There are 12 Saturday races at Seoul with the first at 10:45 and the last at 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Weak maiden to begin with. (5) CAMPING MANIA has been well-backed for both her starts so far off the back of a trial win in late summer. She’s finished in mid-pack both times and she ran greenly, hanging inwards in her latest effort. If she can fix her manners, she should have the ability to win this under a top jockey. Going on bare results, (4) JEONGMUN K has a pair of 3rd place finishes from his latest two and is one of several for whom just a bit of improvement today can result in a win. (11) QUEEN FORCE ONE is the only one in the field who has run 2nd and will also attract some support. She beat (10) JILPUNGGACHI last time out, the latter making his debut and can improve today. (3) CHEON GI ran well on debut and while he’s struggled in two since, can be given another chance here.
|Selections||(5) Camping Mania (10) Jilpunggachi (4) Jeongmum K (3) Cheon Gi|
|Next Best||11, 8|
|Fast Start||5, 11|
Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Maiden fillies only. (7) LUCKY SOCHEON stepped up to this trip on November 10th and was beaten less than a length into 2nd place. She’s not the fastest of starters but can finish well and can go one better today. 3rd in that race was (6) M.J. TOWN. She didn’t get the best of trips that day but took to the distance well and has every chance of cutting into the three-lengths that Lucky Socheon had on her. (10) GEOM HONG has run 4th and 3rd in two outings so far, showing promise. She’s likely to try to get forward early and despite the wide draw, if she can find a good spot, she can go close. (4) SAMAE STAR didn’t take to 1700M last time and should be better today while the only first -time starter, (5) OUR SIMON, trialled up well in November and jockey booking is a plus.
|Selections||(7) Lucky Socheon (10) Geom Hong (6) M.J. Town (5) Our Simon|
|Next Best||4, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 9, 10|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maidens and all except one have raced before. (8) DOKDO YA was an improved 2nd when stepped up to this trip for his second career start on November 11th. He was beaten five lengths by a good winner, but it was enough to suggest he can win soon himself. He’s likely to try to get on pace here and will be joined by (6) LUMINESCE who ran 3rd on debut at this distance a month ago having been prominent through out and looks well in here. (10) PRIVATE MAN hasn’t been the best of starters but has finished off nicely in both tries so far. (1) FAMILY HOPE and (9) P.K. JEONSA are other potential improvers.
|Selections||(8) Dokdo Ya (6) Luminesce (10) Private Man (1) Family Hope|
|Next Best||9, 3|
|Fast Start||6, 8, 9|
Race 4: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / RW 60 Million
Juvenile maidens with only two of the twelve having raced before and it’ one of that pair who will start as favourite. (4) PRIMA NIKE ran 3rd on debut on November 17th having led for much of the way. She’s drawn ideally to lead again and should go all the way. Of the first-timers, (3) NONSTOP FLYING won a trial last month while (7) KISS IN THE PARK and (12) SOMETHING NOBODYNO also hinted at a bit of ability in their respective heats. (1) HANYANG NURI and (6) COLORFUL JOY trialled up together and both have the ability to run well first-up. As ever with this kind of race, watch the market for additional clues.
|Selections||(4) Prima Nike (3) Nonstop Flying (12) Something Nobodyno (7) Kiss In The Park|
|Next Best||6, 1, 7|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 5, 10, 12|
Race 5: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(1) BEST BULLET has won his latest two in fine style, the most recent of which was a three-length score at this class over 1200M. He carries an additional 4.5kg but drops back in trip and could complete a hat-trick here. (3) GLOBAL QUEEN is a winner of two from seven and comes in with a pair of 2nds and a 3rd at this level. She should lead here and will be in the mix at the end. (10) DANCING BLADE too has proven competitive at this level and shouldn’t be far away while (2) EONEU MEOTJIN NAL improved significantly last start and can continue that momentum here. (7) SURFING POINT is better than last time and is another who could find the places.
|Selections||(1) Best Bullet (3) Global Queen (10) Dancing Blade (7) Surfing Point|
|Next Best||2, 4, 8|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 7|
Race 6: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(3) SA SA is up in class following an all-the-way win over the distance on November 10th and has every chance of following up in this filly and mare only handicap. She’s joined at the level for the first-time by (9) HOMECOMING who gets promoted having run 2nd in both her two outings to date and should be competitive. (6) RAON WILLIAMS and (10) BEST MAID both enter off the back of positive performances and can keep the momentum going here. (1) DALDARI returns to action for the first time since June. He was going well before the lay off and acquitted himself well in a trial last month.
|Selections||(3) Sa Sa (9) Homecoming (6) Raon Williams (10) Best Maid|
|Next Best||1, 8|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 7, 9|
Race 7: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(3) BLACK ZAPPER overcame a slow start to finish of very well for a close 4th in tough company on November 10th. She’s up slightly in trip today to the distance at which she gained her maiden win and she looks to be the one to beat here. (2) CHEONGSU DOLPUNG showed plenty of ability in three outings in the spring of 2017. He returned after almost a year and a half out in October and while he didn’t beat many home that day, he should have come on for it and can improve here. (6) NEUL SACHAN returned from a spell of her own three weeks ago and ran a useful 5th at this distance and she too should get closer today. (1) BARIME CAMP and (10) AMARONE are others in at least the placing frame.
|Selections||(3) Black Zapper (2) Cheongsu Dolpung (6) Neul Sachan (1) Barime Camp|
|Next Best||10, 4|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 7|
Race 8: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(4) THE QUEEN GRACE beat four of these on her way to 2nd place at class and distance in a quick race on November 17th. She ran well the time before too and this could be her day. (2) RAON SIRIUS was 4th in that race, less than two lengths back and can be a threat again here while (1) JUNGLE BEAT had a poor day at the office on that contest having led early but can be given another chance here. (3) GULCHARMNAMASUP was a class and distance 4th last time and should be challenging for the early lead with matching that finish a minimum aim. (11) BAKCHAOREUM is up in class after a five-length score at the distance a month ago ad while she will need to improve, she’s yet to be worse than 3rd and can continue the solid start to her career here.
|Selections||(4) The Queen Grace (2) Raon Sirius (11) Bakchaoreum (1) Jungle Beat|
|Next Best||3, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 6, 8, 11|
Race 9: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(3) ARGO ROCKET is a winner of three from seven so far and ran 2nd at class and distance on her latest outing on November 17th. That wasn’t an especially strong race, but the performance was good and if she gets out on pace here, she can win. (8) HANSEN GLORY enters off the back of consecutive 3rd place finishes, the latest of which was at this class with a couple of the others who go here behind him. He’s also expected to be on speed here and will be a danger. (2) KING PLUCKY had seemingly gone a little cold but returned to form last time with 4th over 1400M and a similar performance should see him up there. (1) YAHO SMART CAT and (4) MONEY CAMP others who can go close.
|Selections||(3) Argo Rocket (8) Hansen Glory (4) Money Camp (2) King Plucky|
|Next Best||1, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4, 8|
Race 10: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Competitive affair with any number of potential winners. (7) JANGSAN BEARS remains a maiden but went close last time on what was his first try at this distance. He took to the 1700M well and has had eight weeks off since. It could be his day. (1) DAEGUN ILGAL has looked to be needing further in his three starts so far and that’s what he gets today. He should be dangerous. (5) KING POSE made all to win at class and distance on November 18th. His reward is an additional 4kg on his back, but he can cope with that and is likely to try to do it gate to wire again. (6) ECHO GOLD and (11) GEUMA FALCON are others firmly in the hunt.
|Selections||(7) Jangsan Bears (5) King Pose (1) Daegun Ilgal (11) Geuma Falcon|
|Next Best||6, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 8|
Race 11: Class 2 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(12) GEUMTUSA has won two of his latest three, the most recent of which was at class and distance on November 4th with a couple of these back down the track behind him. Today’s assignment is tougher, and he has an extra 4kg to carry but he is firmly in the mix and a repeat can’t be ruled out. (8) BULMYEORI JEWANG is up to this trip for the first time after a really good 2nd place behind Mask over 1400M last start. Very nicely weighted, he can go very well here. (1) HWANGGEUM BISANG only ran 7th last time over 1700M in another decent race at this class. He’s proven himself competitive in this company though and can get closer today. (7) ARGO FLYING and (10) URIGA BON, the latter well beaten but Geumtusa last time but with a weight advantage today, are others to look out for.
|Selections||(12) Geumtusa (8) Bulmyeori Jewang (1) Hwanggeum Bisang (10) Uriga Bon|
|Next Best||7, 6, 11|
|Fast Start||7, 8, 10, 12|
Race 12: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
After running 4th on debut, (6) JJANG KONG has won two in a row with a nine-length romp in October followed by a slightly tougher victory over a field that included three of his rivals here on November 11th at this distance. He carries a bit more weight today but looks to have improvement in him – he could get a soft led here and if he does, he should go all the way. (10) USEUNG HOUSE was 3rd in that race and may end up being the main danger today. (1) TO GO WIN was a bit further back in 5th but can make more of an impact here. Among those who didn’t go in that race, (12) PARK SOCKS looks the best having run a good 3rd at class and distance last time out. (5) CHUKACHUKA the best of the rest.
|Selections||(6) Jjang Kong (10) Useung House (12) Park Socks (1) To Go Win|
|Next Best||5, 3|