While it’s expected to rain on Sunday, Saturday should be bright and sunny and there is an eleven-race card to get stuck into at Seoul Racecourse from 10:45 to 18:00:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Maiden for three-year-olds only to begin with and it involves three debut-makers along with nine with some experience. Among the experienced ones, both (3) MAY PRINCE and (4) GEOBOOGI MANSE improved to 2nd in their latest starts and while neither were in particularly impressive races, they should both be looking to at least repeat here. May Prince is a better starter and cold possibly start favourite. (5) CHEONGANG SEONG managed 3rd place on debut all the way back last July. He finally made his second start a month ago and while he weakened late on, he could go better here. (6) DAECHEON HERO too has shown some glimpses of ability. The main danger looks to be one of the first-timers though. (1) VICAR BRACING looked competent running on well in a trial two weeks ago and should be involved.
|Selections||(3) May Prince (1) Vicar Bracing (4) Geoboogi Manse (5) Cheongang Seong|
|Next Best||6, 2|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 6|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Regular maiden here and quite a competitive one. (3) BEST VICTORY and (2) BLUE ANNA came home in 3rd and 4th place respectively when they raced each other over this distance on March 17th. For Best Victory that was a big improvement but for Blue Anna, it was her first start in eight months and she looked good. She has the fastest time of any of these over the distance and could well get home on top today. An unfashionable jockey on may provide some value too. (10) CUPID GANGJA drops all the way back in trip to the minimum after 2nd place in a weak race at 1700M last month and should be in the frame here. (4) SPEED YEOWANG and (5) ARGO GALLOPER both come in off the back of positive performances and can be involved again. (8) BAEKDUUI JEONGSANG has also shown some ability and could get in the placing frame.
|Selections||(2) Blue Anna (3) Best Victory (4) Speed Yeowang (10) Cupid Gangja|
|Next Best||5, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 7, 11|
Race 3: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(7) GANGTOMA was first across the line on what was his third start on March 11th but ended up being disqualified for shifting outwards on the turn, an action that saw a rider of another horse unseated (Moon Se Young, who is still side-lined with the resulting injury). Aside from that he ran impressively as he has in his two results so far that do stand, and he should be first back again today. (1) THE JIJON has a 5th and a 4th in two starts at this level so far, both at 1000M but he has proven himself capable at this distance in the past and he can be a threat. He will likely be on the early speed along with (3) FLYING JOY, who is up in class after going close too many times at class 6. The competition here isn’t significantly stronger and he has the services once more of the in-form David Breux. (6) HAPPY MAUNTAIN and (10) MALAKAS others who should be in the hunt.
|Selections||(7) Gangtoma (3) Flying Joy (1) The Jijon (10) Malakas|
|Next Best||6, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 5, 10|
Race 4: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(7) HURACAN ran so badly in January that he was suspended for two months and forced to take two trials before being allowed to race again. He completed that process and returned in good fashion at this distance on March 17th, showing at the front and running on for a good 2nd place and he should be firmly in the frame here. That was a decent race with less than three lengths separating 1st and 6th. (1) GOLD SEVEN came home in 3rd that day with (8) GLOBAL NEWS, who was favourite, 6th and both of those can be considered dangers here. (4) YAHO STRONG CAT ran a good 2nd at the distance on March 4th and can look for at least the places again while (3) BACK TO BACK hasn’t been too far away in three outings at this class to date and should go close once more.
|Selections||(7) Huracan (4) Yaho Strong Cat (8) Global News (1) Gold Seven|
|Next Best||3, 12, 10|
|Fast Start||4, 6, 7, 8|
Race 5: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Fillies & mares only here and (3) DANCING BLADE steps up in class having secured her maiden win at this distance on her second start on March 18th. It wasn’t a strong race, even for class 6, but she won well enough and could repeat. She’s not a fast starter so she is going to have to come by plenty if she is to win and some of them won’t give way easily. (6) DAECHEONUI SARANG and (9) ROYAL BOKSUNI are likely to be on speed early and both come in off positive decent performances and should stay on strongly. Though well back in 5th last time, Royal Boksuni has been racing in stiffer company than this and should get much closer today. (2) FANTASTIC QUEEN steps back up in trip after a couple of good results at 1000M and can be a factor too. (5) DALDARI also hasn’t been far away in recent outings and should be in at least the placing frame.
|Selections||(9) Royal Boksuni (3) Dancing Blade (6) Daecheonui Sarang (5) Daldari|
|Next Best||2, 10|
|Fast Start||4, 6, 8, 9|
Race 6: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
Fillies and mares only again. After an inauspicious debut, (5) PANGPANG GARI has gone on to win three in a row with her latest being at class and distance on February 10th. She comes in off a ten-week layoff and is carrying significantly more weight today than she has in her previous races, but she still has every chance of keeping her impressive run going. (10) LUXURY HAPPY was 3rd behind Pangpang Gari in that February race and followed up with a decent 2nd place ahead of a couple of the others who go here, on March 25th and can aim to at least place again. (1) JEONGSANG MUJEOK is up in class having got her maiden win at this distance in March. She once finished ten lengths behind Pangpang Gari but does look to have come on and should a danger. (7) THE QUEEN GRACE also steps up in class and can be competitive. Sepoy gelding (6) LOVELY TEMPO is the solitary debut-maker. The Simon Foster trainee trialled up nicely earlier this month and can go well first-up.
|Selections||(5) Pangpang Gari (1) Jeongsang Mujeok (6) Lovely Tempo (10) Luxury Happy|
|Next Best||7, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 5, 6, 7|
Race 7: Class 6 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(11) HANSEN BAROWS beat a couple of these on his was to 3rd place at this distance on March 24th. That was a weak race and so is this and he could well make his breakthrough here. (3) ONNURI ALBA has run well at this distance and while he’s not got much in the way of speed about him, should grind his way past most of these at some point. (2) MAJJABEUN SON steps up in trip to two-turns for the first time having run on nicely at 1300M last start and could be in the frame. (1) GANGSEO EUTTEUM too is up to the distance for the first time and should be competitive. (4) MIGHTY COOL has raced at 1700M before although he didn’t do too well. He’s inconsistent but is capable of going ok on is day and could be ready to tackle this trip again.
|Selections||(11) Hansen Barows (3) Onnuri Alba (2) Majjabeun Son (4) Mighty Cool|
|Next Best||1, 8|
|Fast Start||8, 10, 11|
Race 8: Class 4 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
A winner at this distance at class 5 in February, (2) DAESEUNG BIBEOB has a 3rd and a 2nd in two starts since. The most recent of those was over 1800M on March 25th when he was less than a length behind the winner and seven lengths clear of (1) GWANGYA BULGIDUNG in 3rd. Daeseung Bibeob can set up camp just behind the early lead here and can win. It’s a competitive race though. (5) WONDERFUL JACKPOT ran well in Seoul’s top juvenile races last year and returned from more than three months off to run 2rd over 1300M four weeks ago. He steps up to two turns for the first time here and should go close. (8) GEUMBIRANG and (3) SHARK DAEJANGGUN both step up in class following victories at this distance last month and both should be in the hunt with Geumbirang the more favoured to handle the increased competitive. (7) GEUMA FORTE is another to take into account.
|Selections||(2) Daeseung Bibeob (5) Wonderful Jackpot (8) Geumbirang (3) Shark Daejanggun|
|Next Best||7, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 3|
Race 9: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
It took (11) GOLD SOCKS twenty-one outings to land his maiden win but he clearly liked it as it took him just two more goes to get his second. That came at 1800M on March 25th with a couple of his rivals here back down the track and a repeat isn’t impossible. (2) GEOM HAENG has taken to two-turns well with solid 4th and 3rd place finishes in two attempts so far and he’ll be in the frame. (1) NAMCHON ARTIST has been a touch disappointing in five tries but could benefit from getting some extra distance today. (7) GWANAK HAMSEONG and (8) JISANGMYEONGRYEONG are others who can go close. The former comes in following back to back 3rd places at this distance while the later was less than half a length behind Geom Haeng last time.
|Selections||(11) Gold Socks (2) Geom Haeng (1) Namchon Artist (8) Jisangmyeongryeong|
|Next Best||7, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 11, 12|
Race 10: Class 2 (2000M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(1) SARYEONI HEALING is a very consistent type who rarely misses by much. He comes in following a 4th place ahead of three of his rivals here at 1900M on March 24th, having come from well off the pace as he tends to do. He steps up an extra half furlong to 2000M for the first time and it may well suit him. (9) LEAD MONEY and (5) WILD THUNDER both ran in the Owners’ Association Trophy last month over 1200M. They both had a hard time of it, but both should be happier in this company and also getting back up to having a bit of distance to play with. (6) SINGIPARANG was just half a length behind Saryeoni Healing last start and should be in at least the placing frame. (2) ANYANG TIGER looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(1) Saryeoni Healing (9) Lead Money (5) Wild Thunder (6) Singiparang|
|Next Best||2, 7|
|Fast Start||5, 6, 10|
Race 11: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(8) MUCH MONEY ran a good 2nd, beaten only by the talented Hoeng Un Gol at class and distance on February 25th. He comes back in after eight weeks off looking ready to win. It is yet another very competitive contest though. An also-ran in a couple of the big juvenile races last season, (12) GLOBAL LINE just missed out by a neck over 1700M last time and steps back in trip and firmly into the frame here. He will need to overcome the widest draw as he likes to get on pace, but he could well do it. (3) STORM RYKER is up in class after a good win at 1000M a month ago and is another who should be on the pace early with a chance of going all the way. (10) GAMGYEOGUI SUNGAN and (7) RISING FUTURE look best of the rest.
|Selections||(12) Global Line (8) Much Money (3) Storm Ryker (7) Rising Future|
|Next Best||10, 1|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 10, 11, 12|