Racing on Sunday is at Seoul (11 races from 10:45 to 18:00) & Busan (6 races from 12:40 to 17:05). Here are the previews:
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
A maiden to kick things off with and having been just beaten a head over this distance on June 9th, (11) HAERANG looks to have as good a chance as any of making the breakthrough here on what will be her eighth career start. She will, however, have to overcome the widest draw to get on pace early alongside (9) JEONGJOUI KKUM, who has shown steady improvement over three starts so far, culminating in 2nd place last time, and can continue his development here. (3) JEJUI YOJEONG also demonstrated improvement on what was just her second outing last month while (4) WHITE COMET and (6) ROYAL REMEMBER look to be others with solid claims of a place.
|Selections||(11) Haerang (9) Jeongjoui Kkum (4) White Comet (3) Jejui Yojeong|
|Next Best||6, 8|
|Fast Start||4, 9, 11|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
A field of eleven maidens will line up in the second on the card where there is a severe lack of early pace engaged. (11) BLUE DAEJAYEON will be a beneficiary of this as Jo Jae-Ro should be able to work forward on the three-year-old from a wide draw. The son of Exploit finished second last time out behind Royal Smarty and although beaten five lengths, his form reads well on a relative basis. (6) SOLGAEBARAM ran a much-improved race last time out. He was beaten under three lengths when finishing fifth over 1000m. He settled back and hit the line well suggesting the step up to the 1200m should suit. (10) ROAD HILL STORM will get the services of Moon Se-Young in this race. The Testa Matta three-year-old ran through the line fairly last time out over the 1000m in a respectable time. (9) DIAVOLA has been well beaten of late but looks the best of the rest.
|Selections||(11) Blue Daejayeon (6) Solgaebaram (10) Road Hill Storm (9) Diavola|
|Next Best||1, 5|
Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(1) CHEONHA YEOJE has been going consistently close and with Moon Se Young returning to the mount today, it could be time she made her breakthrough. She looks set to lead in a race that seems to lack much in the way of speed, and she can go all the way. (5) NAE GIRUI BIT may have been indifferent when running two weeks ago but prior to that performed well when beating a couple of these on his way to 3rd place at this distance. One of those behind him that day was (10) BLUE BAND and she should have scope for improvement. (6) PUNGMUNEURO and (9) IRON HEART are others who should be in with a shout of a place.
|Selections||(1) Cheonha Yeoje (9) Iron Heart (10) Blue Band (5) Nae Girui Bit|
|Next Best||6, 11, 3|
Seoul Race 4: Class 5 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
A field of nine will line up in the fourth where we are likely to see a short-priced favourite. (6) HUSH DAEBO was a brilliant six length winner last time out in Class 6 company. He sat just off the speed before extending nicely and winning in a good time over the 1300m for this class. Expect a similar ride from Moon Se-Young who partners him for the third time. (8) HEY DREAMER looks the main danger. He finished second in similar company last time out behind Private Man. He is likely to settle back from the wide draw as he hasn’t had much gate speed of late. We can take confidence with our on top selection given Moon Se-Young rode both of them late time out and elected to ride Hush Daebo. (7) DREAM MONEY is likely to spring the gates and work forward early. He was a good winner last time out in a weak field. (3) CHEON GOE SEONG managed to place in similar company last time out and should be kept safe in your wider selections.
|Selections||(6) Hush Daebo (8) Hey Dreamer (7) Dream Money (3) Cheon Goe Seong|
|Next Best||2, 1|
|Fast Start||6, 7|
Seoul Race 5: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maidens racing for a big prize here. Two of the twelve have raced before and one of them, (6) TAKTUEIN, looks set to be banker favourite of the day. She ran 2nd in a fast time on debut on June 15th having led until close to home and she should have way too much here. (1) DASI DUSON also ran 2nd on her own debut two weeks ago, albeit in a significantly slower time and she has scope to place again. As for the first-timers, the only trial winner among them is (4) SAMSEONG VIVA and that puts him in the hunt. Expect him to be on speed early. (8) MENI HERO and (9) MEOTJIN GEUMSEONG are others who showed some ability in their respective heats and can go well first-up.
|Selections||(6) Taktuein (1) Dasi Duson (4) Samseong Viva (9) Meotjin Geumseong|
|Next Best||8, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 6, 12|
Busan Race 2: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(1) HALLA HWANGHU has led from gate to wire in both her latest two, the latter of which was at this class. Both were at 1000M and today marks the first time she’s tackled further than the minimum distance but from the inside, if she can get on top again, she can win again. Plenty of other contenders though. (3) B.K. UNO ran 4th in a good class and distance affair in May and looks nicely in to go close again while (2) GIANT’S BIZ ran poorly last start but does have ability and can bounce back today. (9) YEONGGWANGUICHEON has never finished worse than 3rd and is up in class following a maiden win over 1000M last time out. This is tougher but not impossible. (11) JJUUK looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(1) Halla Hwanghu (3) B.K. Uno (2) Giant’s Biz (9) Yeonggwanguicheon|
|Next Best||11, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 9, 10|
Seoul Race 6: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
The sixth on the card is not the strongest Class 5 we have seen however there looks to be a few chances. Last start winner (2) WIND RIVER is likely to head the market after a victory in Class 6 company last time out. The Ecton Park filly showed a dazzling turn of foot to gobble up the field at big odds. She is lightly weighted with the claim of Moon Sung-Hyeok, don’t be surprised if she drops out early. (6) GOLD PERILLA looks the leader in a field that lacks early speed. She led and won in her maiden victory three starts back. Her most recent run was fair when fourth behind New Paradigm. (3) LUCKY SOCHEON has been mixing her form of late but if everything goes her way she can figure. The three-year-old ran on well last time out when the race was all over. Boo Min-Ho will make a rare appearance on (5) PARTY POWER who has placed at her past two starts.
|Selections||(2) Wind River (6) Gold Perilla (3) Lucky Socheon (5) Party Power|
|Next Best||7, 8|
Busan Race 3: Class 3 (1400M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(11) YEONGSEONG ACE found himself overmatched in the KRA Cup Mile in April but has since returned to win back to back races including his latest at class and distance on June 9th. He carries an additional 3kg today but should be able to cope with it and can win again. (12) KINGSTON HARBOR has been an impressive winner of his latest two, both over 1300M. He’s up in distance today but has run well at a mile before and looks to be a big threat. (9) YES POWER was a slightly disappointing 8th behind Yeongseong Power when well backed last month but can be given another chance here despite the weight once more being against him. (4) SUN DAY and (7) RED CLOUD are others capable of going close.
|Selections||(11) Yeongseong Ace (12) Kingston Harbor (9) Yes Power (4) Sun Day|
|Next Best||7, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 7, 8|
Seoul Race 7: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Fillies only (and a couple of mares) here. (1) CHARON BLADE ran a close 2nd in a tough race over 1300M on her latest start back in April. She’s been off since then but returns for a stable bang in form and drops back to a trip at which she won the last time he tackled it. She’ll come from behind the pace and could win again. (2) LUCKY BONGSEONG is up in class following an all the way eight-length score at this distance last time. She too returns for the first time since Aril but is well drawn to get to the front and can make all once more. (7) BROWN ROSE had a poor day at the office last time out but steps back in trip and should be better today. (5) GAL IP and (8) BIG THUNDER, the latter a slightly unexpected winner at this class over 1200M last time out, are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(1) Charon Blade (2) Lucky Bongseong (7) Brown Rose (5) Gal Ip|
|Next Best||8, 4|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 6, 11|
Busan Race 4: Class 3 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(7) STAR ROAD has won his latest two in fine fashion and steps up in class and in distance today with solid claims to make it three in a row. He can sit behind the early speed and the Bernardini colt can be too strong late on. (1) CHIEF LEADER started poorly and didn’t improve last time out at class and distance. The previous time he won though and can be given another chance today. (6) CHOEGANG BULLET come sin having run a close 3rd over 1400M and steps back up to a distance that he won at in March and he should be in the frame as well. (2) BAEDARI GOSU and (3) THEHIMCHAN, the latter of whom looks set to lead early, are others capable of going close.
|Selections||(7) Star Road (6) Choegang Bullet (1) Chief Leader (2) Baedari Gosu|
|Next Best||3, 5|
Seoul Race 8: Class 5 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
The eighth on the card will see a field of eleven line up over two turns. (1) DAL SUNI has shown a liking for the 1700m placing at his past three starts over the distance including a Class 6 victory two starts ago. The Colors Flying filly then backed it up with a good second behind Full Moon Sky early June. She is likely to get a world-perfect run from the inside draw and prove hard to beat. (5) INDEPENDENCE has started to find form with leading rider Kim Yong-Geun building a good relationship with the colt. He is heading into unchartered territory as he steps up to the 1700m but his form of late suggests he is an each-way chance. (2) RAON MIRACLE has been thereabouts at his past few runs and should always be considered a place chance in this company. (3) ROYAL SMARTY took out a relatively weak Class 6 race last time out but should be kept safe in your selections.
|Selections||(1) Dal Suni (5) Independence (2) Raon Miracle (3) Royal Smarty|
|Next Best||7, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 9|
Busan Race 5: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(1) TANGY BITE returned to form with a good win over 1200M three weeks ago at this class. He carries an additional 3.5kg today but has plenty of talent and while he’s not a front-runner, with the inside draw, the drop back to 1200M should do him no harm at all. (3) I’M YOUR LEMON is up in class after a swift, albeit wet track assisted, win over this distance last start. She’s another who likes to come from off the pace and should be a threat. (4) MUJEOK YEONGUNG is up in class but very nicely in under a light weight and can be competitive from the front. (7) USEUNG HWANHO and (8) SEGI GANGHA are other dangers.
|Selections||(1) Tangy Bite (3) I’m Your Lemon (4) Mujeok Yeongung (8) Segi Gangja|
|Next Best||7, 6|
|Fast Start||4, 6, 7|
Seoul Race 9: Class 4 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(5) SMARTY BLUE made all to win as favourite over class and distance on June 16th. He carries a little bit more weight today but looks to have potential for further development still and can be backed for a repeat here. The main danger is (1) YORI JORI. She finally made her breakthrough at the 13th time of asking last month over 1300M and steps up to tackle two turns for the first time today. Also stepping up in trip is (2) STRO REA, who ran on nicely over 1300M on her returns from five months off in May and can benefit from the increase in distance here. (8) MIGHTY JOHN comes in off the back of consecutive 4th place finishes, both of them at class and distance and can aim to at least match those today. The wildcard is (3) FLASH JET, who remains a maiden but ran 3rd at this distance in February prior to a four-month lay-off.
|Selections||(5) Smarty Blue (1) Yori Jori (2) Stro Rea (8) Mighty John|
|Next Best||3, 6|
|Fast Start||5, 6, 10|
Busan Race 6: Class 1 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 110 Million
(12) NEW YORK MANGCHI was a class and distance winner on May 26th with a couple of these back down the track behind him. He actually carries less weight today and looks to have solid claims to score once more. (1) CHIEF ACE has won three of his last four to get promoted to this level. He’s never been worse than 5th and looks nicely in for his first class 1 crack today. He made all to win over 2000M on his latest start and while that was all the way back in April, he can win first-up here. (4) AMERICAN POWER and (5) CHOEGANG THUNDER ran 5th and 6th respectively behind New York Mangchi last time out and both could get closer today. (9) THE GRAND comes in following back to back runner-up finishes and is another in at least the placing hunt.
|Selections||(12) New York Mangchi (1) Chief Ace (4) American Power (9) The Grand|
|Next Best||5, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 9|
Seoul Race 10: Class 2 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
A compact field of eight will line up over the 1400m in the tenth where there looks to be only a few winning chances. (7) THUNDER MARK has proven to be a handy import for Park Dae-Heung winning two races from six starts including five top three finishes. She won last time out in Class Three company by two lengths when sent out favourite. She is well weighted with just 52.5kg, she normally sits in the leading division so look for her to work forward early. (4) CHOCO CANDY returns to her own class today after running last in the Ttukesom Handicap. She was progressing nicely through the grades before going to the feature and should be respected. (6) SEONGPA handed in a better effort last time out when second behind Munhak Joy. He finds a relatively easier assignment today and is a place chance. (3) SPECIAL STONE finished a distant third last time out over the 1800m. She drops back today to the 1400m and gets a nice draw with 52kg. Keep her safe in your wider selections.
|Selections||(7) Thunder Mark (4) Choco Candy (6) Seongpa (3) Special Stone|
|Next Best||5, 8|
|Fast Start||4, 6, 7|
Seoul Race 11: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(6) MUNHAK TSUNAMI comes in having beaten two of these on his way to victory at class and distance on June 16th. He made all that day and while he does carry an additional 3kg today, he can win again. The primary danger is (7) GAENARI SONG. A winner of four from six in total and both of his latest two, he steps up in both class and distance here for a deadly jockey/trainer combination. The weights are in his favour and he has very solid claims of completing a hat-trick. (5) BLUE MA STAR ran 3rd to Munhak Tsunami in that race four weeks ago and can be a threat once more while (1) WILD FIGHT and (3) DAEGUN JEPAE are others with placing hopes.
|Selections||(7) Gaenari Song (6) Munhak Tsunami (5) Blue Ma Star (3) Daegun Jepae|
|Next Best||1, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 6, 7|