Seoul takes the final weekend of the year off so there is a rare Saturday card at Busan. 10 races from 10:45 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 55 Million
Juveniles to kick things off with and a likely strong favourite with (10) DAMYANG GONGJU having run 3rd and 2nd on her two starts to date, beating a couple of these along the way. She’s come from wide gates both times and should make the breakthrough here. (8) NEW JACK SWING was 5th behind Damyang Gongju on what was his debut on November 24th and can get closer today while (6) SAKISAKI overcame an awkward start to put in a decent performance on what was her second outing last time and looks to have a strong placing chance too. Among the debut-makers, (7) PARK MINISTER is the only one that stands out so expect the other two experienced ones, (3) SWEET MEMORY and (9) RAON JEONSEOL to also have some backers for improvement.
|Selections||(10) Damyang Gongju (7) Park Minister (8) New Jack Swing (6) Sakisaki|
|Next Best||9, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 9|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 55 Million
Juveniles once more and once more another strong favourite is likely. This time it’s (4) UJU DAEWANG with a 2nd and 3rd from two prior efforts who’ll be heavily backed. She led for much of her last race only to get overhauled in the closing stages but should have come on for that and can lead all the way this time. (9) BAEKDU JEONGGI began in an over-leisurely manner on debut three weeks ago but still ran on nicely enough and looks a clear second choice here with (2) STAR WOMAN the pick of the other three who have raced before. There are four first-time starters. (3) YUSEONG SPEED won her trial and could be interesting first-up while jockey/trainer combination for (5) ADELEUI SIN may tempt some too.
|Selections||(4) Aju Daewang (9) Baekdu Jeonggi (2) Star Woman (3) Yuseong Speed|
|Next Best||5, 7|
|Fast Start||4, 7|
Race 3: Class 6 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
Tougher one to call this but (5) ADELE HERO and (7) GOLDEN TROPHY both come in having shown some ability at the distance and in a race with no obvious early pace, they may be tempted to take it on and one of them could go all the way. Adele Hero perhaps more likely to still be there at the business end of the race. (8) B.K MASTER has shown signs of improving – he started badly and lost a shoe last time but still managed 4th – while (1) NEUTRON is slow but should plod his way past plenty in the closing stages here. (4) HWANNGEUMBITYEONGU was a much improved 3rd last start and goes at the distance for the first time. (3) GOLDEN JOY got a very unfortunate trip on debut and could be the wildcard.
|Selections||(5) Adele Hero (1) Neutron (7) Golden Trophy (8) B.K. Master|
|Next Best||3, 6|
|Fast Start||4, 7, 9, 5|
Race 4: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(7) HWARANGUI HUYE comes in off three consecutive 4th place finishes and wasn’t too far away from 2nd place in a decent contest over this distance last time. He’s got a good chance of going better here. (10) ORYONG raced a bit greenly on debut over 1000M on December 1st but still did enough to win quite comfortably. He’s up in class and in distance and will need to find a bit more but he should be competitive if his manners have improved. Also up in distance is (9) SUPER TRAIN and that may well suit having run on well for 5th over 1000M on his first try at this class three weeks ago. (3) BLESS YOU ran well for 3rd at the distance last start and should be in the hunt as should (5) JILJU DAEJANG.
|Selections||(7) Hwarangui Huye (10) Oryong (9) Super Train (3) Bless You|
|Next Best||5, 11, 4|
|Fast Start||3, 7, 8|
Race 5: Class 5 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(7) SUPER STEAL didn’t get the best of trips last time but still managed to finish a strong 2nd over 1300M. He surely has a win in him at this level and has beaten several of these in recent outings and looks to be the one to beat today, possibly getting an easy lead early. (10) ACE VICTORY is up in class following an eye-catching six-length score at the distance a month ago and looks firmly in the frame. (2) CHOEGANG DRIVER and (5) FINE POWER came home 2nd and 5th respectively at class and distance on November 24th and both can go well again. (11) SUPER MAGIC exceeded expectations to run 4th behind Super Steal last start and can be considered for a place here.
|Selections||(7) Super Steal (10) Ace Victory (2) Choegang Driver (5) Fine Power|
|Next Best||11, 1, 3|
Race 6: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 55 Million
(4) DUBAI TEUKGEUP was well backed on both starts this summer finishing 3rd and 2nd. He’s been off since then but looked fit and well when winning a trial just last week and probably deserves favourite status here. That status may be disputed by (10) BRITE ACCOUNT, also still a maiden but a solid 2nd over class and distance a month ago and looking nicely in here. Both will likely set up camp behind any early speed and finish strongly. That early speed should be set by (2) TITLE MATCH who showed promise on debut and can get better while debut-making Aussie import (3) GOOD BAND can go well too. At the other end of the experience spectrum is (1) CHASEDAE and he comes in off a good 2nd place which he could possibly repeat.
|Selections||(4) Dubai Teukgeup (10) Brite Account (2) Title Match (3) Good Band|
|Next Best||1, 8, 9|
|Fast Start||2, 9|
Race 7: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 55 Million
(2) THUNDER DOME reared up in the barriers and proceeded to start awkwardly when sent off as second-favourite at 1000M on December 1st. He overcame that to run a good 3rd. He’s back up in distance today and while his one previous effort at 1200M didn’t go well, he can today be given another chance and will surely be favourite. (5) NIGHT FURY and (6) YEONGGWANGUISINHWA are both competent at class and distance and are dangers with the former likely to be on the early speed. (10) KWAESOK BOLT raced rather ungenerously last time but still had enough to finish 4th in a similar contest to this and may be considered for improvement. (12) YEONGGWANGUIFACTOR is another to factor in.
|Selections||(2) Thunder Dome (10) Kwaesok Bolt (5) Night Fury (6) Yeonggwanguisinhwa|
|Next Best||12, 4, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 5, 7|
Race 8: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(11) KING SIMON has been looking better and better culminating in a four-length win over 1200M three weeks ago. He is up in class today but has proven competent at this distance before and can win again. (8) SMART GENTLEMAN beat (2) BAEDARI GOSU and (12) ADELE STAR as the three of them raced at class and distance on November 17th. The latter pair have both raced since and Adele Star looks to be the one coming into form. (3) BAEKDUBONG dropped back to this trip last time following four indifferent goes at 1800M and promptly improved with a 2nd place and must be respected. (9) ACE GLORY was well back in that race but is a class and distance winner and gets another chance. Similarly (1) ZEKI FILA ran a bad race last time but can probably be given another chance.
|Selections||(11) King Simon (12) Adele Star (9) Ace Glory (8) Smart Gentleman|
|Next Best||2, 1, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 8, 12|
Race 9: Class 2 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
Good race this with plenty entering in good form. (8) WORLD NUMBER ONE is chief among those having won his latest two, beating top rival here (9) SPEED MARK along the way. He’s not a straightforward type though, coming from last to first to win that race hanging out wide in the process. Nevertheless, he has plenty of talent and trialled up satisfactorily last week. Speed Mark beat four of these when winning at class and distance on December 1st by a cool five-lengths. He carries an extra 4kg today but can overcome it. A class and distance winner in September, (1) ADELEUI CHUKJE followed it up with a 3rd place at the beginning of November, beating five of his rivals here with Speed Mark among them. He returns for the first time here and can continue his run of never being worse than 4th since his debut race. (7) PINK BLADE’s latest couple haven’t suited, especially the Group race last month and she should improve while (11) SOUL BLADE returned from six months off to run a very good 2nd to Speed Mark at the start of this month and comes into the equation too.
|Selections||(9) Speed Mark (8) World Number One (1) Adeleui Chukje (11) Soul Blade|
|Next Best||7, 4, 3|
Race 10: Class 1 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 110 Million
Small field for this class 1 sprint but it’s a good one. (7) DROP THE BEAT got the better of (2) DORAONPOGYEONGSEON by a neck on November 26th and those two should be involved in the finish one more with every chance of the placings being reversed this time. (3) PERDIDO POMEROY was an all the way winner last time out, matching the track record (set by (6) INDIAN STAR two years ago) and he has to be taken seriously on his first start for over two months. (5) TOHAMSAN was an impressive winner four weeks ago, beating (1) TRIPLE FIVE and (4) BANJIUI JEWANG and he too has claims.
|Selections||(2) Doraonpogyeongseon (3) Perdido Pomeroy (5) Tohamsan (7) Drop The Beat|
|Next Best||1, 6, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 5, 6|