Saturday’s action is at Seoul where there is a lengthy 15-race program running from 2pm to 9pm. Here are the previews:
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maidens on the opener with seven of the eleven making their racecourse debuts. We’ll go with experience and (3) GEUMA ALLURE was an in no way disgraced 6th of nine on debut over this trip on June 18th when settling back and running on in a fair time. She comes into a better gate today and that experience can prove valuable. So it can for (10) NEMO PRINCE. He ran 2nd in a trial before finishing in 5th of eight on his debut on June 25th, also settling back and running on. He draws wider here but should be a danger. Of the first-time starters, (2) EFFEL TAP ran 3rd in a trial earlier this month. He raced handy and with not much early speed here, from a good draw he can possibly lead here. (6) BAEDARI GONGJU and (7) GIPPEUM HWANHO other debut-makers who may go close.
|Selections||(3) Geuma Allure (10) Nemo Prince (2) Effel Tap (6) Baedari Gongju|
|Next Best||7, 11|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 7, 8|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
Having run 3rd on debut, (4) HIDDEN BLADE was sent off as favourite for her second start which came at this distance on July 9th. Although she led, she weakened in the closing stages finishing down the pack. She can be given another chance here and with Munro taking the ride and a good draw again, this time she may make no mistake. (1) YONGCHEON JISANG took a couple of goes to figure things out but has a 2nd and a 4th from his latest two, both at this distance. He draws very nicely again to drop in behind the early speed and run on. (7) SHOOTING REVERSE was an improved 2nd on her most recent outing over this distance on June 26th, albeit a fair distance behind a good winner. Her style has been to settle back and come from off the pace and she can be a danger here late on. (5) HWARANG TODAY raced just the once, all the way back in October of last year and showed promise, running 2nd over 1000M. He looked well when trialing on July 8th and can put in a big show first-up here. (10) DUSON DRIVE another in the frame.
|Selections||(4) Hidden Blade (1) Yongcheon Jisang (7) Shooting Reverse (5) Hwarang Today|
|Next Best||10, 11|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 5, 10|
Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
Wide open race. (7) LAST CALL has the fastest time among these at the distance, recorded when 4th last December. He was out for seven months after that, returning with a 5th place over this distance on July 10th. He will have needed that and while he does come up 3kg, can go closer today. (10) K N TIZWON has three top-four finishes among four starts so far. He comes in following his best of 3rd over 1200M on June 11th. An apprentice takes 4kg off his back and he can be a big danger here. (9) STAR CRAZY also benefits from an apprentice claim. He led for much of the way around at his latest start on July 3rd, ultimately running 2nd and while the draw doesn’t favour him this time, he has enough speed to get forward early and be in this a long way. (3) ECHO ZONE and (2) GLOBAL STORM others with placing claims.
|Selections||(7) Last Call (10) K N Tizwon (9) Star Crazy (3) Echo Zone|
|Next Best||2, 11|
|Fast Start||4, 7, 9, 10|
Seoul Race 4: Class 6 (1400M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
(11) KING HONOR comes in off his best finish to date when 2nd over this distance on July 2nd having raced handily throughout. He has the fastest time among these for the distance and while he draws the car park here, he doesn’t necessarily need to lead and should have enough about him to get the job done here. (8) EUNHYE RECORD comes in off a best finish to date of 2nd, scored over 1300M on June 26th when settling midfield and running on well. He has run fairly at this distance too and looks to be the main danger to the favourite. (3) P N S THE KING has a 2nd place to his name and is another who has shown ability at this distance. He draws well here and can be a threat. (10) NEOREUL EUNGWONHAE and (4) HEEMANG WARRIOR among others in the frame.
|Selections||(11) King Honor (8) Eunhye Record (3) P N S The King (10) Neoreul Eungwonhae|
|Next Best||4, 1|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 10, 11|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(9) CONCORDE SPURT is the one to beat here. He steps up to this trip for the first time having shown good ability over 1200M including his last start runner-up finish at this class when he settled midfield and ran on. His solitary win was gate to wire so he is tactically versatile and should have too much for this field. (8) NONSTOP WINNING doesn’t exactly do that but he does come in following a good 3rd place at class and distance last time out on June 25th. A similar run will put him in the finish here. (4) BLUE CHARM enters off back-to-back 3rd places at 1700M and 1200M. He’s run fair times at this trip too and shouldn’t be too far away again. (1) NEW SMART is up in class but down in weight and can be competitive (2) MIR POWER, a last start winner over 1300M, also comes up in class and can measure up.
|Selections||(9) Concorde Spurt (8) Nonstop Winning (4) Blue Charm (1) New Smart|
|Next Best||2, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 7, 10|
Seoul Race 6: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Wide open race. (4) WORLD KING MAN ran 2nd on debut before winning at start number two, both over 1000M and both times handy throughout. He comes up in class here and out in trip, but both can be overcome, and he has every chance of winning again. (10) A ONE STAR has very similar form coming up in class following victory at his second start over 1000M on June 25th. He settled back and worked through the line well so the step up in trip can suit. (2) CHANGER is another up in class after a maiden win. In his case it was at the sixth time of asking on July 3rd, but it was over this distance. He has plenty of weight to carry but draws well and can be competitive. (6) DOWN THE ZONE and (5) BURUI GASOK are others with solid claims.
|Selections||(4) World King Man (10) A One Star (2) Changer (6) Down The Zone|
|Next Best||5, 7|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 6, 9|
Seoul Race 7: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(7) DREAM K won on debut over 1200M back in May before running 2nd to Cosmo on her first try at this class and distance on June 19th. It was a fast time, and a similar run will see her home on top here. (1) GEUMSEONG CROWN comes up in class following a comfortable win over this distance on July 2nd. He draws nicely on the inside and can be competitive at this level. (5) SEMYEONG NARAE has plenty of experience at this level and her recent form reads well, especially her class and distance 2nd place on June 26th. She has consistently run good times at 1300M and will be in the hunt for another place finish here. (10) HOEDURYEONG has the fastest time of any of these over the trip and along with (2) BICHUI DAERYUK is another in the money frame.
|Selections||(7) Dream K (1) Geumseong Crown (5) Semyeong Narae (10) Hoeduryeong|
|Next Best||2, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 7, 9, 10|
Seoul Race 8: Class 4 (1400M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(2) WILD SOCKS comes in having won his latest two, most recently at class and distance on July 3rd when sitting handy and running on well. He comes up 3.5kg on that win but has solid claims to complete a hat-trick here. (10) VICS GO is the big danger. He’s won at this distance at class 5 level and comes in having overcome gate twelve to run 2nd on June 26th. He has a strong finish on him and while he may need a touch of luck at the start, he can play a big role in the finish. (8) DREAM SPEED has come home 2nd in each of her latest four outings, the most recent of them at this class over 1700M. She may find one too quick again but can aim for another place. (5) HYPER CAR and (9) SARAMIRAEUNBYEOL among others with placing hopes.
|Selections||(2) Wild Socks (10) Vics Go (8) Dream Speed (5) Hyper Car|
|Next Best||9, 4|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 7, 8|
Seoul Race 9: Class 5 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(4) ORAE HAMKKEHAJA was a winner on debut in May and has since recorded a 5th and a 2nd in two attempts at this class. The latter was over this trip on July 2nd when he led for much of the way around and he is set to be a hot favourite to go one better today. (7) BUL HWASAN has won over this trip in the past and he enters off two encouraging recent runs. Munro remains aboard and he could go close. (6) VIKING HEART was a class and distance winner in February and has since recorded a 4th and two 5th place finishes. He looks a place chance in this company. (10) STORM WARRIOR is another who is generally knocking on the door of the places and should be again. (8) REAL PACK was 5th to Orae Hamkkehaja’s 2nd on July 2nd and could get closer this time.
|Selections||(4) Orae Hamkkehaja (7) Bul Hwasan (6) Viking Heart (10) Storm Warrior|
|Next Best||8, 1|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4, 8|
Seoul Race 10: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(5) YONGHOJIMA loves finishing 2nd. He’s done it on five of seven starts, achieving the somewhat dubious honor of being a locally-bred maiden in class 4. He does look very nicely in here though, with a light weight, a good draw and Moon Se-young climbing aboard. It could be his day. Should he find one too quick again – and given his record, he might – (3) WINNER QUARDRILLE looks the most likely candidate. He returned from an eight-month absence to run a very good 2nd at this class over 1200M on May 21st. He should have benefitted from that run and can be a big danger today. (10) WONDERFUL KITTY comes up in class having win in a decent time over 1200M on July 3rd. This is her first time stretching out to 1300M too, but she should be equal to it. (4) DREAM YEOWANG, also up in class, and (2) PERFECT POWER are among others in the placing frame.
|Selections||(5) Yonghojima (3) Winner Quardrille (10) Wonderful Kitty (4) Dream Yeowang|
|Next Best||2, 1|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 6, 11|
Seoul Race 11: Class 4 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(2) YONGAM BOSS comes up in class following a good win over 1300M on June 26th. It took him a few tires to figure things out but he has been very good recently. The slight step up in trip should suit and he has every chance. (7) TROTTING RILEY won his first two starts to come up rapidly in class. He showed he compete at this level when 3rd over this distance at his most recent outing on July 2nd having led for much of the way around. He will be on pace again and should be in this a long way. (9) JANGSAN MONSTER is yet to win in fifteen attempts but has no fewer than eight top-three finishes. That includes his latest four, all at this class and distance and while he is up a little in weight, he can place again. (4) GIANT KILLING and (1) VICTORICA are others who can enter the calculations.
|Selections||(2) Yongam Boss (7) Trotting Riley (9) Jangsan Monster (4) Giant Killing|
|Next Best||1, 8|
|Fast Start||4, 7, 9, 10|
Seoul Race 12: Class 3 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(6) RAON THE SPURT comes out of the fill Triple Crown series where she registered 3rd place in the Luna Stakes followed by runner-up finishes in the Korean Oaks and Gyeonggi Governor’s Cup. An on-pace galloper, she can return to winning ways today. (7) GRAY CAT comes up in class and in strip following a fast win over 1300M on June 19th. This is his first run over 1800M but he has previously placed at 1700M and can be in the mix here. (9) JANGSAN POISON is also up in class having scored over 1400M on June 26th. He is significantly down in weight and has previously shown ability at 1700M so the distance shouldn’t be a concern. A close runner-up in that June 26th race was (1) CHUNJI GWANGPUNG. He too comes up in class and distance but down in weight and draws nicely on the inside. He could sneak a place again. (2) GOLDEN SERVICE another in the hunt.
|Selections||(6) Raon The Spurt (7) Gray Cat (9) Jangsan Poison (1) Chunji Gwangpung|
|Next Best||2, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 7, 9|
Seoul Race 13: Class 1 (2000M) Allowance / KRW 110 Million
(2) CHIEF INDY dips his hoof into class 1 waters for the first time here. He is a winner of seven from fourteen so far and comes in thirteen weeks after a good win over 1800M at the end of April. Prior to that, he ran 2nd to Determination in the Listed Sports Chosun Trophy over today’s distance of 2000M and last year ran in all three legs of the Triple Crown, registering 3rd in the KRA Cup Mile and 2nd in the Minister’s Cup. He can win this. (1) HEUNGHAENG JILJU is the big danger. He is an established class and distance winner and while he didn’t go well in his latest outing, the Busan Mayor’s Cup over 1800M last month, he should be a different prospect here. (7) BRIGADIER GENERAL tends to get a bit far back and wide in his races but is a solid class 1 horse and can get close. (5) SUPER SOCKS and the up in class (4) VIKING STORM are others in the frame
|Selections||(2) Chief Indy (1) Heunghaeng Jilju (7) Brigadier General (5) Super Socks|
|Next Best||4, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3, 5|
Seoul Race 14: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Tricky race this. (3) DOKKAEBE gets the nod based on his last start class and distance 2nd when he led for a long way. He only comes up 1kg in the weights and draws nicely to get forward again. (7) YEONGGWANGUI MISO won at class and distance on June 12th, settling midfield and running on. The engagement of an apprentice jockey means she actually carries less weight than she did that day, and a repeat is possible. (10) ALEXANDER ONE has only raced twice before but has shown plenty of potential with a 2nd and a 3rd. He has finished well on both occasions so the wide draw is not too much of a concern and he can go close again. (4) DOUBLE BLACK and (5) FANCY PANTS may sneak minor money.
|Selections||(3) Dokkaebe (7) Yeonggwangui Miso (10) Alexander One (4) Double Black|
|Next Best||5, 1|
|Fast Start||4, 7, 9, 11|
Seoul Race 15: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(8) COBRA BALL was a class and distance winner on June 18th when overcoming a wide gate to settle handy and then prove too strong in the finish with some of today’s rivals back down the track behind him. He comes up 3kg for that effort but is still under a manageable weight and his class can see him home on top again. (4) MUNHAK FIRE comes up in class following a good win over this distance on July 2nd. That had been coming and while this is harder, he comes down in the weights and he can be competitive (10) GO UP was 4th behind Cobra Ball in that June 18th race. That continued a string of consistent top-five finishes, and she can be in the mix again. (6) RAON FASHIONED and (11) MENI CHAMP others who can compete for the places.
|Selections||(8) Cobra Ball (4) Munhak Fire (10) Go Up (6) Raon Fashioned|
|Next Best||11, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 8, 10|