There are 12 races at Seoul on Saturday from 2pm to 9pm:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(11) GOLD SEUTAK has gone no better than 3rd in nineteen starts so far and only achieved that on her latest start, However, her latest three efforts have been promising and she beat a couple of these last time. It could be her day. (1) RAON SITIEOSEU has beaten Gold Seutak in the past and while her latest couple of starts have been disappointing, they were in slightly tougher company than this and she can improve today. (3) MAGIC DOLPUNG hasn’t done too much wrong in two tries to date while (7) SPHAERA also looks to be figuring things out with 2nd place last time, albeit in an even weaker race than this and some distance behind the winner. (6) YONGUI JUDO is another who has a 2nd place to her name and she can aim to repeat here.
|Selections||(11) Gold Seutak (1) Raon Sitieoseu (3) Magic Dolpung (7) Sphaera|
|Next Best||6, 4|
|Fast Start||7, 9|
Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(6) SO ARA DAEWANG enters off back to back 3rd place finishes, running on nicely each time and the extra furlong today may be exactly what she needs to get her maiden win. (5) CHANGSEONG LUCKY debuted at this distance on May 27th and did well, finishing 4th. It’s been eleven weeks since but he comes in here with solid chances for a stable that has started to pick up recently. (1) JEONGMUN K enters off a similar layoff and can improve here while (9) GLORY VERN should be setting the early pace and can stay on. (2) SAND CHAMP another who has offered a couple of glimpses of ability and could improve.
|Selections||(6) So Ara Daewang (5) Changseong Lucky (9) Glory Vern (1) Jeongmun K|
|Fast Start||8, 9|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Two-year-old maidens only here with three racing for the first time and the other five making their second appearances. (5) BI PYEONG was 2nd on debut on June 16th and while he was well-beaten by a good winner, he has every chance of going one better today. He ran on well that day at 1000M and the additional distance should suit. (3) RAYMOND also went well on his debut, running 3rd, also at 1000M and he should be a danger here while (2) GUREUM WANGJA demonstrated some promise too and is likely to be on the lead from the gate. Among the debut-makers, (6) CHOEGANG SINGI looked the best in trials.
|Selections||(5) Bi Pyeong (3) Raymond (2) Gureum Wangja (6) Choegang Singi|
|Next Best||4, 8|
Race 4: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(9) BAEKSAN FORCE got her maiden win by an emphatic thirteen-lengths at 1200M on July 1st, making all. That win had been coming and while she’s up in both class and slightly in trip today, she’s the one to beat again. This is undoubtedly a tougher assignment though. (2) FLYING JOY remains a maiden after eight attempts but has run 3rd in each of his last two, both at this class and should surely be close again. (8) SPEED YEONGUNG beat (3) VICTORY STAR as the pair came home 2nd and 4th over 1400M on July 14th and both are capable of challenging again here. (1) RAON MIRACLE too ran an encouraging 3rd at class and distance on her latest outing and should be in the hunt to at least match that today.
|Selections||(9) Baeksan Force (2) Flying Joy (3) Victory Star (8) Speed Yeongung|
|Next Best||1, 4|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 7, 9|
Race 5: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(10) SKY JUMP was a six-length winner over this distance on what was just her second career start two weeks ago. She makes a quick return here and while up in class the small filly – she weighed in at less than 400kg prior to that victory – could win again. She’ll have stiff competition from (6) PRIMO, who just missed out by a nose at class and distance on July 7th and beat a couple of these on her way to another runner-up finish in June. She’ll come from just behind the early pace and could get up this time. (2) CHEONJI BOBAE and (5) PERFECT BIC C came home 3rd and 4th at the distance on June 16th and both look in the placing frame here.
|Selections||(10) Sky Jump (6) Primo (2) Cheonji Bobae (5) Perfect Bic C|
|Next Best||4, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 8, 10|
Race 6: Class 5 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
After just being beaten a head into 2nd on his first try at both class and distance in June, (1) HWANGGEUM JUMEONI was sent off as favourite on his re-appearance three weeks ago. Things didn’t go to plan and he ultimately finished 5th of 8 but there’s a good chance he can put that right today. (8) GANADORA is already a winner at this distance, albeit at class 6. The I Want Revenge filly ran a solid 2nd on her first try at this level on July 7th and she should get close again. She may well get an uncontested lead early here. (4) ONNURI ALBA is a stablemate of Ganadora and while a touch inconsistent has proven competitive at both class and distance. (9) CHANGSEONG GANGJA and (10) BAEKDU POWER come in with recent form reading positively and both can challenge here, at least for minor money. Both those two beat (6) ASTER last time but he too can be a useful performer on his day and may well improve here.
|Selections||(8) Ganadora (1) Hwanggeum Jumeoni (6) Aster (4) Onnuri Alba|
|Next Best||9, 10|
Race 7: Class 3 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
A winner of three of her first seven before being put up to this class and distance, (4) OKAY QUEEN managed a 2nd and a 3rd in two tries at it to date, She’s likely to race prominently early on here and could get it right this time. Challenging her on the early pace are likely to be the two main dangers. (6) JEONGSANGOREUM is much more experienced and has a habit of finishing 2nd, something he’s done on no fewer thannine of his thirty-two starts. He comes back up to this trip after a (what else?) 2nd place finish over 1400M at the end of June and he is the top-rated horse in the field. (7) MENI BADA is the other main contender. She tries two-turns for the first time after putting in some solid efforts at this class over 1200M. The distance is the only question with her. (1) YONGCHONG and (2) SENTA POBA are others who can be involved at the business end.
|Selections||(4) Okay Queen (6) Jeongsangoreum (7) Meni Bada (2) Senta Poba|
|Next Best||1, 8|
|Fast Start||4, 6, 7|
Race 8: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(9) PENETRO has a win and a 2nd place in two starts since returning from six months off in May. He goes up to 1300M for the first time here but looks to still have plenty more to offer and will take some beating. (2) AMENDA was beaten less than a length when 3rd at class and distance a month ago and she’ll go close again while. (3) CYBER has been off since winning at 1200M in April but warrants respect here as does (6) ANYANG CHEETAH, also a winner at this class on her latest outing. The two of those will likely challenge Penetro for the early lead. (7) CHEONGA HYEONGGUK and (10) EUMAK DAEJANG are both up in class after good wins last time out. Of the pair, the former looks slightly better equipped for this level.
|Selections||(9) Penetro (2) Amenda (6) Anyang Cheetah (3) Cyber|
|Next Best||7, 10, 5|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 9, 10|
Race 9: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
This is a really tricky race with lots in contention. (7) BEST CAMP beat (4) GEUMA THUNDER as the pair came home 3rd and 5th at class and distance on July 8th. Both can go well here. (11) RAON PRIMER ran 2nd on what was her first try at this level a month ago. She’s a front-runner so will need to overcome the wide draw but if she can get across and on pace, she’ll likely be going very close. (5) YAHO STRONG CAT is up in class and also back up in trip. While he only managed 3rd of 7 in his last go at class 5, he wasn’t beaten by much and can improve. (6) M.J. ROAD enters off the back of three consecutive 3rd place finishes, all of them at this class and distance. He’ll be ridden relatively patiently and has a strong finish.
|Selections||(7) Best Camp (4) Geuma Thunder (11) Raon Primer (6) M.J. Road|
|Next Best||5, 10|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 4, 11|
Race 10: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(3) L CAR has won three from five so far including his latest at class and distance on July 7th. He is carrying an additional 5kg today but can cope with it and has every chance of winning once more, likely trying to lead all the way. (9) TOP BRAIN was 4th behind L Car in that race a month ago. It was the American import’s debut and the Uncle Mo can build on that performance here. (1) MALIBU GINGER has shown some ability and looks set for improvement here on what is his first try at further than the minimum distance. (7) HI OLD SILVER returns for his second start almost exactly a year after making his debut. He trialed up well at the end of June and can be considered first-up. There are two imports here racing for the very first time and (2) WORLD STARK, a Discreet Cat gelding, looks the more promising at this stage.
|Selections||(3) L Car (1) Malibu Ginger (9) Top Brain (7) Hi Old Silver|
|Next Best||2, 11|
|Fast Start||3, 10|
Race 11: Class 1 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 150 Million
Two horses who raced each other as juveniles but who both have had their careers disrupted by injury face off here in class 1. (9) NEW CITADEL returned from six months out on July 8th at this distance and although he ran well, could only manage 3rd place, a full four-and-a-half-lengths behind the winner. Hopefully he will have come on for that and can show a little closer to his true ability this time. (3) DOLKONG makes his long-awaited re-appearance. He last raced forty-one weeks ago, when he actually beat a couple of these when winning at class and distance. He’s a chip fracture since then but looked very sound when romping a trial in mid-July. Last time the pair of them raced, all the way back last September, Dolkong won by five lengths. It’s a big ask first-up but he could be equal to it. If they both come up short, (2) GAEULI JEONSEOL and (5) HAEMARU could be ones to take advantage.
|Selections||(3) Dolkong (9) New Citadel (2) Gaeuli Jeonseol (5) Haemaru|
|Next Best||4, 10|
|Fast Start||2, 5|
Race 12: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(8) MUNHAK JOY is two-for-two and is up in class and slightly in distance today. He doesn’t need to be on speed from the start so the draw isn’t a problem and he has every chance of maintaining her 100% record here. (1) PANORAMA SHOW looks to have the best chance of beating her. A winner of two from four so far, he prevailed at this class over 1200M on July 14th and also steps up to 1400M for the first time. (3) BADA CHIEF ran well enough on his first try at this level last time out and can go better today. (5) DORAON NALRI and (9) BLUE WOLF also look capable of going close.
|Selections||(8) Munhak Joy (1) Panorama Show (3) Bada Chief (5) Doraon Nalri|
|Next Best||9, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 4|