With Busan taking the weekend off, there are no fewer than 15 races at Seoul on Sunday with the daytime card running from 10:45 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(12) BEYOND OVER ran a useful 2nd on debut on July 15th, running on pleasingly. She’s got the widest gate today but that shouldn’t be too much of a hindrance and she’s got a good chance of coming out on top this time in this all-filly affair. (4) STEEL RUN was 4th in that race, a position she’s developed a habit of ending up in and there is a chance she could improve here although stiffer competition may come in the form of (1) RAON WILLIAMS. She was a touch disappointing in 6th on her debut last month having previously impressed in trials, but hopefully learned a bit from it and does better this time. (9) HALLA DAERO and (11) SCARLET PERFECT both recorded their first runner-up finish on their respective latest starts and should be very much in the placing hunt again today.
|Selections||(12) Beyond Over (9) Halla Daero (1) Raon Williams (4) Steel Run|
|Next Best||11, 5|
|Fast Start||5, 8, 9|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Only one of these juveniles has raced before. That’s (9) WONDERFUL EVIL, who ran a decent 4th in a similar contest over the distance on July 7th. That experience should stand him in good stead and he has a chance but we will be favouring a couple of the first-timers. Likely favourite is (6) WINT SEVEN. He won his trial in a decent time under today’s jockey Manoel Nunes and is perfectly drawn in the middle to get a good start and go all the way. (1) HAE SAEM CHAM won her trial too, coming from just behind the early leaders to run on nicely. Nunes was also her trial rider but gets on Wint Seven here. With a name like (7) DO KKI BLADE, you’d hope this Officer colt is good, but he didn’t offer many clues in his trial. Connections mean he will be backed though. (8) BLACK ZAPPER is another who has the potential to go well first-up.
|Selections||(6) Wint Seven (1) Hae Saem Cham (7) Do Kki Blade (9) Wonderful Evil|
|Next Best||8, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 6|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(1) CHEONSANG GIUN did noting in his first two starts before being shunted up to 1700M for his next two where he started to show some hints of ability. That continued back down at this distance last start when he ran a useful 4th and he can make his breakthrough today. The main danger looks to be the solitary debut-maker (7) MYEONGPUM CHUKJE. He looked good across two trials, most recently on July 20th and if he brings that form to the races, he has a real chance. (8) BEST BOBAE comes in off a 3rd place in an admittedly weak contest over 1200M on July 7th and could look to match that here while (2) DAEJIUI SAESSAK and (6) GANGSANUI ACHIM are ones with potential to improve on recent results.
|Selections||(1) Cheonsang Giun (7) Myeomgpum Chukje (8) Best Bobae (2) Daejiui Saessak|
|Next Best||6, 4|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(6) MAIN RACER has had a couple of months off since disappointing when favourite at class and distance on June 3rd. He was reasonably well positioned that day but didn’t quicken, ultimately ending up in 5th. He’s shown plenty of ability though and will probably be ridden on the speed today and is worth another chance. Stablemate (2) DAEMYEONG SOLAR ran well when stepped up to this trip last time and can build on it here, while (3) SUJEBI and (7) SPEED HWANGNYONG came home 3rd and 4th over this distance on June 16th. Sujebi has raced once more since then and struggled when favourite, but Speed Hangnyong returns for the first time and will be expected to do better today. (4) MIDAS CHIEF is another hwo looks to be figuring things out and can go close.
|Selections||(6) Main Racer (7) Speed Hwangnyong (4) Midas Chief (2) Daemyeong Solar|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 6|
Race 5: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(7) KING POSE drops back in trip having just been beaten a head over 1700M on June 24th. He’s won at this trip already, should be on speed early and has a chance. (4) MALAKAS keeps going close at this class with several near-misses. He began poorly at 1000M last time but still rallied for 5th and with a better start, can get much closer. (6) SUN BOLT won on debut back in January but had seemingly started to lose his was in his next three outings He arrested that slide with a solid 3rd on his first try at this distance three weeks ago and can build on it here. (2) NANGMAN STAR and (5) BAEKSAN ISLAND are others in at least the placing frame.
|Selections||(7) King Pose (4) Malakas (6) Sun Bolt (5) Baeksan Island|
|Next Best||2, 8|
|Fast Start||4, 6, 7|
Race 6: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(3) ROMAN BLADE only managed 6th place when favourite at class and distance on July 15th. We’ll not give up on her yet though and with Manoel Nunes rising her for the first time, she’ll likely be favourite to put things right here. When she got her maiden win back in June, she beat (4) CLEAN FLOWER by two lengths. Clean Flower followed up with a five-length win of her own on July 7th to come up in class for the first time and she will be one of the principal dangers. Others include (5) SPECIAL WINNER, who drops back in trip following a good 2nd place at 1400M and (2) MONEY DAERYUK, who like Roman (more…)