There are 11 races at Seoul on Saturday with race 1 at 10:45 and race 11 at 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Seven three-year-olds to kick things off with three racing for the very first time and it’s from them that we find our pick. The wisdom of naming a horse (3) UNDEFEATED may be questionable but Luigi Riccardi’s colt could well get through his first assignment living up to his name. He won a trial in good order in April, making all and looking comfortable and we’ll make him the pick. Another of the debutants, (4) MONEY DAERYUK also looked competent. It’s taken her a long time to get to the track having first sought to qualify last summer and she should be ready for a solid first race. Of those who have raced before, (7) ADELEUI KKUM managed a useful 3rd at 1300M in January and wasn’t too far away in 5th last time. (5) TAMNA YEOSIN and (6) ROAD WOMAN also have potential to improve.
|Selections||(3) Undefeated (4) Money Daeryuk (7) Adeleui Kkum (5) Tamna Yeosin|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 5|
Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(3) SIMON FRUIT wasn’t fancied at all on debut on April 7th but managed a strong 2nd place, running on nicely over the minimum distance. He’s up to 1300M today but it could well suit and he’s the one to beat. (9) HWANGGEUM JUMEONI and (4) BAEKDU POWER came home 3rd and 4th when the raced each other at this distance, also on April 7th. The former came from well off the pace that day and will likely try to repeat today. Both have claims. (1) I AM WINNER is yet to be a winner in anything except a barrier trial, and while that may not change here, he could better the back to back 4ths he’s achieved in his latest two starts and should be on pace early. Likewise (5) GOLDEN WEDDING comes in off consecutive 3rd places – beating I Am Winner in the latest of them – and should be in the placing hunt again.
|Selections||(3) Simon Fruit (9) Hwanggeum Jumeoni (4) Baekdu Power (5) Golden Wedding|
|Next Best||1, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 2|
Race 3: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Another small field and (8) DUBUREO SOOP, who came from off the pace to run 2nd at the distance last start returns from twelve weeks off and should be hard to beat here. While his slow start may not be ideal at 1000M, unless he blows the start completely, there isn’t anything that should be of too much concern. (5) MAY PRINCE has gone well with a 2nd place at this distance in an even weaker contest than this a month ago but is inconsistent while (6) RAON SITIEOSEU. (1) NAMJJOK NARA and (3) CHOWON YEOJEONSA are underwhelming others who could improve.
|Selections||(8) Dubureo Soop (5) May Prince (6) Raon Sitieoseu (1) Namjjok Nara|
|Fast Start||5, 6|
Race 4: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
A big field to get stuck into and we’ll go for (12) ILGAKSU to break his streak of runner-up finishes and get it right this time. In his defence, he hasn’t been favourite for any of the three consecutive races he’s finished 2nd in but he will be today and he can overcome the wide draw to win. This is not a strong race so (1) SIMPLE RULES should improve on the 5ths he’s registered in his latest two and can compete for the win while the up in class (11) NEW FAMILY, whose win last start came in similarly modest company, also has little to be intimidated by. (4) HI EUREKA was a useful 3rd last start and can be considered while (10) DOUBLE A, who actually beat Ilgaksu when landing his solitary win last October, was a creditable 4th last time out and can go close too.
|Selections||(12) Ilgaksu (1) Simple Rules (11) New Family (4) Hi Eureka|
|Next Best||10, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 12|
Race 5: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(7) DORAON ACHIM HAE ran out a four-length winner over this distance when getting his maiden win at the sixth attempt on April 8th. It had been coming with progress shown across his races before that and while he’s up in class today, he has every chance of winning again. (11) RUBY BEOLKIN beat five of these when running out a somewhat surprising winner at class and distance on April 7th (race 4). She was on pace early from a similarly wide draw and a repeat isn’t impossible. OF the ones behind her that day who go again here, (6) STAR PERFECT and (1) GOLDSTAR HILLS look to have the best chance of overturning that form. The other one to consider is (5) ONLY GO, who comes in off back to back 3rd places at 1700M and 1200M respectively and can be expected to at least repeat.
|Selections||(7) Doraon Achim Hae (5) Only Go (11) Ruby Beolkin (1) Goldstar Hills|
|Next Best||6, 4|
|Fast Start||7, 10, 11|
Race 6: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(12) LUCKY CHUNYANG was 3rd on debut in December but has won all three of his starts since including his latest at class and distance on April 1st. The Hansen colt carries an additional 4kg today but can make light of both it – and being drawn in the car park – to keep his streak going. (10) LOVE IT is yet to register her first win but keeps coming close and surely won’t be too far away again in slightly softer company than her latest pair of 3rd place finishes have been in. (3) NASCAUI BYEOL and (4) BIG GARLAND also have recent form reading well and can be considered. (6) WINNING WIN probably has too much to find up in class and first-up off sixteen weeks out so (8) AMAZING SOCKS looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(12) Lucky Chunyang (10) Love It (4) Big Garland (2) Nascaui Byeol|
|Next Best||8, 5|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 8, 12|
Race 7: Class 5 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(4) CLEAN UP SECRET obliged by six-lengths when strong favourite to score his maiden win on March 24th at 1300M. He’s up in class today but he has raced at this distance before – finishing 5th when betting favourite last November. He looks to have come on since then and can settle just behind any early speed and could have too much for them in the closing stages. (3) MIGHTY WA was 3rd at class and distance eight weeks ago and returns here in with a chance. (2) CITY CHAMP and (12) ECTON SINHWA finished 2nd and 3rd respectively when they raced each other on March 31st at the distance. City Champ was longest shot on the board that day while Ecton Sinhwa was favourite, and they’ll be much closer in the market today. Then there is (9) SAEROUNSIN. The eight-year-old mare is making her 82nd start today and is still a maiden but she enters in the best form of her career having finished no worse than 4th in each of her last five outings.
|Selections||(4) Clean Up Secret (3) Mighty Wa (12) Ecton Sinhwa (9) Saerounsin|
|Next Best||2, 1|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 11|
Race 8: Class 4 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(9) NASCAUI TAEYANG is yet to win but hasn’t been far away and comes in following a solid 3rd in tougher company than this last start on March 31st. He hasn’t raced at this distance before, but he does have a 3rd to his name at 1800M and could well try to win this leading gate to wire. If he comes up short again then the obvious one to take advantage is (6) YEOKDAE CHOESANG. A class 5 winner at the distance in early March before running 3rd on his first try at this class on April 7th, he’ll be dangerous again. (7) EAGLES GRIFTER ran 4th behind Nascaui Taeyang last time out and can get close once more while (1) SEONGEUN BRACHA and (2) MIGHTY JOHN are the others with the most convincing claims.
|Selections||(9) Nascaui Taeyang (6) Yeokdae Choesang (2) Mighty John (7) Eagles Grifter|
|Next Best||1, 4|
|Fast Start||7, 9, 10|
Race 9: Class 4 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
It took him a few goes to figure things out but (1) NONGBON DAERO now can’t stop winning. His streak is up to four and there’s no reason why it can’t be five after this. He came from off the pace last time to comfortably score at this distance and has beaten four of his rivals here over his latest two efforts. He is carrying significantly more weight today than on any of his other previous wins but remains hard to oppose. If we are to oppose him, the (6) SUPER TRICK and (7) CHEONJI GONGSA look most likely. Nongbon Daero has beaten both, but they both have ability and are both getting 5kg from the favourite. (2) BIG SKY and (3) SPASTAR others who could play a part.
|Selections||(1) Nongbon Daero (7) Cheonji Gongsa (6) Super Trick (3) Spastar|
|Next Best||2, 4|
Race 10: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
Competitive race here but (5) PRIMA QUEEN was a class and distance winner on April 7th in what was arguably a marginally stiffer test than this and she has every chance of repeating. That day she came from just off the pace to defeat (10) YEONGGWANGUI SIGAN by a length and a quarter and that one can challenge here although a sterner test may be posed by (8) WONDER LIGHT, a touch disappointing last time but with every chance of improving here. Both (1) RAON ALICE and (11) STAR CAT are up in class. Raon Alice was a five-length winner at 1300M on March 24th while Star Cat was a narrowly beaten 2nd following back to back wins all also at 1300M. Both should be in the frame here with the later seeking to get on the early pace.
|Selections||(5) Prima Queen (8) Wonder Light (1) Raon Alice (11) Star Cat|
|Next Best||10, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 7, 11|
Race 11: Class 2 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(9) GOOD HENNY won three out of four between November and February but came unstuck on his first try at this class over 1900M on March 24th. We’ll not give up on him yet though and he drops back down to a one-turn race here albeit at a distance that he’s never actually raced at before. He’ll look to get on pace early and we’ll give him another chance. (7) HWANGGEUM SORI was also disappointing last start but is proven at this level and also gets another chance while (6) SOJUNGHAN MANNAM is another who drops back in trip after recent efforts around two-turns and should be in the frame. (1) SPIRIT OF HANSEN and (2) MAJUNGMUL are others for whom this race could suit, and both could improve on recent runs.
|Selections||(9) Good Henny (7) Hwanggeum Sori (6) Sojunghan Mannam (1) Spirit Of Hansen|
|Next Best||2, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 5, 9|