Saturday racing is in Seoul where there are 12 races from 10:45 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(7) GLOBAL CHEONHA was an improved 4th on his second career start a month ago. He’s shown the most of these in terms of speed and he can finish on top here. (1) DALLYEORA GWANGSAN led for much of her latest start at 1300M ultimately finishing 3rd. The step back in trip should suit and she should lead again. (5) VICAR BRACING was 5th in that same race and also looks to have scope for improvement. (6) NAMJJOK NARA and (9) LEISUER KING are both more experienced and while a win may be unlikely, both are capable of finding the money in this kind of company.
|Selections||(7) Global Cheonha (1) Dallyeora Gwangsan (5) Vicar Bracing (6) Namjjok Nara|
|Next Best||9, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 2|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maidens here with only three of the twelve having raced before. We’re going to value that experience though and put two of those three on top. (7) KING OF SUNDAY and (12) FULL MOON SKY came home 5th and 4th in their respective first outings in October. King Of Sunday posted the faster time and with a more favourable draw to get the lead, is the slight top pick here with Full Moon Sky a clear second choice. The first-timers don’t really set the pulse racing although (2) PRIMA NIKE looked useful in his trial and may well go to the lead here. (3) RECOVERY TAP and (4) SUN OF THUNDER are the others who look to have the most potential to go well first up.
|Selections||(7) King Of Sunday (12) Full Moon Sky (2) Prima Nike (4) Sun Of Thunder|
|Next Best||3, 11|
|Fast Start||2, 7, 12|
Race 3: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
More juvenile maidens although this time eight of the twelve have prior racing experience. A few of them have gone well too with both (2) THANK YOU MOTHER and (11) HOMECOMING having run 2nd on their respective debuts. Thank You Mother was perhaps the slightly more impressive and is likely to be favourite hee. (4) CHODONG BOBAE and (9) BIG PRO also showed ability in their first starts and both have claims to improve here. (12) GAL IP made her solitary start all the way back in July. It didn’t go terribly well but she’s subsequently been through a number of trials and can improve here. Of the first-timers here, a watching brief is probably the most prudent course of action with (3) YAHO WHITE CAT being the best looking at this stage.
|Selections||(2) Thank You Mother (11) Homecoming (4) Chodong Bobae (9) Big Pro|
|Next Best||12, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 10, 11|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Yet more juvenile maidens but this time it’s fillies only with four racing for the very first time. (5) MISS GELLA has raced twice and on the second of those showed some ability, only beaten half a length into 2nd place over this distance on October 14th. She led for much of that race, will be on pace again and can win this time. (7) WONDERFUL PANGPANG was 3rd that day a full four-lengths behind Miss Gella but showing enough improvement from her debut to suggest she has more to offer. (9) MONEY POCKET was a promising 3rd on debut despite racing greenly and can build on it here while (2) GOLD PARTY got bumped about a bit at the start of her latest outing and ultimately weakened having previously raced well on debut. OF the first timers, (4) SYDNEY MONEY looks the pick.
|Selections||(5) Miss Gella (2) Gold Party (4) Sydney Money (7) Wonderful Pangpang|
|Next Best||9, 11|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 7, 11|
Race 5: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(6) BLUE FIRE was sent off as favourite for his latest outing on October 27th but having led from the gate, weakened in the home straight. He may not have to work very hard here though to get the lead again and is worth another chance. (1) K ZONE secured his best finish in thirteen starts last time when running (a distant) 2nd at this distance. He has been getting steadily closer and shouldn’t be far away today. (3) GEUMBIT HWANHYANG and (5) BARAMUI MISO both come in with recent form reading positively and can go well. (9) CHOWON YEOJEONSA too, while a touch inconsistent, is capable of running the kind of time needed to place here.
|Selections||(6) Blue Fire (1) K Zone (3) Geumbit Hwanhyang (5) Baramui Miso|
|Next Best||9, 10|
Race 6: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(5) BEST CHAPEL ran out a four-length winner in what was arguably a tougher race than this on October 13th. It was at class and distance and while she carries an additional 4.5kg today, she can repeat. (9) WINNING BLADE’s latest two have been at further and in strong company – including the track’s top juvenile race last time. Back to the minimum today, he can go better. (3) STRONG LIGHT too is perhaps a bit better than her recent form suggests and she’s well drawn to get to the front early today. (1) GIVEN WEEKEND is up in class following a hard fought maiden win three weeks ago while (2) DAESEONG RUBY has plenty of experience at this level and shouldn’t be too far away.
|Selections||(5) Best Chapel (9) Winning Blade (3) Strong Light (1) Given Weekend|
|Next Best||2, 7|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 9, 10|
Race 7: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(6) MAGIC ROAD ran strongly for 2nd in an all-filly class and distance race last month continuing her strong start to her career. She’s not the quickest of starters but looks nicely in here to go one better today. (2) JEONGSANG MUJEOK also comes in following a runner-up finish at class and distance. She was beaten a bit more emphatically but has finished ahead of plenty of these in recent outings and should do so again. Both magic Road and Jeongsang Mujeok have beaten (3) GEOSEN MAPUNG recently but the filly ran well in 3rd over 1300M in September and comes back in off a couple of months’ rest with chances to at least match. (7) RAON SIRIUS is up in class following a decent win just two weeks ago and should be competitive at this level. (1) MEGA HIT was scarcely involved over 1200M last time out but drops back in trip today and can go much better.
|Selections||(6) Magic Road (2) Jeongsang Mujeok (3) Geosen Mapung (7) Raon Sirius|
|Next Best||1, 4, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 4, 5|
Race 8: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Small field here but it involved one of the banker favourites of the day. (8) RAYMOND’s solitary win to date may have come when the horse who finished ahead of him in the Munhwa Ilbo Cup got disqualified, but he came into that race well-backed having shown plenty of promise in his first two outings. He took too long to get going in the Gwacheon Mayor’s Cup three weeks ago, making up good ground but only finishing 6th. Up to 1300M today and in this company, he should win comfortably. (3) TAURUS looks to have some potential too and can be given another chance after a poor showing last time. (2) TAEWANG SINHWA and (4) HAENGBOK STAR, the latter the likely pace-setter, are others who can compete for places.
|Selections||(8) Raymond (3) Taurus (2) Taewang Sinhwa (4) Haengbok Star|
|Next Best||5, 6|
Race 9: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
After finishing 3rd on debut, (3) GUREUM WANGJA has won three in a row with the latest being an impressive three-length score at this class over 1200M on October 20th, despite losing ground through a poor start. He carries more weight today but he’s won under this impost before, the distance won’t be a problem and he can make it four in a row. The main danger looks to be (7) GARA GARA GA who has been getting progressively closer in three outings silling her second win in July. He’ll join Gureum Wangja on pace early and the favourite will need to be on his game to beat him. (11) CUPID DATE and (8) DAEGIL SANGJON came home 3rd and 4th respectively when they raced each other at class and distance last month and both should be in the placing hunt here. (5) MAMBO KHAN unseated his rider two weeks ago and the time before that was last over 1700M. At a more suitable distance today and hopefully with rider on board throughout, he can go better.
|Selections||(3) Gureum Wangja (7) Gara Gara Ga (8) Daegil Sangjon (5) Mambo Khan|
|Next Best||11, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 7, 12|
Race 10: Class 4 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(3) WONDERFUL LUCKY didn’t race especially generously last time but still had enough about him to win by half a length at class and distance with three of these back down the track behind him. He’s up 3kg today but can win again. (2) BIG GARLAND was 4th in that race, continuing a recent run of positive results and can get closer here. He’ll set the pace. (4) MR. TURNER got caught in kickback last start – he generally goes to the back and then tries to loop the field in the back-straight which he was unable to do – but still finished a decent 4th and can at least match today. (8) ELITE QUEEN was somewhat surprising class and distance winner last time out. She’s still under a very nice light weight and warrants consideration. (5) MEGALIOS was a winner at this class over 1300M last month. He was no better than average in a previous attempt at this distance but could be ready for another go.
|Selections||(3) Wonderful Lucky (8) Elite Queen (2) Big Garland (4) Mr. Turner|
|Next Best||5, 12|
Race 11: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(2) GALAXY POWER races for the first time since putting in a disappointing effort in the HRI Trophy at the start of September. He hasn’t actually won since April but if he is at anything close to his best, he has an excellent chance here. (6) JURINGHEOU pulled off a shock win on her first try at this level on October 13th, ghosting up the rail to win by a length. This race is certainly no harder than that and she’ll be much better backed today. (1) ARGO ROCKET, (7) YAHO STRONG CAT and (10) WELLBEING JOY are all up in class following victories and the former two look best equipped to cope with this level. (3) CIN CIN JJAN comes in off a useful 3rd place over 1300M and can aim to match that here.
|Selections||(2) Galaxy Power (7) Yaho Strong Cat (6) Juringheou (1) Argo Rocket|
|Next Best||3, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4|
Race 12: Class 2 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
Korean Derby runner-up (11) MASK was somewhat surprisingly beaten on his first go at a regular class 2 handicap last month. Today he drops back to 1400M for the first time since winning Seoul’s Classic Trial back in March and he can be given another chance to get back to the winner’s circle – also for the first time since that race – today. (12) LEONNING STROM had a bit of a nightmare trip last time but ran on well for 3rd over 1200M. With more luck in the early part of the race today, he can give Mask a run for his money. (2) MIRACLE HANSEN finished 7th of 16 in the Jeju Governor’s Cup at this distance a month ago. That was her first try at the trip and she may have come on for it. (5) GLOBAL LINE and (9) BULMYEORUI JEWANG are others who should be in at least the placing frame.
|Selections||(11) Mask (12) Leonning Strom (2) Miracle Hansen (5) Global Line|
|Next Best||9, 4, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3, 4|