11 Saturday races at Seoul with the first at 14:30 and the last at 21:00. Here are the form comments for simulcast races:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
1. FAPP CAT – Awesome name but didn’t especially impress in trials and should be watched first up.
2. KAISER QUEEN – Best from seven so far is a 4th. Generally gets away well but doesn’t quicken. Beaten by two of these last time.
3. JABIDONGHAENG – Managed a solid 2nd of 10 in June but had a hard time on reappearance in wet three weeks ago.
4. CONKER – Not beaten many in two starts so far. Still early days but hard to recommend just yet.
5. DOLPUNG STAR – Two outings earlier this year didn’t amount to much. Trialled up again anonymously at the end of June.
6. STORMY PASSION – Beat a couple of these on her way to 7th on a sloppy track last start. Should beat a few again.
7. ÉCLAIR DREAM – Step back in trip following a decent 4th over 1300M on July 1st having led for much of the race. In the frame here.
8. GOLD LEG – Showed glimpses of improvement if not a whole lot of speed in three starts so far.
9. KHENDUM POWER – Debut-maker. Decent in trials and looks to have a fair shot here. Half-brother has won 3 from 16 so far.
10. COLORS CAT – Took three goes to qualify but looked competent enough when finally achieving it. Nice race to debut in but others favoured.
11. LUCKY SINHWA –Still to be lucky in eight attempts. 6th of 12 last time and could look to beat a couple more here.
12. CHEON YUN – Offered little in two starts so far.
Verdict: Well something’s got to win this and while she’s not exactly been impressive so far (7) ÉCLAIR DREAM probably has the edge in terms of form and she’s the one to be on. In such a race, the debut-makers have to be considered and among them, (9) KHENDUM POWER looks most likely to be successful first-up. (3) JABIDONGHAENG and (6) STORMY PASSION look to have decent shouts for the places.
|Selections||(7) Éclair Dream (9) Khendum Power (3) Jabidonghaeng (6) Stormy Passion|
|Next Best||8, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 4|
Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
1. LILIETTE – Not beaten many in three so far.
2. HANEULUI STAR – 3rd on debut ahead of Super Trooper. Over two months off since then but one to consider here.
3. CHAMPION GOLD – 2nd, well beaten by a good winner, last time. Steps up to 1300M for the first time and it may suit.
4. MR. KING – Comes in following back to back 4th places, both at long-odds. Can look to match here.
5. KING EXPLOIT – Raced twice last autumn with a good 3rd among them. Trialled up well and in the hunt on return here.
6. CHEONBIT – Finally figuring things out with a 2nd and 3rd from her latest two, both at this distance. Not a fast starter but can get it right this time.
7. BINNANEUN KKUM – Well supported in latest three since a 3rd place in April. Should beat plenty.
8. SISPUMA WINNER – Failed to deliver when well backed last time but worth another chance here.
9. KINGS BURY – Offered little so far, but stable seems to be coming into form and could improve.
10. GWACHEON TUHON – Last on debut but has shown promise in three starts since Beat Kings Bury last time.
11. SUPER TROOPER – Since being beaten by Haneului Star in May, he’s a 4th, 5th and 6th from three starts. Can match those today.
Verdict: (6) CHEONBIT seems to have come on plenty in her latest two and she’s the narrow pick to get the business done today. She’s not a fast starter so that is a risk, especially if the wet weather makes it hard for closers to get up so there’ll be backing too for (8) SISPUMA WINNER, who should be on the early speed. (7) BINNANEUN KKUM and (10) GWACHEON TUHON are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(6) Cheonbit (8) Sispuma Winner (7) Binnaneun Kkum (10) Gwacheon Tuhon|
|Next Best||3, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 8, 11|
Race 3: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
1. CHOWON VIVACE – Got her maiden win in June but was last of 9 on first try at this class. Bumped on jumping but still ran on ok and worth another chance.
2. DEO MIREO BUCHEO – Back to back 2nd places at class 6 in April and May got him promoted to this level. May benefit from drop back in trip today.
3. NAMCHONUI QUEEN – Up in class following smart debut win on June 18th and firmly in the hunt here. Could lead all the way.
4. CHO ORONG MA – Maiden win over 1300M in June but 7th of 10 at same distance on first start at this class last time. Back to the minimum may help today.
5. DANGDANGHANYEOGEOL – 2nd at class and distance on latest outing and firmly in at least the placing hunt here.
6. RAON WINNER – Struggled a little in sloppy conditions last start at 1200M. One of a number who should prefer the shorter trip today.
7. EORIN WANGJA – First start since 2nd place finish at class and distance back in April. Top jockey booking and a chance.
8. JAYUROI – Neve better than 8th in eight prior starts.
Verdict: (3) NAMCHONUI QUEEN was a four-length winner on debut last month and while she’s up in class here she should be maintaining her 100% record and lead from gate to wire. (5) DANGDANGHANYEOGEOL and (6) RAON WINNER look to have the best chance of stopping her although (7) EORIN WANGJA, returning for the first time since April, may have a say too.
|Selections||(3) Namchonui Queen (5) Dangdanghanyeogeol (6) Raon Winner (7) Eorin Wangja|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 6|
Race 4: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
1. VICAR SOCKS – Last of nine on first try this level behind Beyond Limit on July 2nd. Scope for improvement here.
2. I AM STAR – Hasn’t found this level easy. Usually beats a few but others should be too quick.
3. BEYOND LIMIT – Back to back 3rd places in quick races at class and distance. Big chance here.
4. WORLD MARK – Back in trip today but plenty to find.
5. HALO BIRD – Improved 3rd last time was her best so far at this class. Can look to match here.
6. OUR CAT – 40th start today. Not too far away in recent efforts and should get close once more.
7. YONGWANG SIDAE – 7th of 9 in quick contest on sloppy track on July 2nd. That was his first try at this level. Always runs at this distance and can find the money.
8. SWEEP TROPHY – Recent outings suggest he has a bit to find.
Verdict: (3) BEYOND LIMIT comes in off consecutive 3rd place finishes in very quick races at this distance and it could well be her turn to score today. She’ll likely sit just behind a pace set by veteran (6) OUR CAT, who’ll beat plenty of these, with (1) VICAR SOCKS, well back last time, and (2) I AM STAR providing the interest late on.
|Selections||(3) Beyond Limit (6) Our Cat (2) I am Star (1) Vicar Socks|
|Next Best||5, 8|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 6|
Race 5: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
1. GWANGMA HILL – Maiden winner at the end of May. Struggled on first try at this level last time but worth another chance.
2. ELAN – Convincing class 6 winner over this distance on what was just his second outing on July 2nd. Big chance of stepping up and scoring again.
3. YAHO MIRACLE – Offered little in recent efforts. Top jockey gets on today.
4. FOREVER QUEEN – Struggled of late at this class. Plenty to find here.
5. LUNA CHAMP – Yet to score in 37outings and unlikely to here. Occasionally picks up some minor money.
6. THANKS BEAN – Seems to have found her level in that she usually beats a few and in turn gets beaten by a few. Should look for minor money in this company.
7. CHUBOGUI YEOLMAE – Best in five outings at this level is a 3rd place back in April. Hasn’t looked likely to build on that in three efforts since.
8. MAHA HUIMANG – Up in class having made the breakthrough at the eighth attempt on July 1st. Will need to improve but could go close.
9. SIMCHEONG SADAL – Well backed on every start so far but he’s been getting colder. May improve returning from six weeks off.
Verdict: Up in class following his maiden victory by four-lengths at this distance on July 2nd, (2) ELAN looks to be the pick of the day so far and should have way too much for this average set of rivals. Also up in class is (8) MAHA HUIMANG and there’s not much for him to fear either while (1) GWANGMA HILL and the 36-race maiden (5) LUNA CHAMP are others who can look for prize money.
|Selections||(2) Elan (8) Maha Huimang (1) Gwangma Hill (5) Luna Champ|
|Next Best||7, 6|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 9|
Race 6: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
1. SHADOW MONEY – Looks to have found his level. Improving on back to back 7th placed finishes the aim here.
2. BONNET BLUE – Improved 4th of 10 last start. Slow starter but decent enough finisher and could repeat.
3. LITTLE SOCIE – Got promoted to this level with 2nd place finishes on her first two starts. Two 5ths among three goes since and improvement possible.
4. MAMKKEOT DALYEO – Hasn’t found it easy in five tries at this class so far.
5. JASEONG GUNJU – Scoreless in 16 so far, could this be her day? She’s been getting closer with a 2nd and 3rd from latest two and she looks to have a strong shout here.
6. ROYAL POWER – Last of 11 on return from eight month layoff at the end of May. That was at 1700M and he’s had two more months off since. Hard to back here.
7. HAE DAP – Solid 3rd at class and distance last time and can compete today.
8. SUSEONG CHAMP – Maiden win at the end of May was followed with 4th place on first try at this class a month ago. If he can get a good start, he may be hard to beat.
9. GHOST TOWN – Slightly disappointing 6th of 10 when well backed last tie. Worth another go here.
Verdict: Any number of these could win here – it’s hard enough to predict which will be favourite, let alone who’ll triumph. (5) JASEONG GUNJU beat (8) SUSEONG CHAMP as the pair raced 3rd and 4th over the distance last time and they’ll surely be competing for prizes once more. (7) HAE DAP was a decent 3rd last start and can go well again wile (3) LITTLE SOCIE and (9) GHOST TOWN are not without claims either.
|Selections||(7) Hae Dap (5) Jaseong Gunju (8) Suseong Champ (3) Little Socie|
|Fast Start||3,4, 8, 9|
Race 7: Class 3 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
1. HANBIT NARA – Improved 4th last time under this jockey but still more to find today.
2. OKAY GOOD – Up in class following his maiden win over 1300M last start. Up in distance to two turns for the first time as well, he can cope with it and could win.
3. HWANGGEUM BISANG – Well back behind three of these on July 2nd at the distance so lots of form to overturn here.
4. CHOEGO MONEY – 3rd at class and distance on July 2nd, beating three of his rivals here. Looks the one to beat. Most likely pace-setter.
5. WIDAEHAN JEONSA – Up in class following win and a 2nd both at this distance. Bit of a jump up so will need to improve but looks very nicely in at 51.5kg.
6. CYCLING HIT – 5th behind Choego Money last start. Could improve on that.
7. YESANGBAEK SEUNG – Comes in off a very creditable 5th place in the Korean Oaks at Busan last month, flying home late on. Big chance here.
8. GIANT KILLER – Class and distance winner in February, he’s only raced twice since and had a hard time in a good race on latest effort.
9. HWANGEUM SORI –Beaten by Choego Money and Cycling Hit last start. Fast finisher and jockey booking will tempt some.
10. HWANGGEUM DEULPAN – Gone cold in recent outings.
Verdict: (4) CHOEGO MONEY beat (6) CYCLING HIT and (9) HWANGGEUM SORI at class and distance last time out and has to be respected here. He’s likely to get the lead early and could well go all the way. (7) YESANGBAEK SEUNG was sent off at odds of 130/1 in last month’s Korean Oaks but outperformed those (in a race that admittedly threw up plenty of surprises) to run 5th and she’ll be a contender here too as will (2) OKAY GOOD, who is up in both class and distance following a solid win last time.
|Selections||(4) Choego Money (7) Yesangbaek Seung (2) Okay Good (9) Hwanggeum Sori|
|Next Best||6, 5|
(Races 8-10 to follow…)