It’s Sunday! It’s Soeul & Busan! The capital has 11 races from 10:45 to 18:00 while at Busan there are 6 from 12:40 to 17:05. Here are the previews:
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
Three debut-makers but it’s the most experienced among the others, (8) FANTASTIC QUEEN, who gets the nod. She was 2nd over this distance on August 20th and should have too much. (3) CHOWON YEOJEONSA and (6) JEONSIN MUKYANG haven’t shown much yet but may be a little more progressed at this stage than the rest although (4) CONKER did show improvement last time. The debut-makers can’t really be backed first-up but at a push, you’d take (7) MACH SEUNGNI as being most likely to run well.
|Selections||(8) Fantastic Queen (4) Conker (3) Chowon Yeojeonsa (6) Jeonsin Mukyang|
|Next Best||2, 7|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 8|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
Tricky one here but (6) SIMON RICH perhaps has the edge. He wasn’t too far away when running 4th of eight over this distance two weeks ago and turns around quickly here. He should be on the early pace. (2) MAGGIEUI CHUEOG also improved last time albeit in weak company and can go well once more while (4) SHUMA and (1) C.K. QUEEN should also be in the hunt.
|Selections||(6) Simon Rich (2) Maggieui Chueog (4) Shuma (1) C.K. Queen|
|Next Best||5, 7|
|Fast Start||5, 6|
Seoul Race 3: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Big field and any number of prospective winners. (3) YEOKJEONUI SUNGAN was beaten six-lengths by a good winner over this distance on August 20th and just about gets the nod here. She’ll need a good start though. (2) NAMWON QUEEN and (7) RAON MAKER are also likely to be away quickly and can go close while an intriguing entry is (12) BARIME CAMP. She got her maiden win at 1300M at the end of July and steps back in trip here with the champion jockey aboard. (4) RAON QUANTUM is also in the hunt while (11) PYEWOL SUHWA, an eye-catching class 6 winner last time out, can’t be ruled out completely.
|Selections||(3) Yeokjeonui Sungan (12) Barime Camp (7) Raon Maker (11) Pyewol Suhwa|
|Next Best||2, 4|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 7, 11|
Seoul Race 4: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(4) DAEHAN GANGSAN was a four length winner over this distance on August 13th. He is up in class today but could well be the one to beat once more. (8) YEONDARA comes in after a strong 2nd at class and distance on August 20th and will be dangerous. (3) DUMANGANG was back in 5th that day and can get closer this time. (1) GWANAK HAMSEONG and (2) LIVE POWER are others to take into consideration.
|Selections||(4) Daehan Gangsan (8) Yeondara (1) Gwanak Hamseong (2) Live Power|
|Next Best||3, 9, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 4|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(7) TRUE TIMBER enters following back to back 2nd place finishes at class and distance and looks most likely to score in this all filly contest. She usually settles in the middle of the pack and has a strong finish. (1) GAMGYEOGUI SUNGAN comfortably beat (10) PUREUN JILJU and (3) LITTLE ANGELS on what was just her second start as the trio ran 2nd to 4th over the minimum distance on August 19th. She’s up in distance for the first time today but should be competitive while the pair she beat should also be looking to find the money once more. (6) JANGSAN JEPAE has also shown plenty of promise across three outings so far and should be a threat, likely setting the early pace.
|Selections||(7) True Timber (1) Gamgyeogui Sungan (6) Jangsan Jepae (3) Little Angels|
|Next Best||10, 5|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 6|
Busan Race 2: Class 5 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Really competitive race this and by virtue of her beating four of these on her way to 2nd place at class and distance on August 20th, we’ll go with (5) SOJUNGHAN INYEON end up victorious. Among those four, (1) SEORABEOL DOLPUNG, who followed up with a 3rd place a couple of weeks ago and (10) ONNURI GANGJA can be threats again although the main danger looks set to come from (3) RISING PRINCE. He’s yet to win in eighteen attempts but comes in following consecutive 2nd place finishes and can get close once more. (6) CHOEGANG DRIVER, 4th behind Rising Prince last time and up in class (11) WORLD KOREAN, are best of the rest.
|Selections||(5) Sojunghan Inyeon (3) Rising Prince (1) Seorabeol Dolpung (10) Onnuri Gangja|
|Next Best||6, 11|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 7|
Seoul Race 6: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(1) BEST TEN was 3rd over 1300M on her first try at this class in July. She enters off an eight-week layoff and should have too much for this lot, likely leading from gate to wire. The wonderfully named (2) HAEKHANGGONGMOHAM is up in class following his second win in five starts and looks to have potential for more as does (4) SAEBYEOGI, a very quick winner at the minimum distance last time. His two previous tries at further than 1000M haven’t gone well but he can be ready for another go. (7) SMART BOBAE is also rapidly rising up the classes and must be taken into account while (6) ARGO MELODY comes in off a solid 2nd place at class and distance and has claims again.
|Selections||(1) Best Ten (7) Smart Bobae (4) Saebyeogi (2) Haekhanggongmoham|
|Next Best||6, 5|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 7, 9|
Busan Race 3: Class 4 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 55 Million
It’s about time the Team Valor colours were in the Busan winner’s circle again and (6) CHASTITY looks ready to put them there. She beat three of these on her way to 2nd place at class and distance three weeks ago and can go one better today. It won’t be easy though. The start before last, Chastity ran 3rd to (9) DAMNYANG TAEYANG and although that one disappointed when reappearing as favourite last month, he will be a threat. (10) ROYAL HEART is up in class following two consecutive wins and has nothing to fear at this level while (1) QUEEN’S QUEEN and (4) PARK MAN also look to be in at least the hunt for places.
|Selections||(6) Chastity (9) Damnyang Taeyang (10) Royal Heart (4) Park Man|
|Next Best||1, 5|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 6, 9|
Seoul Race 7: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Two standouts here with both (2) SKY VELVET and (7) JEONGAN KINGDOM coming in off 4th place finishes in competitive races. The latter was perhaps a touch more impressive so we’ll side with him. (1) SOCCER HERO makes his first start since winning over this distance in July. He carries an extra 5kg today but can still go close while (8) HELL CAT and first-time starter (10) MIGHTY SSING also look to have claims, the latter looking especially well in for a debut.
|Selections||(7) Jeongan Kingdom (2) Sky Velvet (1) Soccer Hero (10) Mighty Ssing|
|Next Best||8, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3, 4|
Busan Race 4: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
Four of these enter off wins and of those, three are up in class. (2) QUE SERA SERA has won four of six starts so far, all of them at 1000M. His one previous effort at this distance didn’t go well but he looks to be worth another chance here. (4) CHOEGANG FORCE ONE has won at this distance and further and looks to have plenty more to come while the other one up in class, (12) CITY SEVEN looks to have a bit more to find. (3) YEONGWON CHUKJE has already won at this class and accordingly must be respected. As for the rest, Que Sera Sera’s stablemate (5) SHORT STOP and (11) BANJIUI YEOJOENSA also look dangerous.
|Selections||(2) Que Sera Sera (3) Yeongwon Chukje (11) Banjiui Yeojeonsa (4) Cheogang Force One|
|Next Best||5, 12|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 8, 12|
Seoul Race 8: Class 4 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(8) GWANGYA BULGIDUNG was a six-length winner on her first try around two turns on August 13th and while she’s up in class today, she carries very little weight and can win once more, leading from the early stages. The main danger is the experienced (9) SEUNGNISARANG, who has been no worse than 4th in her last nine starts and will surely be close again. (3) SPECIAL SHINE was 2nd behind the promising Hibiki over this distance three weeks ago and can place again while (4) JOGYESAN and (5) YES YOU CAN are both better than their respective latest outings suggest.
|Selections||(8) Gwangya Bulgidung (9) Seungnisarang (3) Special Shine (4) Jogyesan|
|Next Best||5, 1|
|Fast Start||5. 8|
Busan Race 5: Class 4 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 55 Million
This race is open to foreign bred runners but we have to really go for one of the locals in the shape of (6) BAY KINGS. He beat four of these on his way to a class and distance victory on August 25th and while he carries an extra 3kg today, is still very much the one to beat. Of the ones behind him that day, (8) BAROGA and (11) USAIN NUT can put up a bit resistance this time but main dangers should be (4) PRIZE KING and especially (10) ADELEUI JINJU, the latter having beaten the former when winning at 1400M a month ago.
|Selections||(6) Bay Kings (10) Adeleui Jinju (4) Prize King (11) Usain Nut|
|Next Best||8, 5|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 6, 11|
Seoul Race 9: Class 3 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
Competitive race but following back to back 2nd place finishes, (3) SAMSEONG BULPAE is favoured to get things right today with Moon Se Young on board for the very first time. He’ll likely look to get on the early pace and can go all the way. Lots of others enter in solid form although we’ll go for (10) SOJUNGHAN MANNAM and the up in class (9) DOSI NONGBU to provide the stiffest competition with (8) DAEJANGBAK, despite a disappointing spin around 1200M last start, also in the frame.
|Selections||(3) Samseong Bulpae (9) Dosi Nongbu (10) Sojunghan Mannam (8) Daejangbak|
|Next Best||2, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3|
Busan Race 6: Class 1 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 110 Million
This is for class 1 horses rated up to 100 so while it’s a small field, it should be a good contest. (8) NEW YORK BLUE was at one time one of the top sprinters in the country and while she didn’t do much on her return from a lengthy absence in July, she can go much better here in a race that seems set up for her very nicely. (5) DONGBANG DAERO had a hard time in the Busan Mayor’s Cup last start but should be much happier today while (3) MAC AND CHEESE and (6) SUPREME MAGIC are others who can go well in a race that will see whoever wins it, recording their first visit to the winner’s circle for quite some time.
|Selections||(8) New York Blue (5) Dongbang Daero (3) Mac And Cheese (6) Supreme Magic|
|Next Best||4, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 7|
Seoul Race 10: Class 3 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(4) ROCKET QUEEN beat (1) ARGO FLYING as the pair raced 3rd and 4th over 1700M on August 20th. There was only a head between them that day and today they should really be battling it out for top honours. It could go either way. Further down the field that day was (2) BULKKOCHWANGJA and he can improve here while (5) CHEONUI GANGJA and (6) CHEONJI SEONGGONG looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(4) Rocket Queen (1) Argo Flying (2) Bulkkochwangja (5) Cheonui Gangja|
|Next Best||6, 8|
Seoul Race 11: Class 1 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 110 Million
For horses rated 105 and down here and (11) DAISYAN and (10) PARANG JUUIBO came home 3rd and 4th behind what was briefly a track record setting time over 1200M just over a month ago. Parang Juuibo had previously been 2nd to Doraonpogyeongseon – 3rd in last week’s Korea Sprint – in the SBS Sports Sprint and he looks to be the pick among these. Daisyan is second-best while (3) HURI BARAM, class and distance winner in June, and the up in class (5) SUSEONG CAPTAIN also look capable of going close.
|Selections||(10) Parang Juuibo (11) Daisyan (3) Huri Baram (5) Suseong Captain|
|Next Best||9, 1|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 7, 10|