Ten races at Busan on Friday March 17 with the first at 11:30 and the last at 18:00. English racecards can be found here. Notes on races to be simulcast are below:
Race 4: Class 6 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
1. TIMELESS – Much improved 2nd in an all-filly race last time out. Well back behind a couple of these at a mile in February but looks better now.
2. MALIBU RULER – A year since his last start and showed little in trials.
3. PUREUN GANGJA – 4th of 8 at a mile last time but plenty to find here.
4. SEUNGNI JEONGSEONG – 6th of 12 behind Geumbit Hwanho latest. Similar expected here.
5. WANGGI – Best of 5th came at this distance behind a couple of decent ones in January. Improvement possible.
6. NAMDO GEOSANG – 3rd at 1000M his best in five. First time at a mile today.
7. RISING PRINCE – Surprise 3rd at the distance in February but reverted to type last time.
8. STYLISH – 2nd at the distance ahead of Wanggi two starts back. Usually in the frame and a contender here.
9. JEOLDEA JIJU – Few clues from three outings so far.
10. FINE POWER – Two starts and two 3rds. Beaten by Geumbit Hwanho on debut but up in distance here and looks the one to beat.
11. GEUMBIT HWANHO – seems to be figuring it out and has run well in his last three. A chance.
12. HWARYEOHAN YONGSA – 6th behind Timeless last start. First try at the distance.
Verdict: (10) FINE POWER is the pick here having been 3rd in both of his prior starts and stepping up to 1600M today. (1) TIMELESS and (8) STYLISH should get close with (5) WANGGI and (11) GEUMBIT HWANHO the others to look out for.
Selections (10) Fine Power (1) Timeless (8) Stylish (5) Wanggi
Next Best 11, 4
Fast Start 1, 3, 6, 8
Race 5: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
1. NAMYANG QUEEN – Winner at class and distance on Feb 17th, beating a couple of these and firmly in the frame again.
2. KEUN MABEOP – Last when stepped up to 1200M for first try at this level in January. Coming in fresh and back at 1000M, she should be better today.
3. ENTER WAY QUEEN – 5th of 11 behind Namyang Queen last start and can repeat or better.
4. VICTORY BROWN – Disappointed on first try at this class. Worth another chance here.
5. JAEGANDUNGI – Doesn’t look likely to add to her solitary win at this stage.
6. DANCER – Yet to prove competitive at this class.
7. SMART LADY – Last on return from six months off in February. Should be better today.
8. HANNAM ROOKIE – Yet to score in fifteen but has plenty of money finishes and could get another here.
9. KWAEDO YEOGEOL – 4th of 12 at class and distance in January and should have a say today.
10. DAEHO CHUKJE – Up in class following easy win at the distance on her 3rd start a month ago. A chance.
11. YUKRYONGI – Good winner on debut at the end of last year. Had a couple of months off and is up in class but among favourites despite the draw.
12. SULTRY HUMOR – Struggled in three starts at this level.
Verdict: Fillies and mares only here and the up in class (10) DAEHO CHUKJE is the narrow pick in a competitive race. Having won at class and distance last time (1) NAMYANG QUEEN has to be respected while (4) VICTORY BROWN and (11) YUKRYONGI are also to be considered.
Selections (10) Daeho Chukje (1) Namyang Queen (4) Victory Brown (11) Yukryongi
Next Best 8, 7
Fast Start 1, 2, 7
Race 6: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 55 Million
1. EOREUM GONGJU – 2nd at class and distance last start, she’s a real danger at five furlongs.
2. GLOBAL CHAMPION – Beaten a combined total of two horses in four prior starts.
3. TIGER SLAM – 6th of 10 behind Brite Account last time on first try at this level. Plenty to find but can improve.
4. SINHEUNG QUEEN – Not shown much in four outings so far.
5. SEULVELY – 7th of 10 behind Brite Account and Tiger Slam in January and 6th behind Eoreum Gongju latest.
6. CHARTERED DREAM – Yet to win in nine but many near misses. Should be close again.
7. TOKYO BLUE – US$47K purchase last year it’s taken him a while to get to the track. Old Fashioneds often go well in Korea and he won a trial. A chance.
8. DODOHAN – Little sign of talent to date.
9. GOLD GUST – Has beaten a few each time and should again. Big improvement needed to challenge for the win though.
10. BRITE ACCOUNT – Solid 3rd on January but never featured over 1300M a month ago. Should be better stepped back in trip today.
11. DAEWANGBONG – Improved when racing for the first time in three months last start and further improvement possible here.
12. VALID EFFORT – All four efforts to date have been lacklustre.
Verdict: It’s taken (7) TOKYO BLUE a while to get to the track but having trialled up very smartly, he looks to have every chance first up here. (1) EOREUM GONGJU looks the main danger coming off a good 2nd last month but there should be some support too for (3) TIGER SLAM and (10) BRITE ACCOUNT.
Selections (7) Tokyo Blue (1) Eoreum Gongju, (3) Tiger Slam (10) Brite Account
Next Best 6, 4
Fast Start 1, 3, 11
Race 7: Class 5 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
1. JOYFUL STORY – 6th of 12 on first effort at this class last month. First try at a mile today and while others are favoured, don’t rule out.
2. NAMYANG TOWER – Inconsistent but first try at a mile which may suit.
3. KING STORM – 6th of 12 behind Smart King last start. Should beat a few again.
4. EGSEU BAND – 2nd of 8 at first try at a mile three weeks ago and looks to be a factor again.
5. SMART KING – 4th and 2nd in two attempts at the distance and it could be third time lucky here.
6. DOCHI – Arrested recent poor form with a 3rd place over 1300M last start. Previous effort at this distance didn’t go well but could feature here.
7. DON’T STOP – Decent 4th at the distance in January but well back behind Smart King last start.
8. FOUR NINES – 3rd on first try at this class just two weeks ago. Ran well on previous start at the distance and strong chance here.
9. KING CODE – Up in class having been close too many times at class 6. Needs to find plenty.
10. PINK BLADE – 5th and 6th in two tries at this distance. Should be looking to at least match here.
11. PANGPANG LEGEND – 7th behind Smart King on first try at this distance last start.
12. NEULHAERANG – Up in class having beaten King Code last time. Yet to find a win but that was an encouraging run at this distance.
Verdict: Competitive race this and (8) FOUR NINES is the slight pick to come out on top. (1) JOYFUL STORY did ok on his first try at this level last start and should be taken seriously while (5) SMART KING and (6) DOCHI also have claims.
Selections (8) Four Nines (1) Joyful Story (5) Smart King (6) Dochi
Next Best 12, 3
Fast Start 5, 12
Race 8: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 55 Million
1. TWO TWO RAPTOR – 2nd at this class last start and plenty more to come. Big chance.
2. MOHAVE WANGJA – Up in class following 2nd place last start. Not impossible.
3. EUTTEUM CLASSIC – Little form of late.
4. JEONGSANG KOREA – Shown promise in four outings to date but plenty to find in this company.
5. POKPUNGUI JEWANG – Well back behind Dangdae Geoham and Jeongsang Korea last start.
6. SUPER SOLAR – Yet to win in 21 and unlikely to change here.
7. JUNGANG SINHWA – Two starts into a comeback. Improvement not impossible.
8. DANGDAE GEOHAM – In decent form of late and a contender here.
9. BADA STAR – Returns following a lengthy spell. Trialled up well.
10. WORLD NUMBER ONE – Shown improvement in three starts so far.
11. SWICH – Well back last time and plenty to find here.
12. BIG GREAT – Shown little in five outings.
Verdict: Another tricky race and (1) TWO TWO RAPTOR and (4) JEONGSANG KOREA look to be the picks. (8) DANGDAE GEOHAM and (10) WORLD NUMBER ONE also have claims while the up in class (2) MOHAVE WANGJA shouldn’t be ignored either.
Selections (1) Two Two Raptor (4) Jeongsang Korea (10) World Number One (8) Dangdae Geoham
Next Best 2, 9
Fast Start 1, 4, 8
Race 9: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 55 Million
1. ACE JILJU – Recent form less than overwhelming.
2. SUNGANUI BEOPCHIK – Coming back into form in recent starts and in the frame here.
3. REALLY ONE – Inconsistent but usually beats plenty.
4. GORYEOUI KKUM – Class 5 winner in January but had a hard time last start.
5. MOMENT – Struggled in three outings at this level.
6. YEONGGWANGUIHUNTER – Back to back wins in November and December and creditable 5th latest. A chance.
7. LEGEND WINNER – Recent form doesn’t attract.
8. MISS BLUE – Consistent placer recently and solid chances again.
9. KWAEHAN YEONGUNG – Decent 2nd at this class last November and not impossible here.
10. POWERFUL FORCE – Improved last time but plenty still to find.
11. KKEUTPAN AERO – Two starts, two wins and the one to beat here.
Verdict: (11) KKEUTPAN AERO has won both starts so far and while she is up in both class and distance, she should have too much here. (2) SUNGANUI BEOPCHIK enters in decent shape and looks to get close while (6) YEONGGWANGUIHUNTER and (8) MISS BLUE look best of the rest.
Selections (11) Kkeutpan Aero (2) Sunganui Beopchik (8) Miss Blue (6) Yeonggwanguihunter
Next Best 3, 9
Fast Start 3, 8, 11
Race 10: Class 2 (2000M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
1. FURIOUS PARK – Back in form with a battling 3rd last time.
2. FIELD SCAMPER – Shown little in three starts back since a spell.
3. GYEOUL WANGGUK – 4th behind Furious Park last start. Can get close again.
4. MATCH POWER – Up in class having been awarded the win last time. Looks to be more to come.
5. SEONGSAN PAECHONG – Beaten by a couple of these last start.
6. MR. WHY – Down in class and looks on the slide.
7. BEOLMAUI SIN – 5th behind Miricle Iji last start. Can get closer today.
8. AJU CHEOGANG – Beaten by plenty of these recently.
9. JANTEUGAREU – Solid 2nd last time. Tries two turns for the first time.
10. CHOEGANGIJI – Returns following a spell. May take a watching brief first-up.
11. JILJUUI SIN – Beat three of these on his way to 3rd last start and strongly in the frame today.
12. NAGASINDA – Surprise win over 1800M in December. Won’t be favoured to match that today.
13. MIRACLE IJI – Beat three of these when winning a good race a month ago and must be respected.
14. MR KAISER – Recent form doesn’t tempt.
Verdict: (4) MATCH POWER was promoted to winner having suffered interference last start and while up in class today, looks to be going places. (11) JILJUUI SIN and (13) MIRACLE IJI are proven performers at the level and must be considered while (7) BEOLMAUI SIN and (1) FURIOUS PARK are also to be taken into account.
Selections (4) Match Power (13) Miracle Iji (11) Jiljuui Sin (7) Beolmaui Sin
Next Best 1, 3
Fast Start 4, 7, 11