It’s set to be a very mild Sunday and there are big cards at both Seoul and Busan. The captial hosts 11 races from 10:45 to 18:00 while at Busan there are 6 from 12:40 to 17:05. Here are previews of both tracks:
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(5) SENTOSA has been knocking at the door and got close to being let in last time when just being beaten a neck over this distance in December. She’s had over two months off since and is well drawn to get on pace and potentially go all the way. (3) DAEJI YEOGEOL is the main danger and likely favourite. While she only managed 5th over 1300M last time, she’s gone well at this trip before and looks to have plenty of improvement in her. (1) BORN ANGEL ran 2md on his last try at the distance and should be close while (2) SOBAEK YEONGJU and (4) GIVEN RUNNER are others in the placing hunt.
|Selections||(5) Sentosa (3) Daeji Yeogeol (1) Born Angel (2) Sobaek Yeongju|
|Next Best||4, 10|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 7, 10, 11|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(6) BLACK PARTY is set to be a warm favourite here. Having run 5th n debut in December, he improved to a good 2nd when put up to this distance on his reappearance last month and should have too much for this lot. (11) HAERANG didn’t look to be amounting to much across her first three outings but has improved significantly in her latest two and can continue to make progress today. She was 3rd last time ahead of (12) HIT THE PACE in 5th and he’s another with potential to go better here. (2) DIA PARK steps up in trip for the first time and should be competitive while (7) HAMYANG SANSAM could only manage 7th on her first try at this distance four weeks ago but may have come on for that and can be closer this time.
|Selections||(6) Black Party (11) Haerang (12) Hit The Pace (2) Dia Park|
|Next Best||7, 4|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 7|
Seoul Race 3: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(10) MYEONGJIN MAN is the one to beat here. He only ran 4th when favourite on his latest start on January 6th but he was fractious in the barriers and lost ground at the start. He passed a subsequent stalls test and should be better today. It’s a similar story with (1) PARRHESIA, who stumbled at the start last time and never really recovered. That was over 1700M, so we’ll give him another chance here as he won impressively at this distance in December. (8) TRI THUNDER steps up in trip and into contention here while (3) MAPAEBONG and (4) MENI SMART are others who can be forgiven lacklustre latest outings and should both be in the frame today.
|Selections||(10) Myeongjin Man (1) Parrhesia (8) Tri Thunder (4) Meni Smart|
|Next Best||3, 5|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 6|
Seoul Race 4: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(6) BEST STAR made all to win by five-lengths on debut at this distance on January 19th. He’s up in class here but the manner of that win is enough to put him on top for a repeat. (9) SOMETHING NOBODYNO was almost as easy on the eye when scoring on what was his second career start a month ago. He too led all the way and looks to have what it takes to handle himself at this level and beyond. (3) RAISING ANGEL won on debut just before Christmas and then finished a creditable 4th on her first try at this level in similar company last month. She can build on that today. Draw a line through the latest effort from (1) POP STREET – he suffered a bad start and was later found to be lame – after almost three months off, he gets a fresh start. (2) DAMON ANGEL too is better than his latest outing suggests.
|Selections||(6) Best Star (9) Something Nobodyno (1) Pop Street (3) Raising Angel|
|Next Best||2, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 6, 11|
Busan Race 1 Selections: 8, 5, 2, 7
Seoul Race 5: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Fillies and mares only and it’s a strong race for the level. (8) DADDY GLORY has won two out of her latest three in fine fashion and is up in class following a four-length score last time. She can set up camp behind the early speed and finish strongly. Plenty of others with a chance too though. (4) MATCH QUEEN is up in class too after a seven-length win at 1000M and while a previous try at this distance didn’t go well, she looks ready for another crack. (9) ACE SOLONGO has won twice at this distance and comes in after a close 3rd in a similarly strong race over 1000M last month. (3) GONG SAN was a class and distance winner in December and must be respected while (11) BODEURAM too has solid claims for at least a place.
|Selections||(8) Daddy Glory (9) Ace Solongo (3) Gong San (4) Match Queen|
|Next Best||11, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 6, 12|
Busan Race 2: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(2) GREAT WIN is up in class following a dominant win at this distance on January 18th. Well drawn to be on speed again, he has every chance of following up. (3) POWER AMAZING was a touch disappointing last time but has a 3rd place at class and distance and top jockey on here. (11) LUCKY ADELE steps up in distance for the first time and can get close. (7) NEW JACK SWING is another who has demonstrated some ability at this trip (more…)