The first day of September brings with it the last of the afternoon/evening cards of the year as from next week we move to purely daytime racing. There are 12 races at Seoul from 14:00 to 21:00.
Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Small field of fillies to begin with and (7) RUBY FALLS can build on the 2nd and 3rd she’s achieved in her latest two outings and make the breakthrough here. She’ll look to get on speed from the gate and should be the one to beat. (5) WHITE FLOWER has shown promise across two starts so far and was close to making the placings at this distance last start. She’s had eight weeks off since and can continue her improvement today. (4) NAMJJOK NARA enters off the back of her best finish so far, a 3rd place at 1000M three weeks ago. She tries further than the minimum distance for the first time and it may suit. (1) SOKBO WANGWI and (3) STEEL RUN are others who can challenge for the places.
|Selections||(7) Ruby Falls (5) White Flower (4) Namjjok Nara (1) Sokbo Wangwi|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 7|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
This is a weak contest and accordingly, (10) BLESSING ROAD may have enough to land a maiden win at what will be the eight time of asking. She’ll have to overcome the widest gate to get on speed but if she can do that, she can win. (1) EUNICE was just half a length behind Blessing Road as the pair came home 3rd and 4th over this distance on July 29th. It was her first finish of any note and she can build on it here. (5) FOR J.K. and (6) SUJEBI both have placing finishes to their names already and both can play a role here. The latter will likely challenge Blessing Road for the early speed. (8) ADELE JEONGSANG has done nothing wrong across four efforts so far and is another who could get better.
|Selections||(10) Blessing Road (1) Eunice (8) Adele Jeongsang (6) Sujebi|
|Next Best||5, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 7, 10|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(4) CHEONSANG GIUN has gone close across each of his three latest outings, culminating in 2nd place at the distance three weeks ago. He was on pace throughout, ultimately going down by two lengths to the favourite, and he can go one better today. (6) VICTORIA SAMBA came home in 4th place in that same race and while she has five lengths to find, looks to be one of the principal dangers here. (2) GOLD STREET is consistently close although Cheonsang Giun has beaten her before and can do so again. (3) OFFICER WOMAN and (5) SEUNGRI PLUS are others who will need to find a little more but can be in the hunt for the placings.
|Selections||(4) Cheonsang Giun (6) Victoria Samba (2) Gold Street (3) Officer Woman|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 5|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
A juvenile maiden with a big prize here and all eight entrants have raced at least once before although none of them have raced at this distance. (8) GEUMA KINGDOM came desperately close on debut, just being bested a head on the line over 1200M. It was an encouraging performance and the Animal Kingdom colt has a chance of going one better today. He’ll settle just behind the early lead so won’t be concerned about the wide draw. (7) TOHAMSAN POWER turned the tables on (2) GOD OF SOCKS, who had beaten him on both their debuts. The pair finished 2nd and 4th at 1200M on July 28th and both will be dangers here with Tohamsan Power the more favoured. (4) HANEULEUL DALRIDA was much improved on his second start and resumes following eight weeks off which a chance to build on it. (6) JEONGMUN SARANG was a useful 4th on debut and is another who can’t be ruled out.
|Selections||(8) Geuma Kingdom (7) Tohamsan Power (2) God Of Socks (4) Haneuleul Dalrida|
|Next Best||6, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 7|
Race 5: Class 3 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(1) WONDERFUL JACKPOT has taken well to racing around two turns with a 2nd place followed by back to back victories since trying this distance for the first time in April. He’s up in class here and this is undoubtedly a stiff test but he could well secure his hat-trick here under what is likely to be a patient ride by Antonio Da Silva. (2) YONGCHONG beat two of these on his way to 3rd place at the distance on August 11th and he’ll be one of the main dangers here and will probably be setting the early pace with (4) MAGIC TEN, a filly who hasn’t quite delivered on her early potential yet and races for the first time since finishing as an also-ran in the Korean Oaks. (6) YEONDARA comes back up in trip after a solid 3rd place over 1400M in July and the experienced four-year-old should be in the hunt here. (8) SIMPLE LIFE never got involved over 1800M last time but is perhaps worth another chance today while the jockey booking will entice some to overlook the latest couple of efforts by (7) TAMNA KING, both of which have been in tough company.
|Selections||(1) Wonderful Jackpot (2) Yongchong (8) Simple Life (7) Tamna King|
|Next Best||6, 4|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 7|
Race 6: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Fillies (and one mare) only here and could it finally be time for (1) FIORE to get her maiden win? She’s been close in each of her latest three, all at this distance and has only been beaten by good ones on all three occasions. This is a competitive race but she could well do it this time. (12) LOVELY NUTE was a beaten favourite over 1000M last start having won by seven-lengths on debut. She’s up in trip for the first time today but ran on well enough last time after a slow star and can be a threat. (11) LAO JIN beat a couple of the other two-year-olds we saw in race 4 (Tohamsan Power and God Of Socks) on her way to a maiden victory over 1200M on July 29th. She’s up in class but can be competitive although she will need to overcome the wide draw to get on pace. (3) RISE AEN SHINE was 5th on her first try at this class last time and will be expected to match of better that today while (5) JIGONG JEIL put in an improved 3rd in a similar race to this last time and can similarly match or better today,.
|Selections||(12) Lovely Nute (1) Fiore (5) Jigong Jeil (3) Rise Aen Shine|
|Next Best||11, 6|
|Fast Start||5, 6, 9, 11|
Race 7: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(9) RULER was an all-the-way winner on debut at this distance on July 22nd, scoring by half a length on the line. She’s up in class here but looks to have scope for development and she’ll be a threat here. (12) ROMAN BLADE has been favourite for both her tries at this level since her maiden win back in June. She’s finished a slightly disappointing 6th on both occasions but can improve here although she will have to get round from the widest gate to get on speed. The one to beat though, is (3) SERA KHAN. She ran a good 2nd place at class and distance last start in July on what was her third race since returning from a lengthy absence. She has shown progression across each of those and today she can finish on top. (7) PARTY POWER and (8) DAECHEON HERO are others who should be involved.
|Selections||(3) Sera Khan (9) Ruler (12) Roman Blade (8) Daecheon Hero|
|Next Best||7, 2|
|Fast Start||8, 9, 12|
Race 8: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
This is open to imported horses but six of them are locally-bred and it is from those six where we find out favourites. (3) GLOBAL QUEEN is a winner of two from five and has finished 2nd on the other three. She missed out by half-a-length last time in a tight finish over this distance and is favoured for top honours today, most likely leading from gate to wire. (7) WAIT AND SEE is up rapidly in class following back to back win. He also made all last time and will challenge Global Queen early. As will (5) BIG THUNDER, another coast to coast winner last time out and similarly up in class. (2) CHAPEL ACE never really got involved last time but is much better drawn today and can play a role. Of the three imports, newcomer (9) DEO DEO BI, looks the pick with the Musketier colt having won a trial in fine fashion two weeks ago.
|Selections||(3) Global Queen (7) Wait And See (2) Chapel Ace (5) Big Thunder|
|Next Best||9, 6|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 7|
Race 9: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(11) GLOBAL NEWS has won his latest two and three from six in total. All his six starts have been at 1000M so he is up in trip for the first time today and is carrying 3.5kg more than his win at this class at the end of June. Nevertheless, there looks to be more to come from him and he can overcome all that to win again. This is a race with plenty of unknowns though. (3) JEONGSANG DOLPUNG is inconsistent but talented and can be a threat here dropped slightly back in trip but other than that we are looking at horses with little to no form. (1) FINAL STAR looked very good when running 2nd in a trial back in June and makes his racecourse debut here while (7) FINAL ESSENCE was last on debut back in April but looked a different horse when romping a trial of his own two weeks ago. Both can be considered here as can (12) GEUMBIT BEONGAE, who has raced four times spread over a year and finally looks to be getting it together with his latest comeback yielding a promising 6th.
|Selections||(11) Global News (1) Final Star (7) Final Essence (3) Jeongsang Dolpung|
|Next Best||12, 9, 10|
|Fast Start||7, 8, 10, 11|
Race 10: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(10) KING EXPLOIT never really got involved in what was admittedly a stiffer contest than this at class and distance on July 7th. He was going well before that with a 2nd and a 3rd and can be given another chance today. (9) GARA GARA GA is up in class having won two of his latest three and finishing 2nd in the other. He will need to improve here but should be on the early speed and could go all the way. (1) SARYEONI WIN and (4) BEST CAMP both have plenty of experience at this level and neither should be too far away today while (7) HAEGARAM too enters with recent form reading well and is capable of find at least the minor money here.
|Selections||(9) Gara Gara Ga (10) King Exploit (4) Best Camp (1) Saryeoni Win|
|Next Best||7, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 5|
Race 11: Class 1 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 110 Million
(4) MOONHAK CHIEF is a winner of five from ten and while that did once stand at five from seven, his latest three outings have been in very tough company including a 6th place in the YTN Cup behind the likes of Cheongdam Dokki and Clean Up Joy. He’s under a light weight here and should be returning to the winner’s circle for his first class 1 victory. (9) GAEULI JEONSEOL has beaten Moonhak Chief before, back in March on the latter’s first try at this level. Since then, the five-year-old has gone well in each of three outings and can go close again here. (5) GEUMA ZEUS had a hard time at 2000M last time out but gets another chance here while (3) MISO WANGJA and (6) YEONGNONG are others who can challenge for the places.
|Selections||(4) Moonhak Chief (9) Gaeuli Jeonseol (5) Geuma Zeus (6) Yeongnong|
|Next Best||3, 2|
|Fast Start||3, 9|
Race 12: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(1) SPRING BACK was an eye-catching nine-length winner on debut on July 28th and while the Gemologist gelding is up in class and considerably in distance here, another win can’t be ruled out. It won’t be easy though. (2) BULMYEORUI JEWANG toughed out a gutsy win by a head over class and distance on July 15th, beating some useful types including Morfhis, and he must be given plenty of respect here. (3) MONEY BLADE has three 4th place finishes and a 3rd since his most recent win in March and he should be at least matching those here. (7) EAST GULCH is also a competent performer at this class and can go close while (8) JEONGSANG CHAMP and (6) HAEORABI come in having finished 1st and 3rd respectively over 1200M on July 14th and both may be considered here.
|Selections||(1) Spring Back (2) Bulmyeorui Jewang (3) Money Blade (7) East Gulch|
|Next Best||8, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3, 8|