Saturday’s racing is at Seoul with 10 races from 10:45 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maidens in the opener with five of them racing for the first time. (5) JUMONG CHEONHA is the pick having run 4th on debut at the end of August when handy throughout. He previously won a trial in a good time and with some natural improvement from his debut, can win. (7) CHROMITE went through a couple of trials before finishing 3rd on debut on September 24th. He never looked like getting to the first two but it was an encouraging performance that he should have derived benefit from. Of the first-timers, (2) SINPUNG YEOGEOL took a couple of trials to figure out what she was meant to be doing but she looked good in her latest at the end of September when she led throughout, ultimately crossing the line 2nd in a fair time. She draws well and should be ready for this. (4) YONGBI SEOUL and (3) HANGANG JILJU others in the frame.
|Selections||(5) Jumong Cheonha (7) Chromite (2) Sinpung Yeogeol (4) Yongbi Seoul|
|Next Best||3, 6|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 4, 5|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
More juvenile maidens but just two of the ten are racing for the first time. There are a lot of letters in her name but (3) SEONGSILGONGJUPINK won a September trial before showing prominently in her debut on October 16th, ultimately finishing 3rd. She should have come on for that, Alan Munro climbs aboard, she draws well, and the additional furlong can suit. (6) THUNDER BRAVO has hinted at ability across three outings to date with the best being a 4th place at five furlongs in August. He draws much better than he did in his latest outing on September 25th when he had to contend with gate twelve but still worked home well for 6th place and he can improve here. (2) GLOBAL KANGTA finished 4th in that September 25th race having come from well off the pace. That was an improvement on his first two outings and he can continue to make progress here. (4) JAEWOO SIDAE and (5) SINUI BANJEON are others who can enter the calculations.
|Selections||(3) Seongsilgongjupink (6) Thunder Bravo (2) Global Kangta (4) Jaewoo Sidae|
|Next Best||5, 8|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 5, 6|
Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
(12) RUNNER MONSTER beat four of these on his way to 2nd place at this distance on October 2nd when sitting midfield and then running on to be narrowly defeated. He comes up 3kg without the benefit of an apprentice claim today and he is done absolutely no favours by the draw, but a similar run will see him go close. (4) HEEMANG WARRIOR was 4th in the October 2nd race having been handy throughout. She meets Runner Monster better at the weights and with a better gate and is capable of overturning the form. We’ll need to take (2) BOSS BABY on trust as he has never run further than 1200M. His recent form has been his best so far, however, and from a good draw, there is a chance the extended trip can suit. (8) DAECHEON CHAMP similarly comes up to two turns for the first time. She ran on well for 5th at her latest outing over 1400M having settled well back and is worth some thought. (1) HAPPY NICE ran 3rd in the October 2nd race and is another in the hunt.
|Selections||(12) Runner Monster (4) Heemang Warrior (2) Boss Baby (8) Daecheon Champ|
|Next Best||1, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 5, 8|
Seoul Race 4: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(9) HANGANGUI GISANG won an August trial and then duly led practically from gate to wire on debut over this distance on September 17th. He had to work hard to see off a determined challenge but did so well enough. He comes up in class and will be expected to win again. That determined challenge came from (12) PURGE DAY who returned that day eleven months after his previous outing. He was 2nd throughout and as that wasn’t his first runner-up finish, he comes up in class too. He should measure up and be the main danger again but the draw is very much against him overturning the form on the favourite. (7) LONDON SKY enters off a good 3rd place at class and distance on August 21st and following a couple of months off can go well fresh here. (10) SMART POWER and (1) KING MOUNTAIN are others with at least place chances.
|Selections||(9) Hangangui Gisang (12) Purge Day (7) London Sky (10) Smart Power|
|Next Best||1, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 6, 11|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Fillies (and one mare) only here. (1) GEUMA CHIC is yet to win from six starts but her form has been solid. She comes slightly back in trip following 3rd place over 1400M on September 17th and from a very nice draw, today can be her day. (11) JAY TROSS was an also-ran in the Luna Stakes, the first leg of the Triple Tiara, after which she seemed to lose her way a little, but returned to form with 2nd place at class and distance on September 25th. She comes up in the weights today but her running style suggests the wide draw won’t be a problem and she can be finishing strongly here. (3) NAMSAN KKOT comes up in class following a first-up win over 1200M on October 8th. She doesn’t get an apprentice claim here but could stripe fitter for the run and can measure up in this company. (5) GREENBACK and (6) TROT QUEEN among others to consider.
|Selections||(1) Geuma Chic (11) Jay Tross (3) Namsan Kkot (5) Greenback|
|Next Best||6, 12|
|Fast Start||5, 6, 7, 9|
Seoul Race 6: Class 5 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(1) LUCKY SUN was a fine winner on debut over 1000M on September 24th when he settled midfield before running away to win comfortably. He comes up in class and significantly in trip, but he looks to have plenty of potential for further development and he can maintain his 100% record here. The main danger is (6) GEONGONILCHEOK. He got his maiden with an all the way score over 1300M two starts back before running a good 2nd on his first try at this class and distance on September 24th in a good time. He draws well enough to be on pace here and he has solid claims again. (10) HOEDURYEONG has been ultra-consistent in his recent races, coming close each time. He is tactically versatile so the wide draw shouldn’t be an issue and he may be considered here. (3) GOLDEN HONOR and (9) GANGNYEOKHANJIGEUM, whose win came at this distance, are others worth some thought.
|Selections||(1) Lucky Sun (6) Geongonilcheok (10) Hoeduryeong (3) Golden Honor|
|Next Best||9, 2|
|Fast Start||6, 8, 9, 10|
Seoul Race 7: Class 4 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(7) CHEONGDAM TANK was a class and distance winner on October 2nd when he overcame gate nine, something that isn’t easy to do over a mile at Seoul, to sit handy and run on. He comes up 3kg for his troubles but draws slightly better and will take some beating here. (8) YAMUJIN WANGCHO comes up in class having scored at the eleventh time of asking on September 24th. He is up in trip too but that shouldn’t be of concern. His recent form reads very well and he can be competitive in this company. (1) SUPER ECTON ran 3rd behind Cheongdam Tank in that October 2nd race. He comes into a much better gate today and can match or better than performance. (10) P N S CHANCE and (6) BLUE CHARM are others in the placing frame.
|Selections||(7) Cheongdam Tank (8) Yamujin Wangcho (1) Super Ecton (10) P N S Chance|
|Next Best||6, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 8, 9, 10|
Seoul Race 8: Class 4 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(3) ORAE HAMKKEHAJA was an all the way winner over 1700M at class 5 level two starts back before almost repeating the trick at this class and distance on September 25th only to be denied late on by Saryeoni First. He comes up 2kg under today’s conditions but draws very nicely to lead again and he will be hard to go past. (8) NONSTOP GISANG was a somewhat surprising winner at class 5 level over 1700M on September 18th when sitting handy and running on. He is up in class but the favourite aside, there isn’t much to fear here and he can be competitive. (2) KINGDOM STORM also comes in off a class 5 win, in his case over a mile on October 9th. The start before he was 3rd behind Saryeonni First and Orae Hamkkehaja when taking a shy at the stumps out of class. He carries much more weight than he did that day but looks a place line here. Down in weight with an apprentice claim, (5) BIG YAK has minor money hopes, as does (7) BERRING MAN.
|Selections||(3) Orae Hamkkehaja (8) Nonstop Gisang (2) Kingdom Storm (5) Big Yak|
|Next Best||7, 9|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 6, 8|
Seoul Race 9: lass 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
Fillies and mares only here. (4) NEMO PRINCESS ran out a really good winner over this distance at class 4 level two starts back and. She was sent off favourite for her first try at this class on October 8th but was slightly slow away, taking a bump in the process and showed no better than 5th. She is worth another chance today. (3) DAEJIUI YEOIN began her career in a hurry, winning six of her first eight races. She then appeared to find her level but looks ready to make another breakthrough having run a very close 2nd at this class over 1400M on August 21st. She comes in fresh following a couple of months off, she should be on the speed here, and she has a big chance. (7) MOST SPEED enters off a good class and distance 3rd in August and the same apprentice keeps the weight light. (9) SARYEONI QUEEN has been racing recently in much tougher races than this and along with (6) MUNHAK ZENYATTA is one to keep safe.
|Selections||(4) Nemo Princess (3) Daejiui Yeoin (7) Most Speed (9) Saryeoni Queen|
|Next Best||6, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4, 7|
Seoul Race 10: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Good race to finish with. (2) DAEMUL gets the nod having won at this distance in a fast time at class 5 level two starts back before finishing 2nd on his first try at this level at 1300M on September 25th. He draws beautifully here and may take some beating. (10) JANGGUN BYEOL enters in similarly good form with his two wins having come in his latest four outings, in which time he has come up two classes. He is tactically versatile so the wide gate shouldn’t be too much of an inconvenience and he can go close here. (8) COLJOY was the winner of that September 25th race, beating Daemul into 2nd when he made all. The weight and the gate are not in his favour this time but he warrants respect nevertheless. (4) ENERGIZER can have a line drawn through his latest over 1400M when he drew wide and was scarcely involved. This should suit much more. (7) JILJU BORN another in the hunt.
|Selections||(2) Daemul (10) Janggun Byeol (8) Coljoy (4) Energizer|
|Next Best||7, 11|
|Fast Start||5, 7, 8, 9|