There are 11 races at Seoul on Saturday with the first at 10:45 and the last at 18:00:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(7) POWER KOREA races for the first time since January when he registered a 2nd place over 1000M in his best finish from eleven starts to date and today could be his day, most likely ridden from the front. The two main dangers are both returning from lengthy absences. (1) BLUE ANNA ran twice last summer with a best finish of 2nd before her setback. She trialled well at the start of this month and can be taken seriously here. (10) MISS MOUNTAIN got to race just the once all the way back at the beginning of March of last year before suffering a chip fracture. She did well in that one appearance, showing on pace and finishing 2nd. She requalified last November but had further setbacks and finally returns today. Both the returnees are in with a shout in this modest contest. (9) NEUNGRYEOK SIDAE can build on a competent enough debut a month ago while (11) RAON PRO SENSE has hinted at ability across five starts to date and can improve here.
|Selections||(7) Power Korea (10) Miss Mountain (1) Blue Anna (9) Neungryeok Sidae|
|Next Best||11, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 7, 8, 11|
Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(8) EAST KINGDOM began his career well with a 3rd and a 2nd at the tail-end of last year and while he was underwhelming on his 2018 debut, only beating a couple home at this distance back in January, he comes in here fresh after eight weeks out and can return to form. (6) SEUNGRI PLUS hasn’t been too far away in four outings so far and can continue that record here, most likely leading from the gate. (5) BAEKDUI TAEYANG should be on speed too. He was beaten by East Kingdom on what was both their debuts back in October but has since registered a 4th place at the distance and can come under consideration. (4) MAIN EVENT has shown little so far but his stable is in good form and an upturn is possible while (9) ADELEUI KKUM’s 3rd place last start may have been slow and a long way behind a good winner but was certainly an improvement and can be built on here.
|Selections||(8) East Kingdom (6) Seungri Plus (5) Baekdui Taeyang (9) Adeleui Kkum|
|Next Best||4, 7|
|Fast Start||5, 6, 9|
Race 3: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Fillies only here and while even for the level it’s not a strong race, it is competitive. We’re going to give another chance to (3) AMENDA. Following her maiden win in December she began the year with a solid 2nd place at class and distance before disappointing when odds-on favourite last month. She sweated up that day and began poorly which ruined her race. She’s not a very bold sort but if Park Tae Jong can get her in the right position early, she can beat these. (10) AMARONE did ok on her first attempt at this level a month ago, finishing 5th but not too far off 3rd. Her maiden win also came at this distance and she should be in the frame here too. (9) GEUMA THUNDER had such a torrid time last start she was sent back to trial for being so slow. She was anything but slow when romping the resulting trial and comes into contention here on what will be her first try at this distance. Continuing the theme of poor latest showings, (2) BULHUUI SEUNGJA finished well back but in her defence, it was a much tougher race than this and she should improve today. The time before she ran 2nd at class and distance beating (8) STAR PERFECT who was 3rd. The latter has run three times since then with mixed results, the latest of which was at 1700M and she has a chance of at least the minor money today.
|Selections||(3) Amenda (10) Amarone (9) Geuma Thunder (2) Bulhuui Seungja|
|Next Best||8, 5|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 9, 12|
Race 4: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(10) DUSON WANGJA beat (4) SOMETHING MYSTERY as the pair raced 3rd and 5th respectively over this distance back in December. Since then both have gone on to record runner-up finishes at 1300M – on the same day in two halves of split race on February 10th. So, which one has progressed more in the past month? They’ll both want to be on speed and the draw favours Something Mystery so all else being equal, that’s the way we’ll lean. It’s no two-horse race though. (8) EMERALD KING was beaten by both the two favourites in that race in December but has put in two competent showings since and can come into play here. (5) CHOWON YEOJEONSA and (7) DUAL CHOEGANG both have 2nd places in their records and can get close today.
|Selections||(4) Something Mystery (10) Duson Wangja (8) Emerald King (7) Dual Choegang|
|Next Best||5, 3|
|Fast Start||2,4, 9, 10|
Race 5: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
He was 2nd on debut and then a nine-length winner on January 28th, both at this distance and while (11) GLOBAL NEWS is up in class today he should have far too much here. He doesn’t look the most straightforward type but is he shows the same kind of speed he did last tie, he can overcome the wide draw to get on pace early and win comfortably. The one with the best chance of stopping him is (4) FANTASTIC QUEEN, who finished off very nicely for 2nd at the distance on February 4th. (3) MAGIC AI returned form a ten-month absence a month ago and while she weakened late on, she should have come on for it and can go closer this time. (5) SOJUNGHAN SEONGBUL was among those in front of Magic Ai that day and can aim to repeat the 3rd place she managed. Another one up in class following a maiden win, (9) SKY MARINE, can also look for the places.
|Selections||(11) Global News (4) Fantastic Queen (3) Magic Ai (9) Sky Marine|
|Next Best||5, 8|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 6, 11|
Race 6: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(5) DAEGI SOKDO has a win and a pair of 2nd places from his last three outings, all three of them at class and distance and both times when 2nd beaten by Geumak Yeoje. In the course of those, he’s beaten several of the others who go here, and he has strong claims to finish on top today. (7) CALLIOPE is one of those he has beaten, finishing 6th behind him of February 10th. The margins were tight though and Calliope, one of a number likely to be on speed early, can get closer today. Among others on pace should be (3) BLACK MUSIC, who drops back in distance for the first time in a long time and (11) P.K. TIME, who didn’t quite manage to finish off from a good position last start but is worth another chance. Those two are both in at least the placing frame along with (2) MAMBO CHEONHA.
|Selections||(5) Daegi Sokdo (7) Calliope (11) P.K. Time (3) Black Music|
|Next Best||2, 1|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 7, 10, 11|
Race 7: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Wide open race for fillies and mares only. (9) BEYOND LIMIT and (11) TEUKBYEOL STAR came home 4th and 5th with just half a length separating them at class and distance three weeks ago and both look firmly in the frame for top honours this time. Both have plenty of experience at this level even if Teukbyeol Star, 3rd place-getter in last year’s Korean Oaks, still remains a maiden. (5) BRAVE UP was a decent 3rd at 1000M last start and has already won at this distance – she’s likely to lead early today. (2) TRUE TIMBER drops back in trip after recent outings over 1700M and is another who has performed well at this distance in the past. (4) OKAY QUEEN returns from nine weeks out and looked impressive enough when winning a trial at the end of February to be taken into consideration first-up here.
|Selections||(9) Beyond Limit (5) Brave Up (11) Teukbeyol Star (2) True Timber|
|Next Best||4, 8, 3|
|Fast Start||5, 6, 8|
Race 8: Class 5 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(11) GWANAK HAMSEONG and (5) CLEAN UP DREAM were 3rd and 5th at class and distance on February 10th. For Gwanak Hamseong it was his best finish to date on what was his first try at the distance while Clean Up Dream already has a 2nd to his name at 1700M. Both look competitive here and well side marginally with Gwanak Hamseong to show that this is the trip for him. (4) MONDAY MONEY has the chance to do that too as she sttempts two turns for the first time following some reasonable if unspectacular efforts at 1300M. (1) SHARK DAEJANGGEUN is up in class and distance after a few too many near-misses at class 6 and can also be competitive, likely trying to lead from the gate. (8) SPEED IS KHAN was put up to this distance for what was just his fourth start at the end of January. He showed well in the early part of race but faded and was beaten so badly he was forced back to trial. He won that trial in a fast time and is interestingly sent right back up to this trip again.
|Selections||(11) Gwanak Hamseong (5) Clean Up Dream (8) Speed Is Khan (4) Monday Money|
|Next Best||1, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 10|
Race 9: Class 3 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(5) PUREUN MAE was a somewhat surprising winner at class and distance on February 3rd, getting to the front early and staying on very nicely on what was his first attempt at two turns. He still carries a nice light weight, his apprentice jockey is in very good form and a repeat could happen. (1) TAEYANGUI HUYE was 3rd that day, having won his previous two. He gives weight away once more but only has a length to find on last time and could well overturn the form. (3) TOGETHER HUG was 5th in that race and likewise should be close again although that’s twice in a row now that she’s finished behind Taeyangui Huye. (8) TIZ PLAN has won two from four so far and is up in both class and distance as is (9) EAST PALOS, while (12) SMOKEY VALE was a long-shot winner at this class over 1900M and needs to be given more respect today.
|Selections||(1) Taeyangui Huye (5) Pureun Mae (3) Together Hug (12) Smokey Vale|
|Next Best||8, 9, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 12|
Race 10: Class 3 (1900M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(7) NASCA PRINCE just got up to win by a neck on February 11th over 1700M on jockey Djordje Perovic’s last day at Seoul. He’s won four of seven in total and steps up to 1900M today. There’s no reason why it won’t suit, and he should be a warm favourite. (12) LION ROCK, one of Triple Nine’s “full” brothers, has had his setbacks but looks to be getting things right now. He was beaten by Nasca Prince in December but was a good 2nd over 1800M last start six weeks ago and is a danger here. So too is (11) ARGO AWESOME, up in class following a battling win at 1700M a month ago and likely to be competitive. (1) JISANG BIHAENG had a poor day at the office behind Nasca Prince last time but ran well at 1800M in January and is a likely early pace-setter here with a chance of staying on. (2) JANGBI HAENGUN ran creditably over 1700M last month and also has placing chances.
|Selections||(7) Nasca Prince (12) Lion Rock (11) Argo Awesome (1) Jisang Bihaeng|
|Next Best||2, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 9, 12|
Race 11: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(3) P.K. PARTY won her first six starts culminating in the Nonghyup Chairman’s Trophy in November. She’s come up short in two outings since, both when favourite but in tough company, registering a 3rd and a 2nd, last time beating three of the others who go here and with a more favourable draw to get to the lead today, she should return to winning ways. (11) FLYING CHAMP, who also beat three of these on her way to 3rd place in a good race at class and distance last time, is the main danger while (5) JJARIT, who was 4th behind P.K. Party last time can also get close. (6) CUPID LADY, returning from seventeen weeks off, and (10) BEST ROAD look best of the rest.
|Selections||(3) P.K. Party (11) Flying Champ (5) Jjarit (10) Best Road|
|Next Best||6, 8|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 9|