The weekend’s racing kicks off on the South Coast on Friday with Busan Racecourse hosting 11 races from 11:30 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maidens to kick things off with only two of the ten having previous racing experience. And those two are likely to be at the head of the betting market. (10) MIRACLE DREAMING debuted back on October 11th and ran 4th, despite running off with two furlongs to go and finishing the race on the grandstand rail. He got sent back to trial, which he won, and if he fixes his manners today, is in with a real chance. (1) MAN OF THE WORLD debuted the same day last month and ran 7th in a useful time. He should have come on for that and is the main danger. Of the first-time starters, (6) TOP LUCKY was a trial winner and will be backed first-up while (2) MORNING THUNDER and (9) BAEDARI SUNSHINE also looked competent in their respective heats.
|Selections||(10) Miracle Dreaming (1) Man Of The World (6) Top Lucky (9) Baedari Sunshine|
|Next Best||2, 5|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 9, 10|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
More juvenile maidens and once more just two of the ten have raced before. Once more they’ll be the market leaders. (9) HALLA BIHO ran 2nd on debut on October 4th, beaten by the same filly who beat her in her trial. It was a good time and she looks the one to beat here. (6) PINEUI KKUM has raced twice and in between those had the distinction of finishing ahead of Triple Nine in a trial. His latest outing saw home run 5th over 1300M four weeks ago, leading for part of the way around and dropping back in trip today, he should continue to improve. Turning to the debut-makers. (1) K.B. BOSS ran 2nd in a fast trial earlier this month and looks to be the pick of them while (2) K-POP DANCER and (5) BURNING FLY are others who demonstrated some potential.
|Selections||(9) Halla Biho (6) Pineui Kkum (1) K.B. Boss (2) K-Pop Dancer|
|Next Best||5, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 6, 9|
Race 3: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
More maidens and (7) JEONSEOLUI PUNCH is banker favourite of the day. At least he’ll almost certainly be the shortest priced. He didn’t do much on debut in September but has since run in a 3rd and a 2nd and was only beaten a neck last start on October 25th. He’ll be on pace here and it’s hard to see him getting beaten. (4) RAINBOW PARK and (1) WONDERFUL IJI are the only others in the race to have a runner-up finish to their names. In the case of Rainbow Park, it was last start four weeks ago and he can build on it here. Wonderful Iji meanwhile is one race into a comeback following seven months out and should improve on the 5th she scored that day. (3) CHARGE POWER and (6) WONDERFUL CITY have placing claims.
|Selections||(7) Jeonseolui Punch (4) Rainbow Park (1) Wonderful Iji (6) Wonderful City|
|Next Best||3, 5|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 7, 10|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(3) DREAM CHASER was a much improved 2nd on what was his fourth start on October 18th. It wasn’t a strong race and he was seven-lengths behind the winner, but his time was good, and he can challenge again here. (8) WAKANDA has hinted at ability over four appearances to date and having been slowly away, ran on well for 6th on his first try at this distance last start. The jockey booking will turn a few heads today. (7) SAEROUN SEUNGJA finished ahead of Wakanda three starts back and managed a 5th in better company than this last time out. He’s a little one-paced but should have enough about him to be close here. (4) INDIAN CHUJANG and (5) MYEONGGA DAERO are other who may improve.
|Selections||(8) Wakanda (3) Dream Chaser (7) Saeroun Seungja (4) Indian Chujang|
|Next Best||5, 1|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 11|
Race 5: Class 6 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Small field for the final maiden of the day. (5) DOCTOR SKY should have the edge. An also-ran in the GC Trophy on his second career start, he stepped up to this trip last time and beat a couple of his rivals here on his way to a solid 2nd place. He should be on pace from the start today and can win. The pair he beat in that race, (8) JANGGUNEUI JILJU and (7) NAGWON DAERO are both capable of improving on their last start finishes although a bigger threat may turn out to be (2) KING OF JOY. He’s two starts into a comeback following six months off and ran a good 4th last time out two weeks ago over 1300M. (1) TEXAS GONGJU another who can challenge for some minor money.
|Selections||(5) Doctor Sky (2) King of Joy (8) Jangguneui Jilju (7) Nagwon Daero|
|Next Best||1, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 5|
Race 6: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(7) IRON WARRIOR comes in having run a good 2nd in a similar strength race to this on October 13th, beating a couple of these in the process. That day’s winner has gone on to win again and from a handy position, Iron Warrior can go on to win today. (10) TANGENT returned to action for the first time since January to run 3rd over this distance on October 27th and should be able to build on it here while (3) FIRST SHINHWA enters with recent form reading well and is set to challenge for another place today. (12) MALIBU TAEYANG was sent off as favourite on his return from a lengthy absence on November 1st only to record his third 3rd place finish. That race was won by (11) STAR LINE. Malibu Taeyang will be expected to overturn that form today but will need to improve if he is to challenge even for another 3rd.
|Selections||(7) Iron Warrior (10) Tangent (3) First Shinhwa (12) Malibu Taeyang|
|Next Best||4, 8|
|Fast Start||4, 8, 10, 11|
Race 7: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(8) SECRET LEGACY returned from seven months out to secure her maiden win over this distance on October 25th. Accordingly, she is up in class today but looks to have scope for more improvement and can win again. (7) FINAL DREAM has a 3rd and a 2nd in two starts at this level since getting her maiden win in August. She surely has more wins in her at this distance and will be challenging Secret Legacy for the early lead. Those two look head and shoulders above the rest although (1) NEOLBEUN GOEUL is better than his latest two efforts would suggest and he can go close while (3) MATCH WINNER and (5) HWANGGEUMBITMASENG can compete for the minor money.
|Selections||(8) Secret legacy (7) Final Dream (1) Neolbeun Geoul (3) Match Winner|
|Next Best||5, 2|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 8|
Race 8: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(10) QUEEN OF THE WORLD ran out an impressive four-length winner having made all on debut over 1000M on October 6th. She is up in class and in distance today but looks well-equipped to handle both and can win again. It won’t be easy though as this is a strong race for the level. (11) CHEONGDAM FIRE also steps up in class having won on debut, in his case over this distance three weeks ago. The time wasn’t especially fast, and he has more to find but he can be considered. (1) MS. UP had a disappointing day at the office on her latest start but has proven adept at the distance before and can be given another chance here. (12) PERDIDO ROCKET remains a maiden but ran well for 5th at this class on a wet track last start and can aim for higher here. The experienced (2) INTERCEPTOR ran 4th in a similar strength race to this two weeks ago, and also looks in the placing frame.
|Selections||(10) Queen Of The World (11) Cheongdam Fire (1) Ms. Up (2) Interceptor|
|Next Best||12, 5|
|Fast Start||4, 10, 12|
Race 9: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(9) LION SUN hasn’t been seen since finishing an also-ran in the KRA Cup Mile back in April. He had won two from four prior to that and comes in here having won a trial in sharp fashion in October. If he can show anything like his original form, he is right in this. (5) MORNING BRAVO and (6) B. K. VICTOR are both up in class having registered their respective maiden victories on their latest starts. Both should be competitive with the latter perhaps having more potential for improvement. (7) ON DAY is a touch inconsistent but has won at this class already and looks nicely in here. (3) NAEGA DAESE looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(9) Lion Sun (6) B.K. Victor (5) Morning Bravo (7) On Day|
|Next Best||3, 8|
|Fast Start||5, 7, 9|
Race 10: Class 3 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(2) GWANGHWAMUN SIDAE ran 3rd on his first try ay class and distance on October 6th, well beaten by a good winner but showing plenty of potential to make it at this level. He’s a winner of four from ten lifetime starts and can win again here. (6) IGGYDA ran well for 5th in a better race than this last month. He was only half a length behind 3rd place and will be a major danger today, likely leading from the start. (5) SAKISAKI was a creditable 5th in the Gyeongnam Governor’s Cup last month and can get closer in today’s shallower waters. (4) BAENGMANDORI and (7) FINE TRUMPET – the latter still class 4 eligible – are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(2) Gwanghwamun Sidae (6) Iggyda (5) Sakisaki (7) Fine Trumpet|
|Next Best||4, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 6|
Race 11: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
A winner of five from ten in total and of his latest three consecutively, (6) POWER TOUCH is making his way rapidly up the classes. This is his first try at class 2 but he’s already posted the kind of times that should see him successful at this level and he can win today. Also tackling class 2 for the first time is the equally promising (11) SEOBU CAT. He was a good winner over third distance last time and can give the favourite a run for his money. (3) SUPER STORM and (1) HAWK KING came home 3rd and 4th with just a nose between them when they raced each other at class and distance on October 18th and both should be competitive today. (7) DANGDAE GEOHAM was a further three-lengths back in 5th that day and is best of the rest here.
|Selections||(6) Power Touch (11) Seobu Cat (1) Hawk King (3) Super Storm|
|Next Best||7, 9|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 8, 10|