Sunday’s racing is at Seoul (10 races from 10:45 to 18:00) and Busan (6 races from 12:05 to 17:00). Both meetings will be run behind closed doors but the Jeju Racecourse as well as OCBs at Daegu, Gwangju and Cheonan will be open for betting. Here are the previews:
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
(3) CHEON CHONG gets his chance here following a good 3rd place over 1400M where he led until close to the line. He’s got a nice draw here to get prominent early and has a winning chance. (6) DASI DUSON has been competitive in her latest two. She was a close 6th at 1300M in January before running 2nd at this distance on March 7th, leading and battling on in the straight. She will challenge for the lead and has claims. (10) ILHYANG DALMA has placed twice from three starts and beat a number of these when 3rd last time out. She hung a little in the straight but finished off well enough and improvement is possible. (7) MISS YANGHO is the only previous winner in the field having struck three starts back at this distance in a good time. She was slow away last start but ran on well and can be considered. (11) GREEN FEELSTAR did nothing wrong when 4th on debut at the distance and is another with potential to improve.
|Selections||(3) Cheon Chong (6) Dasi Duson (10) Ilhyang Dalma (7) Miss Yangho|
|Next Best||11, 4|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 10, 11|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
Fillies and mares only here. (5) THE QUEEN JUSTICE ran a super race last start over this distance. She overcame the widest gate to run on speed the whole way around and only to go down narrowly into 2nd place. She gets a much better draw this time and should have the run of the race. (1) NOKRICHONG is the only previous winner in the field. That came last start when she was shuffled back in the field early but rallied to run home strongly. From barrier 1 she can sit handy and finish strongly again. (10) EUNHYE PADO’s latest effort was better than it appears on paper as she was slowly away and then hampered which resulted in her being back and wide before running on fairly. She has placed at this distance and shouldn’t be overlooked. (14) REMEMBER WHEN has run some useful enough times for this class at 1200M. Given the draw she may need some luck but could sneak a place. (12) DELPHINI was much improved second-up making up good ground and the additional half furlong may suit.
|Selections||(5) The Queen Justice (1) Nokrichong (10) Eunhye Pado (12) Delphini|
|Next Best||14, 13|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 10, 13|
Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1400M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
(2) ALPHA DOK looks ready to win. He was a distant 3rd two starts back when hampered at the start before colliding with the running rail before running on creditably Last time he worked forwards to lead easily from a wide gate ultimately accounting for all but a good w inner, Raon Beat. Great draw here and he’s warm favourite. (14) DREAM FASHION has been on the improve of late and ran on late from a wide positon for a good 2nd place last start. The draw doesn’t do him any favours but it’s not as if he is a good starter anyway and he can run on. (10) QUEENS TOUR got buffeted all over the place early on last start before regaining her composure to run a strong 2nd. That was just her second start and she showed good maturity in adversity which she can build on here. (8) AMAZING QUEEN and (11) GEUMSEONG CHARMING the others who have hinted at ability.
|Selections||(2) Alpha Dok (10) Queens Tour (14) Dream Fashion (8) Amazing Queen|
|Next Best||11, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 8, 9, 11|
Busan Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
Fillies only here and while it is a bit risky to read too much into trials, (12) PUREUN JANGMI certainly looked the part in hers when 2nd in a fast time back in March having led for much of the heat. From the track’s top stable and with Perovic aboard, she probably starts favourite. Of those with experience, (6) MASTER QUEEN is the best. She led for most of the way around last start before being collared by a good winner at the distance. She is well drawn to lead again and will be there or thereabouts at the business end. So too should (8) PARTY INDY. Her best finish so far was last time over 1000M but she can get on pace here and stick to task. (9) GEUMA STARLET was promising enough on debut to warrant keeping an eye on while (11) DONGBANUI SIJAK is the only previous winner in the field and not to be overlooked either.
|Selections||(12) Pureun Jangmi (6) Master Queen (11) Dongbanui Sijak (8) Party Indy|
|Next Best||9, 14|
|Fast Start||6, 8, 10, 11|
Seoul Race 4: Class 6 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
(3) SERVE ACE is working up towards a win and has been strong in her latest two, both over 1300M. Last time out she was ridden early to get a handy position behind the leader and then stuck to task well for 2nd. The extra distance should suit and today could be her day. Main danger is (6) GO WELL, whose last start can be disregarded as it went anything but well with him losing any chance at the start. He has some good form behind him though and has placed at 1400M. He is another whose style should suit the two-turns. (8) LONDON HEAT is one of just three who have raced at this distance already. That was two starts back when he overcame a wide trip to briefly strike the front in the home straight before being headed. Place chances here. (12) HAWKUI YEONGGWANG also has place chances. He was a close 3rd last time out on a wet track over 1300M. (7) ISTHMUS has run on pleasingly enough in both previous outings and is another who may appreciate more distance.
|Selections||(3) Serve Ace (6) Go Well (8) London Heat (12) Hawkui Yeonggwang|
|Next Best||7, 10|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 8, 9|
Busan Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
Tricky one here. The only prior winner in the field is (10) BEASTLY and it came last start when he scored emphatically gate to wire over 1200M. That was in December and he hasn’t raced since but he did trial up last week in a fast time and so long as he didn’t leave his race back there, then he has every chance of returning a winner. (14) ECHO RUSH is perhaps the main danger. He weakened for 5th when well positioned last start over 1400M but has shown good form at 1200M and should be happier splitting the difference today. He doesn’t need to lead so should be able to deal with the wide draw. (5) DARUI BADA finished ahead of Echo Rush last time so does warrant respect even if a place line looks the most realistic for her here. (11) DOCTOR FAITH has places in two of three outing so far, all of them at 1200M. He runs on strong so should appreciate the small increase in trip. (1) ACE GUY, 4th behind Doctor Faith last time on what was just his second start, looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(14) Echo Rush (10) Beastly (11) Doctor Faith (5) Darui Bada|
|Next Best||1, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 10, 14|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 28 Million
Fillies and mares only here. (8) HAPPY SOCKS is an on-pace galloper who looks worthy of thought here. She went a bit wide over 1300M last start but still ran a good 2nd place. Moon Se Young remains aboard and she has claims here. (1) LONDON ACTIVE has proven she can run competitive times. She led from the outside gate last time out and battled on worthily ultimately ending up 7th, beaten by a couple of others who go here. Today’s barrier brings her into it so expect her to lead and to be in the finish. (6) RAON SPECIAL has solid form and her last start can be disregarded when she worked hard from the outside gate to lead before weakening over 1400M. Back in trip today she looks a definite chance. (2) HWANGGEUM POWER and (5) S. TAKE, the two who bat London Active last time out, are both in the hunt. Up in class, (10) BAEKRANG will need to improve but is not without hope.
|Selections||(8) Happy Socks (1) London Active (6) Raon Special (2) Hwanggeum Power|
|Next Best||5, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 12, 13|
Busan Race 3: Class 6 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
Two standouts here. (3) YEONGGWANGUIRUNNER has shown consistent recent form and while he remains winless in twelve attempts, he does have the fastest time of any of these over a mile which he achieved when beating three of today’s rivals on his way to 3rd place on March 13th. He tends to come from way back so leaving himself too much to do is a worry, but if he can be kept close then he has very good claims. (7) ALIVE CAPTAIN races for just the third time. He has finished 2nd and 3rd in his two previous starts, both times coming from well back and running on strong. He has every chance of appreciating the step up in trip here. (4) S. L. KING similarly showed promise across two starts so far, most recently when 4th over 1400M. Well drawn to sit handy, he should be in the finish. (6) CRYSTAL THINKING and (12) KWAEHAN HWANGGEUM are others with placing chances.
|Selections||(7) Alive Captain (3) Yeonggwanguirunner (4) S.L. King (6) Crystal Thinking|
|Next Best||12, 5|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 8, 12|
Seoul Race 6: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 28 Million
(12) TK BOY is always competitive, never having finished outside the top three. He beat three of these on his way to 2nd place on March 14th. He has run good times at 1200M and the small step up to 1300M shouldn’t be a problem. His style is to be back in the field and be on so the barrier isn’t an issue but as is often the case with closers at Seoul, may just need a little luck to ensure he gets there in time. (14) ENERGIZER was 3rd behind TK Boy last month continuing his consistent run of form. He goes best when leading or at least close to the pace so the outside gate isn’t ideal but there isn’t a huge amount of speed to his inside so he comes into the considerations. (4) SPOT FLATTER is up in class but down in weight following a good win at this distance in February and should be competitive. (1) CHEONJI ULLIM and (8) CUPID BISANG are others in the placing frame.
|Selections||(12) TK Boy (14) Energizer (4) Spot Flatter (8) Cupid Bisang|
|Next Best||1, 11|
|Fast Start||3, 7, 9, 14|
Busan Race 4: Class 5 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 28 Million
(4) BABY LINE is the likely favourite here. He’s won two of his latest three and while it was assisted by a wet and fast track, the time he registered when winning at this distance on March 13th was impressive. He is up in class today but that shouldn’t be an issue at all. (7) MIRACLE SON had a poor day at the office when 8th over 1200M last start but had previously racked up two good wins. He steps up to 1400M for the first time today and looks set to be one of the primary dangers. (2) MARK ACE is another. She has been very consistent and while she was a well beaten 5th at class and distance last start, she was always chasing from a wide gate and has drawn much better this time around. (1) HIT THE ROAD and (14) ROCK PEGASUS are others who come in off reasonable performances in their respective latest outings and who can be considered for the minor money.
|Selections||(4) Baby Line (2) Mark Ace (7) Miracle Son (1) Hit The Road|
|Next Best||14, 12|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 6, 7|
Seoul Race 7: Class 4 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 35 Million
(2) RAON THE FIGHTER picks himself here having won three from three so far, all by big margins and all in times that would be competitive in a higher grade than this. He has drawn great and it’s hard to imagine him getting beaten. (3) LADY KELLY resumes here for the first time since November. She won a trial in good order a couple of weeks ago and while 1400M first-up may be a tough ask, she can race handily or on pace and is sure to be in the mix. (4) RAPIDO ARES was a last start winner at class 5. He is up in class but considerably down in weight and that, combined with a nice draw, brings her into the picture. (12) CHEONJI YEOGEOL is a filly with solid form at this class. She was a distance 2nd to Raon The Fighter last start but is versatile in that she can lead or be midfield and run on and such is the speed in this race that the wide draw may not be a bad thing. (5) GYEORYONGDEUKSU showed signs of coming back into form with a 2nd place over 1200M last time out and is another with placing hopes.
|Selections||(2) Raon The Fighter (3) Lady Kelly (4) Rapido Ares (12) Cheonji Yeogeol|
|Next Best||5, 10|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 5, 9|
Busan Race 5: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 42 Million
Really competitive race this with three standouts. Likely favourite is (2) YONGYEON, He was an outstanding winner over 1400M on March 6th and steps back to a distance he has won at as well. He usually settles handy and is well drawn to do so again. We’re going to take him on though with (4) ILNYEOM TONCHEONG. He was a strong winner in a fast time at this distance on March 13th and while he is up in class here, he carries a feather weight on his back and has every chance. So too does (6) QUEEN OF THE WORLD. An all the way winner at this distance last November, she has since followed up with two runner-up finishes, the latter at this class. The only time she has finished outside the top five was in last year’s Oaks and she is a real chance here. Those three look a cut above but (5) WONDERFUL PEACE and (14) SYDNEY MANGCHI are not without merit either and can be competitive.
|Selections||(4) Ilnyeom Tongcheon (2) Yongyeon (6) Queen Of The World (14) Sydney Mangchi|
|Next Best||5, 12|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 6, 13|
Seoul Race 8: Class 4 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 35 Million
(7) JANGSAN MISSILE selects himself following two consecutive wins. The latest of those was at 1700M in a good time and while he does carry an additional 3.5kg today, he will be strongly backed to score again against mediocre opposition. (8) SAENAE IRENE is still a maiden but has shown ability. Her last run over this distance, when she beat a couple of these on her way to 5th, was better than it first appears as she was a touch slow away then midfield and wide before battling home well. (2) OKRYONG had been relatively consistent in this class up to 1300M and then following three months off came straight up to 1700M, He should be fitter for that and a nice draw brings him into the calculations. (9) JEOLYE has won at this class and has the benefit on an apprentice claim while (3) DOLGYEOK APEURO is rarely too far away and looks in line for another minor money finish.
|Selections||(7) Jangsan Missile (8) Saenae Irene (9) Jeolye (2) Okryong|
|Next Best||3, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 9, 10, 12|
Busan Race 6: Class 1 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(14) MR. AFLEET has consistently registered some very good times at this distance. He only raced twice in the whole of 2020 but began this year with a very nice score in a fast time over a mile in early February. He has since been back to trial, in which he looked very sharp just last week and regardless of the wide draw, he can win again today. He gets a full 8kg off (1) GREAT KING, who is probably his primary rival. The older horse is quite accustomed to that though and was a winner in an overall tougher race than this at this distance two starts back. (12) SMART PRINCE and (13) GOOD CASTING both come in off the back of good place finishes last time out and can be competitive again. (2) SILLAUI JEONSEOL, a stablemate of Mr. Afleet, comes back up in trip following a decent 3rd over 1400M last start and is another with minor money hopes.
|Selections||(14) Mr. Afleet (1) Great King (13) Good Casting (12) Smart Prince|
|Next Best||2, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 9, 14|
Seoul Race 9: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 42 Million
(10) YEONGHWAS FLYING is a lightly-raced mare with a record of four wins from seven starts. She likes the distance and is a last start winner who, while up in class, is down in weight and is the one to beat here. (5) RIDE LUCKY is worth consideration following a good 2nd last start when racing handily. He finished off strongly and a repeat of that puts him into contention. Also in contention is (13) MENI CHAMP. He has good recent form, beating plenty of today’s rivals along the way. He goes better when on pace so will have to work hard early but today’s distance suits. (11) K TOP KING can have his latest start, when he was well back behind Ride Lucky, disregarded. He had to work very hard to cross the field from gate 13 to lead until the 300M. Today he can race handy instead and finish off strong. (8) BLUE FIRE is another in the hunt.
|Selections||(10) Yeonghwas Flying (5) Ride Lucky (13) Meni Champ (11) K Top King|
|Next Best||8, 12|
|Fast Start||5, 6, 10, 11|
Seoul Race 10: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 50 Million
(8) MENI HERO comes in after a hat-trick of wins at this distance and will start a justifiable favourite even though up in class. He is an on-pace galloper and there will be a lot of speed in this race so tactics may come into play, but he is the one to beat. (5) MARK STORY resumed after a six-month absence and did just about everything wrong when 5th with four of these in front of him. He was very wide all the way and appeared to hang round the corner. He is of course much better than that run suggests and he has a better draw today. At his best, he wins, but we’ll have to take that on trust. (10) CHARLIE STYLE is another talented galloper who comes up in class today. He has won at this distance in a time that suggests he can be competitive here. (1) JEONGJOUI KKUM won the Mark Story race last start at good odds. This is harder but he has drawn the inside and should be a factor. (14) FLORIDA POWER perhaps the best of a competitive rest.
|Selections||(8) Meni Hero (5) Mark Story (10) Charlie Style (1) Jeongjoui Kkum|
|Next Best||14, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 10, 13|