12 Saturday races at Seoul with the first at 10:45 and the last at 18:00:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
There were three months between (10) J.S STORM’s first and second starts but he showed enough in 5th on his October return to suggest that he has solid claims here. He led that day before weakening but he may be ridden bit more patiently from a wider gate today and could have too much. (2) I B S MAN demonstrated some progress last time and can keep that going today while (4) WHITE ERICA managed an unexpected 3rd place on what was her fourth start three weeks ago and can build on that today. (5) SARYEONI THUNDER and (8) ROYAL ACE are others in the frame.
|Selections||(10) J.S. Storm (2) I B S Man (4) White Erica (5) Saryeoni Thunder|
|Next Best||8, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 5, 8|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Only four of these gave raced before and while none of them caught the eye, both (5) GONGJU SARANG and (7) PANGPANG GARI will be expected to improve here. The former showed close to the front on debut before weakening a little but showed some sign of talent. Among the debut-makers, (9) MERRY WHITE trialled up nicely and looks worth a chance first-up as do (8) THE PRIMA and (10) JEONGSANG MUJEOK.
|Selections||(9) Merry White (5) Gongju Sarang (7) Pangpang Gari (8) The Prima|
|Next Best||10, 3|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 7, 8|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Five of the twelve have raced before and we’ll go with (7) DORAON ACHIM HAE to score ahead of a distinctly moderate looking bunch. He started slowly but finished off well for 4th on debut and should appreciate the further trip today. None of the others who’ve raced before showed much although (5) CHOM NIA is another who looked to need further, so we’ll turn to the newcomers to find dangers. (12) COMPLETE SWEEP was fast in his trial and could go well from the outside. (8) RAON SIRIUS and (10) CHAPEL ACE are others who trialled well and can be given a chance here.
|Selections||(7) Doraon Achim Hae (12) Complete Sweep (8) Raon Sirius (5) Chom Nia|
|Next Best||10, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 6|
Race 4: Class 6 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
(2) CLEAN UP SECRET has shown enough in three outings to date to suggest he has wins in him and while he was a beaten favourite last time, he’s going to be strongly favoured to score this time, possibly leading gate to wire on his first try around two turns. (1) NANGMAN STAR took to the distance well last time out and can go well again as did (3) ONE TWO THREE and they should both get close. The main danger though could well be another who tries the distance for the first time. That’s (4) BULSA BULPAE, who has improved over the course of four outings and comes in following a useful 2nd place over 1200M at the end of last month.
|Selections||(2) Clean Up Secret (4) Bulsa Bulpae (1) Nangman Star (3) One Two Three|
|Next Best||9, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 12|
Race 5: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(9) CALLIOPE was sent off as favourite last time and while he only managed 5th place at 1200M, it was a tough race and he ended up only a length behind the winner havin g made all until the closing stages. Dropping back to 1000M today and in slightly softer company, he can win this. Plenty of threats though. (10) HWANAE JANGSEONG and (1) EVER A ONE came home 2nd and 3rd in a similar race to this on October 29th and both have claims here while (7) SOKBO TAEJA led gate to wire to win at class and distance a day earlier and can be respected today. (3) BLUE SHARK disappointed on his first try at the level but comes in after six weeks off and can be given another chance.
|Selections||(9) Calliope (10) Hwanae Jangseong (1) Ever A One (7) Sokbo Taeja|
|Next Best||3, 5|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 7, 10|
Race 6: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(8) DONGTEUL TTAE beat (1) RAON ALICE as the pair ran 1st and 2nd over 1300M back in September. They’ve each raced once since then with Dongteul Ttae registering a decent 3rd place, well back behind a couple of good ones, while Raon Alice was an also-ran in a big juvenile race. Both look in contention today and we’ll be looking for Raon Alice to do the business. (3) WITH FRIENDSHIP was a slightly surprising winner on debut last month but must be considered despite being up in both class and distance today. (7) GOLD LEG and (9) FANTASTIC QUEEN both come in off decent 4th places – the former’s a little more impressive – and they round out the main contenders.
|Selections||(1) Raon Alice (8) Dongteul Ttae (7) Gold Leg (3) With Friendship|
|Next Best||9, 12|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 8, 11|
Race 7: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(5) K.N. BLUE certainly caught the eye with a five-length win over the distance on October 28th. He steps up in class today but is favoured to repeat with a front-running performance. (10) HYEONMU was a good 2nd last time in a similar race and can get close again with (3) MAMKKEOT DALYEO also looking good to place. (4) BLUE LANCE wasn’t as far away last time as his 7th place finish suggests while (7) DEO MIREO BUCHEO may remain a maiden but comes in following back to back 3rd place finishes and a repeat isn’t impossible.
|Selections||(5) K.N. Blue (10) Hyeonmu (4) Blue Lance (3) Mamkkeot Dalyeo|
|Next Best||7, 12|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 7, 10|
Race 8: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Anything could win this and while (6) MUCH MONEY is an expert at avoiding the winner’s circle – 7 runner-up finishes from 12 starts – he’s got as much chance as any of these of getting the money here. (1) K KING enters after a solid 3rd place, ahead of a couple of these, in a similar race a month ago and can be considered. (10) EXCELLENT QUEEN was just a length behind that day and get closer while (4) DANGDANGHANYEOGEOL and (8) WAWA YEOJANGBU are both up in class following visually impressive wins, both at this distance. Both should be competitive.
|Selections||(6) Much Money (4) Dangdanghanyeogeol (1) K King (8) Wawa Yeojangbu|
|Next Best||10, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 4, 8|
Race 9: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Another tricky contest with several in the hunt. (7) TIZ GLEE looked ready to win following a good 2nd place in September but got sent up to 1700M for his next start and it didn’t go well. He should be much happier today. (4) WHANGHORAN JILJU looks to be on the improve after a couple of solid showings and should join Tiz Glee on the early speed. (3) FANTASTIC COMBI put in an encouraging debut at the end of September and warrants consideration while (1) DAEHAN CHEONHA and (6) EONJENA JEONGSANG are others in the hunt in what is by no means a strong race but should offer some value.
|Selections||(7) Tiz Glee (3) Fantastic Combi (4) Whanghoran Jilju (6) Eonjena Jeongsang|
|Next Best||1, 10|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 7, 12|
Race 10: Class 4 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(6) GEUMA FORTE has shown an aptitude for this distance being two for two since being sent up to it. The Giacomo colt will have to contend with a rise in class today but that shouldn’t really be an issue and he has every chance of making it three in a row. (11) SEONGUN MARU landed a good 2nd place last time but doesn’t find himself especially well in here so do look out for (2) SPASTAR and (7) TEUKBYEOL STAR – both of whom he beat in that race – to potentially overturn that form today and get close. The recent form of (8) SUPER BROAD has been strong and he’s another to consider.
|Selections||(6) Geuma Forte (7) Teukbyeol Star (2) Spastar (8) Super Broad|
|Next Best||11, 1|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 7|
Race 11: Class 3 (1900M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(11) SARYEONI HEALING and (2) JEJUI HANEUL came home 2nd and 3rd over 1800M a month ago, both finishing very well. Champion jockey Moon Se Young gets the leg-up on Oaks winner Jejui Haneul for the first time today and while that’s a lazy reason for the pick, it is what sways this in the filly’s favour. Those two really should be battling it out but they’ll have to come from behind an early pace likely set by (3) CUPID FLOWER and (6) SUSEONG CHAMP, both of who have every right to stay on while (1) SERA KING, going up greatly in distance today could be the wildcard. Worth noting that only four of these have raced at this distance or further before.
|Selections||(2) Jejui Haneul (11) Saryeoni Healing (3) Cupid Flower (6) Suseong Champ|
|Next Best||1, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 6|
Race 12: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(5) URIUI HAENGBOK and (7) CIRCLE DANCER were both beaten a nose in their respective latest outings and both step up in class here. They also both look very nicely in here and have every chance of getting home in front this time. (4) JEOLMYOHANSEONTAEK comes in having beaten three of these on his way to 3rd place in what was admittedly an average race at class and distance on October 22nd and looks the main threat, however, the time before last, he was beaten by (9) SIDAEUIYEOWANG, who returns here and can also go well. (11) KOREA JEONGSANG may be a touch unfortunate to be up in class here but is also no slouch in the closing stages.
|Selections||(5) Uriui Haengbok (7) Circle Dancer (4) Jeolmyohanseontaek (9) Sidaeuiyeowang|
|Next Best||11, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 5|