There is group race action at Busan this coming Sunday with the Gyeongnam Governor’s Cup. the final leg of the Queen’s Tour, but before that things get underway with an 11-race card on Friday from 10:45 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
A step up in trip could well be what (1) RACING GALLOPER needs and that’s what he gets after three decent but unspectacular spins at 1000M. He’s not shown much in the way of speed but has run on each time and can win here. (3) KEEP GOING already has a 2nd place to her name at this distance in what was perhaps slightly tougher company than this and she has very solid claims too. Those two are the standouts although (6) HUNTER PARK and (10) TONGIL HANGUK have shown some potential and could get close while (2) GIDAEHAE actually managed to finish ahead of Racing Galloper when they faced each other in August. That form was overturned when they next met but an improved showing can’t be ruled out.
|Selections||(1) Racing Galloper (3) Keep Going (2) Gidaehae (6) Hunter Park|
|Next Best||10, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 7, 10|
Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(2) GEUMA GHOST was set to be favourite two weeks ago when she dumped her jockey on the ground on the way to the gate. That confidence among punters was caused by her 2nd place on debut in September and while she’s up in trip here, if she manages to make it to the start, she should be on pace early and can go close. The biggest danger is (4) GIRL CRUSH. She made an inauspicious debut in February and then didn’t return until August. She’s been very solid in three subsequent outings with two 3rds and a 5th and looks to have a win in her sooner or later. (1) EDGE OF WINNER made a comeback of her own two weeks ago and while she only managed an indifferent 7th of 12 over 1000M, she most likely needed the run and today’s trip should suit more. (10) GOLDUI INYEON resumes today off a spell and is another who has proven herself competitive at this distance.
|Selections||(4) Girl Crush (2) Geuma Ghost (1) Edge Of Winner (10) Goldui Inyeon|
|Next Best||9, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 3|
Race 3: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
A full field of juvenile maidens and seven of the twelve are making their racecourse debuts here. Among the ones who have raced before, (3) FOX COLORING is the only one to have raced twice, improving into 4th on the latest of those and she can be expected to run solidly today. (2) SAND TIGER ran a decent 5th on debut a month ago and will also be well backed here. Aside from that pair, it’s the first-timers who will be expected to go well. (6) MABEOP CHEOREOM won a trial in a fast time last month and if she brings that kind of form to the races, she’ll go very close. (11) SAMBA RHYTHM wasn’t too far away in the very same heat and she too can go well first up. (8) FUNKY and (9) B.K. SOUND also trialed up together, Funky emerging on top and both of those should be in the hunt for at least some minor money. As ever with this kind of race, keep an eye on the market for clues.
|Selections||(6) Mabeop Cheoreom (8) Funky (2) Sand Tiger (3) Fox Coloring|
|Next Best||11, 9|
|Fast Start||2, 7, 9|
Race 4: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
It should be hard to recommend a twenty-six race maiden to win any race but this race does look to be (7) DANCING BLAZE’s to lose. She comes in off the back of consecutive runner-up finishes, beating three of these along the way last time and this could well be her day. So it could too for (8) FELICE. He’s also a maiden, in his case after eleven attempts and while he was one of those beaten by Dancing Blaze a month ago he returned just two weeks ago and ran a good 4th at this distance. He tends to leave himself a bit much to do but he’s not without ability. (3) B.K. MARINE was a winner at this distance in August (beating Dancing Blaze) and should be on pace early. (4) LUCKY ADELE steps up in class after coming close on each of her first four outings and shouldn’t be out of his depth here. (9) REALLY ONE looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(7) Dancing Blaze (8) Felice (3) B.K. Marine (4) Lucky Adele|
|Next Best||9, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4, 10|
Race 5: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRA 40 Million
(8) K PLUS WON is up in class following a 4th and a pair of 2nd place finishes from three starts so far. He looks nicely in here, should get on pace from the starts and can go all the way. (3) JAESAENGMYEONGNI ran a good 2nd over class and distance on October 19th, just missing out by a nose. He’ll be ridden patiently again and can be a danger late on. (5) ROYAL CLUB was a touch disappointing last start on October 12th at 1200M. He entered that race following two very close 2nd and 3rd place finishes in August and September and is well worth another chance here. (11) SWEEP MAN actually finished ahead of Royal Club in that October 12th race and can look to match the 4th he managed that day.
|Selections||(8) K Plus Won (5) Royal Club (3) Jaesangmyeongni (11) Sweep Man|
|Next Best||7, 12|
|Fast Start||6, 8, 12|
Race 6: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(5) SPOT survived an inquiry to keep a narrow victory over 1200M on October 26th. It was his second win in six starts in what has been a bit of an interrupted career to date. He’s up in class today but should be on speed from the start and can be very competitive. Japanese import (4) HENNESSY PRIME ran a strong 2nd on debut a month ago. He led until the closing stages and should have come on for that run. He has every chance of going one better. (6) BOGOINNA remains a maiden but enters off the back of two very solid 4th place efforts at class and distance. (7) DAMYANG GUNJU had a poor day at the office last time but comes in off six weeks out and should improve here. (11) SUPER STEAL was 1 13/1 winner at class and distance last time out and while this looks a bit tougher, she must be respected.
|Selections||(5) Spot (4) Hennessy Prime (6) Bogoinna (11) Super Steal|
|Next Best||7, 12|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 7|
Race 7: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Having won three in a row, (1) FASHION OF MARINE saw his winning streak come to an end when he was somewhat surprisingly beaten into 3rd place over 1300M on the last day of September. He came out of the widest gate that day but from the inside today and dropped back to 1200M, he should return to winning ways. (2) CHEONJIGAEBYEOK comes in having run 2nd of 8 over 1000M three weeks ago, just beaten half a length. He’ll be firmly in the hunt to at least repeat today although given the additional furlong, (11) YEONGGWANGUI FORE, who was 4th in that same race, may have a case to overturn the form. (10) ALECTO is up in class after a somewhat unexpected win over 1000M last month. The time before, he ran 4th to Fashion Of Marine, a full fourteen-lengths back so has plenty to make up today but can still beat a few. (5) KEUN MABEOP is better than her latest couple suggest and she too could grab some minor money.
|Selections||(1) Fashion Of Marine (11) Yeonggwangui Fore (2) Cheonjigaebyeok (10) Alecto|
|Next Best||5, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 9|
Race 8: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
Small field but tricky contest nonetheless. (4) IRON COR won at a mile in September before stepping up to 1800M four weeks ago where he ran 3rd. He drops back in trip today and will be one of a number looking to lead gate to wire. He has a chance. (2) CHIEF ACE ran 2nd to Iron Cor in that September mile and returns for the first time today. He’s yet to win but had three runner-up finishes from six outings so far and should be aiming to hit the board again. (5) PHILIP AND GIRAFFE ran a really good 4th in a tough class and distance race two weeks ago and warrants respect as a result. (7) KING OF KOREA showed at the front in that event before weakening and only beating a couple home but he’s much better than that and should get another chance here. (6) POTENTIAL remains winless but has been close on several occasions and could well be again.
|Selections||(4) Iron Cor (7) King Of Korea (2) Chief Ace (5) Philip And Giraffe|
|Next Best||6, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 7, 8|
Race 9: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
Another good race with three last-start winners among the field. (1) MR. SCAT steps up in class having won three of seven to date and has an excellent chance of making it four for his in-form stable. He’ll be on pace early and can go all the way. Also on pace from the start will be (3) CHROME MAGIC. He ground out a tough victory in a good race at this class over 1200M last time out in September and has won at this distance too. (2) DANGDAE GEOHAM was further back in that same race but ran well for 5th in another decent race a month ago and can improve on that here. (5) TITLE MATCH and (7) KOREAN FORCE are others who should be in at least the placing hunt.
|Selections||(1) Mr. Scat (3) Chrome Magic (2) Dangdae Geoham (7) Korean Force|
|Next Best||5, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 5|
Race 10: Class 1 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 110 Million
(1) BAENGMUNBAEKDAP is up in class having won well over this distance on October 5th and at the weights looks too good to turn down here. (4) ROYAL RUBY was 3rd in that same race and also comes up in class with perhaps a little more to find but can still be competitive. (9) APPROACH beat three of these on his way to 2nd place at class and distance on October 14th and will surely be competitive again. Two of those behind him that day, (6) DAEHO SIDAE and (2) SAENGIL GIPPEUM should both be there or thereabouts as well. (3) GREAT KING took his chance in the Korea Cup in September where he was a little overmatched but ran well on his return to Busan at the end of that month – beating Saengil Gippeum – and he is another who can challenge for at least the places here.
|Selections||(1) Baengmunbaekdap (9) Approach (2) Saengil Gippeum (6) Daeho Sidae|
|Next Best||3, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 7, 9|
Race 11: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(7) THUNDER FLY has won three in a row and four from five in total. His latest win was a three-length score over 1200M at this class on October 5th. He tackles 1400M for the first time today and is carrying more weight but still looks the one to beat. (8) GYOKAKSANGJANG ran 5th in the Korean Oaks in July and then finished in the same position in the Gyeonggi Governor’s Cup at Seoul in September. She comes in having run 4th when favorite at a mile three weeks ago and the drop in trip may help her today. (5) EUNGNIBYEOSU ran a very creditable 5th of 12 on his first try at this level two weeks ago and can get close again while (1) HWANGGEUM GEOTAP and (6) CHEONNYEONUI GANG are perhaps best of the rest.
|Selections||(7) Thunder Fly (8) Gyohaksangjang (5) Eungnibyeosu (6) Cheonnyeonui Gang|
|Next Best||1, 4|
|Fast Start||2, 8|