The weekend’s racing gets underway at Busan on Friday with 10-races from 11:00 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Busan Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Three-year-old maidens with six of the twelve racing for the very first time. After a promising trial, (7) STAR FURY debuted over this distance on December 11th and having settled midfield, worked home well for 2nd place. He was well beaten by a good winner but should have derived benefit from the experience and he looks the one to beat here. (5) MORNING FLOW made his first appearance over 1000M on December 9th and was on pace throughout ultimately coming home in 3rd. He should have come on for that and with some natural improvement can be in the mix here. Among the first timers, (10) ROCK POWER is the standout. He won a December trial in a good time when running on pace and he can put in a bold showing first up here. (4) U PING and (6) HAERANG JANGGUN among others in the frame.
|Selections||(7) Star Fury (5) Morning Flow (10) Rock Power (4) U Ping|
|Next Best||6, 2|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 5, 10|
Busan Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
After an inauspicious debut in November, (4) BLACK VOLT returned on December 9th and put in a much better run for 2nd over 1000M when midfield and then handy. The additional trip shouldn’t be an issue and he can go one better today. (2) DAHAMKKEDALLIJA debuted in that December 9th race and after a shaky start veritably flew home for 3rd behind Black Volt. He should be better for that run, the extra 300M should suit and plenty will back him to overturn the form on Black Volt. (10) JEOLDAE BOSS has a 3rd and a 4th from his latest two, the latter in a good time over 1200M. He is done no favours by the draw but can be a danger here. (5) UNMATCHED has run 5th in both starts so far, settling back and running on and should be aiming to better that here. Solitary debut-maker (9) THEIA has been through several trials, posting fair times, and this isn’t intimidating company to debut in.
|Selections||(4) Black Volt (2) Dahamkkedallija (10) Jeoldae Boss (5) Unmatched|
|Next Best||9, 1|
|Fast Start||8, 10, 11, 12|
Busan Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
Tricky race. (4) GOODY will probably be favourite based on the 3rd and 2nd place finishes he has secured at 1200M. Last time out he drew wide and didn’t feature until late on but he comes into a better gate today and there isn’t much in the way of early speed so he may get an easier run. He has as much chance as any. (3) PLAY THE INDY was a much-improved 2nd last time when second-up following eight months out. He should be on pace here and may be peaking fitness wise. (7) TOP FRIEND has shown steady progress across the outings so far. He has gone well back on each occasion before running on and the slight step up in trip may be in his favour. (5) JEONGMUN CHITA and (6) SPECIAL JOHN among others in at least the placing hunt.
|Selections||(4) Goody (3) Play The Indy (7) Top Friend (5) Jeongmun Chita|
|Next Best||6, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3, 4|
Busan Race 4: Class 6 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
(2) ARTHUR KING IJI was a beaten favourite over 1400M on December 16th when on pace and leading for much of the way. He comes up further in trip today and from a good draw should be on pace or handy and he is very much worth another chance. (10) DALLILLAEYO has improved across three starts so far and has finished off his races very well. He looks like he needs a but of distance and the step up to the mile can suit. That could be the case too for (11) YEOSU TORNADO. He is yet to finish better than 4th in eleven appearances but he has shown signs recently of figuring things out and can be challenging late here. (8) HAMAN BAEKISAN enters off a runner-up finish over this distance on December 9th and with the same apprentice jockey keeping the weight down, can go close again. (1) INDIE BULPAE is the wildcard, returning to action more than six months after his sole race start.
|Selections||(2) Arthur King Iji (10) Dallillaeyo (11) Yeosu Tornado (8) Haman Baekisan|
|Next Best||1, 12|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 10, 12|
Busan Race 5: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(8) YEONGGWANGUI ACE ran out a gate to wire winner over this distance at what for him was start number two on December 4th. He comes up in class today but the Hansen colt looks to have plenty of scope for more improvement and he will be the one to beat. (1) NICE DAY almost went all the way over 1300M at this class on December 11th, ultimately being passed in the closing stages for a narrow loss. He’s back in trip today to the distance at which he picked up his only win so far and from a good draw he should be on pace and can be in this a long way. (3) TAP STAR races for the first time since last July but he looked well when making all in a trial on Christmas Eve and if he can bring that form to the races, he can be competitive in this company. (7) HANGANG SAVER and the up in class (10) HANEUL SEUNGNI are among plenty of others who can enter the calculations.
|Selections||(8) Yeonggwangui Ace (1) Nice Day (3) Tap Star (7) Hangang Saver|
|Next Best||10, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 8, 10, 11|
Busan Race 6: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(5) FANTASTIC DAY ran out a very good winner on debut over 1000M on December 23rd when only fairly away but quickly on top and then running away from the field. He comes up in class and also in trip, but both can be overcome and he can maintain his 100% record here. It won’t necessarily be easy though. (11) GOLDEN POINT is yet to win in ten attempts but he has no fewer than eight to-five finishes. He has the fastest time among those who have tackled the distance before and is tactically versatile so the wide draw shouldn’t be too problematic. He has a chance. (2) ETERNAL ACE ran 5th to Golden Point’s 4th when they faced each other at class and distance on December 11th. At the start before, he made all to win at 1300M at class 6 level. From a good draw, he should be right in this. (4) GREAT MISS and (3) AREUMDAUN INYEON among others in the frame.
|Selections||(5) Fantastic Day (11) Golden Point (2) Eternal Ace (4) Great Miss|
|Next Best||3, 7|
|Fast Start||5, 6, 10, 12|
Busan Race 7: Class 5 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
At his latest start in the Breeders’ Cup champion juvenile race over 1400M, (9) BARAMBARAM got shuffled back in the pack early and from then on was unable to make an impact. His form prior to that had been strong though, including beating a couple of today’s rivals on his way to 4th place at this class and distance in November. Back into shallower waters today, he is the one to beat. (4) DOCTOR PENTAGON is yet to win in thirteen attempts but has been largely consistent with eight top five finishes. An apprentice jockey takes his weight right down here and he is not without a chance. (11) MAIN BRIDGE too comes in very nicely weighted under an apprentice claim. He comes up to this distance for the first time and it can suit. (5) HAENAM JJANGDOL and the up in class (10) CUQUENAN are among others who can enter the calculations.
|Selections||(9) Barambaram (4) Doctor Pentagon (11) Main Bridge (5) Haenam Jjangdol|
|Next Best||10, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 5, 10|
Busan Race 8: Class 4 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(5) SEOBU BIGSTEP comes rapidly up in class having won two from four so far. His latest was over 1400M when he lead from gate to wire and while the time wasn’t fast, he had previously shown speed at shorter. The additional trip shouldn’t be a problem and he can win again. (1) DOCTOR PERSIA enters in very solid form with two runner-up finishes and a 3rd place from his last three outings at 1400M, 1800M and 1600M. He comes down in the weights here, draws much better and will have plenty of support. (8) YOUNG BOSS comes up in class and distance following back-to-back wins over 1400M at class 5 level. He carries his fair share of weight but he can measure up in this company. (2) RAON THE FIGHTING and (10) DEMON SPY are among others to consider.
|Selections||(5) Seobu Bigstep (1) Doctor Persia (8) Young Boss (2) Raon The Fighting|
|Next Best||10, 3|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 6, 11|
Busan Race 9: Class 4 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(5) STAR MATTA beat three of these on his way to a strong 2nd place finish over this distance in a valuable race on December 18th when handy throughout and only beaten by the useful Haenam Hammer. He is similarly weighted here and from a kind draw, he may have too much. (3) KING BROTHER and (7) KING GRACE finished 3rd and 4th respectively behind Star Matta in that December 18th race, the former settling handy with the latter going back and running on. The pair of them may prove to be the biggest dangers here. (6) GUARDIAN ANGEL comes in off a smart class and distance 2nd place on December 23rd when she had some of today’s rivals behind him. She went right back that day and then ran on but may be ridden further forward here and is not without a chance. (2) ALL CROWN among others in at least the placing hunt.
|Selections||(5) Star Matta (3) King Brother (7) King Grace (6) Guardian Angel|
|Next Best||2, 12|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 10, 12|
Busan Race 10: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(9) GEUMA PASSIONATE enters here a perfect three from three having won all in fine style and all at this distance. He comes up in class here but is down in the weights and has every chance of maintaining his 100% record. This is his stiffest test to date though. (4) AGAIN TOUCH saw her own winning streak end at three when beaten into a very close 2nd over this distance on December 23rd having led almost to the line. She will be disputing the early lead with Geuma Passionate and with a better draw, could well come home on top. (7) SANGSEUNG BOY is putting together a string of wins of his own. It currently stands at two following back-to-back victories over 1400M, most recently at this class. He has had twelve weeks off so comes in fresh and can go close here. Last start winners (8) YEONGGWANGUI START and (10) DOCTOR CAESAR are among others to take into account.
|Selections||(9) Geuma Passionate (4) Again Touch (7) Sangseung Boy (8) Yeonggwangui Start|
|Next Best||10, 6|
|Fast Start||4, 8, 9, 10|