There is a big 13-race card at Seoul on Saturday running from 10:45 to 18:00. The feature race of the day is the Gwacheon Mayor’s Cup, Seoul’s heat in the 2nd leg of the Juvenile Series:
Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
This is an especially weak maiden and while (7) BARAMUI MISO hasn’t been hugely impressive across her two starts so far, his 3rd – in similar strength company to this – and 5th – in stronger – suggest that with any kind of improvement at all, she should win, Next best is (2) TAP LUCK, who improved to 5th on his second outing last month and first at this distance. (1) SUPER CREED has shown some glimpses of ability too and while beaten by Tap Luck last time, can find the minor money here. (6) VICAR BRACING and (8) BRAIN SPEEDER have only raced once apiece and can be given a chance to improve.
|Selections||(7) Baramui Miso (2) Tap Luck (1) Super Creed (8) Brain Speeder|
|Next Best||6, 9|
Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maidens here with six of the eleven racing for the very first time. Among those with prior experience, both (2) BLUE FIRE and (9) GEUMA ZENITH have raced twice each with both registering a 2nd on their respective latest outings. Blue Fire’s was at this distance while Geuma Zenith’s was a narrow defeat in a fast time over 1000M and accordingly steps up for first time today. Both look to have serious claims. Of the other three who have raced before, (7) KAHINAH looks the best. Among the first-timers, there are two standouts. (5) NIMUI HYANGGI and (10) FIGHTING HERO both won trials in fine fashion, the latter especially and both can be backed first-up.
|Selections||(2) Blue Fire (9) Geuma Zenith (10) Fighting Hero (5) Nimui Hyanggi|
|Next Best||7, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 5|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
This maiden is restricted to fillies only. (6) FIRST RANK put in a solid shift on debut six weeks ago, finishing 3rd over 1000M. She made a lot of ground late on in the race and the additional distance today could well suit. She’s the top pick. (3) GREEN Y was a much improved 2nd on her latest effort at the end of last month. It wasn’t a very strong race but he improvement was notable and she’s another who may benefit from having further to race. (9) WONDERFUL HEELS is another who showed demonstrable improvement on her latest outing and is one to consider. (2) SOKBO WANGWI is a little more experienced and has raced well at this distance already and looks a good shout to place while (8) QUEEN OF CAMP is another who should be in the hunt.
|Selections||(6) First Rank (3) Green Y (2) Sokbo Wangwi (8) Queen Of Camp|
|Next Best||9, 5|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4|
Race 4: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Every time he runs now, we make the same jokes about (6) UNDEFEATED being anything but, however, we’ll draw a line through his latest because he’s back down in distance today and in against opposition he has every chance of beating. He’s well drawn to get a decent start and he can return to the winner’s circle. (3) MIREU STORM and (12) WINNER BROWN are both up in class having landed their respective maiden wins. Both should be very competitive here with Winner Brown marginally the favoured of the two. (8) DAESEUNG AGAIN ran 5th on his first try at this class last start and can build on it today. At the other end of the experience scale, (5) SSONSALGACHI ran 2nd in a not too dissimilar race three weeks ago and can aim for a repeat on what will be her fifty-second career start.
|Selections||(6) Undefeated (12) Winner Brown (3) Mireu Storm (8) Daeseung Again|
|Next Best||5, 9|
|Fast Start||3, 7, 8, 9|
Race 5: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(9) CLEAN FLOWER has run 3rd and 5th in two outings at this level since getting her maiden win in July. Both times she’s more than held her own in stiff company and under Antonio Da Silva, she can win this, likely leading all the way. (10) HEUNG KKAEBI was a winner on debut on September 15th, over 1000M. She ran on well and should be able to handle both the higher class and increased distance with few problems. (12) RAON PRO SENSE and (8) KAILLUM YEOJE come in having finished 3rd and 4th respectively when they raced each other at 1000M at the end of September. With the extra furlong today, Kaillum Yeoje can reverse that form. (11) BODEURAM, 2nd last start at 1000M looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(9) Clean Flower (10) Heung Kkaebi (8) Kaillum Yeoje (12) Raon Pro Sense|
|Next Best||11, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 8, 9|
Race 6: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(4) GWANGPOK JUHAENG has been showing signs of figuring things out and after a 3rd place last start four weeks ago, he can make the breakthrough today. He’ll likely settle just behind the early pace which should be set by (1) LEADER’S CAMP. She also comes in following a 3rd place last start, albeit against slightly more modest opposition, and should go close again. Another one on speed will be (3) BLACK POKKYEOKGI. It’s been five months since his solitary outing so far but he looked good when making all in a trial earlier this month and could go well first up today. (6) GIVEN WEEKEND and (11) RAON STELLA are others who can go close.
|Selections||(4) Gwangpok Juhaeng (1) Leader’s Camp (11) Raon Stella (3) Black Pokkyeokgi|
|Next Best||6, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 3|
Race 7: Class 4 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
Imported maiden juveniles here and six of the eleven have raced before. (4) MUNHAK TSUNAMI was favourite on debut four weeks ago on the strength of a strong trial showing. He only managed to finish 2nd but it was a fast race and with any kind of improvement at all, will take some beating. Expect him to be an odds-on chance. (2) DARK PLAYER was four-lengths back in 3rd place that day and looks to be clear next best here too. Both are likely to be on the early speed. (5) SENSE JAENGI ran 2nd on debut in August before finishing 4th on re-appearance last month. He’ll need to improve to beat the top pair but should have the beating of most of the rest. Among the first-time starters, (6) GLOBAL BOSS a Cross Traffic colt, shoed some aptitude in his trial and looks the most likely to be competitive first-up.
|Selections||(4) Munhak Tsunami (2) Dark Player (5) Sense Jaengi (6) Global Boss|
|Next Best||1, 9|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 7|
Race 8: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(12) SOL PARANG has won two from three so far and is up in class following an eye-catching eleven-length score over 1000M on October 7th. He’s also up in distance but he should be ready for it. He doesn’t need to lead from the gate so the wide draw is no real hindrance and he’ll be a hot favourite. Also up in class is (10) WILD DRAGON. He prevailed by eight-lengths at 1300M on the last day of September and if he can get forward onto the pace, can be a real danger. A definite danger is (5) ALL OF ME. She’s won two of her last three including a shock class and distance win on September 29th in arguably stiffer company than this. It was a tight finish but she warrants more respect today. (4) FOREVER WINNER and (7) SILVER HERO are others who can challenge for at least places.
|Selections||(12) Sol Parang (10) Wild Dragon (5) All Of Me (4) Forever Winner|
|Next Best||7, 2|
|Fast Start||4, 9, 10, 11|
Race 9: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(2) SKANDA has a 5th and a 3rd from two efforts so far, the latest of which was at this distance on September 2nd. He can set up camp just behind the early lead here and has as much chance as any in what is a competitive race. (6) MUNHAK ARIARI didn’t do much on debut back in June but looked a much better prospect when blitzing a trial just last Saturday. So long as he hasn’t left his race there, we can expect a much better showing this time around. (4) BLUE MA STAR did nothing wrong when 5th on debut in late September, beating three of these in the process and can be considered for improvement. (10) CHOEGANG GOSU and (11) CHICAGO ART are both maidens with varying degrees of experience but both should be seeking at least a place finish here.
|Selections||(2) Skanda (6) Munhak Ariari (4) Blue Ma Star (10) Choegang Gosu|
|Next Best||11, 12|
|Fast Start||6, 11, 12|
Race 10: Class Open “Gwacheon Mayor’s Cup” (Listed) (1200M) Allowance / KRW 300 Million
Big listed race for juveniles with plenty of big prospects. (2) DAE WAN MA was two for two going into last month’s Munhwa Ilbo Cup. He crossed the line 1st but was disqualified for an incident right at the start. So long as he gets away in a straight line today, he can win this. (6) RAYMOND was promoted to the winner’s circle that day. He’s a prospect as well but will need to improve if he is to beat Dae Wan Ma purely on merit. (3) HEUNG OREUM is the most experienced in the race with four starts so far. He’s progressed across them as well, winning his latest two in fine fashion. He’ll join the likely cavalry charge for the early speed and can lead all the way. (1) DO KKI BLADE has a great name and more to the point ran really well for a six-length win in reasonable company in mid-September. (7) MYEONGPUM CHUKJE is two for two and beat some experienced types last time.
|Selections||(2) Dae Wan Ma (3) Heung Oreum (1) Do Kki Blade (7) Myeongpum Chukje|
|Next Best||6, 5, 14|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3, 8, 11|
Race 11: Class 4 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(4) HWANGGEUM JUMEONI has taken very well to this distance and comes in following a 3rd place at this class on September 30th. He’ll drop towards the rear from the gate and may well be too strong in the closing stages. (12) CLEAN UP SECRET finished just a length back in 4th in that same race. He’s got plenty of competitive experience at this level and can be a danger again. (7) WONDERFUL LUCKY beat three of these on his way to 3rd place at class and distance on September 29th, and can surely get close. One of those was (8) KYE RI, who went back to trial afterwards and can go better today. (1) CREMOA POWER and (9) BIG GARLAND are others who enter with recent form reading positively (Cremoa Power’s latest aside) and who can be considered for at least places.
|Selections||(4) Hwanggeum Jumeoni (12) Clean Up Secret (7) Wonderful Lucky (8) Kye Ri|
|Next Best||1, 9, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 9, 11|
Race 12: Class 2 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(2) PANORAMA SHOW enters with his winning streak up to three with an all the way score at class and distance on September 16th. He’s beaten some decent prospects along the way and while he’s up in the weights today, he’s very much the one to beat. (1) MORFHIS and (5) DORAON ACHIM HAE are both up in class following victories on their respective latest outings and should be the main dangers, the latter dropping back in trip today. (4) OKAY QUEEN also drops back in trip. Her latest was in the Gyeonggi Governor’s Cup which can be forgiven and she should be much more competitive today. (8) SHARK RUN looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(2) Panorama Show (1) Morfhis (5) Doraon Achim Hae (4) Okay Queen|
|Next Best||8, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 6|
Race 13: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(4) JANGSAN WILD has won his last three and five of seven in total. His latest was a comfortable score at this class over 1300M on September 29th, beating a couple of these in the process. He carries an additional 4kg today but he will still take some beating. (7) CHEOLLI ran 2nd that day, his first try at this level, exceeding by some margin and he can get close once more. (1) MONEY CAMP was a touch disappointing when she was one of four who go here to try her luck in the MJC Trophy last month, coming home 6th. She’d entered that race off the back of consecutive victories over 1000M and is worth another chance today. (12) PANGPANG GARI was 3rd in that same Trophy race and should go well again. (3) SERA KING and (9) YAHO SMART CAT are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(4) Jangsan Wild (1) Money Camp (7) Cheolli (12) Pangpang Gari|
|Next Best||9, 2, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 5, 9|