Saturday’s racing is at Seoul with 10 races from 10:35 to 18:00, Here are the previews:
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Special Weight A / KRW 25 Million
Seven fillies and a colt in this maiden. (1) SMARTY GLORY led for much of the way around on her latest start in February over 1300M, ultimately finishing 3rd. She has since been back to trial which she won in good style in late March. She comes slightly back in trip and has solid claims here. (2) SONGAM NURI enters after a best finish to date when 2nd at this distance on April 8th when settling midfield and running on. She continues under a 4kg allowance so is nicely in again and can aim for a repeat. (7) SAMBA ZONE races for the first time since last November. She has the fastest time among these to her name and while she didn’t offer too many clues when trialling in mid-April, on her old form she should be competitive in this company. (8) SHOOT UP SPARK and (5) TAEPYEONGMU other placing chances.
|Selections||(1) Smarty Glory (2) Songam Nuri (7) Samba Zone (8) Shoot Up Spark|
|Next Best||8, 6|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 7, 8|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Special Weight A / KRW 40 Million
Three-year-old maidens. (1) SSEULMO looks to have figured things out with a 3rd and a 2nd from his latest two, both at this distance and both times having led for much of the way around. He should be on the speed again and can go one better here. (9) CHEONJI SKY ran an improved 3rd at start number two over this distance on March 11th. He settled midfield and ran on that day but in this company may be able to get a more forward position and can go close again. (2) MY ONE has hinted at ability in his latest two outings, running on well for 4th and 5th over this distance. He has the fastest final furlong average time among these and should be a danger late on. (3) GEUMSEONG REVERE and (8) PURPLE SHINHWA others who have shown encouraging signs.
|Selections||(1) Sseulmo (9) Cheonji Sky (2) My One (3) Geumseong Revere|
|Next Best||8, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 8, 9|
Seoul Race 3: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(3) EVERY CHARM ran out a good winner over this distance on March 18th, stalking the leader throughout before finishing well. She comes up in class here but comes into a better gate and there could be more to come. (2) WALGADAK got her maiden win over 1200M in January and comes in off a 3rd place at this class over that same distance on April 9th when from a wide gate she sat right at the back for most of the way before making good progress late on. From a much better draw, she should be much closer this time and is a danger. That will mean overturning the form on (7) HANGANG HERO, who ran 2nd in that April 9th race, running on from midfield. That was an uptick in form on recent starts and while she remains a maiden, she looks nicely in again here. (5) TOGETHER WAY and (4) BARAMGWA HAMKKE, the latter having trialled nicely twice since his latest appearance, are others in the frame.
|Selections||(3) Every Charm (2) Walgadak (7) Hangang Hero (5) Together Way|
|Next Best||4, 6|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 7, 9|
Seoul Race 4: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(9) K N GOLDEN KING got his maiden win at start number three over this distance on April 8th when making all. He was favourite that day after two decent showings in his first two starts, and while he comes up in class here, he will be fancied to win again. (5) MAUIWAY got his maiden win in dominant fashion back in January and has since acquitted himself well with a 5th and a 3rd in two tries at this class. He has raced well from on pace and from behind, and he should be going close again. (10) SMARTY FIGHTER is another up in class following a last start maiden win, in his case over this distance on April 2nd when stalking the lead and running on. He too should measure up at this level. (1) DONGHAENG FIRST remains winless but comes up in class after near-misses in each of her first four appearances. From a good draw, she can be on pace and competitive. (6) DESK TAP among others in the minor money frame.
|Selections||(9) K N Golden King (5) Mauiway (10) Smarty Fighter (1) Donghaeng First|
|Next Best||6, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 5, 9|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1700M) Special Weight B / KRW 40 Million
(6) PERFECT GUN MAN ran out a class and distance winner on April 1st, settling just off the pace before finishing strongly. He had three of today’s rivals behind and as he only comes up 1kg in the weights, he is the one to beat again. (11) FEDERAL KING ran 2nd in that April 1st race, settling right back and then finishing well. The wide draw isn’t an issue as he’ll go back anyway, and he can be running on strong and into the money again. (7) GOMANARU was 3rd in that race having also settled back in the field. There was barely a length between the three of them and the rematch today could be just as close. If you don’t like the form from that race, then (1) THUNDER HORSE, 2nd two starts back at class and distance, and (3) BUL HWASAN, are among alternatives.
|Selections||(6) Perfect Gun Man (11) Federal King (7) Gomanaru (1) Thunder Horse|
|Next Best||3, 8|
|Fast Start||4, 7, 9, 10|
Seoul Race 6: Class 4 (1700M) Special Weight B / KRW 60 Million
(3) TIZ ENERGY may be a sixteen-start maiden buy his recent form suggests that can change. He comes in off a 2nd and 3rd in his latest two, both at this class and both over 1800M and having overcome wide draws to find a handy position. From a better barrier, he may get an easier run to his favoured spot this time, and he can win. (5) NAUI NARA returns to action for the first time since last August. While 1700M first-up is a tough ask, he has a good record around the distance, including a class 5 win and a runner-up finish at this level. He trialled competently enough in April and can put in a bold first-up showing. (8) ROYAL HAMSEONG got his solitary win at class and distance three starts back. He carries his fair share of weight here but had to contend with similar last time out when coming from well back to run 2nd. Don’t rule out. (4) SUN FIGHTING and (7) NINE EYE others in the frame.
|Selections||(3) Tiz Energy (5) Naui Nara (8) Royal Hamseong (4) Sun Fighting|
|Next Best||7, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 6, 7|
Seoul Race 7: Class 4 (1700M) Special Weight B / KRW 60 Million
(7) SWEET JUICE BAR has nine top-four finishes from twelve starts and enters off back-to-back 3rds most recently over this distance on April 9th when leading for much of the way around and beating three of today’s rivals. He’ll be on pace again here and this time can go all the way. (3) FAST TRACK was among those beaten by Sweet Juice Bar in that April race. Two starts back he was a winner at this class over 1800M, leading all the way, and with Moon Se-young climbing on, he is likely to be well-backed here. (4) BERRING MAN and (8) GLOBAL LUCKY were also in that race, running 5th and 4th respectively and they can both challenge to get closer this time around. Among those who didn’t go in the April 9th race, (6) SUN FO RE is perhaps the best.
|Selections||(7) Sweet Juice Bar (3) Fast Track (4) Berring Man (8) Global Lucky|
|Next Best||6, 5|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3, 7|
Seoul Race 8: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(1) DAEWANGU ran out a strong winner at class and distance on April 2nd when settling midfield and finishing well. He comes up a full 5kg in the weights but that’s balanced a little by a good draw, and he can win again. (6) DREAM SPEED comes into contention following a return to form on April 8th when 2nd at this class over 1300M. She comes up a couple of kilograms as a result but should be competitive again. (2) IMUGI ran 4th behind Daewangu in that April 2nd race. He gets a big swing in the weights and can get closer than the more than six-lengths he was beaten by that day. (3) CUPID WARRIOR should benefit for the drop back in trip to a distance at which he won at in December. Similarly (9) STILL PLAY had a hard time on his first try at this level over 1400M in March but should be happier for the return to six-furlongs here.
|Selections||(1) Daewangu (6) Dream Speed (2) Imugi (3) Cupid Warrior|
|Next Best||9, 10|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 7, 10|
Seoul Race 9: Class 4 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(4) TES GO DAEBO has been the beaten favourite on both his latest two starts running a very close 2nd and then a but further away 3rd, both over 1400M. He comes up to the mile for the first time and that could be exactly what he needs to make it third time lucky as market leader. (8) KING HONOR returned from five months out to run a solid 2nd over 1700M on April 1st. He should have derived benefit from that run and in this small field can find his way to the front and be in this race a long way. (1) STAR BLADE had a hard time over 1800M last start but has plenty of good experience at this distance and can be in the mix here. (7) GYEONGBU DORYEONG and (5) RUN RUN RUN are others with placing chances.
|Selections||(4) Tes Go Daebo (8) King Honor (1) Star Blade (7) Gyeongbu Doryeong|
|Next Best||5, 3|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 7, 8|
Seoul Race 10: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(8) FLYING GOLD was a big odds class and distance winner two starts back on March 12th before running fairly for 6th of eleven last time out on April 16th. He has run some quick times at this trip, this set of opposition doesn’t look intimidating, and Moon Se-young gets on. (7) HI HI returns to action for the first time in more than a year. He trialled up nicely in mid-April and if he can find any of his old form, he can go close first-up here. (5) MUNHAK STORM beat a couple of these on his way to 4th place n his first try at this class and distance on April 9th. He continues under a light weight and should be in the finish once more. (9) CHOEGANG QUEEN and (2) ROYAL ELVIS are others to keep safe.
|Selections||(8) Flying Gold (7) Hi Hi (5) Munhak Storm (9) Choegang Queen|
|Next Best||2, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 9, 11|