Saturday’s racing is from Seoul where there are 9 races from 10:45 to 18:00. All betting locations are open, however, attendance must be pre-booked through the MyCard app. Here are the previews:
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Three-year-old maidens open the program. (3) DAEBAK STAR overcame a wide draw to run 2nd on his latest start back in January. He has had a couple of months off since and from a much better gate will be the one to beat here. It’s the draw that puts him clear favourite over (10) RIVER TAEYANG. The latter has finished 4th in both starts so far, most recently at this distance on February 20th when he ran on well. Plenty will take note of the jockey booking and he is sure to be well backed. There are four debut-makers and among them (11) TRIPLE JOY and (8) PERMISSION TO WIN trialed up together on February 18th coming home 2nd and 3rd in the heat with fair times. In this company, both should be competitive first-up. Retuning to those with prior experience, (2) WIDAEHAN HANMA is perhaps the most likely to improve.
|Selections||(3) Daebak Star (10) River Taeyang (11) Triple Joy (8) Permission To Win|
|Next Best||2, 9|
|Fast Start||3, 7, 8, 10|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1400M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
Maiden fillies (and one mare) here. (8) FIRST ROAD will be the hot favourite. She’s raced six times so far with a best finish of 2nd place coming over 1200M last November. At her latest two outings, she has overcome wide draws to run close and stepping up to 1400M for the first time, should have too much for this field. (6) ONE MORE RUSH comes in off a good 4th place at 1300M on February 19th when handy and running on. She has the best start among these and should be on pace here and in this a long way. (5) GALSAEK HYANGGI, by contrast, runs best when coming from off the pace. She can drop in here from a good gate and run on strong at the business end. (10) ZEROBAEK FIVE and (1) HAPPY DREAM are others who should be competitive.
|Selections||(8) First Road (6) One More Rush (5) Galsaek Hyanggi (10) Zerobaek Five|
|Next Best||1, 7|
|Fast Start||4, 6, 7, 8|
Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(5) BLACK KING was a much-improved 2nd when stepped up to this distance on February 27th when he sat midfield and ran on, beating plenty of today’s rivals in the process. He carries the same weight today, draws well and could go one better. The step up in trip seems likely to suit (3) MUSTANG POWER. He has run on well in each of his three starts to date at shorter trips but has left himself too much to do each time. The two-turns should be what he needs, and he has solid claims here. (1) CLOUTER came home in 3rd place behind Black King in that February 27th race. That was his best finish in fifteen starts but in this company a repeat or better shouldn’t be ruled out. (11) HANI too comes in off a best finish of 3rd place. The draw does her no favours but she can be competitive again here. (2) EPIPHANY another in the placing frame.
|Selections||(5) Black King (3) Mustang Power (1) Clouter (11) Hani|
|Next Best||2, 12|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 5, 12|
Seoul Race 4: Class 5 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Competitive race but it’s hard to go too far past (12) GOOD NISEN. An all the way winner over 1200M at class 6 level two starts back, he was sent off as favourite for his first try at this class and distance on February 13th but having settled back in the field, could only run into 3rd. Despite the wide draw, he is worth another chance today. (9) CHEONGDAM WICKED returned from eight months out to run 6th of fourteen over this distance on February 27th. She has shown plenty of ability before the layoff and should have come on for that run so improvement can be expected. (2) POWER K won well on debut over 1000M, before putting in a fair run when 3rd at this class over 1200M at the end of January. From a great draw, he can get an easy run to the lead and will be in this a long way. (8) LONDON QUEEN has the fastest time among those who have raced at the distance before and along with the up in class (6) SAINT LUCCA is another who can go close.
|Selections||(12) Good Nisen (9) Cheongdam Wicked (2) Power K (8) London Queen|
|Next Best||6, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 9, 12|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(4) EUNHYE got his maiden win at start number four on February 20th, making all over 1200M. He comes up in class here but that’s tempered by a better draw and a slightly lower weight and though he will need to find improvement, he can win again. (3) JILJU BORN is the main danger and could stat favourite. He has run consistently good times at this distance, including his own win two starts back, and at his latest on February 19th when he overcame a wide draw to run 3rd, beating three of today’s rivals in the process. (7) SKY MANGCHI reutrns to action after six months off, He has shown plenty of promise before his setback and looked very well when winning a trial two weeks ago, leading every step of the way. He’ll obviously need this but can be competitive. (12) HANGANG BOSS, up in class after a maiden win a month ago, and (8) JEONGSANG FIGHTING are others who can enter the calculations.
|Selections||(4) Eunhye (3) Jilju Born (7) Sky Mangchi (12) Hangang Boss|
|Next Best||8, 1|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 5, 7|
Seoul Race 6: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(7) SEONGSIL MONEY has been a model of consistency with nine top-five finishes from ten starts. It took her until her latest, on January 23rd, to secure her maiden win and that does mean she is rapidly up in class – from six to four – in the space of two races. Nevertheless, she comes down in the weights, draws fairly, Moon Se-young stays aboard and a repeat isn’t impossible. (2) RAON DIA has plenty of experience at this level, including two runner-up finishes, and she also has the fastest time among any of these for the distance. She does give away weight today but draws very nicely and has a big chance. (3) VYING BLADE got too far back from a wide gate at his latest start although ran on fairly for 6th. He should be able to get a much better early position this time and is worth another chance. (1) DAESAN TEUKGEUP and (5) SAMANTHA CHEETAH among others with placing chances.
|Selections||(7) Seongsil Money (2) Raon Dia (3) Vying Blade (1) Daesan Teukgeup|
|Next Best||5, 6|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 5, 6|
Seoul Race 7: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(1) VICS GO comes up in class having recorded his second win in fur starts on February 12th when he came from just off the pace to win well over 1400M. He comes up in trip too but neither should be a concern and under a fair weight and drawn inside, he can win again. (9) ROYAL ROAD was found wanting when tried in the Minister’s Cup last November but hinted at a return to form when 2nd among more amenable company over 1800M on February 19th. He led that day and should be on or close to the pace again and should play a big part in the finish. (3) LUCKY YOUNG comes in having won at class and distance on February 20th when going right back and making up excellent ground late on. He comes up a full 4kg in the weights, but the manner of that victory suggests there can be more to come. (5) MOONHAK PHAROAH and (10) BERRING MAN are others with at least placing claims.
|Selections||(1) Vics Go (9) Royal Road (3) Lucky Young (5) Moonhak Pharoah|
|Next Best||10, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 8, 9, 11|
Seoul Race 8: Class 3 (1400M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(7) JEDI came up short in the Korean Oaks last November but returned to winning ways when back here at 1200M on Boxing Day. She only managed 5th when favourite at this class again at 1200M on February 13th but she drew wide that day and did not get an easy run. She hasn’t run at this trip as yet but has every chance here. (3) DREAM KNOCK will also need to be forgiven that February 13th race when she too drew wide and subsequently scarcely played a role. She is though a winner at this distance who has recorded first times and with a much better draw today, should be a different prospect. Continuing on the same theme, (5) PARK WIN was also well back in that race. The start prior, he was a class and distance winner, albeit under a very light weight, and is another who should be worth a second chance. (1) GEOMPO was a shock runner-up in that February 13th race. That was his fourth time placing at class and distance so perhaps warrants a bit more respect here. (9) HAEDEULMOE comes back in trip and is another who can aim for a place.
|Selections||(7) Jedi (3) Dream Knock (5) Park Win (1) Geompo|
|Next Best||9, 12|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 5, 6|
Seoul Race 9: Class 3 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
Tricky race to close out the card. (4) CUPID BABE enters in good for. He came close to making all at class and distance on February 20th, ultimately finishing in 3rd place, beating a few of today’s rivals in the process. That was at set weights and today’s handicap sees him much better off. He can win here. It’s fair to say that (14) JEONGMUN BOLT mixes his form, but he is another who comes in here nicely weighted. He will have to overcome the widest gate, but he is capable of running on and can be a danger. (5) TRIPLE KINGDOM has been a model of consistency with a 3rd and two 4th place finishes from his latest three, all at class and distance. He tends to settle midfield or worse and can run on strong. (2) MALIBU GINGER and (10) DUSON JANGGUN are others who have at least placing claims.
|Selections||(4) Cupid Babe (14) Jeongmun Bolt (5) Triple Kingdom (2) Malibu Ginger|
|Next Best||10, 12|
|Fast Start||4, 7, 10, 13|