It’s the eve of the President’s Cup where on Sunday Triple Nine will look to secure his historic 4th straight victory. Before that, there is a 12-race card at Seoul on Saturday from 1:45 to 18:00:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
A rather weak maiden to kick things off and (6) ANGELA, one of only two in the race to have a 2nd place finish to her name, could be the one to take the opportunity to get her maiden win. That 2nd came behind Surfing Point, who has since won again at a higher level and she can win here. The other one with a runner-up finish in their record is (5) SCARLET PERFECT. She’s been a bit ordinary in three subsequent starts but should have enough about her to be competitive today. (4) PARRHESIA got badly bumped about at the start last time but recovered well to run and encouraging 4th and he can improve today. (1) SINUI CHUKBOK and (3) I’M HAPPY are others who may improve.
|Selections||(6) Angela (4) Parrhesia (5) Scarlet Perfect (1) Sinui Chukbok|
|Next Best||3, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 9|
Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Five of these raced each other over the distance on October 7th filling out 2nd to 5th. (9) BINNANEUN RUBY came out the best of them that finishing a couple of lengths ahead of (5) GEOTAP. Both those tow look nicely in here and it’s Geotap who perhaps has the potential to improve. (1) PUNGMUNEURO ran a solid enough 4th last time out on October 6th, his best finish to date and she looks as though she could get even closer today. (7) REAL GANGJA was a much improved 3rd over 1200M at the end of July. He comes in after fourteen weeks off and up to 1300M for the first time, which may suit. (12) WHITE FLOWER looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(5) Geotap (1) Pungmuneuro (9) Binnaneun Ruby (7) Real Gangja|
|Next Best||12, 8, 4|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 10|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Maiden juveniles only here with five of the eleven racing for the very first time. Starting with the experienced ones though, (4) GAON FORCE ran 2nd over 1000M on October 6th on what was his second career start. He tackles further than the minimum distance for the first time here and is probably the one to beat. (1) SSOARAUTS came 3rd in that same race, a full five-lengths back on what was her racecourse debut. It was promising enough and the way she ran on suggests the enhanced trip will suit. (10) DANGDAE ROYAL debuted at this distance in September, running 3rd and should be a factor too as should his stablemate (6) RULES ICHEON, who has done nothing wrong across two outings to date. Only one of the debut-makers really catches the eye. That’s (7) LUMINESCE, who impressed in a trial a month ago and if he brings that kind of showing to the races, will go very close.
|Selections||(4) Gaon Force (7) Luminesce (1) Ssoarauts (6) Rules Icheon|
|Next Best||10, 3|
|Fast Start||6, 10|
Race 4: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(2) POP STREET got his maiden win on his second career start in January but then didn’t reappear until last month. He ran very promisingly on his return, finishing 3rd at this distance behind a couple of useful looking types. He is well drawn to get the lead here and can go all the way. (4) RAON SIRIUS drops back in trip having run 3rd at 1300M on October 7th. He finished in the same position on his last try at this distance too in a fast time back in August and he looks to be the main threat. (1) SUJEBII held his own on his first try at this level, running 5th of 11 on a wet track and can go well here too. (6) LUCKY BONGHWA remains a maiden but returned from five months off with an encouraging performance at the end of September and is another who should be in the hunt.
|Selections||(2) Pop Street (4) Raon Sirius (6) Lucky Bonghwa (1) Sujebi|
|Next Best||8, 5|
Race 5: Class 4 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
Imported juveniles going here with four of the ten racing for the first time. Among the other six though, we have an already proven winner in the shape of (6) ULTRA PUNCH, who achieved one of the fastest times of the year so far in scoring over this distance on October 6th. The time was no doubt assisted but the wet track but nevertheless, it’s enough to afford him favourite status here. Four-lengths adrift in 2nd that day was (3) EAST KWAENAM, who was making his debut. That was encouraging and followed a trial win in September. He’s favoured to get closest once more. (1) PHOENIX WOLF raced very greenly on her debut three weeks ago to the extent a warning was placed against her. She previously won a trial in quick time so evidently has some ability and if she fixes her manners, we may see a big improvement. (5) WUJEONGUI HYANGGI didn’t get the best of trips in her debut the same day and is another who could show more. Of the debut-makers, (10) M J POWER, a trial winner at the end of September, looks the most promising.
|Selections||(6) Ultra Punch (3) East Kwaenam (1) Phoenix Wolf (5) Wujeongui Hyanggi|
|Next Best||10, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 6, 10|
Race 6: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(11) HAEDEULMOE got his maiden win over this distance in early September, scoring by six-lengths. He ran 2nd on his first try at this level four weeks ago, beaten by Baeksan Meniqueen, who has plenty of potential herself, and he can overcome the wide draw to get on pace and win here. (1) RAON JAMES is up in class following his own maiden win in September. It was even more eye-catching as he prevailed by a full eight-lengths and should be competitive at this level too. From the inside gate, he’ll surely be trying to lead from the start. (5) THE FINAL remains a maiden but has a 2nd place at this level to her name. She bled that day and returns after eleven weeks off having looked sharp in a trial a week ago. (2) BAEKDUUI JEONGSANG and (7) BAEKSAN ISLAND look best of the rest.
|Selections||(11) Haedeulmoe (1) Raon James (5) The Final (2) Baekduui Jeongsang|
|Next Best||7, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 11, 12|
Race 7: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(3) M.J. ROAD ran 3rd at class and distance on October 13th in a similar strength race to this and she looks nicely in here to come out on top today. The main danger looks to be (5) SUPER FLUID, who doesn’t have the best of racing manners but ran a good 4th on his first try at this trip on October 7th, beating a couple of these along the way. Neither of the two favourites have shown themselves to be especially fast starters so (8) SEVEN’S LUCKY and (12) RAON ROCKY, who are both expected to be on pace, could have a chance of holding on all the way. Another in with a chance, who will settle just behind the early speed is the experienced (4) EOUL DEOUL. He comes in on a run of three consecutive 4th place finishes and should be looking, at a minimum, to maintain that today.
|Selections||(3) M. J. Road (5) Super Fluid (12) Raon Rocky (8) Seven’s Lucky|
|Next Best||4, 2|
|Fast Start||5, 8, 12|
Race 8: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(7) HANIL GANGJA is up in class having romped home by ten-lengths on October 6th on a wet track over this distance to record his second win in seven outings. The conditions helped that day but it wasn’t exactly unexpected either and he has every chance of repeating the win – if not necessarily the margin – here. (10) JUMEOK DOKKI is the big danger. He ran out a gate-to-wire window at this class and distance on October 13th, winning by four-lengths. He carries an additional 4kg today but is still firmly in the frame. (4) RAON PRIMER suffered a bad start last time from which he found it difficult to recover but if he gets away better, we know he can be competitive at this level. (2) JERAHAN was just half a length behind Jumeok Dokki when they raced each other in September. Her saddle slipped on her way to another 4th place last time and she can get close today. (1) SPECIAL WINNER is up in class and has a bit to find.
|Selections||(7) Hanil Gangja (10) Jumeok Dokki (2) Jerahan (4) Raon Primer|
|Next Best||6, 1, 8|
|Fast Start||4, 7, 10|
Race 9: Class 4 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(4) KYMA comes in here with the most consistent recent form, having been no worse than 5th in each of his last four starts, all at this distance. He’ll be ridden patiently and so long as he doesn’t leave himself too much to do, he could add to his three career victories on what will be his 49th start. (5) CAPTAIN POWER ran an improved 3rd at class and distance last time out and should be close again while (8) SUSEONG CHAMP and (9) DAECHEON ACE have both proven themselves competent at this level and both should be competitive here. (2) STRONG MAN was a winner over 1400M at this class in September and attempts two turns for the first time here with evert chance of it suiting.
|Selections||(4) Kyma (5) Captain Power (9) Daecheon Ace (2) Strong Man|
|Next Best||8, 3|
|Fast Start||5, 7, 9|
Race 10: Class 3 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(4) IGYEOJUMA, (11) JEOKBYEOK SHINHWA and (5) JISANGMYEONGRYEONG came home 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively with just three lengths between them at this class over 1700M on October 6th, Igyeojuma was favourite that day and came from just off the lead to score by a couple of lengths and with him only carrying an extra 2kg today, he can repeat. Jeokbyeok Shinhwa led from the gate in that race but was tiring by the end and the extra half furlong today does not look to be in his favour but Jisangmyeongryeong on the other hand, was flying home, going from 12th to 3rd in the final furlong. He’ll be well-backed here. Among those who didn’t race that day, (2) HWANGGEUM DEULPAN’s recent form reads well and he should be close while (3) CHEONG UN SIDAE and (10) FLYING MUNNING are also both capable of going well in this company.
|Selections||(4) Igyeojuma (5) Jisangmyeongryeong (10) Flying Munning (2) Hwanggeum Deulpan|
|Next Best||3, 11|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 9, 11|
Race 11: Class 1 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 150 Million
(12) MIGHTY SSING’s latest two have defeats have been a cracking 2nd in the Owners’ Cup at Busan and then a 5th in the KRA Cup Classic. Last time he ran in this kind of race, he beat no fewer than five of these on his way to an eleven-length class and distance win in June. He has barely any weight on his back and surely wins this. The competition is the usual array of worthy but unspectacular types that currently populate the class 1 handicap ranks at Seoul. (8) GAEULI JEONSEOL, who ran a good 2nd to Moonhak Chief last start and got closest of these to Mighty Ssing in June is the second pick while (3) SINJO DAEHYEOP returned from six months off to run in last month’s KRA Cup Classic. That was too much too soon but he should go close to the places here. (7) WILD THUNDER and (10) SOTONG SIDAE are others in the hunt for the money.
|Selections||(12) Mighty Ssing (8) Gaeuli Jeonseol (3) Sinjo Daehyeop (7) Wild Thunder|
|Next Best||10, 13|
|Fast Start||3, 7, 12, 13|
Race 12: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
It’s been a while since the most recent of (5) YES YOU CAN’s three career victories but his recent form reads well. He drops back to 1400M today in a race that looks very winnable for him. (8) MAGIC TEN has been a touch frustrating since bursting on the scene with four early wins. She was an also-ran in the Oaks but then ran a good 2nd over 1700M at the beginning of September before flopping again. She drops back in trip today and may help her get back on the straight and narrow. Also dropping back in trip is (9) SPECIAL ROAD HILL. She’s two starts into a comeback following a lengthy absence and can get better today. (1) AMENDA didn’t enjoy two turns last start and should be better today while (2) STAR CAT is another Oaks also-ran who hasn’t quite shown her true ability of late.
|Selections||(5) Yes You Can (8) Magic Ten (1) Amenda (9) Special Road Hill|
|Next Best||2, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 3|