There’s a bumper 15-race card at Seoul on Saturday. Moon Se Young may be the man to follow with plenty of fancied mounts. The action starts at 10:45 and continues until 18:00:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(3) USEUNG MACHA ran 4th at the distance last time and Moon Se Young’s booking is sure to tempt plenty. (11) IL MARE ran 4th on debut on December 8th. The time wasn’t quick, but the track was slow that day and he can compete here. (10) BIG PRO has run well both times so far for 4th and 6th in similar company and should have come on following seven weeks out. (1) BETTINA is one start into a comeback following four months off and can improve here. (2) DURI did nothing too wrong on debut and can is another who should get better.
|Selections||(3) Useung Macha (10) Big Pro (11) Il Mare (1) Bettina|
|Next Best||2, 8|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 8, 10|
Race 2: Cass 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(5) TOUR BROTHER wasn’t really ready on debut back in August but after a couple of months off and another trial he returned much better and has been no worse than 4th in three recent efforts. He led until the closing stages last time just two weeks ago and returns quickly here with solid claims to make the breakthrough. (1) LADY DIA was a much improved 2nd on her second outing at the beginning of December and she can continue her development today. (8) FINAL CAPTAIN drops back in trip after a solid 3rd place over 1300M last time and can be considered. (3) ULTRA MISSILE and (12) DALLYEORA GWANGSAN look best of the rest.
|Selections||(5) Tour Brother (1) Lady Dia (8) Final Captain (3) Ultra Missile|
|Next Best||12, 11|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 5, 12|
Race 3: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(6) TAP MAGIC MASTER has been getting closer across four starts so far and was a front-running 3rd last time. Moon Se Young rides for the first time today, he should get on pace early again, and he can win. It’s a competitive race though. (5) LITTLE BOY FLASH ran a good 4th in stiffer company than this last time out four weeks ago and should be a threat, as should (2) HWANG GEUM SAJA, who was a very close 5th at the distance at the end of November. (11) SEOUL SIDAE can have a line drawn through both his latest two, which were in much tougher races and be given another chance. There is one debut-maker and Verazano colt (8) DAEGUN CHEONHA looked sharp in a trial just before Christmas and can go well first-up.
|Selections||(6) Tap Magic Master (11) Seoul Sidae (5) Little Boy Flash (2) Hwang Geum Saja|
|Next Best||8, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 6|
Race 4: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Maidens who have just turned three-years-old here and (3) WONDERFUL HENNESSY looks the one to beat. She’s raced three times so far and as an improved 2nd last time. It was at 1000M, but she looks ready to go back up in trip and it could be her day. (12) SPEED HEUKRYONG was 5th behind Wonderful Hennessy in that race (having finished ahead of her the time before) and looks to be on the improve as well. (9) SOUTHERN MAN ran creditably enough for 4th on debut but it wasn’t an especially strong race and he will need to be better here. There are five first-timer starters and a number have a chance. (6) ACE TRIPLE looks the most promising following a very positive trial performance two weeks ago. (10) SINGSING JANGSU and (11) WINNER CROWN the others who have shown positively in the mornings. As ever, watch the market for clues with these.
|Selections||(3) Wonderful Hennessy (12) Speed Heukryong (6) Ace Triple (10) Singsing Jangsu|
|Next Best||11, 8|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 8|
Race 5: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
More three-year-old maidens and (3) FULL MOON SKY is the one to beat. He has a 4th and a 2nd from two starts so far and while he hasn’t raced since being beaten seven-lengths by a potentially useful type in mid-November, he should have too much here. (7) DONGYANG TEUKGEUP and (4) YEOKDAE CHOEGO finished 3rd and 5th when they raced each other on December 2nd. That was the latter’s debut, and both should be in the hunt here. (8) LA VIE EST BELLE and (9) WONDERFUL BRAVO are others to consider.
|Selections||(3) Full Moon Sky (4) Yeokdae Chogo (7) Dongyang Teukgeup (9) Wonderful Bravo|
|Next Best||8, 10|
|Fast Start||2, 7, 9, 12|
Race 6: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
Fillies only and it’s open to imports as well as locally-bred contenders. (8) HAE NARAE could be the one. She’s shown improvement over three starts so far and ran a good 3rd last time. She may not lead from the gate but can finish strongly. (11) HWA GI and (1) COVERGIRL JUSTICE were both also-rans last time out in what was a stronger race than this. While a long way behind the winner, they weren’t too distant from the places and both are likely to improve, especially Covergirl Justice, who was making her debut. (3) RAON WILLIAMS is a locally-bred filly who is already a proven winner, including last start. She’s well-drawn to lead and could win again.
|Selections||(8) Hae Narae (1) Covergirl Justice (3) Raon Williams (11) Hwa Gi|
|Next Best||5, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 10, 11|
Race 7: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(4) BANJIUI HAMSEONG steps up in class following a four-length score over 1000M on December 1st. He’s run through the line well in both starts so far so the additional trip shouldn’t be a concern and he can win again. (10) GONSEOL got his maiden win last time out at the forty-fifth time of asking. Lightning probably won’t strike twice so we’ll look elsewhere for probably challengers. (8) GANGHWA CHONGGAK had a poor day at the office from a wide draw last time. He’s got a better chance of getting on pace early here and can go close. (2) LAST CONCERT arrested a run of indifferent form with a 4th place last start and can aim for at least a repeat. (5) ARABIA GONGJU and (9) BERNARDI SHOW others in the hunt.
|Selections||(4) Banjiui Hamseong (8) Ganghwa Chonggak (2) Last Concert (5) Arabia Gongju|
|Next Best||9, 7|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 8|
Race 8: Class 5 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
After an inauspicious debut, (8) GAON FORCE has impressed with two 2nd place finishes and a maiden victory last time at this class. He steps up in trip to tackle two-turns for the first time here and while he is a front-runner, it may suit. (5) BI PYEONG is up in both class and trip but has quite a bit of potential. His maiden win last time was over decent company for class 6 and he’ll be a threat. (1) BLACK GINGA meanwhile remains a maiden but steps up in both class and trip after a few too many near-misses. She’s finished her races well and the additional distance may suit. As for those with experience around two-turns, (2) WON AGAIN and (4) SUN VICTOR have both proven themselves capable and should be in the mix here.
|Selections||(8) Gaon Force (5) Bi Pyeong (1) Black Ginga (2) Won Again|
|Next Best||4, 10|
|Fast Start||8, 10|
Race 9: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
After winning his first two starts, (2) MYEONGPUM CHUKJE proceeded to run 3rd in both the Gwacheon Mayor’s Cup and then Breeders’ Cup, the latter the top juvenile race in Korea. He’s up to two-turns today so we may start to get an idea of his potential to take part in the Triple Crown races. He should win this and win it well. (5) DAECHEON ACE and (1) CLEAN UP SECRET come in having run 3rd and 5th at class and distance on December 1st and the pair of them look to be among the main potential threats. (6) SPEED YEONGUNG and (7) STRONG MAN are others who can challenge for places.
|Selections||(2) Myeongpum Chukje (1) Clean Up Secret (5) Daecheon Ace (6) Speed Yeongung|
|Next Best||7, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 9|
Race 10: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(3) WONDERFUL EVIL had a hard time in the Breeders’ Cup at Busan last month, ultimately only beating one home. We’ll forget about that though and instead focus on his most recent run here at Seoul in November when he defeated a high class (for the level) field in a very good time over 1200M. The distance is obviously a question mark, but he could well return to the winner’s circle here. (6) HAPPY MAUNTAIN was in the winner’s circle himself a month ago, scoring at class and distance. He only carries a small amount of additional weight and has claims again. (2) CHEONGDAM TIGER has flattered to deceive so far but has hinted at ability and Antonio Da Silva may be able to coax it out of him here. (4) SIMON RICH and (5) WHIZ RAINIER are others to take note of.
|Selections||(3) Wonderful Evil (6) Happy Mauntain (5) Whiz Rainier (2) Cheongdam Tiger|
|Next Best||4, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 8, 11|
Race 11: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
A five-length winner over 1300M in October and then 2nd to an on-fire Cheongdam Jewang in November, (7) GLOBAL BANK comes in here the strong favourite among this small field. He should be on pace early and should have too much. Four of these raced each other at class and distance on December 8th. (2) PRIME GOLD and (3) KENTUCKY YEONIN were the best of them, finishing in 5th and 6th respectively in what was a tough race. Those two look the most likely dangers here although (1) BEST ROAD can go well on his day too.
|Selections||(7) Global Bank (2) Prime Gold (3) Kentucky Yeonin (1) Best Road|
|Next Best||5, 6|
|Fast Start||3, 7, 8|
Race 12: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
A winner of six from nine so far, (1) JANGSAN WILD was beaten into 3rd on his first try at this class on December 9th over 1400M having led for most of the way. He drops back in trip today and can continue his unbeaten record at this distance. He’s not the only one with an impressive record though. (8) SPEED JOY is up in class having come from off the pace to win at this distance on December 12th. He’s raced five times and never finished worse than 2nd and he can maintain that record here. (7) BLUE WOLF has never raced at this distance but comes in after recent good work over 1400M and should be a contender, (4) NOVEMBER MORNING and (5) MIRACLE HANSEN are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(1) Jangsan Wild (8) Speed Joy (7) Blue Wolf (5) Miracle Hansen|
|Next Best||4, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 6|
Race 13: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(6) MONEY BLADE races for the first time since being beaten just half a length by the highly thought-of Jjang Kong almost two months. It’s been a while since the most recent of his three wins, but he should be on the early speed here and can go all the way. (5) SIMPLE LIFE drops back in trip after recent work around two turns and comes firmly into contention while (7) AMENDA’s recent form – barring one effort at an unsuitable 1700M – reads well. (4) HAPPY BOY warrants respect following a quick win on a fast track last start and while he carries quite a bit more weight today, can be involved. (9) TAP FASHIONED steps up to this trip for the first time after a good 3rd place over 1200M in December and may be considered for a place.
|Selections||(6) Money Blade (5) Simple Life (7) Amenda (4) Happy Boy|
|Next Best||9, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 6|
Race 14: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
Near-misses have been the story of (5) HANSEN GLORY’s recent past including 3rd place when favourite on his latest start. Nevertheless, he’s beaten a fair few of these along the way, is likely to lead early and today he can get it right. (9) MAGIC TEN is another who has beaten plenty of these lately. She ran 4th behind three good ones last time and while she hasn’t quite lived up to her early potential, cab be effective at this class. (10) BIG EAR is certainly effective at this class having won last time and he must be respected today while (2) STORM RYKER and (4) CHODONG RACE, the latter actually holding a win over Hansen Glory as recently as last October, are others in the frame.
|Selections||(5) Hansen Glory (9) Magic Ten (10) Big Ear (2) Storm Ryker|
|Next Best||4, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 5, 6|
Race 15: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(10) CHEONGANG SEONG has won his last three races with varying degrees of east, the latest of which was at this class on a wet track over 1300M back in October. He returns after thirteen weeks off but should be able to pick up from where he left off and make it four in a row. (2) EIFFEL is up in class having won two of four starts so far. All those have been at 1000M so he’s up in trip for the first time too but should be able to cope and can be a danger. (8) GEUMA GLORY is up in class too. She ran 4th in a pair of big juvenile races last autumn and looks a prospect. (1) PUREUN JILJU and (7) HANIL GANGJA are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(10) Cheongang Seong (2) Eiffel (8) Geuma Glory (7) Hanil Gangja|
|Next Best||1, 12|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 7, 9|