Winter has arrived in force this past week in Seoul but racing is on! 12 Saturday races in Seoul from 10:45 to 18:00:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
We’ve got some really competitive contests today and we start off with one such event. Granted that’s because nothing in this maiden has shown an awful lot in the way of ability so far but something has to win. (3) CUPID GANGJA gets dropped back in trip today and if he can get away to a fast start, he could well find the breakthrough here. (6) UN SEO and (10) MAX THUNDER have both shown glimpses of potential and have claims here too while (11) HURACAN was ok if nothing special on debut and gets a chance to improve. (5) DAE CAIN actually ran in the Gwacheon Mayor’s Cup at the end of October. He didn’t run very well but this is a big step back in quality.
|Selections||(3) Cupid Gangja (6) Un Seo (5) Dae Cain (10) Max Thunder|
|Next Best||11, 9|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 10, 11, 12|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(6) DAECHEONUI SARANG was 2nd on debut a month ago, admittedly a full seven-lengths behind a good winner and she is favoured to take home this big juvenile prize. (4) SHARK DAEJANGGEUN put in a similar effort on what was his second; well beaten by a good winner but good enough to beat the rest. That was all the way back in August but this looks a nice race to return in. Also racing for the first time since August is (8) CYBER. He was, frankly, bad on debut and got sent back to trial. He put in a really strong looking performance in said trial on November 17th, winning it in what would have been a competitive time in an actual race and he can go right into consideration for at least the minor money here. (3) GANADORA and (12) ALI BAEKJAK are others to consider for improvement.
|Selections||(6) Daecheonui Sarang (4) Shark Daejanggeun (8) Cyber (3) Ganadora|
|Next Best||12, 11|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 6, 8|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
A few with potential in this juvenile contest. (11) THE JIJON may appreciate the slight step up in distance today. Moon Se Young takes over in the saddle and the colt can be expected to defy a wide draw to get on the early speed. (8) SPEED IS KHAN looks to be on the improve and will come from off the pace – he went well on his first try at this distance last time. Similarly showing improvement on their second starts were (1) JEONGSANG DOLPUNG and (3) SILENT RUSH while (5) DEOBUREO SOOP was 4th – and very close to 2nd – on debut at 1200M and also comes into consideration.
|Selections||(11) The Jijon (8) Speed Is Khan (5) Deobureo Soop (1) Jeongsang Dolpung|
|Next Best||3, 7|
|Fast Start||6, 11|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(12) YEOWOORI ran creditably in the Gyeonggi Governor’s Cup in September followed up with 2nd place in a similar all-filly race to this four weeks ago. She has solid claims here. She’s not the only one. (5) BETTINA ran well on her second start at the end of October and looks ready to step back up in trip here while (8) O.J.HWAK DAB was a decent 2nd last time and that gives some encouragement here. (11) AMENDA was well back behind Yeowoori on her latest effort but had shown ability before and can be given another chance. (6) RUN AWAY is more experienced and could sneak some money in this company.
|Selections||(12) Yeowoori (8) O.J.Hwak Dab (5) Bettina (11) Amenda|
|Next Best||6, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 11, 12|
Race 5: Class 4 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
Five debut-makers among the full field of twelve here and a couple of them look very interesting indeed. (1) MALIBU GINGER and (10) PANORAMA SHOW both trialled up in very good order and both can be backed first-up with the former looking the most likely. That said, it’s still the ones with experience who are expected to be favoured. (5) EMPIRE KINGDOM was a good winner on debut in September and while he was a little disappointing on his October return, he is worth another chance here with the stable in form right now. (8) BEST EFFECT was a much-improved last 3rd on latest and that gives some hope for today while it’s a similar story with (6) AMAZING SOCKS.
|Selections||(1) Malibu Ginger (5) Empire Kingdom (6) Amazing Socks (10) Panorama Show|
|Next Best||8, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3, 5, 10|
Race 6: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(10) SIMON RICH got his maiden win over 1700M in October but despite being well placed close to home, failed to push on at the same distance when favourite on his first try at this level three weeks ago. He gets dropped back in trip today and will be favoured to put things right. (3) HAETSAL WANGJA, (2) PERFECT LOVER and (1) MR. KING came home 4th, 5th and 6th when they raced each other over 1200M on November 5th. Haetsal Wangja has won at this distance before and looks on the improve two starts into a comeback following a layoff while Mr. King may remain a maiden but has been consistent of late and may find the prize money. Jockey booking on (6) COLORS QUEEN will see that one come into the betting equation while (8) BAEKSAN ISLAND, class and distance winner in September, is also worth keeping an eye on.
|Selections||(10) Simon Rich (3) Haetsal Wangja (6) Colors Queen (1) Mr. King|
|Next Best||8, 2, 7|
|Fast Start||3, 6|
Race 7: Class 5 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(9) MIGHTY WA should be winning this and will be a warm favourite to do so. He’s been 3rd on both his latest two at this class, the most recent of which was over this distance on November 4th. That day he beat (3) BOSEOG SANGJA and (1) COMPLETE HIGH in a handy manner and should have too much once more. Those two could well end up as 2nd and 3rd favourites as this isn’t an especially deep field but (2) CLEAN UP DREAM and (10) WANGDAEJANG are others who could improve.
|Selections||(9) Mighty Wa (3) Boseog Sangja (1) Complete High (2) Clean Up Dream|
|Next Best||10, 4|
|Fast Start||5, 7, 8|
Race 8: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(4) DANGCHAN MOSEUP has been consistently close in recent efforts, just missing out by a head in a decent race over 1300M last month. She has two 2nds and two 3rds at this distance among her latest six starts and should be close today, possibly with the jockey opting for a front-running ride. (9) STRONG SHINE beat Dangchan Moseup when landing his second straight longshot win at this distance in October. He’s just gone a little cold in his latest two but looks in with a good shout here. (3) CHUL AE also has experience of winning at the distance and comes in after a 5th – that was very nearly a 3rd – in a stiffer race than this last start. (1) GWACHEON BOLT and (8) CAPTAIN PARK others in the hunt.
|Selections||(4) Dangchan Moseup (9) Strong Shine (3) Chul Ae (1) Gwacheon Bolt|
|Next Best||8, 7|
|Fast Start||4, 6, 7|
Race 9: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
3rd in a similar but arguably marginally stronger 1200M contest three weeks ago, (4) GEUMSOHWA looks to have as much chance as any here. She was drawn wide that day and took a while to get going but things look more in her favour here. She should be on the early speed and could well be joined by (5) WHIZ SPARK, whose recent engagements have been in tough company and she deserves another chance having been 4th, but only beaten a length, in a tight race at class and distance on November 4th. (9) CHARMNG GOOD comes in following a narrow defeat over 1200M and can be considered while the up in class (8) AREUMDAUN SUNGAN is nicely in and could go well again.
|Selections||(4) Geumsohwa (5) Whiz Spark (8) Areumdaun Sungan (9) Charming Good|
|Next Best||3, 7|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 6|
Race 10: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Winner of two from five and up in class following a convincing all the way score over 1000M, (8) JANGSAN JEPAE can win again here. True, her only previous try at further than the minimum ended in 4th, but that was a good race at 1300M and she just weakened a little late on. She can go better this time. There are plenty of dangers though. (7) UNAK HABIO beat (2) I AM STAR and (6) STRONG FIELD as the trio raced 1st, 3rd and 5th at class and distance last month. Unak Habio carries an extra 4kg today and it is going to be much tougher but the other two certainly have claims to get close. (1) FIRE BALL wasn’t far away when 4th at class and distance last start while (4) MONTRACHET is another who is up in class following a smart win over minimum distance and looks nicely in here.
|Selections||(8) Jangsan Jepae (2) I Am Star (4) Montrachet (1) Fire Ball|
|Next Best||6, 7, 3|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 7, 8|
Race 11: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
Another really competitive looking contest with lots in with a shout but nothing you’d put the mortgage money on. (5) WINNER GOLD caught the eye when cruising to a four-length win over 1200M on what was just his second outing last month. However, he is up in class and distance today whereas (6) BEONGAE FIGHTER has been consistently going close at this class – and last time was a very slid 4th at the distance. (3) SKY VELVET and (4) ALL THAT SPEED have been holding their own in decent company and both look very well in here while (12) FIX TIME may have been an unexpected winner last start but he put in a very strong time and has to get a bit more respect today.
|Selections||(5) Winner Gold (6) Beongae Fighter (4) All That Speed (12) Fix Time|
|Next Best||3, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 8, 12|
Race 12: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
We conclude with another race which looks completely wide open. We’re going to go with (6) KENTUCKY YEONIN, class and distance winner at the end of September and then narrowly beaten in a good contest a month ago, to get back to winning ways. It won’t be easy. (10) JANGSAN CITY rallied to get up by a neck in the closing stages at class and distance three weeks ago and has to come under consideration despite being up 3kg today. (11) RAON MAGIC has won six of seven starts so far and while this is a considerable step up in class, he’s risen to everything he’s been asked to do so far and could do so again. (8) DONGCHONUI GUY was a class and distance winner last time out and has to be taken seriously here even though this is a slightly stronger race. (1) WHO’S PERFECT makes her second attempt back at this class having been dropped back from class 1 and can improve.
|Selections||(6) Kentucky Yeonin (11) Raon Magic (10) Jangsan City (8) Dongchonui Guy|
|Next Best||2, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 6, 11|