Saturday’s racing is at Seoul with 10 races from 10:45 to 18:00. The top two in the jockey Premiership. Moon Se-young and Kim Yong-geun, are both suspended so the opportunities are spread out across the card. Here are the previews:
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maidens with all but two making their racecourse debuts. We’ll side with a first timer here and (3) DOKKI BULPAE impressed in his trial, breaking beautifully before running around at the front of the field, crossing the line four-lengths to the good without having been asked a question. If he brings that form to the races, he will win. (7) ARGO MUJEOK is one of the two with experience. He ran fairly on debut on September 17th, given he had to contend with gate twelve and finished in midfield. He should have come on for the experience and can get closer here. Returning to the first timers, (1) DAEBAK SOCKS is a half-brother to top sprinter East Jet and ran fairly in his trial when he led. He gets a nice draw here and a bold showing is possible. (6) HERO SARANG and (8) DASAN JILJU others who performed adequately in their respective heats.
|Selections||(3) Dokki Bulpae (7) Argo Mujeok (1) Daebak Socks (6) Hero Sarang|
|Next Best||8, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 6, 7|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Juvenile maidens. (1) SPO BLADE was hampered at the start on debut in August but ran a solid 3rd on September 25th, when he sat midfield before running on and was beaten less than a length and a half. He draws well on the inside and can win this. (9) CHEONJEON CHAT has improved across three starts so far, all over 1000M. She has raced on pace so the draw might be a little less than ideal, but the additional distance can suit, and she has a chance. (11) POWERFUL HWASEONG stepped up to this distance on September 24th and ran a good 3rd in a competitive time. The draw shouldn’t be too much of a disadvantage for him and he can be finishing strongly again here. (2) CRAZY LOVE is another who comes up in trip and can go well from a good gate. (10) MAUIWAY was a much-improved 2nd at start number two on September 17th and is another in the frame.
|Selections||(1) Spo Blade (9) Cheonjeon Chat (11) Powerful Hwaseong (2) Crazy Love|
|Next Best||10, 3|
|Fast Start||7, 9, 10, 12|
Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
Fillies only for this maiden and there are two standouts. We’ll side with (1) PERFECT TIME who finally seems to be working things out with a 3rd and a 4th from her latest two at 1400M and 1300M. She likes to be on pace or handy and from the inside gate can potentially get a soft lead. She has both beaten and been beaten by the other principle here, (5) QUIET CHARM. She’s only raced four times but is showing promise with three top-four finishes already, including beating Perfect Time when 3rd last time out. She had the inside draw that day but if she continues to show improvement, she can win. (6) MADISON MUSIC was 6th behind Perfect Time and Quiet Charm on September 25th, but the margins weren’t big, and she has a 3rd place at this distance to her name. (2) CITY CHARM returns following a six-month absence. She offered few clues in a September trail but is nicely drawn under a light weight. (9) BRAMASAL another in the minor money hunt.
|Selections||(1) Perfect Time (5) Quiet Charm (6) Madison Music (2) City Charm|
|Next Best||9, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 10, 11|
Seoul Race 4: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(4) GRAY THOR was a winner over 1200M two starts back in July, making all, before stepping running on from midfield for 2nd place on his first try at this level on August 20th, again at that same distance. He is up slightly in trip here but comes in fresh and has solid claims. (6) GUKDAE CLASS is up in class having registered his maiden win at start number four on September 24th when handy throughout over 1200M. That win had been coming and he should be able to measure up in this company. The only juvenile in the race, (1) WONPYEONG TOWN is yet to break through but ran a close 2nd to GUKDAE CLASS in the September 24th race and joins him up in class. He led for much of that race, comes down in the weights here, and draws well to be on the speed once more. (7) SAENAE HWANGJE and (8) STAR CRAZY the logical other place chances.
|Selections||(4) Gray Thor (6) Gukdae Class (1) Wonpyeong Town (7) Saenae Hwangje|
|Next Best||8, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 5, 8|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(4) COMPLETE WEAPON hasn’t finished outside of the top five since his debut and at his latest start on August 21st, he led for much of the way around, ultimately running 2nd. He comes up to this trip for the first time, should be on pace again and has strong claims. (6) HIGH RUNNER got her maiden win three starts back over 1200M when sitting handy and running on. She then ran 2nd and 3rd in two starts at this class, both times overcoming wide draws. She can be further forward today and shouldn’t be far away. (5) CHAPEL PRINCESS has the fastest time among these at the distance, record when 2nd two starts back on a wet track. Go on that form instead of her latest when she struggled from a wide gate, and she is in the mix here. (2) WHIZ UP and (7) GEOLJAK DREAM others who can enter the calculations.
|Selections||(4) Complete Weapon (6) High Runner (5) Chapel Princess (2) Whiz Up|
|Next Best||7, 1|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 6, 7|
Seoul Race 6: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Fillies only here and a tricky one. (1) CLASSIC STAR worked hard to get to the lead from gate eleven on her first try at this class over 1300M on September 24th only to wilt in the final furlong and finish well back. She comes back to the distance at which she won so well at class 6 level in June, draws a much better gate this time, and can be given another chance. (9) STARLET got her maiden win over 1000M two starts back before running 5th on her first attempt at class and distance on September 18th. She can settle handy here and has a strong finish. (10) RAON FOREST is still a maiden but comes up in class following two runner-up finishes from three starts, all over 1000M. She has been finishing off her races well so there is no reason the additional furlong won’t suit, and she carries a very light weight. The up in class (2) WONDERFUL MUSKET as well as (3) LUCKY INDY, another who needs a line drawn through her latest, are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(1) Classic Star (9) Starlet (10) Raon Forest (2) Wonderful Musket|
|Next Best||3, 5|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 6, 8|
Seoul Race 7: Class 2 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 90 Million
(3) FOREVER DREAM won three in a row between April and June which enabled him to take his chance in two valuable trophy races, the Ilgan Sports Trophy at 1800M, which he led, and then the HRI Trophy over 1400M, finishing 5th and 4th. Both times he was beaten by one of today’s rivals, but he looks nicely in here at the sometimes-awkward mile start to sit handy and then prove too strong late on. (8) PREEMAX returned to action after nearly four months out on October 1st when he ran an on-pace 4th at class and distance. He doesn’t have an apprentice claim today so he comes up a full 5kg in the weights, but he does have Antonio aboard and he should have derived benefit from that run. He can go close. (7) BAEKSAEK GWANGCHAE beat Forever Dream when 2nd in the Ilgan Sports and he comes in having secured another runner-up finish at this class over 1800M in September. The mile can suit, and he can be a danger. So too (10) NIMUI HYANGGI, who ran 3rd to Forever Dream’s 4th in the HRI Trophy. He has experience of the distance and while the widest gate is unhelpful, he can challenge. (1) BLUE CHITON another in the minor money frame.
|Selections||(3) Forever Dream (8) Preemax (7) Baeksaek Gwangchae (10) Nimui Hyanggi|
|Next Best||1, 5|
|Fast Start||4, 6, 8, 9|
Seoul Race 8: Class 3 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(3) SARYEONI FIRST comes in having won his latest two and is set to be a warm favourite to complete a hat-trick here. Those wins both came at class 4 level over this distance, but he also has a 4th place to his name in the Minister’s Cup (final leg of the Triple Crown) carrying the same weight as he does today, so from a good draw, he ought to be able to measure up. (6) CHOEGANG PARTY comes in off 2nd place at class and distance on September 17th. He is at the same weight today and can be competitive again. (2) JEONGMUN ACE had a poor day at the office last time out, but he is a class and distance winner this year and his form leading up to last time was solid. He is worthy of another chance here. (10) MIGHTY WELL returned from five months out to run 2nd over a mile in August. He comes up 3kg as a result but looks at least a place line in this company. (5) SPRING KING had a hard time on his only previous attempt at this distance but has since posted some decent results at shorter and looks ready for another crack.
|Selections||(3) Saryeoni First (6) Choegang Party (2) Jeongmun Ace (10) Mighty Well|
|Next Best||5, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 8, 9|
Seoul Race 9: Class 4 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
After running 2nd on debut, (11) WORLD CHARM has won three in a row, rising rapidly through the classes. His latest win was at this class though, on September 17th over 1300M when making all as he has done for all his wins so far. He comes up a full 5kg in the weights and the draw is not in his favour, but he has plenty of ability and that can see him home on top again. (1) CHOEGANG BLADE has raced sparingly and comes in off a nice 3rd place over 1200M in August. Having drawn wide that day, he can get an easier run to the front and can be considered for improvement. (7) SMART JEONSA was a close 3rd over class and distance on September 18th, settling back and running on. Under today’s handicap conditions he is very nicely treated and can be dangerous again. (8) YONGHOJIMA and (10) YONGAM BOSS among others in the placing frame.
|Selections||(11) World Charm (1) Choegang Blade (7) Smart Jeonsa (8) Yonghojima|
|Next Best||10, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 8, 11, 12|
Seoul Race 10: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(10) P N S LUCKY ran out a strong winner over a mile on September 17th having raced handy throughout. Earlier this year she took part in Seoul’s Classic Trial as well as in two legs of the Filly Triple Crown. This is her first time back at six furlongs since she was a juvenile but there is no reason why it can’t suit, and she is the one to beat here. (11) GREEN DRAGON is a winner of two from five so far and is up in class following an all the way score over this distance on September 18th. She may need some luck at the start from the wide draw, but she can measure up in this company. (1) GEOSEN DOLPUNG enters in good form with a 3rd and a 2nd from his latest two, both over this distance. He likes to be on pace so the inside gate should be to his benefit, and he has solid claims. (7) SINUI HANSU and (4) MJ POINT others in the hunt.
|Selections||(10) P N S Lucky (11) Green Dragon (1) Geosen Dolpung (7) Sinui Hansu|
|Next Best||4, 12|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 10, 11|