There is a full card of 13 races at Seoul on Saturday running from 10:45 to 18:00:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Twelve maidens go around in the opener with three of them racing for the first time. (6) OUR SIMON beat three of these when improving the 2nd place on what was his fourth start on November 16th. He led from the start, ultimately going down late on to the favourite in a fast time, and a similar run today should see him home on top. (5) HWANSANG TOUCH was 5th in that race, an improvement on her prior outings and she can aim to go better here although she probably has too much to make up on the top choice. (3) LAST MAGIC ran 6th on what was her debut and likewise can build on that here. Of the three first-timers, (7) UNBREAKABLE participated in a fast trial and with little to fear here, looks nicely in for a good debut.
|Selections||(6) Our Simon (7) Unbreakable (5) Hwansang Touch (3) Last Magic|
|Next Best||9, 11|
Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maidens here and this time four of the twelve are making their racecourse debuts. A couple of very promising types are engaged too. (5) SIMPLE STYLE ran 2nd to a good winner on a dry track on what was his second start a month ago. He was sent off favourite that day and he and the winner were well clear of 3rd place. He’s worth another chance here. The main danger is (8) MIRACLE ICHEON. The colt ran 3rdover this distance on debut at the end of October, showing enough in the process to suggest he has plenty of potential. (7) K N WONDERFUL is heading in the right direction with a 5th and a 3rd from two outings to date, running on nicely last start. (4) GOSOK PEDAL was some way back behind Simple Style last start but has the potential to improve. OF the four first-timers. (3) UARYUNG looked the best in trials.
|Selections||(5) Simple Style (8) Miracle Icheon (7) K N Wonderful (4) Gosok Pedal|
|Next Best||3, 2|
|Fast Start||5, 7|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Fillies only for this maiden. (11) BAEK HAK may have been beaten by a couple of these two starts back but recovered to run well for 2nd over this distance on November 10th. She was well-beaten by a good winner but ran on pleasingly enough to suggest that there is more to come from her and she is the pick here. (12) BIANCA looks like she’s figuring things out and has recorded a 3rd and a 2nd from her latest two. She too has drawn wide here but should be able to overcome that and go close. The interesting entry is (2) RAIN K. She’s only raced once, all the way back in July when she finished 2nd, five lengths behind K N Road, who went on to acquit himself well in some of the bigger juvenile races this autumn. She looked useful when trialing up last week – but likewise didn’t exert herself too much – and she can go nicely first up here. (1) CLEAR STORY and (8) HWANGGEUM STAR are others in contention for at least a place.
|Selections||(11) Baek Hak (2) Rain K (12) Bianca (8) Hwanggeum Star|
|Next Best||1, 9|
|Fast Start||4, 6|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Bog standard maiden here but a few come in looking as though they are ready to step up and go close. (6) JEONGSEONG STAR is the pick. She has two 3rd place finishes from four outings to date and ran well in what was arguably a tougher assignment than this last time. From the middle gate she should be on pace from the start and today can be her day. (7) EAST CHAMP and (8) STRONG RED both step up in trip for the first time. Both ran on well in their respective latest outings and both can be involved here with East Champ the more favoured of the pair right now. (10) YEOLRIN MUN got to within a length of the winner last start at this distance a month ago and should be challenging again. Along with (11) DALRINEUN BITKKAL, he’ll be needing to overcome a wide draw to get on speed but shouldn’t be too far away.
|Selections||(6) Jeongsang Star (7) East Champ (8) Strong Red (10) Yeolrin Mun|
|Next Best||11, 3|
|Fast Start||6, 10, 11|
Race 5: Class 6 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(2) BLUE BAND has started improve in his recent starts, culminating in a runner-up finish in what was his first try at this distance on November 9th. He came from off the pace that day, running on well and he is the slight pick to prevail here. (12) HOSUA was 4th in that race, just over two-lengths in arrears and he can be a threat today but the main danger is (6) FIRST THUNDER. He beat a couple of these on his way to a good 2nd over 1300M last
month, running on strongly late on. He’s acquitted himself adequately at this trip before and he can go close on what will be his eighteenth career start. (8) JACKS KHAN steps up to this distance for the first time after some solid if unspectacular performances over 1300M. He’s a touch one-paced but should have enough about him to get himself around in contention. (5) PENUMBRA actually beat Blue Band over 1300M a couple of starts back. He’ll be on pace from the start but the distance is a question mark.
|Selections||(2) Blue Band (6) First Thunder (8) Jacks Khan (12) Hosua|
|Next Best||5, 11|
Race 6: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Having broken his maiden in fine style in October, (10) RAON LIGHT MAN was a touch disappointing when 4th after being sent off as the odds-on favourite on his re-appearance on November 23rd. That was a tougher race than this and while he has drawn quite wide here, he looks well worth another chance. He should certainly be overturning the form
on (11) DAEJI YEOGEOL, who ran an excellent 2nd in that same race and seems to thrive at this distance. (5) CUPID GANGJA got sent back to trial after a desperate showing last time out. He accordingly won his heat and dropping back to the minimum distance today, should be better. (1) MIRACLE HOPE remains a maiden after ten attempts but has no fewer than four runner-up finishes to his name, including last start at class and distance. The other main contender is (2) BAEKSANG. He was 4th last start on November 9th and while it was a long way behind a very good winner, he has plenty of speed about him and is likely to be on pace from the start here.
|Selections||(10) Raon Light Man (2) Baeksang (11) Daeji Yeogeol (1) Miracle Hope|
|Next Best||5, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 10|
Race 7: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(1) FEDERAL CAT was a winner at this class over 1000M on November 16th. That was his maiden win on what was his tenth start and while he does step up in trip today, a repeat is not impossible. (2) TIZ ROSE and (3) IL MARE both come in off the back of 3rd place finishes at class and distance on their respective latest outings and both should be aiming to match or better those here with Tiz Rose perhaps the more likely. From gate 2, she should be looking to lead from the start and she can pose a big threat to the top pick. (9) CHEONSE MANSE remains a maiden after sixteen attempts but comes in here off consecutive runner-up finishes He’ll run on well and can aim for another place finish today. (12) J M FIGHTER is up in class after a solid win at this distance on November 10th and while he will need to improve here, there is no reason why he can’t be competitive at this level.
|Selections||(1) Federal Cat (2) Tiz Rose (9) Cheonse Manse (3) Il Mare|
|Next Best||12, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 12|
Race 8: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Nice looking race this. (6) TAKTUEIN won three in a row between July and September to make himself reasonably well-fancied for the Nonghyup Chairman’s Trophy at the end of October. He bumped at the start that day and never recovered, finishing well back behind champion juvenile Roller Blade. He’s had a few weeks off since then and drops back to more amenable company and to the 1000M with scope to return to the winner’s circle. Plenty of tough company here though. (12) DOKBO CHEONHA as two runner-up finishes and a win which has caused her to be rapidly up in class. The times she has posted, however, are more than capable of winning at this level and while the outside gate isn’t ideal, she looks a hot prospect. (1) UTGE HAEJULGE is more of a known quantity and he too is up in class having made all to win at this distance in a fast time in October. He can make the most of the inside draw to lead and has serious claims of his own. (4) SIMON RICH and (11) LUCKY BONGSEONG others who can go close.
|Selections||(6) Taktuein (12) Dokbo Cheonha (1) Utge Haejulge (11) Lucky Bongseong|
|Next Best||4, 2, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 6, 11|
Race 9: Class 4 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
A maiden for imported juveniles with only four of the twelve having raced before. The most impressive of those four was (8) CLEAN UP BELLA, who ran 2nd on debut – beating two of the others – on November 9th. It was a useful time and he’s a contender although he will have to raise his game to beat some of the newcomers. Certain to be favourite is (1) EOMA EOMA. The Algorithms colt turned in a very strong trial, running close 2nd to the experienced Might Ssing in a fast time back at the start of November and his racecourse debut has been eagerly anticipated. (3) SUN BOOM was also impressive in his trial. The Shanghai Bobby colts ran on strongly for 2nd in a fast time and while like most of these, he’ll probably be better at a longer distance than today, he should be competitive. (6) DOROAN BULPAE was an easy trial winner back at the start of November and is another who should co close first-up. (7) LOOKING FIRST the best of the rest.
|Selections||(1) Eoma Eoma (6) Doraon Bulpae (3) Sun Boom (8) Clean Up Bella|
|Next Best||7, 9|
|Fast Start||5, 9, 10|
Race 10: Class 4 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(9) FULL BOOSTER ran 2nd on debut on November 9th, well beaten by Mark Story, who has since gone on to win again. He steps up in trip here, should be on pace, and can lead all the way. (1) BACK SPIN won back to back races in August and September to get promoted to this level. He only managed 4th on his first try at it on November 2nd but the margins were small and he was within a length of the winner. From the inside gate, he should be on speed and can go very close today. (4) GREAT LEE was a slightly unexpected winner at class and distance on November 3rd and while he does carry an additional 3kg today, can go close once more. (6) SHARK JJANG and (10) HIDDEN SOCKS are others in at least the placing claim.
|Selections||(9) Full Booster (1) Back Spin (4) Great Lee (10) Hidden Socks|
|Next Best||6, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 9|
Race 11: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(8) BI PYEONG has only finished outside the top three on one occasion in his eight starts so far and comes in having run 3rd at class and distance on November 9th. He was favourite that day on what was his second start back following seven months off. He should have improved for it and can be given another chance to come out on top today. (10) TAURUS came from off the pace to score a class and distance win a month ago in what was a considerable uptick in form. He carries a bit more weight today but remains a credible contender. It took (1) CUTIE BARBIE seven goes to get her maiden win but she evidently enjoyed it as she has gone on to win twice more in three subsequent starts. She is up in class here and will likely need to post a faster time than she has managed so far but don’t rule out more improvement. (11) SPEED BELLE steps up in trip and should be in contention while (12) JEONGSANG MANSE was only beaten a head last time out and long odds and warrants more respect today.
|Selections||(8) Bi Pyeong (1) Cutie Barbie (10) Taurus (12) Jeongsang Manse|
|Next Best||11, 3|
|Fast Start||3, 9|
Race 12: Class 3 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(8) INCHEON CHIEF was beaten into 2nd in a good race at this class over 1800M on November 3rd. That was a big upturn in form for him but the way he ran suggests that he has every chance of going close once again here. The main danger is (6) WONDERFUL EVIL. He may not quite have lived up to his early promise but his recent form reads very well and he can come from off the pace with a strong late run here. (7) DONGBANG JIJON is up in class having scored over 1700M last start. He looks nicely in here and is another who can come from off the pace. Plenty of others have placing chances with (1) KINGS STEP, who struggled in a big race at a sprint distance last start and (2) KING MESSENGER looking the best of the rest.
|Selections||(6) Wonderful Evil (8) Incheon Chief (7) Dongbang Jijon (1) Kings Step|
|Next Best||2, 3|
|Fast Start||5, 9|
Race 13: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(5) OKAY QUEEN took a tilt at the Jeju Governor’s Cup over 1400M last month and while she only managed to finish 6th that day, it was a decent run in solid company. She is a class and distance winner already and could end up having too much for her rivals here. (3) THUNDER MARK hasn’t raced since finishing behind OKAY QUEEN in the STC Trophy on international weekend in September. Before that she ran a creditable 6th in the KNN Cup. She seems a hard filly to get right but at her best, she has every chance of going close in company like this. (2) MUNHAK TIGER and (10) MUNHAK TSUNAMI both come back in trip after having a hard time at a mile when they raced each other last month. Both should be happier with the 1200M today. (7) EAGLES GRIFTER is up I class after a commanding six-length win over this distance a month ago and should be competitive here.
|Selections||(5) Okay Queen (3) Thunder Mark (7) Eagles Grifter (10) Munhak Tsunami|
|Next Best||2, 4|
|Fast Start||2, 8, 10|