eight and is up in class after his latest victory over a mile three weeks ago. He’s run well at this distance before and he could well win here. (2) BUGYEONG BOLT is up in class and distance after back to back victories over a mile, both of which were unexpected. He’ll likely be given a bit more respect in the market today but will need to improve if he is to maintain his surprise winning streak. (3) WINDY PARK and (8) MR. SCAT others in the hunt.
|Selections||(9) Mabeopui Jilju (12) Alpha Runner (8) Mr. Scat (2) Bugyeong Bolt|
|Next Best||3, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 8, 11|
Race 11: Class 2 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
Wide open handicap to finish with. (10) CHEONNYEONUI GANG was a good class 3 winner over a mile in December and then ran 5th in a competitive six-furlong sprint for his first try at this level three weeks ago. Today’s trip may suit better, and he can win. (3) POTENTIAL had a hard time at 1800M last start but should be much happier today. Last time she ran at this distance in November, she beat four of these on her way to 2nd place and can aim to at least match that here. (8) KASBAH PRINCE also defeated four of these on a way to a 2nd place of his own at class and distance on December 29th. He’s a slow starter, who finishes strongly and so long as he doesn’t leave himself too much to day, should be close. (5) DARMA and (11) BARAMUI HEUNJEOK are others who can challenge for at least a place.
|Selections||(10) Cheonnyeonui Gang (8) Kasbah Prince (3) Potential (11) Baramui Heunjeok|
|Next Best||5, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 7, 10|