With Seoul being off this weekend, Busan hosts a rare Saturday meeting with 8 races from 16:40 to 21:00. Here are the previews:
Busan Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
Maiden three-year-olds. We’ll take a chance on the solitary debut-maker. (9) RAP VERSA went through two trials, crossing the line 2nd and 1st, both in good times. He settled back before running on suggesting that 1200M is a good distance for him to start at, and he can put in a bold showing. (6) GEUMA UNO has run twice with seven months between appearances. He ran an improved 5th when overcoming gate nine to race handy to the lead on July 17th. He should have come on for that run and from a better gate, has every chance here. That will mean overturning the form on (7) MIGHTY STORM, who finished slightly ahead of him in that July 17th race. That was his second consecutive 4th place finish and he should be on pace and in this a long way. (2) NICE DAY ran three times without distinction around the turn of the year. He returns here having been gelded, looked much better in a trial and could be a different prospect. The experienced (8) WONDERFUL SMARTY another to consider.
|Selections||(9) Rap Versa (6) Geuma Uno (7) Mighty Storm (2) Nice Day|
|Next Best||8, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 6, 7|
Busan Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
(6) SPEED MAST may be ready to win here. He is yet to finish any better than 4th from ten attempts but is rarely too far away and has the fastest time among these for the distance. In this field, he should be close to the pace and with Perovic climbing aboard, he has every chance. (3) MA GUN debuted in a slowly run race over 1400M on July 8th, finishing 5th of ten. He should have come on for that experience and with some natural improvement can go closer today. (7) LET IT GO gets a nice light weight with an apprentice rider engaged. She got a bit far back from a wide draw on her latest outing but if we go on her 3rd place over 1200M in a fair time two starts back, she can enter the calculations here. (1) TAKE ADELE and (5) SORI TAEPUNG are others in the placing frame.
|Selections||(6) Speed Mast (3) Ma Gun (7) Let It Go (1) Take Adele|
|Next Best||5, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 6, 9|
Busan Race 3: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
It’s hard to look past (5) JOSEPHINE QUEEN here. Her win came at class 6 level over 1200M in June but she ran well for a close 2nd at this class and distance on July 7th, leading in the straight only to be beaten by the favourite, Haneul Jeonsa. That day she was prominent throughout whereas when she won she came from off the pace so she is versatile and is likely to be a hot favourite. (1) HUIMANG PUNCH had a poor day at the office on her first try at this class on July 8th. Draw a line through that and instead go on her all the way win over this distance at class 6 level on June 10th and she is worth another chance today. (6) HAVANA JANE has proven competitive at this level. She has run good times at this distance and can be a factor today. (10) HANEUL JILJU and (8) TWO TWO BRAIN among others capable of challenging for the minors.
|Selections||(5) Josephine Queen (1) Huimang Punch (6) Havana Jane (10) Haneul Jilju|
|Next Best||8, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 6, 10|
Busan Race 4: Class 5 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(6) YONGGARI has his fair share of weight but he is accustomed to that and looks ready to win again here. He only has one victory to his name, at 1300M at class 6 level in April, but he has since registered two 3rd places and a 2nd in three class 5 attempts at distances between 1200M and a mile. In today’s company he can sit behind the early speed and should prove too strong at the business end of the race. The most credible challenger is (5) GREAT ONE. He comes in having won at class and distance on July 17th when sitting handy and then running on well. He comes up 3kg in the weights but can be competitive again. (9) QUEEN STAR has raced well in her latest two over 1300M, running on both times. She may appreciate another crack at 1400M. (2) CHOEGANG FORCE and (4) MY SONG are both up in class following last start wins at this distance. They did it in contrasting styles with Choegang Force settling back and coming from off the pace while My Song was handy. Both can measure up in this company.
|Selections||(6) Yonggari (5) Great One (9) Queen Star (2) Choegang Force|
|Next Best||4, 1|
|Fast Start||4, 9, 10, 11|
Busan Race 5: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(7) CROWD ONE comes up in class having won in fine style over this distance on July 3rd, making all in a good time. That day’s runner-up (Queen Allie) went on to win at this class last week and Crowd One can be on the pace again here and once more go all the way. (4) TWO TWO COIN has run fairly in two outings at this class since winning over this distance at class 6 level in May. She remains nicely weighted, is well drawn here to get on or close to the pace, and can be in this a long way. (3) ARTIE’S GAL was a class and distance winner two starts back when handy all the way. She had a hard time from a wide draw on her latest appearance when she was slowly away, but from a better gate should be a different prospect today. (5) WORLD FLOWER and (1) BABEL PHOENIX others in the frame.
|Selections||(7) Crowd One (4) Two Two Coin (3) Artie’s Gal (5) World Flower|
|Next Best||1, 6|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 7, 8|
Busan Race 6: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(3) SHAKA comes in off two good wins at this distance to come rapidly up in class. His times haven’t been special but he’s looked competent enough and from a good draw, he will be expected to complete a hat-trick of wins here. The main danger is (6) DOKBO. Similar to Shaka, she won back-to-back races to get quickly promoted to this level and she then ran a solid 5th on her first class 4 attempt on July 1st. She does come up a little in weight, but can be on pace here and can go close. (7) HALLA NURI has the fastest time of any of these at the distance and while she can mix here form, she looks nicely in here. (10) DONGBU WORLD had a poor day at the office on his first try at this class on July 8th but is worth another chance here. (11) CHEONGHO BOSS the best of the rest.
|Selections||(3) Shaka (6) Dokbo (7) Halla Nuri (10) Dongbu World|
|Next Best||11, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 6, 8|
Busan Race 7: Class 4 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
It’s been a while between drinks for (1) DAEHO JEONSEOL with his solitary win coming on his second start last December. Since then though he has finished outside the top four on only one occasion and that was when 8th of fifteen in the Korean Derby at Seoul in May. He draws nicely here and it could be his day. (9) MAN OF THE WORLD finally broke through over 1400M at this class at the twenty-eighth time of asking on June 26th, making all. He comes up a full 5kg on the weights but should be able to get to the lead again and can be in this a long way. (4) STAR CATCH is up in class having won her latest two over 1400M. This is quite a big step up but she looks to have scope for further development and can be competitive. (5) K K WON and (7) QUEEN HARLEY are others in the frame.
|Selections||(1) Daeho Jeonseol (9) Man Of The World (4) Star Catch (5) K K Won|
|Next Best||7, 3|
|Fast Start||5, 9, 10, 11|
Busan Race 8: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(1) SSONSAL CHEOREOM comes up in class following back-to-back victories at this distance at class level, both times sitting handy to the speed before running on to score comfortably in good times. He comes down in the weights from the latest of those, draws very nicely on this inside and can continue on his merry way here. (2) CATCH THE VICTORY is also up in class as he returns to action following four months out. He was last seen winning well over this distance at class 4 level in June and won a trial in a very fast time last week. So long as he didn’t leave his race in the heat, he has strong claims here. (6) B.K. LOOKS was a slightly unexpected winner at class and distance on July 17th but while he comes up 3.5kg in weight here, he did beat three of today’s rivals and warrants respect. One of those was (8) GREAT GOOD was 3rd in that race, following on from a strong 2nd the time before. She looks nicely in again and can go close. (7) ONE PICK among others in the placing frame.
|Selections||(1) Ssonsal Cheoreom (2) Catch The Victory (6) B.K. Looks (8) Great Good|
|Next Best||7, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 10, 11|